Attempting a M/m furry vore game in Game Maker

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Attempting a M/m furry vore game in Game Maker

Postby Deioth » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:47 am

I'm gonna try my luck making a M/m vore game in game maker. The basic idea is for it to be my Writing.com interactive V2.0, and in game form ]:8P You'd have to find a way to escape this world of hungry furs and the like through a bit of exploration and traditional adventure, essentially solving little puzzles to get past obstacles. If it takes off at all and I keep the mood up to learn enough Game Maker and continue designing it (with some proper assistance) I'm hoping to have multiple winning endings, most with you becoming pred, but at the least I'd like to have a few paths to choose and a dozen or so beasties to feast upon ya.

But, for now, I need spriters. Anyone who's savvy with 2D animation and sprites, I'd like you help. For the purposes of this game, I have no problem using purely edited sprites from games already out there. The graphical level would be SNES comparable, so there're tons of sprite sheets we could take from. If things work out, we'll expand from the vore to include some sexual encounters and mix the two, but for now I want the vore working and a decent little variety of hungry hunks.

As of right now, I've edited a feral tiger from an arcade game, and with some more scripting and sprite editing I'll hopefully have our first functioning pred. Course, I'd like him to be anthro in the future, so, again, I need a sprite editor/artist ]:8P Also, if anyone knows of some good GM tutorials beyond those posted on the main site, lemme know. If it's relevant, I'm using the free, basic version.
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Re: Attempting a M/m furry vore game in Game Maker

Postby Bannor » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:07 am

I can't offer any of the assistance you're asking for but wanted to at least toss in support for you taking on the task! I hope ya get a few people to help out! :-D
Bannor
???

Postby SolidScale » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:07 am

Hrm. I may be able to give my paw in spriting. I've not tryied it before, but I'd like to give it a shot.
I'm an anthro artist and I'd really like to give this a shot!

I could also grab some tutorials and scripts off of some of my friends if that helps :3

If you're interested in my help, PM me or something :P
Food is a dime a dozen, ate as you please and as much as you want.
Friends are significantly more costly, harder to make and worth savouring every bit of.
SolidScale
Somewhat familiar

Postby anubis » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:42 am

Well, im no artist or anthing like that, but ill be willing to test the game for you, if thats of any help.

Jackal
anubis
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deioth » Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:17 pm

SolidScale wrote:Hrm. I may be able to give my paw in spriting. I've not tryied it before, but I'd like to give it a shot.
I'm an anthro artist and I'd really like to give this a shot!

I could also grab some tutorials and scripts off of some of my friends if that helps :3

If you're interested in my help, PM me or something :P

Alrighty. Are you familiar with how Game Maker works its sprite sheets and animations? You'll need to be able to constrict yourself to that. Also, the general rule of size difference for now will be that predators are about twice the player's size. What each predator would need right now is a stationary animation, walk animation, voring/combat animation (where you struggle to escape), swallow animation, and then digestion animation. So, for example, the tiger I've got worked on right now has a simple drool and head bob when standing still, walks forward, and has a drooly bulgy swallow. I'll need to edit the vore/combat and the digestion animations. The digestion animations are essentially the "game over" animations, cuz once those jaws close it's all over ];89~~~ I'd love to have these be nice and drawn out so players can watch the belly slowly gurgle away at them and deflate as they're turned into nourishment for a satisfied pred ]|8D At their most basic level, it'd be the pred doing something to lie down, relax, kick back, nap, or whatever and let their belly work on their food.

As to scripts and tutorials, send any you've got my way. I'll need to be able to provide dialogue, choices in said dialogue and their results, a way to check input for a necessary pattern, an inventory system, multiple rooms, a point-and-click adventure type of puzzle solving, perhaps some RPG-esque stat elements, and a way for AI to mimic something like Simon (it's that color/noise based memory game). I think all of that would get the game's framework well in place.
Deioth

Postby SolidScale » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:52 am

Arf, the sprites I think I can manage.
I've not given my paw at sprites just yet, I've done some basic edits and such, but I'm going to give it a good try. I'm familiar with Game Maker's spriting system and the like, I've tinkered with it and have a few sheets I could use as templates. I've also got a friend who says he's in on helping with spriting, seeing as he does spriting anyways :3

...Aaaaas for the scripts and tutorials... I've not yet gotten my hands on them, though there are tutorials around in my reach, I've not been able to grab them. Scripts, I've got a friend that -might- be able to find some. *Nods*

I'll see what I can do from here on out. Keep me posted! :3
Food is a dime a dozen, ate as you please and as much as you want.
Friends are significantly more costly, harder to make and worth savouring every bit of.
SolidScale
Somewhat familiar

Postby Deioth » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Right. Keep me posted, as well ]:8D I'll see about figuring out how to get the basic idea of how encounters will go by next Monday and have a working test demo of generic human food and generic hungry tiger to share. Should give people an idea of what I want to do.
Deioth

Return to Vore game