VGame on Windows 7

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Windows 7 VRPG help. So close! Yet so not fixed!

Postby Aces » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:16 pm

I just got my new Windows 7 up and running...

... I can't play my vore RPG. D: It's so frustrating.

After installing a shitload of DLL and OXC files, one to make the other work, and another to make the first work, I've FINALLY managed to reach the startup screen...
... But now the program is not responding. -__-

Actually, I got there ONCE. Now it's back to error 339. -___-

Any advice on the matter?
Last edited by Aces on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Windows 7 halp, VRPG

Postby Aleph-Null » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:23 pm

write down the error number.

It's probably an ActiveX runtime error 429. This usually means a component is not installed or damaged.

I haven't installed it on Win7 so I don't know if 7 will run it, but your install file could be corrupted or you are missing a VB component.

I got this error on XP after an un-install/re-install of DGVRPG. The fix was downloading the VB runtime package, but that was under XP. I assume 7 already has all that.
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:45 am

As far as I understand it VRPG is incompatible with windows Vista and 7. Personally I've not been able to get it to run on either OS.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Ranger » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:43 am

Have you tried changing its compatability?

Windows 7 and Vista allow you to run a program in compatability for a different Windows OS. If you've never done it before, there lemme walk you through it:

1. Find the .exe file for the game. Right-click it and open Properties.
2. Click the "Compatability" tab.
3. Check the option "Run in compatability mode for :"
4. Select the OS in the drop-down menu that is now selectable. Click OK and try running.

If it doesn;t work at first, try selecting a different OS. If this doesn't help then it may be because of a missing/broken file error like Aleph mentioned.
Ranger
---

Postby Aces » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:43 pm

Well, after installing Direct X for one of my games, I'm getting a different error.

DMC2.oxc is missing, apparently. Maybe I inadvertently solved the first problem.

I know I saw this DMC thing somewhere around here before... But I need an "offline" installer to do this right.

EDIT: Amanda's thread has the DMC downloader thing, but the link is dead. :\
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Erecant » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:09 am

Sorry, should've mentioned the compatability function. In the case of VRPG, as with many other programs, it does little to nothing, as the problem more often than not lies with modern Direct X's incompatability with many programs which utilized older versions of Direct X.

For all my bringing up issues I sadly do not have a working solution, suppose I'm not being overly helpful 'eh?
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Reaverbot » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:23 am

Windows 7 has broken all the games made using game maker on this site; it says they're missing windowskins blue01 or some crap like that.
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

VGame on Windows 7

Postby Aces » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:15 pm

I'm having some trouble making it run.

Frankly, I'm not even sure -how- to make it run. I clicked something called "test" and the game seems to start, but it's a blank screen...

I'm pretty sure I'm missing loads of files, Java-related stuff.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: VGame on Windows 7

Postby Seifens » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:03 pm

Generally the executable jar files seem pretty smart about how they run. But you may need to update your java runtime or something.

If you're running 64 bit you may have some issues if you try using run.bat, however I have no problems just double clicking test2.jar. 32 bit shouldn't have any problems with either method.

However, as a bit of a plug, I'm working on a client myself, and am developing it in windows 7, 64 bit, so I know it works.
http://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=21167

Hope something up there is helpful. :)
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby nanakra » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:24 pm

Yeah, use Seifens's mod.
It's a great front end.
I use it myself and it is a marked improvement over the original.
Also I'm running windows 7 x64 ultimate edition so I can tell you that it will work with no issues.
I seem to recall though, that you want to run the Test2.jar file to get it to run on Vista / Windows 7.
The run.bat if for windows XP an older I believe.
Also make sure you have the latest version of Java as well.
Where to find me - My Link Tree | Discord: Nanakra#6922

On the development team for: Predator's Coliseum An RPG Maker vore game
nanakra
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:11 pm

O_o I used the modded version, got a myriad of errors! Too many to even list!

... and the screen is still blank.

I can't figure out how to install this damn program properly. "run.bat" is nonexistent in my files.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Do ANY of the old vore games work on Windows 7?!

Postby Aces » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:23 pm

This is becoming extremely frustrating.

VGame has never worked for me on any computer. It just doesn't. I have never made it work right. I start the game, and the main screen is ALWAYS blank. I can't play.
VRPG no longer works because of "Runtime Error 429" which I have no blasted clue how to solve.

I know VRPG is fucked because the coding is bad and Duamutef is AWOL. However, many people claim they can get VGame to work. I've never played VGame because I can never get it to work.

Will someone please explain the installation process for VGame at least? Or give me an alternative game similar to VRPG or VGame?

Frankly I think I have the wrong files.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Do ANY of the old vore games work on Windows 7?!

Postby Halcyon » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:29 pm

Well, VRPG doesnt' work, and VGame works on Vista for me but apparantley not on 7...

Pretty much every other game works, just not those two v(O.o)v
Halcyon
???

Re: Do ANY of the old vore games work on Windows 7?!

Postby Reaverbot » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:55 pm

I posted this in another topic but i'll post again, since getting windows 7, every game maker game is giving me the same "missing windowskins blue01-001" error message. That's probably not exactly it, but something like that.
Reaverbot
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: Windows 7 VRPG help. So close! Yet so not fixed!

Postby Aces » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Christ... So much trouble... I'm so close, yet so far away.

I made it to the title screen. Now it's freezing on me. -_-
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Leika » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:48 am

Okay, I'm a little confused, since the title of the post mentions Vgame and then the post itself mentions VRPG... but in any case, I got Vgame to work on Windows 7 by just clicking on "test2.jar" instead of "run.bat". Not sure about VRPG, I haven't tried yet.
Leika
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:25 am

Not that easy when there's no "run.bat" file even in my folder.

I think I'm missing files for the game its self. I want to be sure that I have AT LEAST gotten the whole game.
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Leika » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:09 pm

I'm still completely unclear as to whether you're talking about Vgame or VRPG, but if it's Vgame, the only solution I can see is to trash it all and reinstall the chapters in the proper order using the files available in the download section of Eka's. If you're missing some files, they either got deleted by accident or you did something like installing chapter 5 without installing the previous chapters, which are required to make the game run.
Leika
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Aces » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:09 am

Leika wrote:I'm still completely unclear as to whether you're talking about Vgame or VRPG, but if it's Vgame, the only solution I can see is to trash it all and reinstall the chapters in the proper order using the files available in the download section of Eka's. If you're missing some files, they either got deleted by accident or you did something like installing chapter 5 without installing the previous chapters, which are required to make the game run.

I must be doing the installation wrong or something.

Problem is, only Chapter 5 is listed in the downloads...
Aces
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Seifens » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:34 am

Phantom_One wrote:Problem is, only Chapter 5 is listed in the downloads...

This one threw me for a bit, too. The other four chapters are under the krishna3ca's vore game link on the downloads page. I'm not sure why it's broken up like that, but it is quite misleading.

Here's a nearly-direct link: http://aryion.com/content/krishna3cas-vore-game
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game