For people who want free rpg makers

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

For people who want free rpg makers

Postby coldReactive » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:25 pm

Check out this site: http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/ind ... _Page.html

as well as the alternatives: http://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/ind ... tives.html

Not everything has to be "pay-for-this-to-get-all-features."
coldReactive
Participator

Re: For people who want free rpg makers

Postby ArcaneScholar » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:37 pm

Are there any that work on Macs?
ArcaneScholar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby coldReactive » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:17 pm

ArcaneScholar wrote:Are there any that work on Macs?

Verge is Windows and Mac, Sphere is Windows Mac and Linux (though the linux one requires wine now.) They're both listed on that alternatives page.
coldReactive
Participator

Postby tod3690 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:07 pm

Why did I know that question was coming.
tod3690
---

Postby dagar » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:20 pm

can wrote:

Why did I know that question was coming.

Cuz lately people have been to lazy to try it themselves =p
dagar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby vorerex » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:02 pm

Downloaded ohrrpgce (official hamster republic role playing game creation engine) not too long ago... partly cause the name is so interesting... plan to play with it some more. The .deb installs on Ubuntu linux just fine and it works great. i can provide some technical support for running it on linux... then i can devour you as payment. *evil giggle* I will try and make a vore game with it in my free time to showcase it some. ^_^

Verge works under linux via WIne.

Sphere works under wine as stated.

~linkthegamer
Last edited by vorerex on Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vorerex
Been posting for a bit

Postby Deathworks » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:12 pm

Hi!

Well, if you understand Japanese and are on Windows, you may also wish to try the following:

WOLF RPGエディター
(Probably most powerful of those freeware titles I know)

Like A Quest Hyper
(Very simple and limited, but in some regards very flexible)

J-RPGCreatorDX
(Also very popular and powerful, though some things need getting used to)

QUEEK/QUEEK II
(Yep, there are two versions of the engine; the second version is probably better for those interested in programming; has a fake 3D system for the graphics but very limited in terms of game play settings)

RPG Script System
(Incomplete; lacks combat system; actually looks nice, but has been officially abandoned, so there will be no updates. However, the lack of a combat system may be less of a problem here)

ERPG
(Actually, one of my favorites; I think the default graphics which are also used in the demo are the reason why no one ever used this to make games; quite flexible and easy to use)

There are actually a few more, but I don't have any/much experience with them, so I can't comment on their merits/demerits.

I also wish to point out that making limited RPGs using visual novel creators is also an option I have seen on occasion.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby coldReactive » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:24 am

Deathworks, that's IF we're on windows ;) I absolutely hate windows to be honest.
coldReactive
Participator

Postby Avereth » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:35 am

I'm curious if any of these listed ones have a more customizable setup than RPG Maker 2000 does? What has always bothered me about RPG Maker is that I can't make enemies have drop tables or anything without some complex use of random variables events. X3

And of course I don't really want one that requires complete manual programming of events, which I would fail at spectacularly. >.>
Avereth
Advanced Vorarephile

Location: The Savannah, resting as a meerkat squirms inside me

Postby coldReactive » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:42 am

RPG Maker 2000 isn't really free. It's thanks to pirates that people "think" it's free.
coldReactive
Participator

Postby Avereth » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:04 am

coldReactive wrote:RPG Maker 2000 isn't really free. It's thanks to pirates that people "think" it's free.

I'm already aware of this. I was merely asking how these free ones compare in relation to certain aspects as if they are better at what I am looking for then they are preferable to me.
Avereth
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby coldReactive » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:45 am

Ah, okay. I just wanted to make sure. To be honest, I haven't tried RPG Maker because I don't want to pay the 60 USD license.
coldReactive
Participator

Postby Deathworks » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:13 am

Hi!

ColdReactive: I consider it a necessary evil. As most of the Japanese games I play only run on Windows, I am stuck with it (^_^;; But I do realize that it is a pact with the devil - but I suppose it does no one good if we derail this thread further with system discussions.

Avereth: I have to admit that I never got to the point where I got to worry about drop tables, but I have checked the manuals of the engines I suggested:

WOLF RPGエディター: Okay, I never messed with the default system, but it seems that for each enemy you can specify 1 item, 1 weapon, and one piece of armor, and specify for each a chance for it to be dropped.

Like A Quest Hyper: Each enemy has a table of up to two items. Item 1 has a 25% chance and item 2 a 5 % chance.

J-RPGCreatorDX: If I understand it correctly, you can specify up to 3 items per enemy, with the first item being more likely than the second item and the third item least likely to be dropped.

QUEEK/QUEEK II: QUEEK: One item per enemy, with a selectable chance for a drop. QUEEK II: Mmmmhhhh, I never really looked into it. It seems that you can make a free item drop table (no pre-defined number of items, and for each item an individual drop chance)

RPG Script System: No combat system, so nothing available at all without programming (^_^;;

ERPG: No item drop table, just a single item possible.

As I said before, there are many more, but I haven't tested all of them. Looking through the ones I have on my new computer, I found the following:

ロープレジェネレーター: You can create a free item drop table (number of items no pre-defined) for each encounter pattern where you can set the item and the chance the item is dropped.

mRPG: You can specify three pieces of equipment and three general items each enemy can carry. With each of them, you can specify a chance that item/piece of equipment is dropped after combat (non-exclusive, it seems).

I hope this helps a little bit.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby coldReactive » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:21 am

Deathworks wrote:Hi!

ColdReactive: I consider it a necessary evil.

glad you said "I consider it," because it's not a necessary evil whatsoever. *facepalm* yeah sure, it has 97% market share with mac and linux having the other 3% but come on, have you ever watched revolution OS? Anyway, let's keep it on topic, thanks for the drop stuff.
coldReactive
Participator

Postby ArcaneScholar » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:38 am

coldReactive wrote:

Verge is Windows and Mac, Sphere is Windows Mac and Linux (though the linux one requires wine now.) They're both listed on that alternatives page.

Sorry I had to ask rather than check myself, college time crunch ^^;
Thanks, though! I really appreciate it! :D
ArcaneScholar
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Deathworks » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:42 am

Hi!

ColdReactive: (It is necessary for me because the games I play require it, as I said) Anyhow, won't you mention the drop rates for the engines you suggested?

Avereth: Actually, while I provided the information you asked for, I strongly suggest that you look at all the suggested engines (those ColdReactive and I suggested, that is). There are many different approaches among them, and there may be one where you love the system and another where you hate the system, even if the drop table question was answered similarly, For instance, I never got to terms with the variables system used by J-RPG. On the other hand, I really love the database system WOLF RPGエディター uses. And QUEEK, for instance, is in many regards something completely different than the rest (^_^;;

Since all these are for free, there is really no reason to blindly trust anything I say. Just visit the sites (don't get scared by the sample graphics of ERPG - I really think they are to blame for its lacking public success), download the things and look through the manuals or the engines yourself.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Avereth » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:45 am

Deathworks wrote:Hi!

Ah thanks for all of that information! For me the most fun aspect of a game is the things you can get off of enemies from encounters, and a 1 drop system ruins the chance to have rare things drop or quest items as well as more normal, junk drops, and crafting materials.

I'll look a bit into all of the potential ones of course.
Avereth
Advanced Vorarephile

On free game engines

Postby Deathworks » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:09 am

Hi!

You are welcome. If you have any problems with the ones I suggested, feel free to ask. I will try to figure out what to do (although I am not firm in all of them (^_^;; ). The degree to which I tested the engines has nothing to do with their inherent qualities - time constraints and my personal preferences have a lot to say concerning that - for instance, my interest in QUEEK eventually died because I didn't like the style of play.

Deathworks
Deathworks
Innocence and Cuteness!

Postby Rayen » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:11 pm

This thread should actually be called "For people who want free rpg makers that are actually halfway decent"

It's easy as hell to find "free rpg makers", but finding ones that actually work/are actually decent is a little harder. I've tried a few of these before and they're pretty decent. I'll probably try the ones I haven't tried though.

Although, I'll probably just be sticking with my RPG Makers since I already paid for them and whatnot.
Disclaimer: I am a lazy bastard.
Rayen
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Deioth » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:09 pm

I guess I'll try out that hamster thing, but is there any in-English stuff out there on a comparable level to RPG Maker's scripts and event handling but a more readily customizable combat system?
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Return to Vore game