FUbN (Remastered, 8/10/2023)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FUbN (V1.2, 4/16/10)

Postby HavocLordX » Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:11 pm

XzsoltikaX wrote:I wonder if there is a furry version/mod to this game or there are simillar games like this one?

There should be.
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby mmmooo55 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:11 pm

THE GREAT NECROMANCER DEMANDS FURRY.
SO IT IS WRITTEN.
mmmooo55
Somewhat familiar

Postby XzsoltikaX » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:06 am

HavocLordX wrote:
XzsoltikaX wrote:I wonder if there is a furry version/mod to this game or there are simillar games like this one?

There should be.

And what is it i am curious
XzsoltikaX
New to the forum

Postby EkoEko » Sat Oct 15, 2022 11:40 am

I would like to sum up all the codes so you don't have to look for each of them. Some codes are still missing from this list.
Remember that the codes represent Left, Up, Down, Right. No the actual Letters. You can enter them on the title screen.
Shortcut to Title Screen: R (The button on your keyboard).

Level Codes
You unlock these codes automatically after beating each princess.
Start at Level 4: DDUUULRDUUR
Start at Level 7: URDLURDLDUDU
VS Princess Genivive: LRDDUUDD
VS Princess Leonida: DDLRDUUD
VS Princess Alexandra: UUDLRDDU

Play as Princess Codes
Genevive: LLLRRLDDLRU
Leonida: DURRDURRDURR
Alexandra: RUDLUDDRULDD

Help Codes
Ten Lives: DRUDLDURURD
Infinite Lives: RURUDLDLRDUL
Invulnerability: LLRRRLLDU
Invisibility: LLRRDDUULRDUDULR
Speed Unbirth: URUURRUUURRRDDD

Hard mode:
Harder: UUURUUUR
Very Hard: URRURURRUURU
No Hiding: UDLUDLDURDUR

Fun Codes:
Womb World: UUDDLRLRLRLRDDUU
Acid Trip: URDLDLRURRUDLDRU
Clown Juice: DDLLRRUUDDUU
Leaky: DDLDDRDDLDDRDDLR
EkoEko
New to the forum

Postby Aiwindel » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:06 pm

I'm having a little problem here. Trying to install the game on windows 11, I get an error saying "Setup has detected that the file 'C:\Users\(xxx)\AppData\Local\Temp|VSDCDBF.tmp\SnaFxRedist31\snafx31_redist.msi' has changed since it was initially published. Click OK to retry the download, or Cancel to exit setup." Any help?
Aiwindel
Been posting for a bit

Postby TheLittleDeadGuy » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:34 pm

Aiwindel wrote:I'm having a little problem here. Trying to install the game on windows 11, I get an error saying "Setup has detected that the file 'C:\Users\(xxx)\AppData\Local\Temp|VSDCDBF.tmp\SnaFxRedist31\snafx31_redist.msi' has changed since it was initially published. Click OK to retry the download, or Cancel to exit setup." Any help?

Need this

INeedADrink wrote:Hey. Sorry for posting on such an old thread, but if anyone is having a problem running the setup file, or the game in general, make sure to install Microsoft XNA Framework Version 3.1, and specifically 3.1.
The file for that can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=15163
That seemed to be the root cause of most of the backwards compatibility issues, as Framework 3.1 and later versions used the same file names for some items, leading to conflict when attempting to run setup on a device with a later version of the XNA Framework.
Meh
TheLittleDeadGuy
New to the forum

Postby Aiwindel » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:51 pm

TheLittleDeadGuy wrote:
Aiwindel wrote:I'm having a little problem here. Trying to install the game on windows 11, I get an error saying "Setup has detected that the file 'C:\Users\(xxx)\AppData\Local\Temp|VSDCDBF.tmp\SnaFxRedist31\snafx31_redist.msi' has changed since it was initially published. Click OK to retry the download, or Cancel to exit setup." Any help?

Need this

INeedADrink wrote:Hey. Sorry for posting on such an old thread, but if anyone is having a problem running the setup file, or the game in general, make sure to install Microsoft XNA Framework Version 3.1, and specifically 3.1.
The file for that can be found here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15163">https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=15163</a><!-- m -->
That seemed to be the root cause of most of the backwards compatibility issues, as Framework 3.1 and later versions used the same file names for some items, leading to conflict when attempting to run setup on a device with a later version of the XNA Framework.
Awesome, thanks!
Aiwindel
Been posting for a bit

Postby wafflewarlord17 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:23 pm

So there I was playing the game failing a lot because I'm bad and then I eventually reached the second boss and after I beat it I was just sent back to the title screen with no code to refight the boss or jump back there is the game uncomplete and just ends there? or did weird shit happen
wafflewarlord17
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Thu Oct 27, 2022 2:06 pm

Weird shit happened. There are supposed to be 3 princesses.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby wafflewarlord17 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:27 pm

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Weird shit happened. There are supposed to be 3 princesses.

Ahh is there a list of all codes somewhere? if not I'll try to reach there again
wafflewarlord17
Been posting for a bit

Postby wafflewarlord17 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:24 pm

wafflewarlord17 wrote:
Ryan-Drakel wrote:Weird shit happened. There are supposed to be 3 princesses.

Ahh is there a list of all codes somewhere? if not I'll try to reach there again

It seems there probably is not a list then
wafflewarlord17
Been posting for a bit

Postby Shadowlyger » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:54 pm

Scroll up a bit my guy, someone literally just listed them.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby wafflewarlord17 » Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:56 pm

Shadowlyger wrote:Scroll up a bit my guy, someone literally just listed them.

Ahh I was looking in the early pages cause I guess that just made more sense in my head I am a fool thank you
wafflewarlord17
Been posting for a bit

Postby Rat_Guy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:38 am

I'm getting an error message when I try to install the game:

Setup has detected that the file
'C:Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDCCE5.tmp\XnaFxRedist31\xnafx_redist.msi'
has changed since it was initially published. Click OK to retry the download, or Cancel to exit setup.

If I click OK I just keep getting the error message, if I click Cancel it obviously cancels the installation.
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Postby Luigigamer » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:52 pm

Rat_Guy wrote:I'm getting an error message when I try to install the game:

'C:Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\VSDCCE5.tmp\XnaFxRedist31\xnafx_redist.msi'
has changed since it was initially published. Click OK to retry the download, or Cancel to exit setup.

If I click OK I just keep getting the error message, if I click Cancel it obviously cancels the installation.

check this post:
TheLittleDeadGuy wrote:

Need this

The file for that can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=15163
Luigigamer
New to the forum

Postby Rat_Guy » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:15 am

Luigigamer wrote:
Rat_Guy wrote:I'm getting an error message when I try to install the game:

check this post:
TheLittleDeadGuy wrote:

Need this

Thanks man!
Rat_Guy
want to be a game sage

Re: FUbN (Remastered, 8/10/23)

Postby Bitter » Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:33 pm

Hello, everyone! It's been a long time. A long, long time. Longer than I want to think about. So rather than think about it, let's go straight to the announcement.

The foremost complaint I've heard about FUbN over the years, is that you can't play it any more. Well, after fielding a request for the spritesheets from the game earlier this week, I realized that 1) I still had the full source code on my hard drive, and 2) the MonoGame engine really hasn't changed that much since I published FUbN. (When I published FUbN, it was still a Microsoft product called XNA.) The open-source team has done a lot of work in making the engine cross-platform and sawed off some of the rougher edges of the original framework, but fundamentally any game written in XNA still ought to compile. So, that's what I did-- made a new project on the most modern version of MonoGame available, dropped in my code, fixed the one or two compile errors that did pop up, and ran a publish operation. Therefore, FUbN should now be fully playable on modern PCs.

But wait, there's more!

Because I am a lunatic, once I was in the code I decided to fool around a bit and add some quality-of-life improvements. Here are some new features of the updated version of the game:
  • Self-contained application: You should just be able to click FUbN.exe (see README for platform-specific details) to run it. No more having to find the right .NET Framework to install!
  • Expanded control options: WASD+Space and controllers are now supported.
  • Full-screen display: Use the F10 key or click both thumbsticks at the same time to toggle full-screen mode.
  • Multi-platform Support: The game is now playable on Windows, MacOS, and Linux. (Linux build has not been directly tested.)
  • Self-documenting cheat codes: There is now a random chance that the game will give you a cheat code on the Game Over screen. You must score at least 5000 points for a code to appear, and the chance goes up the higher your score. Do your best! (You could also just trawl through this thread to find the codes... there are no new ones.)

The new builds are available at the same location as ever, the FUbN download page on Eka's Portal.

If you're trying to use the MacOS or Linux builds, you'll find that the files available are zip files that themselves contain a .tar.gz. .tar.gz is the native compression format for those platforms, but Eka's would only let me upload a zip file. Rather than redo my entire build process I just double-bagged them. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Bitter
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: FUbN (Remastered, 8/10/2023)

Postby Erecant » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:10 pm

Whoa, this is one heck of a surprise! Thanks, Bitter! It's been so long since this was 1st put out, it will be really exciting to see what a new generation of folks around here think of this gem of a game.

Not to mention the nostalgia value for us old-timers that get the joy of replaying it.

--Erecant
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Re: FUbN (Remastered, 8/10/23)

Postby KavenBach » Thu Aug 10, 2023 4:48 pm

Bitter wrote:Hello, everyone! It's been a long time. A long, long time. Longer than I want to think about. So rather than think about it, let's go straight to the announcement.

The foremost complaint I've heard about FUbN over the years, is that you can't play it any more. Well, after fielding a request for the spritesheets from the game earlier this week, I realized that 1) I still had the full source code on my hard drive, and 2) the MonoGame engine really hasn't changed that much since I published FUbN. (When I published FUbN, it was still a Microsoft product called XNA.) The open-source team has done a lot of work in making the engine cross-platform and sawed off some of the rougher edges of the original framework, but fundamentally any game written in XNA still ought to compile. So, that's what I did-- made a new project on the most modern version of MonoGame available, dropped in my code, fixed the one or two compile errors that did pop up, and ran a publish operation. Therefore, FUbN should now be fully playable on modern PCs.

But wait, there's more!

Because I am a lunatic, once I was in the code I decided to fool around a bit and add some quality-of-life improvements. Here are some new features of the updated version of the game:
  • Self-contained application: You should just be able to click FUbN.exe (see README for platform-specific details) to run it. No more having to find the right .NET Framework to install!
  • Expanded control options: WASD+Space and controllers are now supported.
  • Full-screen display: Use the F10 key or click both thumbsticks at the same time to toggle full-screen mode.
  • Multi-platform Support: The game is now playable on Windows, MacOS, and Linux. (Linux build has not been directly tested.)
  • Self-documenting cheat codes: There is now a random chance that the game will give you a cheat code on the Game Over screen. You must score at least 5000 points for a code to appear, and the chance goes up the higher your score. Do your best! (You could also just trawl through this thread to find the codes... there are no new ones.)

The new builds are available at the same location as ever, the FUbN download page on Eka's Portal.

If you're trying to use the MacOS or Linux builds, you'll find that the files available are zip files that themselves contain a .tar.gz. .tar.gz is the native compression format for those platforms, but Eka's would only let me upload a zip file. Rather than redo my entire build process I just double-bagged them. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Whoa, Bitter's alive! Glad to see this! :)
"Lady, I WARNED you that my plants wouldn't tolerate tresspassers, either! NOW look at you!"
"Mmh! Mmh!"

https://www.patreon.com/KavenBach
KavenBach
DamselDangerologist

Re: FUbN (Remastered, 8/10/2023)

Postby Ziedine » Thu Aug 10, 2023 8:26 pm

Waouhhhhhhh!!!
Ziedine
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game