VGame Mod Idea (Playing Prey in Pred City)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

VGame Mod Idea (Playing Prey in Pred City)

Postby Liz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:13 pm

I had a brainwave while at work waiting for my boss to actually do something, sitting at my desk I had this thought in dealing with VGame and the mod I would like to play around with.
I do love VGame so I decided to work on a standalone Mod that doesn’t involve our main character being the chosen one and saving the world. Instead this mod will focus on being Prey in a town filled with Preds.

Hungered or ‘The Hungered’ is the name I use for my Predators in most of the work I do, they are humans in shape but are stronger, faster and usually more intelligent than the average humans.
Humans are Prey who do their best to keep out of the way of hungered or try to blend in.
  • You have to complete quests and keep a lid in you situation.
  • All Town members can swallow you and most will the second they know you’re prey and no a Hungered.
Current Ideas on quest –
  • Find out how to stop the Hungered
  • Find Information on freeing normal humans
  • Trying to escape the town and find a safe haven.
  • Rather than go outside and kill monsters for XP the player must talk to towns people and discover clues. Finding successful information will give a percentage of XP. Say 10 correct discussions = Level.

Stats are
  • Strength (Imposing Figure – More likely not to be noticed as normal human and slightly higher chance of breaking from Pred.)
  • Agil (Getting away from trouble)
  • Stamina (Fighting against being Swallowed)
  • Intellect (More chance of saying the right thing in conversations and noticing traps, items ect)

• Speaking the NPC will require the player to be assertive and not timid or you will end up being a snack. If the player is too assertive it will cause a fight and the NPC will notice that you’re no so tough and most likely blow your cover.
  • If you really want to you can give yourself up if you like the Pred.
  • Some Hungered if they find out your not one of them will blackmail you into helping them find humans or

I don’t know how much time I can spend on this and I don’t think I will even get off the ground but I will be using the basic Idea for my Vore Story writing when I get time to do all this again. (Currently doing work, study and the odd bit of sleep when I can :/) I other people like this idea and want to use it for they own mods ect - please feel free.

Now that idea is out of my mind and in the open what do people think about the game idea?
Last edited by Liz on Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i68.tinypic.com/2r3xx1e.jpg[/img]
Chibi Liz's view on Physics, well breaking/ignoring them >:3 .
Pixiv [url]http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=3050556[/url]
Liz
---

Re: VGame Mod Idea

Postby Erecant » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:08 pm

Sounds like a really good basis for a mod working within Vgame's structure, and luckily, the concept leaves you open to make it as complex or simple as you'd like, with easy additions to expand upon content, i.e, add another town, or add access to certain sectors of town as you develop further.
Erecant
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby albinator427 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:04 am

Hmm,
sounds in some way like your other Idea
viewtopic.php?f=79&t=18932
Need RPG Maker XP Resources?
Look Here!

Avatar done by the Awesome Rayen ^.^
albinator427
Somewhat familiar

Postby killerwolf6 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:00 am

Sounds more like making a new game using the same source engine then just a mod to me
coffee coffee COFFEE!!!
killerwolf6
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby venomacer » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:29 am

I say go for the total conversion Madness! sounds really, really interesting ._.
venomacer
Somewhat familiar

Postby Liz » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:03 am

Erecant – Thanks, Yeah if I did get it off the ground it leaves other areas of the town open for people to play around and make their own ideas work.

albinator427
– True, It’s the old idea with some of the issues raised ironed out. I was thinking of using it for a MMORPG idea but that would take more time than I have in both learning how to program that well and time to work on it.

killerwolf6 – Fair Point but I didn’t want to take away credit from the creator so I called it a mod for that reason.

venomacer – Cheers – Yeah I had discussions with players about game style and it was the best idea I could think of rather than go out and kill (not that im taking anything away from other games just think of different approaches)

Sorry if people have read similar ideas before but the idea was playing on my mind and wanted to get it out in the open.
Liz
---

Re: VGame Mod Idea (Playing Prey in Pred City)

Postby Leika » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:27 am

It sounds like a fun idea, and I'd definitely look forward to playing it. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard to do using existing VGame software and graphics, either. My one concern is that if it's all dialogue-based and some of the responses depend on your stats, your character is going to get eaten a hell of a lot without being able to do anything about it until they level up a bit. But maybe that's the point; this IS a vore game...
Leika
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Liz » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:08 pm

I was thinking of giving the player a few stat points from the word Go to allow them to boost certain stats of their choice and give them an edge in the fist area or making the requirements to talk to NPCs without getting eaten easier for the first few maps then it gradually gets harder.
Liz
---

Postby Vorishartist » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:04 am

Too bad the Vgame engine sucks balls
Vorishartist
Artist

Postby Liz » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:14 am

Vorishartist wrote:Too bad the Vgame engine sucks balls

Do you have a better medium i could use to make a game on then?
Liz
---

Postby Vorishartist » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Perhaps. If you don't know any programming languages, I recommend learning a minimal amount of scripting and getting your hands dirty with Game Maker, or if you want to be cool you can use C# and Microsoft XNA game studio. If you want to be even cooler you can use C++ and OpenGL, or learn Java and the Jogl bindings.
Vorishartist
Artist

Postby nooneudknow » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:40 pm

Vorishartist wrote:.or learn Java and the Jogl bindings.

...Vgame is a Java based game so I think you may have just contradicted yourself minorly there... and I, personally, think it's a great idea to mod the Vgame. My only suggestion, use seipher's mod when you try to redesign the game, or make it so the sounds can overlap eachother. Other than that, wonderful idea! I can't wait for it!
nooneudknow
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Liz » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:53 am

Yeah I'm currently looking at reputation system and a few other things but most of it can be converted over.
Liz
---

Postby wolfdemonkyi » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:21 am

This idea . . . ITS WONDERFUL!!!
There's another hell mouth in Cleveland.
wolfdemonkyi
Participator

Return to Vore game