Modded VGame client (10/19/2023 - v1.1.3)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Modded VGame client (8/3/2017 - v1.1.3)

Postby Seifens » Fri May 21, 2021 3:02 pm

Ermac wrote:I can't play the game :(, I followed your instructions but I have problems with JAVA and I don't know how to fix it, I get a sign that says "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.jdbc.odbc.jdbcOdbcDriver" (I'm not good with programs Y_Y)

That problem is covered by the troubleshooting information in the first post, specifically the 'MDB/ODBC errors' section.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Sat May 22, 2021 7:32 am

I keep getting told that I don't have enough gold. At the fortune tellers, at the gloutonous pig, etc. I have a ton of gold. Is there a fix for this? I didn't see any mention of gold in this thread
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby Seifens » Sat May 22, 2021 2:22 pm

Zomulgustar wrote:I keep getting told that I don't have enough gold. At the fortune tellers, at the gloutonous pig, etc. I have a ton of gold. Is there a fix for this? I didn't see any mention of gold in this thread

If I had to guess, there's a checkbox in the options menu called 'fail checks'. If you have that selected you will fail every stat or resource check the dialog scripts make, including 'do you have enough gold'.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Sun May 23, 2021 1:06 am

Seifens wrote:
Zomulgustar wrote:I keep getting told that I don't have enough gold. At the fortune tellers, at the gloutonous pig, etc. I have a ton of gold. Is there a fix for this? I didn't see any mention of gold in this thread

If I had to guess, there's a checkbox in the options menu called 'fail checks'. If you have that selected you will fail every stat or resource check the dialog scripts make, including 'do you have enough gold'.

Thanks. I had already tried that. Restarting the game did fix it though for some reason. Which I needed to do because I could no longer save for some reason. restarting fixed that too thankfully. Now I'm in the Amazon/Cat person jungle. I had to copy everything from final2 into final1 in order to see them. weird. Is there a way to use a cheat to make amazons friendly again?
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby Seifens » Sun May 23, 2021 12:23 pm

Zomulgustar wrote:Now I'm in the Amazon/Cat person jungle. I had to copy everything from final2 into final1 in order to see them. weird. Is there a way to use a cheat to make amazons friendly again?

The final2 thing is a known issue. It's mentioned in the installation instructions on the first post. I'm not aware of any way to make the amazons friendly after you piss them off. I think it's one of the few exclusive choices you have in the game. If there is some way to undo it it's probably going to be a cheat command based on data that's buried in the content scripts, which I've never really looked at.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Mon May 24, 2021 1:50 am

I ended up just using the change sides command to switch sides to 8. 8 isn't enemies with anything. That way I was able to get all the conversations. I forget the exact syntax of the command. changesidestarget(8) I think. Need to change back to 1 for normal gameplay afterwards. Thanks Seifens
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby Zomulgustar » Mon May 24, 2021 3:39 am

ok. One last question. How do I change alignment? I can't get either the good or evil endings currently. Just the really, really bad one. The walkthrough says its based on alignment. I'd like to see all endings
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby Seifens » Mon May 24, 2021 4:03 am

Zomulgustar wrote:ok. One last question. How do I change alignment?

There's a spell called 'attonement' or 'absolution' or something along those lines that improves your alignment slightly in exchange for permanently reducing your maximum mana. Depending on what you've done in the game you'll have to cast it a _lot_, but if you go to the fortune teller (near the beginning of one of the zones, in a house with some bunnies and a cow outside) she'll give you a rough idea of where you are. If you're off the end of the 'bad' side she'll eat you herself immediately, so be prepared for that.

I also remember having trouble getting anything but the bad ending myself, so there may be a bug or maybe my save file is super messed up from all the modding I've done with it. I also seem to recall that the check to determine your ending happens earlier than you might think, so depending on where you are you may already be hosed. Don't bother telling me where you are though, I forget pretty much everything about the end of the game at this point.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zomulgustar » Mon May 24, 2021 4:29 am

I had an old save from before I entered dark elf territory. Once I knew the check was earlier than what I might think I had no problems. This game really punishes you for being neutral at the end :lol:
Zomulgustar
Participator

Postby Ermac » Tue May 25, 2021 6:00 am

Seifens wrote:
Ermac wrote:I can't play the game :(, I followed your instructions but I have problems with JAVA and I don't know how to fix it, I get a sign that says "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.jdbc.odbc.jdbcOdbcDriver" (I'm not good with programs Y_Y)

That problem is covered by the troubleshooting information in the first post, specifically the 'MDB/ODBC errors' section.

Hello and thanks for answering me, I have been following the steps over and over again and even made modifications and nothing worked for me, until I deleted everything and downloaded the files again and the game works for me 8O :D ¡Ahora podre disfrutarlo, muchas gracias Seifens! :) :-D
Ermac
Been posting for a bit

Postby TF2ScoutGod » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:30 pm

I keep getting baseDonnee errors and Java errros
TF2ScoutGod
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:48 am

TF2ScoutGod wrote:I keep getting baseDonnee errors and Java errros

You are not starting the game correctly. Double click on vgame.jar. The instructions and troubleshooting information in the first post likely contain all the information you need to get the game running.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TF2ScoutGod » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:21 pm

I have done everything correctly and it still won’t run no matter what I do. I really want to play this but I can’t get it to run no matter what I do I’ve followed the instructions back to finish. The only thing that runs with immediately crashing is the run.bat but I just get the base donelle errors
If anyone can do a more in depth step by step guide on this when you get to downloading the jport and getting it to start up. When did the edit on the .bat to use the jport Java and it instantly crashes. I’ve been doing a bunch of things to get it to work and nothing. How did every else get theirs to work after I did said thing to fix the problem and yet it doesn’t work still?
TF2ScoutGod
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:15 pm

TF2ScoutGod wrote:I have done everything correctly and it still won’t run no matter what I do. I really want to play this but I can’t get it to run no matter what I do I’ve followed the instructions back to finish. The only thing that runs with immediately crashing is the run.bat but I just get the base donelle errors
If anyone can do a more in depth step by step guide on this when you get to downloading the jport and getting it to start up. When did the edit on the .bat to use the jport Java and it instantly crashes. I’ve been doing a bunch of things to get it to work and nothing. How did every else get theirs to work after I did said thing to fix the problem and yet it doesn’t work still?

I don't know what to tell you. The modded version of the game doesn't even use the database any more, so if you're getting baseDonee errors then you're definitely not clicking on the right thing. The newest version also doesn't need jportable7 and you shouldn't be touching run.bat, test2, or anything other than vgame.jar.

The game's got a long and rocky history when it comes to ease of use, and that means there's lots of outdated advice and irrelevant workarounds out there that no longer apply. The definitive guide for how to get it running today is in the first post of this thread. It sounds like you're way off in left field on this one, and I can't help you other than to say follow the instructions more carefully.

If you hit any problems with them, refer to the troubleshooting section first then post here if it's something that isn't covered or that you don't understand. When you do, be specific about what step you're on and what issue you're having. It could also be something like what Ermac was seeing, where they just had to wipe everything and start from scratch because something at some point had gone crooked and there was no way to know when or how.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby TF2ScoutGod » Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:57 pm

I finally got it to work. Had to unzip everything in order expect for mod the test it. Apparently it was me not change the excution for the .jar in the properties
TF2ScoutGod
New to the forum

Postby TF2ScoutGod » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:01 pm

Ok I got the game to run. But I’m not seeing the images all I see is a green dot *which is me* I’m happy I got it to run. But I don’t know about this part. Scratch that I just had to reload it. And everything is view able
TF2ScoutGod
New to the forum

Postby TF2ScoutGod » Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:26 pm

I’m trying to do the cheats and I keep getting this error after I pressing execute.
java.Lang.StringIndexOutofBoundsExpception: String index out of range: -1
If anyone knows what causes this can ya help me to fix it
TF2ScoutGod
New to the forum

Postby Breakthrough » Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:36 pm

Seifens wrote:The modded version of the game doesn't even use the database any more, so if you're getting baseDonee errors then you're definitely not clicking on the right thing. The newest version also doesn't need jportable7 and you shouldn't be touching run.bat, test2, or anything other than vgame.jar.

Tangentially related: there is a pure Java database driver for Access databases now.

Putting those JARs in your class path and making this change in two places is enough to enable the game to read mdbs in recent JREs.
Code: Select all
-                       Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver");
-
-                       // Build the DB connection string
-                       String database = "jdbc:odbc:Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}";
-                       database += ";DBQ=" + chemin;
-                       database += ";DriverID=22";
-                       database += ";READONLY=true";
-                       database += "}";
+                       Class.forName("net.ucanaccess.jdbc.UcanaccessDriver");
+
+                       String database = "jdbc:ucanaccess://VData.mdb";

(I'm not suggesting you should do anything with that fact, but I figured I'd document it here. Thanks for your work on the mod over the years.)
Breakthrough
New to the forum

Postby Soroxas77 » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:54 am

Any chance of a sequel?
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:40 pm

@breakthrough
Nice find. I'm not updating the mod any more though, and the new binary format is at least 10x faster than the database version, so I don't think I'll be adding it. Feel free to take the source and release your own if you're up for it. People looking for mdb mod support do show up every once in a while. If I was going to pick it back up I'd probably look into moving further from the mdb format myself, as that was never very friendly to modders. Maybe try to port things over to lua or javascript as a scripting and data definition language, and load maps using something standardized like tmx.

@soroxas77
The original game was by Krishna3ca, not me, so they would be the one to ask about a sequel. However, it's been quite a while since chapter 7 came out with no news of any further projects, so I wouldn't count on it.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game