FUbN (Remastered, 8/10/2023)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

FUbN (Remastered, 8/10/2023)

Postby Bitter » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:03 pm

Flying Unbirth Ninja

Download Link: From the Portal (Make sure to pick the build that matches your OS!)
Latest Revision: 08/10/2023 Remaster (QoL and Modernized Engine)

Greetings, one and all! Roughly half a year ago, I was inspired by Eka's Portal artist Kiyoa's work "F.U.(b).N.". I loved the picture itself, but besides that it gave me an idea for a game. I'd been wanting to make a vore platformer for ages, and finally I had a premise that was just ridiculous enough to work! The project had its starts and stops, but it's finally reached fruition. What I present now is the public-ready final(ish) version of FUbN: the Game.

In FUbN, your goal is to clear every stage of samurai by unbirthing and absorbing them. I'll leave the nuances of the game (few as they are) to be explained by the readme, which is packaged with the game files and absolutely should be read before playing (heretical an idea as reading the manual is, it is nevertheless a good idea in this case). Instead, here's a feature list to pique your interest and give you something to do while the game downloads:

• Nine levels of stealth gameplay
  • Three boss battles with the princesses who rule the samurai, each of whom is capable of unbirthing you
  • Graphics by Kiyoa herself
  • High score tracking
  • Animated bulging bellies (always a plus!)

But wait, there's more!

As of 8/10/2023, FUbN has been remastered, rebuilt in the latest version of the MonoGame engine, and expanded with new quality-of-life features!

• Self-contained application: You should just be able to click FUbN.exe (see README for platform-specific details) to run it. No more having to find the right .NET Framework to install!
  • Expanded control options: WASD+Space and controllers are now supported.
  • Full-screen display: Use the F10 key or click both thumbsticks at the same time to toggle full-screen mode.
  • Multi-platform Support: The game is now playable on Windows, MacOS, and Linux. (Linux build has not been directly tested.)
  • Self-documenting cheat codes: There is now a random chance that the game will give you a cheat code on the Game Over screen. You must score at least 5000 points for a code to appear, and the chance goes up the higher your score. Do your best! (You could also just trawl through this thread to find the codes... there are no new ones.)

What's that, you say? Merely on the cusp of enthusiasm, not quite ready to spare your precious bandwidth on an untested quantity? Very well! Have some screenshots!

FUbN1.png
Hmmm... who shall I "drop in" on first?

FUbN2.png
Unbirth a samurai to turn your belly in a bulging dome, then find a safe place to shrink it away.

FUbN3.png
Hide until the time is right, then attack!

Still not totally on board?

Okay! That's your prerogative.

---

Enjoy the game, and let me know if you encounter any bugs or issues of any sort.

An extra special thanks to Kiyoa, KavenBach, and Jacquelope for their help in play-testing the game.

Important Notice: Some people have reported problems with receiving the reward for winning on Very Hard without cheats. I have been utterly stymied in my attempts at figuring out why this occurs. If you beat the game on Very Hard without cheats and do not receive a special cheat code for doing so, take a screenshot of the victory screen and send it to me via Private Message, and I will reply with the secret code. Any information you can provide about any playing you might have done before then will also be appreciated. Thank you.
Last edited by Bitter on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:51 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Bitter
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: FUbN

Postby Jammacca » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:06 pm

This looks awesome! Can't wait to give it a shot

Edit: Um... Problem. I can't get the set up to complete. After accepting, it gives me this message:

An error has occurred while downloading a required file. You may retry downloading the file or cancel the set-up.

I hit retry, but I keep getting the message.
Jammacca
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bitter » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:24 pm

Hmmm. First possibility is you really are just having temporary download problems, and could try again later.

You can also try bypassing the setup process by manually downloading the two required components:

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1
XNA Framework 3.1 Redistributable

... and then just launching the game executable. The only purpose of the setup exe is to make sure you have the necessary frameworks.

For curiosity's sake, what Windows are you running? XP, Vista, or 7?
Last edited by Bitter on Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bitter
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Chaotic » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:25 pm

The game is incredible. This is one of the best vore platformers I've ever played. The sprites and animation are really well done. I especially like the jiggly belly animation.Took me a while, but I finally beat it. :-D

Great job Bitter, Kiyoa, and everyone else who has had a hand in the game's creation. I do hope you have more games planned for the future. :wink:
Last edited by Chaotic on Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Jammacca » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:25 pm

XP Professional, though I have been experiencing various problems as of late.

Anyway, I'll just go about it manually and see if that works.
Jammacca
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bitter » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:26 pm

I just edited in the Microsoft download links for your convenience.
Bitter
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Eka » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:47 pm

I actually tested the game, it works. Just make sure you follow the instruction on any error messages that pop up. Read the readme and you will be good!
Eka
Administrator

Postby Seifens » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:16 pm

Very nice! The stealth mechanic is good, the gameplay is very smooth, and the animations are well done. :)

Now if only I could get past the second level...

One thing I noticed is that the air controls are a bit touchy. They let you move at up to full running speed while falling, but don't allow for small corrections. I'm constantly overshooting or overcorrecting - though that could quite honestly be me. Also, this game suffers from the 'I walked up to the ledge really slowly, stepped over, and now I'm careening sideways instead of falling straight down' problem.

Movement seems to be all-or-nothing. Some kind of acceleration that took you from 0 to top speed in even a single square would offset this.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby haloronin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Holy hell this is a fun game. If i may ask I'd liek to see a wall kick manuver, as well as a purchasable upgra to increas your belly size and capasity Pleeease
haloronin
---

Postby Kiyoa » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Glad to see it released, Bitter.

Feel rather pleased with how things've turned out, myself, though I really only did anything for the project right at the end. Good show, man.
Kiyoa
Somewhat familiar

Postby KlinKitty » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:12 pm

Daaamn! Very nice :)
KlinKitty
not always naked

Postby Conn » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:14 pm

Not sure if you're taking any idea's as such but it'd be nice if say each samurai you UB increases your remaining time, depending on the samurai some may add 5 seconds some add 10 etc?
Conn
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KlinKitty » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:18 pm

KlinKitty wrote:Daaamn! Very nice :)

One thing: In my opinion, it may have been improved without a time limit. With a time limit, there's not a lot of opportunity to hide out and wait for the right moment...it encourages recklessness. That's just my opinion though
KlinKitty
not always naked

Postby Bitter » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:52 pm

I'll grant you that the controls are a bit twitchy, and I won't say it's by design. However, I think you'll find that you'll run into situations where it you need to be running at full speed immediately, and in those cases it's better to be able to break into a sprint than to be plodding along at half speed for a while. That's one of the problems I run into in making games-- I've played this game for six months; my notion of how easy the controls are to use is kinda skewed. Keep at it, though! It is definitely possible to get accurate jumps. Restrict your jumping to what's necessary to get on top of the Samurai; the longer your fall, the more opportunities for error. Keep a steady hand and correct only once. Jumping accurately is mostly a matter of making a full-power forward lunge and reeling it in to where you want it to be. I'll keep the concerns about fluidity in mind for future projects (vorish or otherwise), though.

I will, however, adamantly defend the time limit as a necessary mechanic. Part of my philosophy of game design for vore is to try to represent both the preyish and predish mentalities as much as possible, and given that I couldn't create ultra-intelligent Samurai capable of finding you no matter where you are, there had to be some other limiter that made you uncomfortable just sitting around. That's what the timer's for: you can't wait for "perfect" moments in every case; you have to keep moving or you're going to find yourself in a bad situation. It would be comfortable without a time limit, but being comfortable ain't what being prey is about (endosoma notwithstanding). You need to feel hunted.

EDIT: I just remembered another reason why the timer needed to be there. I'm of the opinion that no game should have an indivisible point value. If everything's a multiple of 100, why not just divide all the points by 100? So I awarded you 1 point for every second you're alive. But if you just sit around outside of the samurai's range of view, you get infinite points... hence the timer.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad to see it's not a total implosion in terms of stability... yet. :lol:
Last edited by Bitter on Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bitter
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Ralmar » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:55 pm

Mmmh, VERY nice game. I only have a very few nitpicks myself, and they're really quite minor, I think. If you should every decide to edit the game, a mode without a timer would be most welcome, I think. Some of the people I have talked to have complained of not having enough time to beat the level easily on the first few tries. You might also consider an unlimited life mode.

That aside, a splendid game! I absolutely love what you've done, and wish there were a lot more like this!
There's something that doesn't make sense here: let's go and poke it with a stick.
Ralmar
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chaotic » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:33 pm

There's only one thing I was hoping for, and that was a boss or level select option after beating the game. I wanted to see her get unbirthed by the princesses but it took so much effort to get up to them that I didn't want to waste a single life fighting them. So, yeah, that's my only gripe.
Chaotic
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Vorishartist » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:35 pm

I had to mem hack to get past the fourth level of the game. That said, it's rather monotonous. I also think that one shouldn't need to unbirth every single samurai, but there could be a reward for doing so. Since the levels are already maze-like, an end goal to run to would be much less stressful than going for 19 samurai in 200 seconds. It's hardly ninja-esque with the time limit as well. I would also like to see a samurai that attempts to unbirth you when alerted, maybe using similar AI to the boss fights with the princesses.
Vorishartist
Artist

Postby Silhouette » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:06 am

Well isn't this cool? Nice job.
Silhouette
Participator

Postby justaname333 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:39 am

Chaotic wrote:There's only one thing I was hoping for, and that was a boss or level select option after beating the game. I wanted to see her get unbirthed by the princesses but it took so much effort to get up to them that I didn't want to waste a single life fighting them. So, yeah, that's my only gripe.

I hoped that there would be an option for a true level select after beating hard mode, but all I got for my efforts was a password for very hard mode.

To which I said, "Fuck that!".
justaname333
Participator

Postby Baz » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:48 am

Any chance of a version that works on Linux, or am I gonna have to wait 'till I get my new laptop? XD
"I might not agree with what you say, but I will defend your right to say it to the death." E. B. Hall
"I have two types of friend. You're either my kind of asshole, or my kind of nutter. It's up to you to decide which one you are!"
Baz
Yat

Next

Return to Vore game