Modded VGame client (10/19/2023 - v1.1.3)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Modded VGame client (8/3/2017 - v1.1.3)

Postby NomadicMuse » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:15 pm

yep, that was the issue, every time I was downloading chapter 2, it was putting a separate production folder in the main one. And all the file replacing was only done in the chapter 2 folder, so I diligently unzipped each folder and took every file out to save over and now chapter 2 and 3 have sprites along with hiccups and your mod. I'll see if I can quest item cheat up to chapter 5 to make sure everything's there.
NomadicMuse
New to the forum

Postby NomadicMuse » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:20 pm

Damn, looks like sequence breaking has bit me in the ass. Can't get into the city of reynos, is there a certain event code I need to be able to get in? Or a certain item i'm missing? Or is it simply restarting a file over to do it proper and progress as i'm supposed to.
NomadicMuse
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:08 am

NomadicMuse wrote:Damn, looks like sequence breaking has bit me in the ass. Can't get into the city of reynos, is there a certain event code I need to be able to get in? Or a certain item i'm missing? Or is it simply restarting a file over to do it proper and progress as i'm supposed to.

You're on your own there. I don't know the content of the game any better than any other player - I just wrote a UI for it.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NomadicMuse » Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:12 am

pretty simple to fix i'm sure, just follow the walkthrough with a strong character. SHouldn't take me too long
NomadicMuse
New to the forum

Postby kainvastro » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:41 pm

I was looking for a game that looks 98% similar to this game but it had bigger maps, it was more viking/amazonian theme based, and more faster flow of movement, does anyone here ever remember seeing a game like that? the player was more customizable, the gameplay order was more easier to follow, but the characters looked abit more crude, the game resolution was very small
kainvastro
Been posting for a bit

Postby mcpreyboy » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:03 am

You're probably talking about Duamutef's glorious vore rpg (yeah that's the name xD).
Here's a link to it viewtopic.php?f=52&t=35442
mcpreyboy
Been posting for a bit

Postby wafflewarlord17 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:40 am

I'm trying to get this game to run but when I click the vgame.jar thing it just asks me to open it with one of a selection of apps. I downloaded java but that didn't change anything do you need a specific java version or anything
wafflewarlord17
Been posting for a bit

Postby SuperPelmeN20 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 3:29 am

wafflewarlord17 wrote:I'm trying to get this game to run but when I click the vgame.jar thing it just asks me to open it with one of a selection of apps. I downloaded java but that didn't change anything do you need a specific java version or anything

Yeah, same thing. It started since i reinstalled windows, so i guess yes, you need some special version of java.
SuperPelmeN20
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:28 pm

This case is mentioned in the troubleshooting instructions in the first post under 'Game won't start' and happens because the double click action for jar files isn't set to open them with the jvm for whatever reason. The instructions for how to solve it vary based on your operating system and your java install.

On windows this means setting jar files to open with java.exe.

There are a bunch of ways to do this, but the most direct is to right click on the jar file and select 'open with'. If you don't see something like 'Java(TM) SE Platform Binary' displayed there, select 'choose another app'. If you still don't see it, click on 'more apps'. If you still don't see it, find 'look for another app on this pc' at the bottom of the list, and locate your local java.exe wherever you installed it. This will typically be in c:/programs/java/bin or some variation thereof. Once you've selected it, make sure 'always use this to open files of this type' is selected so it sticks for next time.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wafflewarlord17 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:43 pm

Seifens wrote:This case is mentioned in the troubleshooting instructions in the first post under 'Game won't start' and happens because the double click action for jar files isn't set to open them with the jvm for whatever reason. The instructions for how to solve it vary based on your operating system and your java install.

On windows this means setting jar files to open with java.exe.

There are a bunch of ways to do this, but the most direct is to right click on the jar file and select 'open with'. If you don't see something like 'Java(TM) SE Platform Binary' displayed there, select 'choose another app'. If you still don't see it, click on 'more apps'. If you still don't see it, find 'look for another app on this pc' at the bottom of the list, and locate your local java.exe wherever you installed it. This will typically be in c:/programs/java/bin or some variation thereof. Once you've selected it, make sure 'always use this to open files of this type' is selected so it sticks for next time.

ok so I tried this and like a bunch of errors popped up and idk what any of them mean
wafflewarlord17
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Thu Jul 06, 2023 1:52 pm

wafflewarlord17 wrote:ok so I tried this and like a bunch of errors popped up and idk what any of them mean

Well, without more details I can't really speculate on what they mean either, but I'll again mention that there is a troubleshooting guide in the first post that covers various cases, including one that could be described as 'a bunch of errors popped up'. So I would recommend going through the installation instructions there again and make sure you're understanding them correctly.

This has never been an _easy_ game to install and get running, but it's very doable and to my knowledge the provided instructions should cover all the known places where issues commonly arise.

If you're sure your problems aren't covered already, post more information here and I'll have a look.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wafflewarlord17 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:18 pm

Seifens wrote:
wafflewarlord17 wrote:ok so I tried this and like a bunch of errors popped up and idk what any of them mean

Well, without more details I can't really speculate on what they mean either, but I'll again mention that there is a troubleshooting guide in the first post that covers various cases, including one that could be described as 'a bunch of errors popped up'. So I would recommend going through the installation instructions there again and make sure you're understanding them correctly.

This has never been an _easy_ game to install and get running, but it's very doable and to my knowledge the provided instructions should cover all the known places where issues commonly arise.

If you're sure your problems aren't covered already, post more information here and I'll have a look.

Ok so the errors that are popping up say this

(unable to load base game data - attempting to re-export)
(BaseDonnee( VData.mdb))
(BaseDonnee::calculRequete( Select ^ FROM Map))
(java.lang.NullPointerExeption)
(BaseDonnee::calculRequete( Select ^ FROM Prop WHERE MapID = -1))
(Error exporting Prop.dat)
(Error writing data file Vgame.dat)
(java.lang.NullPointerExeption) the same as the fourth one

idk what any of these mean but I followed the instructions from the first page exactly like they said and these popped up when I clicked the vgame.jar thing
wafflewarlord17
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:59 am

wafflewarlord17 wrote:(unable to load base game data - attempting to re-export)

According to this output, it looks like you're missing vgame.dat. Make sure you're installing the most recent version of my mod and that vgame.dat appears in your production directory along with vgame.jar before starting the game. Step 4 explicitly mentions both files, but maybe it wasn't clear enough by itself.

I've updated the troubleshooting section for the odbc errors to note that those errors can also be caused by a missing vgame.dat.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wafflewarlord17 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 8:04 am

Seifens wrote:
wafflewarlord17 wrote:(unable to load base game data - attempting to re-export)

According to this output, it looks like you're missing vgame.dat. Make sure you're installing the most recent version of my mod and that vgame.dat appears in your production directory along with vgame.jar before starting the game. Step 4 explicitly mentions both files, but maybe it wasn't clear enough by itself.

I've updated the troubleshooting section for the odbc errors to note that those errors can also be caused by a missing vgame.dat.

Huh well I've had that VGame.dat file and I think the mod version is 1.1.3 which I thought was the latest one but maybe I'm wrong.
so now I'm even more confused
wafflewarlord17
Been posting for a bit

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:18 pm

When a level up happens it doesn't quite show what all each stat increases. does one of them improve the "stomach time" state to increase how long people can stay in your character?
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Prakmatiker » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:40 pm

ok so everytime i want to start the game this error is popping up

Erreur 2 : java.lang.NullPointerException
Erreur : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
Erreur 3 : java.lang.NullPointerException SELECT TiltSet.Position, TiltSet.NomImage, TiltSet.Blocked, TiltSet.EventID, Map.Nom, Map.MapID FROM Map, TiltSet WHERE Map.MapID=TiltSet.MapID AND Map.MapID=1 ORDER BY TiltSet.Position
Erreur la : 0 :java.lang.NullPointerException
Erreur : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver
Erreur 3 : java.lang.NullPointerException SELECT Prop.TailleX, Prop.TailleY, Prop.PositionX, Prop.PositionY, Prop.Nom, Prop.MapID, Map.Nom, Map.MapID FROM Map, Prop WHERE Map.MapID=Prop.MapID AND Map.MapID=1
Erreur prop loader : 0 :java.lang.NullPointerException

anybody knows what this means?
Prakmatiker
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:19 pm

wafflewarlord17 wrote:Huh well I've had that VGame.dat file and I think the mod version is 1.1.3 which I thought was the latest one but maybe I'm wrong.

Ok, try this: Unzip the 1.1.3 mod files into their own directory, which should now contain _only_ vgame.jar and vgame.dat. Then double click on vgame.jar. This should start the game as normal with the exception that there will be no sound or game art, just the UI icons. I've just done this locally and gotten the expected results. The game is fully playable in this state as all the control data and game scripts are located in vgame.dat, you just won't be able to see or hear anything.

If it works, you can close the game and move the content directories (final, Inventory, Player, Props, Sound, Tilts) from your main game install into that folder and it should let you play from there as normal.

If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you. You've got an issue with vgame.dat being corrupted on extract, or a disk error, or some weird corner java version that can't load binary data files or some other weird system level issue that I couldn't even speculate on.

For reference, my current java version is:
java version "19" 2022-09-20
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 19+36-2238)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19+36-2238, mixed mode, sharing)

And my current windows version is:
Windows 10 Professional
Version 22H2 (OS Build 19045.3086)
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wafflewarlord17 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:01 pm

Seifens wrote:
wafflewarlord17 wrote:Huh well I've had that VGame.dat file and I think the mod version is 1.1.3 which I thought was the latest one but maybe I'm wrong.

Ok, try this: Unzip the 1.1.3 mod files into their own directory, which should now contain _only_ vgame.jar and vgame.dat. Then double click on vgame.jar. This should start the game as normal with the exception that there will be no sound or game art, just the UI icons. I've just done this locally and gotten the expected results. The game is fully playable in this state as all the control data and game scripts are located in vgame.dat, you just won't be able to see or hear anything.

If it works, you can close the game and move the content directories (final, Inventory, Player, Props, Sound, Tilts) from your main game install into that folder and it should let you play from there as normal.

I tried this but the same errors popped up again but thanks for trying to help me with this. I think I'm gonna take a break from this for now but I may try to get this working sometime in the future
wafflewarlord17
Been posting for a bit

Postby Prakmatiker » Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:24 pm

Everytime i want to open the game a black Square appears for like a second and then nothing happens. Anybody knows whats happening there?
Prakmatiker
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:09 pm

Prakmatiker wrote:Everytime i want to open the game a black Square appears for like a second and then nothing happens. Anybody knows whats happening there?

It sounds like a command window is opening briefly. This would mean that you're clicking on the wrong file to start the game. The first post details how to install and run the game properly, so be sure you're understanding and following those instructions.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game