Modded VGame client (10/19/2023 - v1.1.3)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Modded VGame client (9/20/15 - v1.1.1)

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:42 am

Interesting game! Although it has a major problem for me: I can't see the contents of some windows, like the save / load menu... whereas some require me to select everything (control + a) until their contents show.

Feature wise, my main curiosity is if there will be a graphical world at some point, instead of a gray background with characters portrayed as green circles. If it's meant to be primarily text based, I can understand if not... it would be nice if there were some visuals to the world however, while also easier to navigate and understand where you are exactly.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Seifens » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:52 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:Interesting game! Although it has a major problem for me: I can't see the contents of some windows, like the save / load menu... whereas some require me to select everything (control + a) until their contents show.

Feature wise, my main curiosity is if there will be a graphical world at some point, instead of a gray background with characters portrayed as green circles. If it's meant to be primarily text based, I can understand if not... it would be nice if there were some visuals to the world however, while also easier to navigate and understand where you are exactly.

This isn't actually a game, it's a mod for another game - Any credit for it being interesting should go to Krishna3ca, who is the original author.

As to your problems, I'm guessing you haven't installed the base game which has all of the images/sounds in it. Summary instructions are in the first post in the Troubleshooting section. Hopefully doing that will correct your issues.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Soroxas77 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:18 am

I am having an issue. Some of the sprites are invisible.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:21 am

Soroxas77 wrote:I am having an issue. Some of the sprites are invisible.

Which sprites specifically? If you're progressing in the game it's possible you haven't installed all of the chapters. New chapters you get to would be missing their artwork if you'd never installed them. See the first post for details.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SirThumpsyernuts » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:08 am

I'm just gonna put this out there for anyone using the batch file and not having it do anything: If for some reason the file isn't bringing the game up, make sure the program files that the Java folder is in is named Program Files (x86).

This is probably an isolated case, but after ages of trying to get the mod to work, I finally figured out that my laptop has no (x86) version of Program Files, so I made a new folder, Named it as such, put the Java folder in it, and instantly it worked.

Again, not entirely sure if this is going to be a problem ever again, but I figure this might help someone out eons from now.
SirThumpsyernuts
Been posting for a bit

Postby Soroxas77 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:37 am

Seifens wrote:
Soroxas77 wrote:I am having an issue. Some of the sprites are invisible.

Which sprites specifically? If you're progressing in the game it's possible you haven't installed all of the chapters. New chapters you get to would be missing their artwork if you'd never installed them. See the first post for details.

I am in chapter 2 which is installed. And pretty much all of the NPC and armor sprites are invisible as well as the enemies.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:56 am

Soroxas77 wrote:I am in chapter 2 which is installed. And pretty much all of the NPC and armor sprites are invisible as well as the enemies.

Well, it sure sounds like you don't have chapter 2 installed... The reason sprites don't show up is if the game can't find them, so is it possible you didn't unpack it on top of the original? It should add its files to the directories under Production... final, tilts, props, etc. When you installed it might have said something about overwriting files with the same name, and if you clicked the wrong thing at that point it may have just cancelled the install or put them in a different folder or something.

You can verify you have chapter 2 installed correctly by opening the directory it's in (usually called 'Production'), finding the subdirectory named 'final', and looking for image files that start with 'gastrotoad'. That's one of the monsters added in chapter s, so if you have it installed those images should be in that directory. You may also want to verify that you can open them for viewing in case there's some kind of corruption with the files themselves. If they aren't there or you can't open them with an image viewer, then there's your problem.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Soroxas77 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:57 am

Seifens wrote:
Soroxas77 wrote:I am in chapter 2 which is installed. And pretty much all of the NPC and armor sprites are invisible as well as the enemies.

Well, it sure sounds like you don't have chapter 2 installed... The reason sprites don't show up is if the game can't find them, so is it possible you didn't unpack it on top of the original? It should add its files to the directories under Production... final, tilts, props, etc. When you installed it might have said something about overwriting files with the same name, and if you clicked the wrong thing at that point it may have just cancelled the install or put them in a different folder or something.

You can verify you have chapter 2 installed correctly by opening the directory it's in (usually called 'Production'), finding the subdirectory named 'final', and looking for image files that start with 'gastrotoad'. That's one of the monsters added in chapter s, so if you have it installed those images should be in that directory. You may also want to verify that you can open them for viewing in case there's some kind of corruption with the files themselves. If they aren't there or you can't open them with an image viewer, then there's your problem.

I have the images and I can view them. Should there be a production directory inside the original production directory? Because that's where they are, and I wanted to know if I should extract them to the original directory where the game file is. Could it be because I installed all seven chapters simultaneously...in the correct order of course.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:34 am

Soroxas77 wrote:I have the images and I can view them. Should there be a production directory inside the original production directory? Because that's where they are, and I wanted to know if I should extract them to the original directory where the game file is.

No, that's the problem, then. When installing new chapters you're meant to merge directories. So the chapter 2 'production' directory is intended to be the same directory where the game is installed.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Soroxas77 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Fixed it. And like I said, the chapters are all installed.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:28 am

Soroxas77 wrote:Fixed it. And like I said, the chapters are all installed.

Glad to hear it, enjoy the game! :)
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Modded VGame client (1/26/16 - v1.1.2)

Postby Seifens » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:15 am

Update! v1.1.2 is on the front page.

This update corrects a bug found by player1 where bonuses on the player weren't correctly loading from save files. Which is weird because I swear I tested that exact scenario. I had even added a debug command to print your active bonuses on the Extras menu for that purpose. Ah well, it's fixed now.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Soroxas77 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:21 am

Found a glitch. A potion of enlargement that I took seems to last quite a bit longer than it should. Granted, I don't mind, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:38 am

Soroxas77 wrote:Found a glitch. A potion of enlargement that I took seems to last quite a bit longer than it should. Granted, I don't mind, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

That sounds like it's related to the bug I just fixed. The game wasn't loading saved bonuses correctly, so they would never expire. If you grab v1.1.2 that should be fixed, but if you saved after a bad load like that you're out of luck, since the game would have recorded you as having no bonuses. There's an entry under the 'extras' menu called 'bonuses'. If you use that it will print all of your active temporary bonuses to the message window. Anything that shows up there should expire eventually.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Soroxas77 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:48 am

Honestly, I just had it canceled out by getting shrunk. A bigger issue is Shillia...however you spell her name isn't getting any experience from killing stuff.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:03 am

Is that one of the ally characters? I never use them myself. But I tested with Tara just now and she's working fine: gaining xp and leveling up off of killing monsters. You should be able to see the xp bar update on the character card for your ally as they earn experience.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Soroxas77 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:19 am

Yeah, the elven ally. Tarra didn't have a problem. It's Shiallia who isn't getting anything. And I could tell she wasn't getting exp off of killing mosters. Then again, I didn't download the latest update. I just downloaded the update and Shiallia killed a naga. She got some XP out of it.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:00 pm

Soroxas77 wrote:Yeah, the elven ally. Tarra didn't have a problem. It's Shiallia who isn't getting anything. And I could tell she wasn't getting exp off of killing mosters. Then again, I didn't download the latest update. I just downloaded the update and Shiallia killed a naga. She got some XP out of it.

Well, I'm glad it's working, but the 1.1.2 update shouldn't have made any differences there. That was strictly a fix to the player character loading code. Nothing NPC related at all.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Soroxas77 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:36 pm

What folder are the chapter 6 sprites in? Because they are invisible again. And it is specifically the humanoid sprites that are invisible because I just saw some of the new enemies added to this chapter.
Never mind. I fixed it.
Ugh, did something happen with the drop rate of the Assassin's letter from the Assassins near Rheynos? I can never seem to get one.
Soroxas77
Somewhat familiar

Postby DarkRain » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:55 am

How to edit VGame.dat ?
DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game