Modded VGame client (10/19/2023 - v1.1.3)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Modded VGame client (1/26/16 - v1.1.2)

Postby Seifens » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:44 am

DarkRain wrote:How to edit VGame.dat ?

I assume you mean for modding? You can't directly, it's a packed binary. You can however edit vgame.mdb then re-export a new vgame.dat with your changes by renaming the original and running the game. Of course you'll have to be running an os/java version combination compatible with mdb files to do so.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarkRain » Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:06 am

Seifens wrote:
DarkRain wrote:How to edit VGame.dat ?

I assume you mean for modding? You can't directly, it's a packed binary. You can however edit vgame.mdb then re-export a new vgame.dat with your changes by renaming the original and running the game. Of course you'll have to be running an os/java version combination compatible with mdb files to do so.

I open mdb Access Office, later compile in .dat But it is not very convenient.
I wanted to put complex animations, but table "Caracter" in .mdb allows you to add only 10 sprites
Is it possible to add character animation, more than 500 sprites?
What am I doing wrong?
DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

Postby krishna3ca » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:02 am

Hi,

Except for the player sprite (which can also be modified, but something weird will happen with her armor/weapons), you can have a maximum of 999 sprites per animations. To do so, you have to change the NombreImage field related to the animation. This filed tell the game how many sprites the animation contain. Each sprites must then end with 001, 002, etc. and played in order (except for the unbirth and anal vore, which are sometimes played in reverse when the prey escape).

You can't easily create new types of animation (to do so, you need create a separate entry and polymorph the creature with it and then animate manually with some script).
krishna3ca
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby DarkRain » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:02 pm

krishna3ca wrote:Hi,

Except for the player sprite (which can also be modified, but something weird will happen with her armor/weapons), you can have a maximum of 999 sprites per animations. To do so, you have to change the NombreImage field related to the animation. This filed tell the game how many sprites the animation contain. Each sprites must then end with 001, 002, etc. and played in order (except for the unbirth and anal vore, which are sometimes played in reverse when the prey escape).

You can't easily create new types of animation (to do so, you need create a separate entry and polymorph the creature with it and then animate manually with some script).

Thx
Me need add more slots for sprite animation.
It is necessary to add a new column?
ImageNom11, ImageNom12,ImageNom13 etc ?

The more sprite, the better animation

DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

Postby krishna3ca » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:13 pm

Hi,

If you add column, you have to modify the source code of the engine to use them. Your other option is to polymorph the character, basically changing the sprites with a new one that have the animations that you need animate it manually with script commands. This is more an hack than a real solution. I believe I use it only once, to animate the external digestion of the player for the final boss of the game. This can be complicated to pull it off and there is probably limitation to it.
krishna3ca
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:47 pm

Well, the engine seems to be somewhat working for me, but not quite. Dialogue windows are still blank until I hit control + a to select everything, and while I gave it a test earlier it froze.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Krieg » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:38 pm

How can I modify my character stats? On windows XP I used to do this through the vSave idb but with the new save I can't do this neferious deed anymore. Is it entirely impossible or is there still a way?
Krieg
Participator

Postby DarkRain » Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:02 pm

krishna3ca wrote:Hi,

If you add column, you have to modify the source code of the engine to use them. Your other option is to polymorph the character, basically changing the sprites with a new one that have the animations that you need animate it manually with script commands. This is more an hack than a real solution. I believe I use it only once, to animate the external digestion of the player for the final boss of the game. This can be complicated to pull it off and there is probably limitation to it.

Thx, what for this columns?
Dung, Dung2, Pooping, Udung

As far as I understood, the need to write in the "dung" of the sprite number, of the "prop" table

How to make that the player had his own dung sprite?
For example game characters after death have id5 prop. A player after death has id6 prop ?
DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:32 am

DarkRain wrote:I open mdb Access Office, later compile in .dat But it is not very convenient.

Unfortunately I didn't think people really modded the game - Hiccup's mod was the only one I was aware of and that hadn't been updated since chapter 5, so modding wasn't a priority when I set up the .dat format. It was intended primarily intended to make the game compatible with new java/os versions without having to go through any sorts of legacy hoops to make it easier for people to pick up and play.

Krieg wrote:How can I modify my character stats? On windows XP I used to do this through the vSave idb but with the new save I can't do this neferious deed anymore. Is it entirely impossible or is there still a way?

The game comes with a built in cheat system in the 'extras' menu. It lets you do pretty much anything you want by calling arbitrary script commands. For example there's one called GiveExp(X), and whatever number you put in for X it will give you that much experience and the resulting levels/stats. There are plenty more as well. There should be a text file detailing all of them and what they do in the game's directory.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby krishna3ca » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:32 am

Hi,

For the poop sprite, a character always produce the same poop regardless of what or who she digests.

dung is the prop that the creature produce when pooping something that is alive.
dung2 is the prop that the creature produce when pooping something that were completely digested.
udung is the prop used for unbirth.
Pooping is the script that is called when the creature poop.

Unless something is changed, the player character use the first (and only entry) in the Player table.
krishna3ca
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Krieg » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:02 pm

Seifens wrote:The game comes with a built in cheat system in the 'extras' menu. It lets you do pretty much anything you want by calling arbitrary script commands. For example there's one called GiveExp(X), and whatever number you put in for X it will give you that much experience and the resulting levels/stats. There are plenty more as well. There should be a text file detailing all of them and what they do in the game's directory.

Honestly the only thing I want to change is make digestion resistance at 200 permanently. I went through the whole script list and the only thing I can think is 'Addbonus' but I don't know what the acid resist bonus id is.
Krieg
Participator

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:21 pm

THANK YOU Seifens! I can play VGame again!
Turbotowns
???

Postby Turbotowns » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:23 am

Oh hey, do know how I can deactivate a npc's conversation script? so that nothing happens when I run into them? like with a non-hostile monster.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Seifens » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:04 am

Glad to hear it's working for you!

As for the conversation scripts, all that is controlled in the game data which unfortunately isn't as straightforward to edit with the newest versions of this mod so I'm not sure there's a simple way to do what you want. One of the trade-offs for the improved compatibility. But maybe there's a way to get around it... Why exactly do you want to disable the interaction script for a particular npc?
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:40 am

Seifens wrote:Glad to hear it's working for you!

As for the conversation scripts, all that is controlled in the game data which unfortunately isn't as straightforward to edit with the newest versions of this mod so I'm not sure there's a simple way to do what you want. One of the trade-offs for the improved compatibility. But maybe there's a way to get around it... Why exactly do you want to disable the interaction script for a particular npc?

When I have a lot of them(or even just two) following me(using cheats, and they WEREN'T monsters before.) whenever I enter a screen from the left, one gets in the way and a conversation automatically starts up, but I'm still stuck on one of the spaces to go back to the screen I came from, so I have to use one of the directional buttons that lead to the left, problem is, it almost always bumps me into one of the npcs following me, until they get out of the way, which when there aren't any hostiles(like in a city), it's just from wandering, which could take forever fro them to get out of the way, it's worse when I'm leaving a building that's entrance is in the middle of the field.

Now they still get in the way just from me having a large party, but at least without conversations, I can keep pressing one of the left keys until I'm free, and NOT have to navigate a conversation EACH TIME.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Seifens » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:33 pm

Hmm, tricky. Unfortunately I don't know of a way to selectively remove interaction scripts from individual entities. Not sure what the best fix would be - is it possible for you to just use the 'wait' action until it's clear? It's the circle in the middle of the directional controls (or 5 on the numpad). You can also try clicking the ground to move. It should path around entities and avoid conversations and exit tiles and such. In the case that there's no way to get somewhere it should just do a wait, I think.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Turbotowns » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:56 am

Seifens wrote:Hmm, tricky. Unfortunately I don't know of a way to selectively remove interaction scripts from individual entities. Not sure what the best fix would be - is it possible for you to just use the 'wait' action until it's clear? It's the circle in the middle of the directional controls (or 5 on the numpad). You can also try clicking the ground to move. It should path around entities and avoid conversations and exit tiles and such. In the case that there's no way to get somewhere it should just do a wait, I think.

When I'm on the tile to go back to the previous screen(which is where I'm put) selecting the wait key that you described just takes me back to said prior screen, and I CAN"T click the screen to navigate out of there(for some reason, probably has something to do with the transition tile I'm on, might be something Krishna programmed)?.
Turbotowns
???

Postby Seifens » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:32 pm

Well, I wrote the click move and pathing stuff, so it'd be my code that goes off in those cases. I'm not sure why it's keeping you from pathing out of the exit area. It'll avoid squares with scripts on them like the screen exits, and squares with other entities on them like monsters or your npcs, though each might be taking up more than one square. I haven't looked at that code in a long time but based on what you said I'm guessing that if it can't find a path when you click it literally does nothing, rather than a wait. Which is probably fine - it sounds like doing a wait re-runs the script for the square you're standing on, which is why you're exiting the screen when you use it.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby LittleSofty » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:16 am

Are there any instructions anywhere on how to download VGame and this mod? I've downloaded and extracted everything and now I'm not sure what to do.
LittleSofty
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:36 pm

LittleSofty wrote:Are there any instructions anywhere on how to download VGame and this mod? I've downloaded and extracted everything and now I'm not sure what to do.

The first post has a link and brief instructions under the troubleshooting section. To run the game once installed you double click vgame.jar.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game