FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:26 am

Connorcreeper wrote:But i only seem to have the console from hernextmeals thing which is MSYS2 thing

That's an alternative way of running it. MSYS2 is only strictly needed for compiling.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby LuluBoxFox » Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:16 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
Connorcreeper wrote:But i only seem to have the console from hernextmeals thing which is MSYS2 thing

That's an alternative way of running it. MSYS2 is only strictly needed for compiling.

Mmmm ok but oddly i can't seem to find the game from msys2 but it says its installed
LuluBoxFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby misterknight3000 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:18 pm

is it possible that someone uploads the game with mod to a drive where i can download it because the program doesnt work on my pc
misterknight3000
New to the forum

Postby FFSM3 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:05 pm

I too have the not able to swallow stuff.

I see it in my binds, but AI just murders me and frags like if it is xonotic.

Did I do anything wrong? I followed the guide of the person using th pacman method which seemed to work.

I use windows 10.
FFSM3
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:37 pm

FFSM3 wrote:I too have the not able to swallow stuff.

I see it in my binds, but AI just murders me and frags like if it is xonotic.

Did I do anything wrong? I followed the guide of the person using th pacman method which seemed to work.

I use windows 10.

Sounds like it's not loading the VT game code, just Xonotic's. Make sure you are compiling with my build.sh script, or hernextmeal's method as long as the BUILD_MOD parameter is there. Someone also had a problem where an incorrect version of the game code got cached... go into xonotic-data.pk3dir and delete every .dat and .lmo in there (6 files in total) then recompile.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby seth270 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:01 am

anyone got links to the required items
seth270
Participator

Postby venomacer » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:02 pm

whenever I run the build script, the only thing I get is a frustrating

make: *** ../data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/qcsrc: No such file or directory. Stop.

I'm at wit's end. I have the gmqcc binaries within a folder labelled "gmqcc" within the xonotic base directory.
venomacer
Somewhat familiar

Postby FFSM3 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:20 pm

I got ot to work using the method by Hex, etxept, I did have to use the binairys after building as the game didnt compile :) Now I cant wait for fun variables and an rp mode :e

I did notice a bug thpou, where my friend made aserver, I can join, but Iget black screen and not responding. I do not know owo vs bots is fine

But I do like weapon damage vs macro scaled lower, if that is possible ^^
FFSM3
Been posting for a bit

Postby venomacer » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:24 pm

FFSM3 wrote:I got ot to work using the method by Hex, etxept, I did have to use the binairys after building as the game didnt compile :) Now I cant wait for fun variables and an rp mode :e

I did notice a bug thpou, where my friend made aserver, I can join, but Iget black screen and not responding. I do not know owo vs bots is fine

But I do like weapon damage vs macro scaled lower, if that is possible ^^

What? Also if it helps, https://www.dropbox.com/s/92j5p5a4hnfso ... e.jpg?dl=0 is the entire folder structure. creating directory "data\xonotic-data.pk3dir\qcsrc" with reference to base and cramming in the gmqcc does not help. Xonotic download from the git website itself did not come with the "data\xonotic-data.pk3dir\qcsrc" directory. Attempting to use tortois git and it locks me behind needed credentials hence the direct download.
venomacer
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:12 am

venomacer wrote:whenever I run the build script, the only thing I get is a frustrating

I'm at wit's end. I have the gmqcc binaries within a folder labelled "gmqcc" within the xonotic base directory.

Are you running it from data_voretournament, which is cloned inside the base xonotic directory (eg: is sitting next to the "data" and "darkplaces" and "gmqcc" folders)? You must navigate the prompt to blablabla/xonotic/data_voretournament then run the ./build.sh command. If that doesn't work, something is odd and I don't know... it should work the same way for everyone, the build script was tested and runs fine for several Windows users.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby venomacer » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:43 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
venomacer wrote:whenever I run the build script, the only thing I get is a frustrating

Are you running it from data_voretournament, which is cloned inside the base xonotic directory (eg: is sitting next to the "data" and "darkplaces" and "gmqcc" folders)? You must navigate the prompt to blablabla/xonotic/data_voretournament then run the ./build.sh command. If that doesn't work, something is odd and I don't know... it should work the same way for everyone, the build script was tested and runs fine for several Windows users.

if it helps, I've set the msys2 shell to be the default executable for .sh files. What I've been doing is to just simply run the build.sh script by double-clicking it. I've also navigated my way into the same directory, then execute the build script within the directory by dragging and dropping into the console. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtq5on3bh1luy ... t.jpg?dl=0 is the result of my most recent attempt.
venomacer
Somewhat familiar

Postby hernextmeal » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:53 am

venomacer wrote:
MirceaKitsune wrote:

if it helps, I've set the msys2 shell to be the default executable for .sh files. What I've been doing is to just simply run the build.sh script by double-clicking it. I've also navigated my way into the same directory, then execute the build script within the directory by dragging and dropping into the console. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtq5on3bh1luy ... t.jpg?dl=0 is the result of my most recent attempt.

First, you need to start MSYS with the launcher called "MSYS2 MingW64" - a normal MSYS shell without the extra variables set up that that provides will not work. I've tried that.

Second, did you run the previous steps? Looks like it's not finding the stock game data files,
hernextmeal
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:23 am

venomacer wrote:if it helps, I've set the msys2 shell to be the default executable for .sh files. What I've been doing is to just simply run the build.sh script by double-clicking it. I've also navigated my way into the same directory, then execute the build script within the directory by dragging and dropping into the console. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtq5on3bh1luy ... t.jpg?dl=0 is the result of my most recent attempt.

I see. The build.sh script uses a relative path... otherwise everyone would have to edit it and add the full path to where they cloned Xonotic, which would cause GIT conflicts due to modifying the file and be an annoyance in general. The location from which the script sees itself being ran must be xonotic/data_voretournament, which I'm afraid might manually require navigating the MSYS2 prompt there each time.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby FFSM3 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:46 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
venomacer wrote:if it helps, I've set the msys2 shell to be the default executable for .sh files. What I've been doing is to just simply run the build.sh script by double-clicking it. I've also navigated my way into the same directory, then execute the build script within the directory by dragging and dropping into the console. https://www.dropbox.com/s/rtq5on3bh1luy ... t.jpg?dl=0 is the result of my most recent attempt.

I see. The build.sh script uses a relative path... otherwise everyone would have to edit it and add the full path to where they cloned Xonotic, which would cause GIT conflicts due to modifying the file and be an annoyance in general. The location from which the script sees itself being ran must be xonotic/data_voretournament, which I'm afraid might manually require navigating the MSYS2 prompt there each time.

If you keep the stock folder settings for windows 64 bit when you open msys min 64bit, your install will go to C:\msys64\home\roort\xonotic or to the installation foldoer where Msys is installed too.

You do need need any pathing for this to setup if you follow the Hexas guide which I will post here again in a quote.

hernextmeal wrote:Been distracted with exams, but actually got it to compile. MSYS2 actually requires you to launch a separate batch file to set up the path in order to get compilers to work.

Here's how you do it. I'm assuming you're using a 64-bit installation of Windows, you will need a different installer and will need to change some commands around for 32-bit, but most people are probably on 64 bit.

1. Consider turning off your antivirus as they often do not play well with compilers.

2. Get MSYS2 from here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/msys2/ ... urce=files

3. Install it. Make sure you have plenty (tens of gigabytes) of free space on the drive you are installing in.

4. Go into your Start menu (you can hit the Windows key and start typing to search on Windows 8+) and find the item named "MSYS2 MinGW 64-bit", launch it. You will have open a little terminal window that you can type stuff into.

5. Now for the commands. These can pretty much be copy and pasted in (right click copy, then right click paste) and it should work. You might need to hit enter a couple times when it asks you some questions.

Code: Select all
pacman -S git curl zip make gcc mingw-w64-x86_64-{toolchain,make,gcc,SDL2,libjpeg-turbo,libpng,libogg,gmp} autoconf libtool automake gmp-devel unzip p7zip
git clone https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic.git xonotic
pushd xonotic
./all update  -l best
git clone https://gitlab.com/MirceaKitsune/voretournament-mod.git data_voretournament
./all compile
pushd data_voretournament
sh build.sh
popd

6. If all went well you should have received no errors. The game is ready to be launched. To launch it, type in the terminal (assuming you are still in the xonotic directory):

./all run  -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament

7. You can get extra maps from http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/, place the files in the xonotic/data folder and the engine should see them. If you can't find the directory in Explorer you can open it with the command
explorer "$(cygpath -w "$(pwd)")"
or you can use the command line to download them
pushd data
curl $URL #where $URL is the URL you wish to download.
popd

8. TODO: Figure out how to not suck at FPS games and how to actually use the mod...
FFSM3
Been posting for a bit

Postby FFSM3 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:15 am

FFSM3 wrote:
MirceaKitsune wrote:

If you keep the stock folder settings for windows 64 bit when you open msys min 64bit, your install will go to C:\msys64\home\roort\xonotic or to the installation foldoer where Msys is installed too.

You do need need any pathing for this to setup if you follow the Hexas guide which I will post here again in a quote.

hernextmeal wrote:Been distracted with exams, but actually got it to compile. MSYS2 actually requires you to launch a separate batch file to set up the path in order to get compilers to work.

Here's how you do it. I'm assuming you're using a 64-bit installation of Windows, you will need a different installer and will need to change some commands around for 32-bit, but most people are probably on 64 bit.

1. Consider turning off your antivirus as they often do not play well with compilers.

3. Install it. Make sure you have plenty (tens of gigabytes) of free space on the drive you are installing in.

4. Go into your Start menu (you can hit the Windows key and start typing to search on Windows 8+) and find the item named "MSYS2 MinGW 64-bit", launch it. You will have open a little terminal window that you can type stuff into.

5. Now for the commands. These can pretty much be copy and pasted in (right click copy, then right click paste) and it should work. You might need to hit enter a couple times when it asks you some questions.

pacman -S git curl zip make gcc mingw-w64-x86_64-{toolchain,make,gcc,SDL2,libjpeg-turbo,libpng,libogg,gmp} autoconf libtool automake gmp-devel unzip p7zip
pushd xonotic
./all update  -l best
git clone https://gitlab.com/MirceaKitsune/voretournament-mod.git data_voretournament
./all compile
sh build.sh
popd

6. If all went well you should have received no errors. The game is ready to be launched. To launch it, type in the terminal (assuming you are still in the xonotic directory):

7. You can get extra maps from http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/, place the files in the xonotic/data folder and the engine should see them. If you can't find the directory in Explorer you can open it with the command
pushd data
popd

8. TODO: Figure out how to not suck at FPS games and how to actually use the mod...

You can get the engine at https://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/download.html which you need to put includoing all the dll files at the darkplaces folder
FFSM3
Been posting for a bit

Postby venomacer » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:26 pm

FFSM3 wrote:
MirceaKitsune wrote:

pushd xonotic
./all update  -l best
./all compile
sh build.sh
popd

pushd data
popd

This time around I followed the steps from the ground up. Same problem, yet with new developments. this time, grabbing the entire thing through the console gives me contents within the data\xonotic-data.pk3dir\qcsrc\gmqcc directory. In spite of that though it gives me the following error of: ./tools/qcc.sh: line 41: ../../../../gmqcc/gmqcc.exe: No such file or directory
my hopes where up up to until that point. what gives?

*edit* redone everything by copy pasting the ocmmands while in the folder I wanted to install the game. Finally some more progress.. however, the following error pops up after re-running the build script in its own line:

<user> MSYS /d/Program Files/xonotic
$ pushd data_voretournament;sh build.sh
/d/Program Files/xonotic/data_voretournament /d/Program Files/xonotic /d/Program Files
make: Entering directory '/d/Program Files/xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/qcsrc'
Makefile:109: warning: overriding recipe for target '/d/Program'
Makefile:104: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/d/Program'
Makefile:114: warning: overriding recipe for target '/d/Program'
Makefile:109: warning: ignoring old recipe for target '/d/Program'
make[1]: Entering directory `/d/Program Files/xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/qcsrc/client'
+ cc -xc -E -I. -DGMQCC -DXONOTIC=1 -DWATERMARK="xonotic-v0.8.1-3239-gfaa18c9" -DNDEBUG=1 -DBUILD_MOD="../../../data_voretournament" -I../../../data_voretournament -DGAMEQC -DCSQC client/progs.inc
+ gmqcc.exe -std=gmqcc -Ooverlap-locals -O3 -Werror -Wall -Wno-field-redeclared -flno -futf8 -fno-bail-on-werror -frelaxed-switch -freturn-assignments -o Files/xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/qcsrc/../csprogs.dat ../../.tmp/client.qc
Mode: manual
There are 1 items to compile:
item: ../../.tmp/client.qc (qc)
writing 'Files/xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/qcsrc/../csprogs.dat' and 'Files/xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/qcsrc/../csprogs.lno'...

Optimizations:
peephole: 13189
tail recursion: 3
overlap locals: 8724
call stores: 30418
void return: 3839
vector components: 1
const fold dce: 6981
const fold: 2569
*** failed to generate output file
make: *** [Makefile:105: Files/xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/qcsrc/../csprogs.dat] Error 1
make: Leaving directory '/d/Program Files/xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/qcsrc'

yet to test the game after this.

*edit 2* running the game with the command now yields an error pertaining to missing / unlocatable data and reccomends adding -basedir /path/to/game. I think this may be tied to one of the files failing to output

*edit 3* another attempt.. it FINALLY works. The entire thing is NOT FRIENDLY to directories with spaces. I've been compiling in D:/Program Files/Xonotic and that leads to an error. When I tried compiling in D:/Xonotic it finally makes all the needed files.
Last edited by venomacer on Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
venomacer
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:43 pm

venomacer wrote:This time around I followed the steps from the ground up. Same problem, yet with new developments. this time, grabbing the entire thing through the console gives me contents within the data\xonotic-data.pk3dir\qcsrc\gmqcc directory. In spite of that though it gives me the following error of: ./tools/qcc.sh: line 41: ../../../../gmqcc/gmqcc.exe: No such file or directory

You must first compile gmqcc, which will generate gmqcc.exe in the xonotic/gmqcc directory. To do so, navigate to xonotic/gmqcc and do 'make all'. If for any reason that fails, you can download gmqcc from the link in the instructions and put the exe in there... unfortunately though, I understand the latest version on the website is too old and doesn't support the latest Xonotic code, therefore this might not work right now.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby venomacer » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:24 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
venomacer wrote:This time around I followed the steps from the ground up. Same problem, yet with new developments. this time, grabbing the entire thing through the console gives me contents within the data\xonotic-data.pk3dir\qcsrc\gmqcc directory. In spite of that though it gives me the following error of: ./tools/qcc.sh: line 41: ../../../../gmqcc/gmqcc.exe: No such file or directory

You must first compile gmqcc, which will generate gmqcc.exe in the xonotic/gmqcc directory. To do so, navigate to xonotic/gmqcc and do 'make all'. If for any reason that fails, you can download gmqcc from the link in the instructions and put the exe in there... unfortunately though, I understand the latest version on the website is too old and doesn't support the latest Xonotic code, therefore this might not work right now.

I've gotten some progress since this post you quote. Kindly refer to the post above. This time, an item is failing to compile.

*edit* everything is finally resolved.
venomacer
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:23 am

venomacer wrote:I've gotten some progress since this post you quote. Kindly refer to the post above. This time, an item is failing to compile.

Ah... I saw the edit now. That's an odd error, haven't seen it before and probably wouldn't know what to suggest. Glad to hear it's working though :)
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby venomacer » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:34 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
venomacer wrote:I've gotten some progress since this post you quote. Kindly refer to the post above. This time, an item is failing to compile.

Ah... I saw the edit now. That's an odd error, haven't seen it before and probably wouldn't know what to suggest. Glad to hear it's working though :)

I guess it is important to stress directory location. I am emphasizing that presence of spaces within the directory structure will heavily interfere with the whole series of scripts, my case being a clear example of it.
venomacer
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game