Modded VGame client (10/19/2023 - v1.1.3)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Modded VGame client (10/19/2023 - v1.1.3)

Postby Seifens » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:00 am

So long story short, after Krishna3ca uploaded the source for VGame I felt compelled to put on my white hat and start hacking. First off I'd like to thank Krishna3ca for making the original VGame, then topping that by making the source available, and finally for proofing my first few versions/concepts and giving me permission to make this generally available. Second, I'd like to thank everyone who's contributed directly or indirectly to this project by providing feedback or pointing out bugs. My test time was pretty limited, so some nasty issues would undoubtedly have slipped by were it not for their help.

Project:
I've made a wide range of cosmetic changes to the interface, but the engine underneath is still basically the same. Note that save files will not carry over, nor will any mdb mods you've installed. To use the client, just grab the attached .zip file, unzip it and drop vgame.jar and vgame.dat into your Production directory, then double-click it to start the game.

Screenshot! :-D
ss_mainwindow.png

Update 10/19/23:
There are no changes to the game this time. The latest version of the game is still 7, and the latest version of the mod is still 1.1.3. Instead, for this update I have created an automated installer batch file that handles the fiddly bits of making sure that things get put in the right places and that files are where they belong. It also adds a new start.bat launcher file that should make running the game much easier for people that have had trouble with that. Please note that these are both windows specific features, so if you're on mac or linux, I can't really help you there as I don't have any way to test things like that. But if some enterprising individual wants to write one for either of those platforms, I'd be happy to add it to the zip file below.

Disclaimer:
This mod is not compatible with old saved games, and will require you to start a new game in order to use it. Additionally if you go back to the original client, the saved games you create with this one will not be visible.

Installation:
If you are on windows, I have created a streamlined installer batch file that should make this all super easy. Download it below, then follow the instructions in the included readme.txt. I recommend you use this method if possible as it is specifically designed to avoid most of the hitches that people have historically encountered. Please let me know if there are any issues. It works pretty well on my machine, which I think means it'll work for anyone running windows 10 at least, but I don't have any way of doing any large scale testing on my own so won't know if there's something wrong unless you tell me.
installer.zip
(5.68 KiB) Downloaded 315 times

If you are not on windows or want to refer to the old installation instructions, they are here:
Spoiler: show
This has come up a lot over the years, so here are some detailed installation instructions for VGame and this mod.
1) Go to the downloads area here on Eka's Portal.
2) Download the four vgame chapter packages (1-4, 5, 6, and 7), as well as the latest version of my mod either from there or down below.
3) Unzip the chapters in order (1-4, then 5, then 6, finally 7) into the same directory, overwriting files with the same name.

At this point you should have a directory called 'production' with a bunch of subdirectories in it. If there is a subdirectory named final2, take its contents and move them into the directory named final.

4) Unzip my mod into the production directory. This will add files named vgame.jar and vgame.dat. You may need to overwrite an existing vgame.jar, as an older version of my mod was included with the game at one point.
5) Double click vgame.jar to start the game.

Troubleshooting:
Some of the common issues that come up when people try using VGame or this mod.

Game won't start - Java must be installed and configured to run executable jar files. Ensure you have correctly installed java 1.8 or later and that the default action for jar files in your operating system is to run them as executables. You'll have to figure this out on your own, as instructions will vary depending on your system and configuration. But in general the default installation options for the current version of java should get you what you need. Other errors may occur if jar files are not set to always open with java.exe, so if you do have to configure jar files to open with java.exe, ensure that you check 'always use this program to open these kinds of files' while doing so.

Missing graphics/sounds - This is a mod, and requires the assets from the original VGame to run. Follow the installation instructions above to ensure you have the game and all of its parts.

Error spam, with mention of MDB/DAT files or ODBC drivers - The original game doesn't support newer versions of java or newer operating systems. My mod fixes these and other problems. Be sure you're running the mod and not the original game. e.g., make sure you're double clicking on vgame.jar to start the game, not run.bat, test2.jar, or any of the other files that are in the production directory. Also be sure that vgame.dat is present in your production directory alongside vgame.jar when starting the game. If vgame.dat is missing, running the game will try to rebuild it from the existing mdb files, which will cause all sorts of errors if you're not set up to do so.

Other mods aren't working - As of v1.1.0, the game data's format has been changed. This means that mods to VData.mdb won't work until they are re-exported. This can be done by the maintainer of the mod or by individual users by renaming or deleting vgame.dat and running vgame.jar. This will cause the engine to attempt to re-export the existing VData.mdb. However in order for this to work you have to be set up to read the mdb files, which means running with 32 bit jportable7 or some other java backwards compatibility.

I found a bug in the game - This game is no longer being updated. I did not write the original game, haven't touched this mod in the last several years, and Krishna3ca has not made any updates since chapter 7 came out. It's best to assume that new bugs will not be fixed at this point.

Files:
The current version is 1.1.3 (Uploaded 8/3/2017) and can be obtained here, or in the Vore Downloads section:
seifens_vgame_v1.1.3.zip
(949.1 KiB) Downloaded 4614 times

In the spirit of Krishna3ca's original release, I'm also releasing the source code. This includes all of the icons, and the scripts I used to pack the .jar file, which may or may not work out of the box on your machine. The source is officially unsupported - you're on your own as far as getting it to work - but if there are any simple questions let me know, and I'll probably try and answer them.
seifens_vgame_v1.1.3_source.zip
(160.62 KiB) Downloaded 769 times

So enjoy, and let me know what you think!

The most up to date version that still uses the old data format is 1.04, and I'm leaving it up for legacy support purposes. Though it's no longer the active version, differences between it and the newer stuff should be minimal with the exception of the odbc dependencies in 1.04:
seifens_vgame_1.04.zip
(233.29 KiB) Downloaded 1277 times

seifens_vgame_1.04_source.zip
(154.14 KiB) Downloaded 704 times

Change History:
Spoiler: show
Version 1.1.3
Bugfixes
Certain scripts which were failing to parse are now correctly parsed

Version 1.1.2
Bugfixes
Bonuses will now correctly load from save files.

Script Commands/Cheats
AddStats[Source|Target]( str, dex, end, int, chr ) - Directly modifies the player's, source's, or target's stats by adding the numbers provided.
ExpireAllBonuses[Source|Target]() - Cause all active bonuses on the player, source, or target to expire immediately.

Version 1.1.1
Bugfixes
Script preprocessor will now ignore commands it can't parse.

Version 1.1.0
Database
Removed dependency on MDB databases for game data and save files.
Game data is now stored in vgame.dat, alongside vgame.jar.
Broke saved games into separate files that go into a Save directory.
Added config file to store global game settings (mute/speed/etc) between sessions.

Bugfixes
Items and spells should now remember their custom orderings on reload.

Version 1.04
Status Cards
Added vore and combat stat display to all creature cards.

Bugfixes
Fixed a crash due to database handles being left open indefinitely.

Version 1.03
Main window
Implemented event script caching for a very noticable speed boost in certain circumstances.

Bugfixes
Corrected an issue where targets would sometimes be wrong when firing events from dialog windows.
Fixed a problem that can happen when high level characters run low on food.
Tweaked auto-walk to recognize and ignore certain types of ambient scripts, such as those in the Desert of Hunger.

Version 1.02
Bugfixes
Corrected certain item bonuses not being correctly removed under some circumstances.

Version 1.01 Finaler
Updates
Added some script commands required for Chapter 7 (Thanks, Krishna3ca!).

Version 1.0 Final:
No changes from prior version (reissue only)

Version 0.10:
Main window
Added 'talk' interaction to target window when friendlies are targetted.
Implemented basic map cursor which indicates where the mouse is pointing at on the game area
Selecting target in target window will mark it in the game panel
Auto-walk will now find paths around obstacles 8O
Auto-walk will now trigger interaction (talk/attack/eat) with npcs
Auto-walk will trigger script events more reliably (particularly map edge exits)
Clicking talk/attack/eat in target window will now auto-walk to selected target

Info cards
Info cards will now stay on top of the main window even when the main window has focus
Info cards will automatically hide when the app loses focus (they come back, no worries)

Other
Added tooltips to a fair number of items to better explain some of the icons, etc

Version 0.9:
Main window
Added shortcuts for 'previous spell/item/target' (same as 'next', but hold shift)
Added 'exit' in file menu (same as closing the window manually)
Added menu item to close all open info windows

Dialogs
Reworked level-up dialog to be a bit more celebratory and informative
Revamped all info dialogs for better readability
Info dialogs will now update their contents over time while open

Other
Error dialog should present for almost all runtime errors now, if any occur

Bugfixes
Fixed issue where quicksave shortcut (ctrl-s) occasionally wouldn't work
Fixed 'next spell/item/target' and 'target info' shortcut keys
Fixed unlikely issue stemming from gaining more than one level simultaneously
Fixed some cases where info windows would stay open past their items' removal
Hopefully fixed issue where movement controls would stop working when move panel is hidden

Version 0.8:
Main Window
Added icons for reorder/sort buttons
Added damage warnings for your current armor/weapon to the Events panel
New effect when inventory/spellbook are disabled
Moved top-bar commands into a proper menu
Added option to hide 'move' panel (keys still function as normal)
Added option to disable programatic scat content

Dialog window
Improved responsiveness of choice links
Slight increase to size of link text

Info windows
Revamped info windows into 'card' format (spell, item, target)
Prevented multiple windows from opening for a single object
Automatically close info windows when corresponding game object goes away

Bugfixes
Fixed issue where selection would be cleared when resorting inventory/spellbook
Fixed possible instantiation error when a creature has no attacks
Fix for hyperlinks in dialogue boxes being finicky about how they get clicked

Version 0.7:
Main Window
Reduced maximum speed factor to 4 but tripled the effect (new 4 == old 10)

Character Panel
Added 'time' display showing the day/night cycle.

Gameplay
Added 'auto-walk' feature: Click to walk to a spot on the map, hold shift or the right mouse button to ignore attacks

Dialog window
Restored original vertical format
Moved window to right hand side (should overlap less of the gameplay area now)
Reformatted choices to be clickable links in the text body instead of a list/button

Error Dialog
Reformatted error dialog to eliminate the 'tower of babble' effect and allow copy/paste of full error text

Bugfixes
Fixed behavior of main screen buttons in some cases ('speed' would struggle if eaten, etc)
Fixed potential graphical glitch when restrictions cause clipping of IconBar members.

Version 0.6:
Main Window
Increased maximum speed factor to 10

Character Panel
Added graphical (progress bar) display of xp, hp, mp
Added primary stat display (str, dex, etc)
Added icons for each displayed stat
Added display of how many rounds your current food supply will last given your current hunger

Target Panel
Display HP of each target in a bar behind the name (experimental)
Eaten targets now use a red background instead of red text

Bugfixes
Fixed nested target issue (again), and learned not to question the original code (again)
Fixed a minor graphical glitch that could cause tearing at the top of the gameplay window

Version 0.5:
Main window
Re-enabled ordering controls for inventory/spell lists
Added 'sort' button to bottom of ordering controls for inventory/spell lists
Implemented item stacking for potions, usables, and food
Changed unusable/eaten color to make it more visible against selection background
Widened the right-side bar slightly to accomodate stack counts and longer item names

Load/Save
Revamped load/save screens
Added 'manage' screen for managing save data

Bugfixes
Fixed minor issue with large maps that would clip below the 'bottom' of the game area
Fixed occasional slowdown when executing certain scripts
Fixed crash when certain enemies enter certain states they don't have graphics for
Fixed anal/unbirthing vore issue with nested targets

Version 0.4:
Main window
Removed manual re-ordering buttons from inventory/spell list
Inventory/target/spell lists are now sorted
- Inventory is sorted by type and level requirement, and duplicate items are grouped
- Spells are organized into hostile/friendly, and sorted by cost
- Targets are sorted by type (player, allies, hostiles, neutrals), and by level within each type
Added context coloring for items in inventory/target/spell lists
-New items in inventory/spell lists will have a yellow background (goes away when clicked)
-Equipped items in inventory are now colored blue with a light gray background (easier to spot)
-Unusable items/spells, and targets which have been eaten are light gray
Auto-target the character/enemy you interact directly with (talk or attack via move keys)
Smarter selection of new targets when the old one goes away
Double clicking in the inventory list will use the selected item
Double clicking in the spellbook will cast the selected spell
Double clicking in the target list will open the info window for the selected target
Minor visual changes

Gameplay
Reduced frequency of 'random' walks for NPCs with nowhere to go.

Bugfixes
Fixed z-ordering of map props added during gameplay
Fixed z-ordering of map props with mobiles (like characters)
Eliminated flicker once and for all

Version 0.3:
Main window
Added HP display to target list (temporary)

Fixes
Fixed error when saving new characters.
Fixed bug where the level-up dialog wouldn't show when player gained a level, and new stat would be auto-assigned.
Fixed issue where Quickload and several other buttons that should work stop working once the player is dead.

Version 0.2:
Main window
Fixed value calculation on 'sell' button to properly display sell value
Added 'Quick Save' and 'Quick Load' buttons to menu bar
Green flag icon for 'allied' targets (Tara, etc, when grouped)
Ensure that at at least one target, spell, and item are selected if any are available.
Prevent casting hostile spells/using hostile items on friendly targets while the safety is on.

Other windows
Made most dialogs non-modal (fixes some issues, including jail loop)
Allowed multiple inventory/target/spell dialogs on screen simultaneously

Other changes
Dramatically improved speed of 'save', 'load', and 'change map' operations

Version 0.1
Reworked main screen
Window may now be resized
Organized drop down boxes into unfolded lists to make for easier browsing
Integrated 'move up/down' controls into the inventory and spellbook lists on the main page
Display icons for items by type to make it easier to find what you're looking for
Equipped items will have their name in parenthesis
Display icons for spells - blue for 'friendly', red for 'hostile'.
Added MP cost to spell names in main list
Display icons for targets - Green banner is you, red and white flags are hostile and friendly npcs, respectively
Display level for each target in list
Integrated explicit 'Remove' command (replaces equip/use) for equipped items
More detailed character status display in lower-right corner
Moved event messages into a scrolling list box
Added speed change button which also displays the current speed setting
Added checkbox to mute the game.

Reworked 'dialog' window
Window may now be resized
Choices displayed in unfolded list
Text and choices displayed to the right of the image.

Other misc changes
Reversed sort in saved games list so the most recently saved games appear at the top.
Last edited by Seifens on Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:17 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Modded Vgame client

Postby Throku » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:13 am

Wow!
Looks friggin' awesome!
These changes are great, I guess the saves with the newest one first is the most useful, but the others really improve things too ;)
Haven't had time to play areond much yet seeing as you just posted this and all ;) but it sure looks great!

Thanks!
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby justaname333 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:45 am

I've only played a little with it, and it seems that quite a few items won't work when used, bottled snack was one example. The game window sometimes has the annoying habit of staying in focus over all the other programs. And things that happen in events (such as things getting eaten.) don't occur until the entire event is over, for example if the player is eaten in the middle of the conversation, it only happens at the very end. Also, adjusting it so the conversation window doesn't cover the main game window would be appreciated.

Everything seems to be good for what I've checked so far though, hope all the issues can be ironed out.
justaname333
Participator

Postby Seifens » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:08 pm

@throku
From the king of vrpg mods, this is high praise. :-D

@justaname333
Good finds. Yah, it seems some items when used require that there is a currently selected target, even though the script doesn't ever reference the target. The combo boxes in the original engine guaranteed that there was always one target selected... I guess making the same assurance on my end wouldn't be a bad idea. Actually, I had come across a strange loop case in the jail scene that could be the result of this as well... I"ll have to take another look at that, too.

The focus thing is a bit annoying... I've seen it myself too on occasion. I made all the sub-windows into modal dialogs, which means they should pop to the front of the app at all times, but on occasion it seems they don't. What I was trying to prevent was situations where you could open like six or seven copies of an inventory window or the player stat dialog and press buttons in any one of them. Delays in the event execution is also a result of the modality. I had been under the impression that a modal dialog stole focus from the parent window, but nothing else. Apparently it also keeps it from updating visually. I didn't think it was a big deal, but you're right - there are some events where the player is eaten then spit out before they end, and those wouldn't play as well. I'll have to find a more elegant way to enforce the interaction restrictions.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Throku » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:14 pm

Thanks ^^ I hope there's be some sort of Isharan revival...I can't even get the VRPG to run anymore but I really liked the freedom of that game, strangley it wasn't just first it was the most free optioned game, perfect for modding. Krishna3ca said something about having plans for a game with similar freedom of movement and even more freedom when it comes to moding...so I'm really hoping he's able to get to that.

Yeah the window thing is a tad annoying, I like to open several subwindows too, particularly when I'm comparing stuff, like weapons or characters. I don't seem to be able to do that now,
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Hiccup » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:51 am

This is great! I haven't had the chance to play through the entire game to test everything yet, but so far this seems compatible with the mod I made. I wanted to change the interface with my mod, but I had no idea how to do it, so I had to abandon that idea. Nice job : )

I have a few suggestions for other changes to the interface.

I always thought that it was annoying to have to click the "info" button every time I wanted to find out how much HP an enemy had left. To fix it, I suggest adding a place on the interface that automatically shows your target's HP.

Another change would be adding a place on the interface that tells you whether it is currently day or night. That way you don't have to target your character and click "info" to find out.

Other than that, the only problem that I've seen so far is window focus issue and that if you get swallowed in the middle of a conversation it won't show until the conversation is over.
Hiccup
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:28 pm

@throku
I don't want to get too far off topic, but yeah... I did a mod for vrpg too, adding Diablo-style waypoints to all the towns. Duamutef later told me it was the inspiration for the hearthstone things, but that was pretty trivial to do at the time. It'd be nice to see something new built like that come down the pike.

Anyway, I'd honestly never considered using the windows to compare things, so that's a great point. I'll see what I can do about allowing multiple info windows to open simultaneously. It should be less error prone now that they're not interactive. Previous issues stemmed from being able to open an info window, sell the item/kill the target/change maps, and have the window persist, but I think I have a nice solution to this.

@hiccup
Thanks! Those are good ideas, and actually I think I have something like them on my to-do list already. Particularly target data is something I'm trying to improve on - I'm already displaying allegiance and level, and HP is the next logical 'must have' stat.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Liz » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:28 am

I like the new set up it does make it easier to use.

Well done :D
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Re: Modded Vgame client (Updated! 1/21 - v0.2)

Postby Seifens » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:15 am

Just put up a new version (check the first post) - v0.2

Most dialogs are no longer modal, meaning you can open multiple windows for comparison. Also events continue to play behind the main dialog window (though it is still in the way... working on that).

But the most noticeable change will be the load/save speed. I made some tweaks to the database access code and it now runs much faster. Save is almost instantaneous, load takes a fraction of the time it used to, and changing from map to map as you move around is significantly faster as well.

Hopefully my next update will have more toys in it, but I really should start going to bed before 3am. 8O
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wsensor » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:25 am

Oh could you add in a clock XD (I would love to see the time of day lol)
Also could you make the message area bigger for exp/items/cash recieved.
wsensor
Somewhat familiar

Postby justaname333 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:02 am

It seems that trying to save from a new game wipes out the save file instead, rendering it unusable until you start up the original test2.jar and make a new save from that.

Other than that, the only issues I have is that the sprites blink whenever turns are taken, the background is a different color than the normal client, the conversation window covers up the game screen, and the main window's focus issues.

If work continues on this, I can see it replacing the old client entirely. (Hopefully it will remain compatible with whatever engine changes may come with chapter 6.) Keep up the good work!

Edit: Big issue, instead of choosing which stat to put an extra point to when leveling up, this client decides on it's own, very annoying for people who want to build a character a certain way.
justaname333
Participator

Postby Seifens » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:16 pm

@wsensor
That's two requests for a clock. Luckily it's already on my list. :-D As for the message area, it's tricky striking a balance between that and the target list (some targets have long names). Do you mean taller, or wider? If you need it wider, you can increase the size of the window (monitor permitting), and it will scale, though at the default size I don't recall any messages running over. If taller, then remember that you can scroll the list back to look at older entries.

@justaname333
Thanks, man, but woah... How'd I miss both of those? :? Awesome finds. I've already got the new game save issue fixed, but I have no idea where the level up one is coming from - I haven't even touched that code yet. I'll need some time to look into it, but now I have to get to work. Look for another version this weekend with the fixes.

Also re: compatibility with chapter 6, when I told Krishna3ca about this, he gave me some updates to the chapter 5 code which I've integrated already. He's serious about not wanting to update the engine any more, but if he does, he knows about this project so hopefully he'll share. As long as that's the case, you should be able to use either client for chapter 6 as well. :-D
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby wsensor » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:24 pm

Oh for the target list could you make it select the next one above the target if the target dies? (Like how it originally selected it.)
I love how it looks though.
Too bad you can't seperate the inventory into types (or if you could could you put a tab section in that shows weapons - armors - foods - scrolls - and permanent non sell-able items lol.
than it would be nice and easy lol.

Could you modify how the stat system looks? [plus] and [minus] signs? (and then a ok button.) If you level up more than once (through cheating is the only way of course) it should put all that information in and let you put out the stats and then press ok to Finalize the stat output. (maybe allow it to leave stats empty - but able to click a level up button that lets you finish stat placing later)

This engine mod is nice and your fixes really did make it run faster/save a ton faster/load a ton faster.
wsensor
Somewhat familiar

Postby GoddessViolet » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:08 pm

D:

I downloaded the new version and I can't seem to run it, since when I start it up it gives me an assload of ERROR: messages in dialogue boxes. WTFZORS?
GoddessViolet
Been posting for a bit

Postby Seifens » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:44 am

I found level-up issue and the new save issue, so both should be in my next update either tomorrow or Sunday. Hopefully people won't gain too many levels by then. :oops:

@wsensor
Actually, you'd be surprised what you can do with the source code. :-D I haven't gotten to windows other than the main window and the chat dialog yet, but I have plans for just about everything.

@GoddessViolet
Could you relay at least the first few lines of one of them? The first three or four lines should tell me what went wrong and where. Unfortunately there's no way to copy/paste it, but I shouldn't need much.

For starters, though, make sure vgame.jar is in the Production directory with the two .mdb files (vsave and vdata). Also, make sure you're fully up to date with the chapter 5 databases, and that double-clicking test2.jar works as you'd expect. All I can think of is that you might have a database with an invalid format that the client can't read, or you could be running it from the wrong place. I'll need the specific error to narrow it down any further.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Throku » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:00 am

Seifens wrote:@GoddessViolet
Could you relay at least the first few lines of one of them? The first three or four lines should tell me what went wrong and where. Unfortunately there's no way to copy/paste it, but I shouldn't need much.

I just had to adress this, you can press "Alt" plus the "Print Screen" buttons at the same time, that'll save whats visible on your screen as a picture that yuo can save in any image editor, just press paste in paint or something and you'll get a picture you can send to Seifens.

(Haven't played much lately...so no real input, though I did wonder if it's possible to display stuff inside the scroll windows, like having the health of characters displayed next to their name in the target list? Example: "Tara (875/900)" )
Throku
May I take your order?

Postby Seifens » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:09 am

I didn't want to say paste an image. I'm not sure how hosting works, if she'd need to host it elsewhere... though I suppose it did let me upload my 200k zipped jar file. :lol:

But yeah, if it's easy, paste the image, that'd be awesome. :-D

Adding an HP display to the target list is possible, though not exactly what I wanted to do. There are some creatures with very long names and I don't know if even 9 characters like that would reliably fit at the default window size. But depending on how long it looks like it's going to take to get to some other things, I may put that in as a stop-gap measure just to have the feature around earlier than later.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nanakra » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:49 am

Seifens wrote:Adding an HP display to the target list is possible, though not exactly what I wanted to do. There are some creatures with very long names and I don't know if even 9 characters like that would reliably fit at the default window size. But depending on how long it looks like it's going to take to get to some other things, I may put that in as a stop-gap measure just to have the feature around earlier than later.

I was thinking about this myself. It would be great to have that info handy.
It might be possible to add a second panel, or some such that displays the vital info of your target.
Also few oddities I've noticed.
When you die, most of the buttons stop functioning and just move the npcs on the screen.
For example, the info buttons and the quick load buttons. I'm sure that I'm not the only one that likes to step through the aftermath of being digested with the info button.
On that note, it would be cool inf once an info window was opened, it would update it's contents if the character moves.
Also, I noticed that there is a keyboard short cut to open and info window, but not one to close it.
Would be useful to have it so that the short cut key acted as an on/off toggle.
Other feature requests? Well, probably nothing to do with coding, but it would rock if there were two little picture windows, one for the player and one for the target, kind of like Duams vrpg, and that it showed the stages of digestion. Probably not something that can be done completely on a coding level, but would be real hot.
Anyways, Keep up the great work! I love the improvements you've made!
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Modded Vgame client (Updated! 1/23 - v0.3)

Postby Seifens » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:05 pm

New version is up - v0.3. Just three fixes, the new character issue, the level up issue, and fixing quickload, etc when the player is dead. And I think the HP stuff might have snuck in there, too, what with all of you clamoring about it.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Modded Vgame client (Updated! 1/23 - v0.3)

Postby wsensor » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:28 pm

the screen is flickering when moving now.

not too bad but you can see it happen.
wsensor
Somewhat familiar

Next

Return to Vore game