Modded VGame client (10/19/2023 - v1.1.3)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Modded VGame client (8/3/2017 - v1.1.3)

Postby Drago5598 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:07 pm

Seifens wrote:
Drago5598 wrote:Phew...Sorry if I'm necroing this but I was a bit curious if anyone had gotten everything working together (All 7 Chapters, Seifs Mod, and Hiccups mod) because I've managed to get up to chapter 6 100% but after that I have no clue on how to get Chapter 7 added on and it bugs me to the core, if there is even a slight hope for me to be able to get it on ill be happy. So here I am. ^^'

The short version is, unzip chapter 7 on top of the chapter 6 install. If you've done the first six chapters it should be straightforward. The longer version is you have to make sure the contents of several directories in the chapter 7 zip file go into the correct directories locally. You should be able to match them up by comparing the two folders. Copy the new files into the existing folders, overwriting any old files with matching names. And that's it. I've got a working version locally so I know it's doable. If you're using my mod, all you need are the assets (images and sounds). The rest of what you need to run the game is in vgame.jar and vgame.dat.

Knowing me I probably did something wrong, but whenever I attempt to use the vgame.dat from the upload you posted a page back for hiccups mod (VGame_hiccup) it always seems to revert back to 6.3 and whenever I use the base vgame.dat from the front page it turns up with the latest update 7.3 yes but it completely ignores the hiccup mods items and such. Phew... If you want the way I did it here it is, I downloaded every single one of the Vgame files and then I extracted over them like you are supposed to, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc etc. afterwards I throw on your mod first so I have the .jar and .dat files. afterwords I throw on Hiccups mod over everything and then I throw on your Hiccup mod patch, which gets me up to 6.3, and then according to you I extract Chapter 7 over everything again however it stays stuck on 6.3
Drago5598
New to the forum

Postby justaname333 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:54 pm

The game's main data file (vdata.mdb, or vgame.dat if using Seifen's engine) is not modular. If hiccup's mod is not made for chapter 7, then it simply won't have any chapter 7 content. You can't have both without somebody doing the work to port hiccup's changes to chapter 7.
justaname333
Participator

Postby Malware1234 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:02 pm

So I am having an issue to get the game running each time i try and open the game it gives me a black screen if someone could help me i would grateful.
Malware1234
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:55 am

Malware1234 wrote:So I am having an issue to get the game running each time i try and open the game it gives me a black screen if someone could help me i would grateful.

Unfortunately that doesn't sound similar to any of the typical issues. You'll want to make sure you've followed the installation instructions on the first post and are double clicking vgame.jar to start the game, and if that doesn't work please provide more specific details on what you're doing/seeing.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Malware1234 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:41 am

Alright, so I have followed the installation instruction as mentioned in your first post. I have downloaded all 7 chapters and have gotten ahold of jportable 7 to run the program. I have been double clicking vgame.jar to open the game from the vgame folder. Each time I do this instead of opening the game it will Instead of going to the program will open up but instead of taking me to the game it opens just the Java.exe then closes itself.
Malware1234
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:07 pm

Malware1234 wrote:Alright, so I have followed the installation instruction as mentioned in your first post. I have downloaded all 7 chapters and have gotten ahold of jportable 7 to run the program. I have been double clicking vgame.jar to open the game from the vgame folder. Each time I do this instead of opening the game it will Instead of going to the program will open up but instead of taking me to the game it opens just the Java.exe then closes itself.

Well, my first note is that you don't need jportable7 to use the latest version of my client. You only need it if you want to run the game using the original mdb content database. That said, my latest version is built against java 8, I think, so if it is trying to start it with the jportable7 install you've got that may be an issue. But I'm not 100% sure on that, since I feel like I was able to run the mdb export through jportable7 more recently than that.

The first thing you can try is putting just vgame.jar and vgame.dat into a directory by themselves and double clicking vgame.jar. If it works you should get a playable version of the game, only with no art or sounds - just the UI elements that are baked into the jar file. If that still gives you trouble there's probably something up with your system's java install, or the jar file association. Try reinstalling java.

If the window popping up is a command prompt with text that just goes away too fast for you to read it, you can try starting the game from the command line to see the error for longer. On windows you'd either use 'start vgame.jar', or 'java.exe -jar vgame.jar'. If double clicking doesn't work then I wouldn't expect the first one to work either, but if the second one works then you need set up jar files to open with the java platform binary. If the second doesn't work, then either you don't have java installed or it isn't on your default search path.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby anyany » Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:58 am

Is there a cheat to increase max mana and health only?
anyany
New to the forum

Postby b12481632 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:32 am

Ran into an issue where some enemies are invisible. The solution is to move the contents of the Final2 folder into Final.
b12481632
New to the forum

Postby meatsofa » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:53 am

dunno about health, but if you increase your INT then level up you get loads of mana.
then you just remove the INT and your mana stays high.
meatsofa
New to the forum

Postby seth270 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:03 am

anyone got a list of the games Cheat codes marked down i lost my old notepad file of them?
seth270
Participator

Postby Emberell » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:15 pm

seth270 wrote:anyone got a list of the games Cheat codes marked down i lost my old notepad file of them?

Hi!

There should be a complete list of cheats in part 5 of the walkthrough here (there's a LOT in there, and I'm not sure the item IDs completely align to what the walkthrough says, so I've made a few notes of my own after trying specific ones. Mostly on potions that I have tested and the like). It IS a docX file, if you need it in a different format let me know.

This should help though!
Attachments
Vgame walkthrough.docx
(149.4 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Emberell
Been posting for a bit

Postby seth270 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:03 am

Emberell wrote:
seth270 wrote:anyone got a list of the games Cheat codes marked down i lost my old notepad file of them?

Hi!

There should be a complete list of cheats in part 5 of the walkthrough here (there's a LOT in there, and I'm not sure the item IDs completely align to what the walkthrough says, so I've made a few notes of my own after trying specific ones. Mostly on potions that I have tested and the like). It IS a docX file, if you need it in a different format let me know.

This should help though!

think i can get it not pad format
seth270
Participator

Postby Winny » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:12 pm

So I've got a question, I've been trying to get hiccups old Vgame mod working, and I've downloaded the 32 Jportable, then I delete the file you specified so it can reexport the file.

When I do try a re export it asks a bunch of things to attach to clip board, and makes a new file named exactly the same as the one I deleted, but the problem is then when I try to start the game now I get a java.land.nullpointerexception and the game never opens, removing the new Vgame.dat file and bringing back the original one lets me play fine, but hiccups mod will not work.

You said in the opening post about needing Jportable 32bit and set to read the Vdata.MDB file, how do I set Jportable 32bit to read the Vdata.MDB file to get the export to work correctly. (Also is Jportable 32bit an actual program because when downloaded and installed I don't see any application software.)
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:31 am

Winny wrote:So I've got a question, I've been trying to get hiccups old Vgame mod working, and I've downloaded the 32 Jportable, then I delete the file you specified so it can reexport the file.

When I do try a re export it asks a bunch of things to attach to clip board, and makes a new file named exactly the same as the one I deleted, but the problem is then when I try to start the game now I get a java.land.nullpointerexception and the game never opens, removing the new Vgame.dat file and bringing back the original one lets me play fine, but hiccups mod will not work.

You said in the opening post about needing Jportable 32bit and set to read the Vdata.MDB file, how do I set Jportable 32bit to read the Vdata.MDB file to get the export to work correctly. (Also is Jportable 32bit an actual program because when downloaded and installed I don't see any application software.)

You don't set jportable7 to do anything, but you need to make sure that you're running through the jportable7 VM. If you're just double clicking the jar file, then it's probably going to run through whatever you have installed on your system, and that won't be able to load the mdb files. You'll need to run the game through a batch file or from the command line and specifically use the java.exe from the jportable directory to start it.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Winny » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:21 am

And how do I run it from a command line? Sorry programing from java isn't my fortay. >.<
Winny
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:02 pm

Winny wrote:And how do I run it from a command line? Sorry programing from java isn't my fortay. >.<

This doesn't have anything to do with programming. The command line is a tool you can use to interact with your computer using text commands. How exactly to do that depends on your local system and where you have things installed, and I'm not going to cover every possible setup or walk you through your specific one here. Assuming you're on some flavor of windows and have your jportable7 directory in the in the directory with the game, the actual command is going to look something like:

Code: Select all
jportable7\java.exe -jar vgame.jar

But you'll have to figure out the rest for yourself.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ArtaxIsSleeping » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:20 pm

So I started playing this recently, and I'm noticing some strange behavior. My character is currently level 19, but for some reason I'm finding it harder and harder to eat enemies? I'm not just talking about the encounters getting harder, I can go back to the starting town, get a level 3 enemy down to <10% health, and just spam the "Eat" button for ages with no effect. If I load my older saves, the same enemy at the same health is an instant vore success, when I'm at level 5. What gives? Is this a bug? Am I doing leveling wrong somehow?

TL;DR: My character has more trouble eating the same enemy in the same area at level 19 than at level 5.
ArtaxIsSleeping
New to the forum

Postby Vizix » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:34 pm

ArtaxIsSleeping wrote:So I started playing this recently, and I'm noticing some strange behavior. My character is currently level 19, but for some reason I'm finding it harder and harder to eat enemies? I'm not just talking about the encounters getting harder, I can go back to the starting town, get a level 3 enemy down to <10% health, and just spam the "Eat" button for ages with no effect. If I load my older saves, the same enemy at the same health is an instant vore success, when I'm at level 5. What gives? Is this a bug? Am I doing leveling wrong somehow?

TL;DR: My character has more trouble eating the same enemy in the same area at level 19 than at level 5.

Is your food counter pretty high? The higher your food (below your health in the bottom right) the harder it is to eat enemies. Sometimes you have to run some food off or just not eat anyone for a while.
Vizix
Participator

Postby ArtaxIsSleeping » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:56 am

lolcp123 wrote:
ArtaxIsSleeping wrote:So I started playing this recently, and I'm noticing some strange behavior. My character is currently level 19, but for some reason I'm finding it harder and harder to eat enemies? I'm not just talking about the encounters getting harder, I can go back to the starting town, get a level 3 enemy down to <10% health, and just spam the "Eat" button for ages with no effect. If I load my older saves, the same enemy at the same health is an instant vore success, when I'm at level 5. What gives? Is this a bug? Am I doing leveling wrong somehow?

Is your food counter pretty high? The higher your food (below your health in the bottom right) the harder it is to eat enemies. Sometimes you have to run some food off or just not eat anyone for a while.

That might be it, thanks.
ArtaxIsSleeping
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Fri Sep 18, 2020 6:27 pm

ArtaxIsSleeping wrote:
lolcp123 wrote:Is your food counter pretty high? The higher your food (below your health in the bottom right) the harder it is to eat enemies. Sometimes you have to run some food off or just not eat anyone for a while.

That might be it, thanks.

There are items in the game that increase your 'hunger' stat. That will make your food tick down faster so you can eat enemies more often, but on the other hand you'll have to eat more often in general.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game