Modded VGame client (10/19/2023 - v1.1.3)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Modded VGame client (8/3/2017 - v1.1.3)

Postby calin22 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:14 pm

TF2ScoutGod wrote:I finally got it to work. Had to unzip everything in order expect for mod the test it. Apparently it was me not change the excution for the .jar in the properties

Can you explain more clearly what you did? I'm also getting all the BaseDonnee errors. My vgame is already a .jar file, and the game does eventually launch, but it's basically just a blank ui ^^; (can't load/start/etc.)
EAT ME, FIGHT ME, GIVE ME A HUG!!!
calin22
Somewhat familiar

Postby quicks » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:43 pm

Seriously! I played this in 2006 (?) and it was awesome. Every laptop ive had since cant run it properly and ive spend a dozen hours trying to get it to run with the patch files and comments here. I'd love someone to make a turnkey downloadable file to just download and play.
quicks
Catastrophe's Posterchild

Postby Seifens » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:12 am

@calin22
You typically get BaseDonnee errors when the game is trying to read from one of the mdb files. This happens if you're running test2.jar or run.bat or anything other than vgame.jar. It can _also_ happen if for some reason you don't have vgame.dat in the same directory with vgame.jar. The game needs to find the dat file or it will attempt to rebuild it, which reads from the database and will cause problems if your environment isn't set up correctly.

@quicks
It's certainly possible to put together an all in one package. Though I would hesitate to distribute it without permission from everyone whose work you're packaging up. It's one of the main reasons I never put anything like that together. The other issue is hosting. The total size of a zip with everything in it is just under 600 megs which is over the limit for uploads here (or at least that was the reason when Krishna3ca started releasing the chapters separately after 4), and would need to be kept on top of if you put it somewhere like Mega where the links randomly expire or content gets purged.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aickavon12 » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:26 pm

having trouble downloading the second chapter :\ is anyone else having this issue?
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby Seifens » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:49 am

Aickavon12 wrote:having trouble downloading the second chapter :\ is anyone else having this issue?

Chapters 1 through 4 are packaged together in the vore downloads section - you shouldn't need to download the second chapter individually.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Giantesslover1515 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 6:19 am

HELP
Anyone knows how to fix a map not loading in. In Saint-Gorgotin the elf town. I can not enter the door left of the weapon seller's door. Everytime I enter it it says
Error executing script on line 0:
ChangeMap(244,15,1))
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "1)"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
at ScriptInterface.ChangeMap(ScriptInterface.java:514)
at ProcessedScript$ScriptLine.invoke(ProcessedScript.java:42)
at ProcessedScript.execute(ProcessedScript.java:115)
at FenetreTest.executeScript(FenetreTest.java:4458)
at FenetreTest.executeScript(FenetreTest.java:4437)
at FenetreTest.executeScript(FenetreTest.java:4416)
at FenetreTest.executeScriptTilt(FenetreTest.java:2958)
at FenetreTest.doMove(FenetreTest.java:3424)
at FenetreTest.walkTo(FenetreTest.java:3907)
at FenetreTest.mouseReleased(FenetreTest.java:4126)
at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Giantesslover1515
New to the forum

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:50 am

pardon me, seifens, but where are the tables of things in the game (such as bonuses), and how can i read them? i'm messing around with script commands and i've already figured out how to recruit a few dialogueless elfs to my party, but what i'd really like is to modify the acid resistance and the vdifficulty of my whole cohort so that anything eaten is unable to escape without a full tour, but also we're unlikely to be digested if, for instance, i need to "push" my companions out of the way
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:56 am

Slayerhero90 wrote:where are the tables of things in the game (such as bonuses) ... what i'd really like is to modify the acid resistance and the vdifficulty of my whole cohort

That data is stored in vgame.dat, which is an encoded binary file and not editable by hand. Originally they existed in the vdata.mdb database, but that database is no longer read from, so changes there will not affect anything in game. However, you can still open it and use it to look up ids and such.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:01 am

problem is, when i open it in notepad or notepad++ to look at it, i can't even read it. is there a program that would open it for reading?
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:17 pm

Slayerhero90 wrote:problem is, when i open it in notepad or notepad++ to look at it, i can't even read it. is there a program that would open it for reading?

MDB is a binary database format. You need a program that can open mdb files. I'm not sure what you would use for it now as I haven't needed to do so for a while, but it's the native format for Microsoft Access. There may also be open source programs to do it but I can't really help with any of that.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Slayerhero90 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:43 pm

alright, well, thanks for popping in to help me where you could!
Slayerhero90
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Leika » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:30 am

Thanks for making this. I haven't been able to play Vgame in years because it would give me a million error windows when I tried to open it, but this fixed it right up. Just so I'm certain, is Hiccup's mod pretty much unusable now? I heard that it only went up to a certain chapter in the game and later content may have broken it, and then the newer versions of Java possibly broke it further, but it's hard to find any information about it now. Does anyone even have a record of what the mod added to the game, so I know what I'm missing? All I remember is the pig girl that would unbirth you and make you her piglet.
Leika
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:44 pm

Leika wrote:Thanks for making this. I haven't been able to play Vgame in years because it would give me a million error windows when I tried to open it, but this fixed it right up. Just so I'm certain, is Hiccup's mod pretty much unusable now? I heard that it only went up to a certain chapter in the game and later content may have broken it, and then the newer versions of Java possibly broke it further, but it's hard to find any information about it now. Does anyone even have a record of what the mod added to the game, so I know what I'm missing? All I remember is the pig girl that would unbirth you and make you her piglet.

Thanks! It's good to know people are still getting some use out of it. I've been thinking more about it lately, myself.

As far as hiccup's mod, somewhere in this thread is a vgame.dat for chapter 7 with hiccup's content integrated. It was provided in an extremely unsupported way, but if you can get it to work more power to you.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NomadicMuse » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:53 pm

Been having a blast trying to get this game back on my pc, got hiccups mod working, and the modded client. Only trouble i'm having is getting visible chapter 2 sprites, i've only downloaded up to chapter 5 so far, but have overwritten over every chapter and still can't get the traveling merchant or nash or any of the chapter 2 sprites to show up, do I need all 7 and the updates to see sprites? Or do the updates have their own setup you need to unzip a certain way o:
NomadicMuse
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:22 am

NomadicMuse wrote:Been having a blast trying to get this game back on my pc, got hiccups mod working, and the modded client. Only trouble i'm having is getting visible chapter 2 sprites, i've only downloaded up to chapter 5 so far, but have overwritten over every chapter and still can't get the traveling merchant or nash or any of the chapter 2 sprites to show up, do I need all 7 and the updates to see sprites? Or do the updates have their own setup you need to unzip a certain way o:

Follow the instructions on the first post in this thread to install the game. Missing graphics mean something wasn't installed correctly and isn't where the game thinks it should be, and since the database that comes with my mod is for chapter 7, you need to install all the chapters. It's possible the image reference got changed at some point for an art update or an installation step was missed or something like that.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NomadicMuse » Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:14 am

I've installed all the way up to 7 before and i've gotten the same. Do the updates inside chapters 5, 6, and 7 have to be installed in a special way too? Or just stacked on top of each other like the usual? That should be my only issue then if that's the case.
NomadicMuse
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:12 am

NomadicMuse wrote:I've installed all the way up to 7 before and i've gotten the same. Do the updates inside chapters 5, 6, and 7 have to be installed in a special way too? Or just stacked on top of each other like the usual? That should be my only issue then if that's the case.

It should be the same for all the chapters, except where otherwise noted in the instructions on the first post. The art assets for npcs/monsters should all be in the 'final' directory, so if there's someone specific you're not seeing you can make sure the files are in there (named npcs generally use similarly named image files), or figure out where they are which might give you some clue as to what went wrong.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NomadicMuse » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:24 am

Man, I put in all the chapters, did the mod and hiccups, everything boots up nicely and plays nice with no errors. But as soon as I cross past the gate into chapter 2, no traveling merchant or nash. I even took the final 2 folder and put it in final 1, but still no fix. I even got a few of the chapter two sprites I wasn't getting before, but it seems a few enemies and human npcs still don't want to show (ogresses, wolves and faerie hunters). So that's a slight narrowing down but still not what i'm looking for. After a peruse of the files, nash is there, along with the ogress and wolves, but they're in a second production folder behind the first one. Could that be why they're not being read? Do I need to pull them out of a previous folder and into the final of the first production area?
NomadicMuse
New to the forum

Postby NomadicMuse » Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:28 am

Or could it be the old files from the old hiccups mod, I downloaded both and used the assets inside the old one to replace some stuff in the final. Should I only be using one, or both? Cause the new one in the thread here works great, but I don't know if it has the art assets in them.
NomadicMuse
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:57 pm

NomadicMuse wrote:Do I need to pull them out of a previous folder and into the final of the first production area?

This. You should only have one production folder and all the game files go into there.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game