Host needed to do some testing

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Host needed to do some testing

Postby Baif » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:59 pm

Talrion wrote:Has there been any progress? :silly:

Of course! Not as much as i would wanted but im still tweaking this thing off. (Dammn you Pkm HG for stealing my precious time ^^; )

eatmeplease wrote:Will it be available for Linux users?

Sadly, no. It's windows only as for now.

If everything goes as planned, i will upload the online version over the weekend.
Baif
Participator

Postby justaname333 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:29 am

Are you abandoning development of your other game in favor of this? It had real potential. Sorry if this question seems rude.
justaname333
Participator

Postby Baif » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:38 am

justaname333 wrote:Are you abandoning development of your other game in favor of this? It had real potential. Sorry if this question seems rude.

I dont know really, but is probable that i will not... :( The thing is that by the time i started the development of that game, i faced many problems in the development of it, mainly the abscence of graphics (and the inability to do them all myself). Add that the fact that i where very busy due college and didn't had the time to make any progress. As time passed, i kept coding and learning a lot of stuff, and now that i look back at the gmk file, its a mess of code ^^; Thats the reason that i started this one up, to learn more about online code and to try and keep it simple.

Still, sometimes i feel like grabbing that project again and polish it up, but i dont know...
Baif
Participator

Postby psvorefan1520 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:05 pm

I respect your attempt at an online vore game, and at the same time am sad that I don't have as much flexibility in creating a sprite than when making my own games.
Oh well, se la vi. :wink:
Topic has hereby been marked. New post alert activated.
In the name of all vorekind, I hereby call this a "yay" moment.
Games (click pix):
ImageImageImage
None are done.
psvorefan1520
---

Postby Baif » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:26 pm

psvorefan1520 wrote:I respect your attempt at an online vore game, and at the same time am sad that I don't have as much flexibility in creating a sprite than when making my own games.
Oh well, se la vi. :wink:
Topic has hereby been marked. New post alert activated.
In the name of all vorekind, I hereby call this a "yay" moment.

Hehehehe, thankyou. Im pretty new at this online making, so lets see what happens with this.

About the sprite, i have to keep the filesize small so it doesnt clog the bandwith of the server. If i find anyway to compress the sprites, i will add more frames and better sizes.
Baif
Participator

Postby GoddessViolet » Wed May 05, 2010 11:09 pm

Bump! Let's have some epic win, please! :3
GoddessViolet
Been posting for a bit

Postby Aleksandr » Mon May 24, 2010 10:16 pm

This sounds like an idea I'd support, and I could do the hosting, if this project is still being made.

All that would be needed is an FTP program such as FileZilla and you could upload the .gif files onto the server. Easy enough.

I've been lurking here for a while, and I figured I'd post here, and possibly a couple other threads.
Aleksandr
New to the forum

Postby Baif » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:07 pm

Bumping my thread just to say that im still working on this.

Finally im on my summer vacations, so i will have a ton of time to continue working on this (and other) stuff. The online system is pretty much done, tested with minor lag with 8 computers conected to a single server at the time (Thats alot! ^^; ) Now its matter of getting ideas to implement and play around.

I'll upload all the exes so other ones around here can test it with their friends and report bugs and/or suggest features or mini games to be added.

Aleksandr wrote:I'm interested in hosting the images, whenever it gets to that stage; and, I'd be able to host a server for it, assuming it's fairly low-bandwidth, which, by what I can see, it is.

I just basically need a webserver where anyone can upload an image, and use it with a simple non-encrypted URL (Kinda like http://www.test.com/imagename.gif). If you can provide with something like this, would be alot of help. (worry not about bandwith, GIF files would be around 1Kb - 4Kb)

*Im working my entry of the VORE COMPETITION also, so i'll be focusing more time on that for now*
Baif
Participator

Postby Firon » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:31 am

I know Dravus has a webserver he used to use for his forum.......he has I think a couple of gig in space he's not using

only problem is the links would be very long due to the file structure used for the site he's running
Firon
---

Postby Aleksandr » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:24 pm

That's pretty much exactly what I can do. Just not like, immediately because I'm having a bit of trouble at the moment.

I could also host the server for it, assuming it won't be high-traffic or high-bandwidth.
Aleksandr
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Vore game