FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby ZeForgotten » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:55 am

MirceaKitsune, So how does 1 exactly download this game?
ZeForgotten
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:08 am

ZeForgotten wrote:MirceaKitsune, So how does 1 exactly download this game?

First download and install Xonotic: https://dl.xonotic.org/xonotic-0.8.2.zip

Then download this package: https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... -2.0.1.zip

Extract the VT zip, rename the directory so it's just "data_voretournament", place it in the root Xonotic directory, then run "voretournament-windows.cmd" to launch it.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:15 pm

sasai wrote:I don't like that act of vore seems to do nothing but hurt the player in this game. Is there a way for it to heal you and grow you? I'm sorry, the complaint is uncalled for but just let me know if that's the intended effect.

There is team healing for team mates: They will heal you instead if they eat you. Doesn't work for enemies though, this wouldn't make sense from a gameplay perspective. You can disable digestion if you wish, but then the game might not progress correctly.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby RakeVuri » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:13 pm

sasai wrote:I don't like that act of vore seems to do nothing but hurt the player in this game. Is there a way for it to heal you and grow you? I'm sorry, the complaint is uncalled for but just let me know if that's the intended effect.

If you're referring to being damaged by preys kicking inside you and making it impossible to heal off of eating people: the only thing you can really do is mess with console commands. The way the base game is currently is that you're supposed to hunt for health pickups to get up to 150-200 health and then you're supposed to shoot everyone else to drop their health down as low as possible before you eat them. For equally sized players, the advantage is really on the prey's end with how much damage they deal on a kick and how long digestion takes.

If you go to Settings > Misc > Advanced Settings, you can mess around with server variables. Everything under "g_balance_vore_" is related to vore balance. You can turn down the amount of damage a kick does (g_balance_vore_kick_damage), or turn up digestion damage (g_balance_vore_digestion_damage).
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby CommanderStar78 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:47 pm

Hey so I just found this today, and am trying to use it on my Windows but I am running into issues with the game not running the vore stuff when I do a match, often just ending up as a normal game. I am launching it from the exe in the vore file and the naming of it should be all correct and under the key binds I do see 2 vore related tags of digestion and regurgitation of which I can't trigger in match. Can someone help me out?
CommanderStar78
New to the forum

Postby ninjajoeman » Tue May 12, 2020 6:03 pm

Is there anything special you have to do when setting up custom models for VT, do you need to edit any cfg? :?
The preview seems to work in the model browser, but I'm not seeing them in game.
it might just be their lack of animations, but I would want to probably sort this out before getting started on the animations.
I've got the files and the skin/frame group files setup too, so I don't know if its that. (might be something going on with the textures).

Thanks, totally new with working with xonotic lol.
ninjajoeman
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue May 12, 2020 7:20 pm

ninjajoeman wrote:Is there anything special you have to do when setting up custom models for VT, do you need to edit any cfg? :?
The preview seems to work in the model browser, but I'm not seeing them in game.
it might just be their lack of animations, but I would want to probably sort this out before getting started on the animations.
I've got the files and the skin/frame group files setup too, so I don't know if its that. (might be something going on with the textures).

Thanks, totally new with working with xonotic lol.

Hi. Take a look at the existing models and what each one uses, you can find examples here:

https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... els/player

For VT it's a bit more complex than just rigging a character to the Xonotic armature: You also need to generate the 3 belly states (which are their own player models), internal and external meshes. They need to be very precise to work properly. See the source containing the default ones for a full set (you should open them in Blender 2.79 as they're pretty old).

MirceaKitsune
???

Postby ninjajoeman » Tue May 12, 2020 9:15 pm

Thanks was worried I was going to have to dig through the code.
ninjajoeman
Somewhat familiar

Postby RandomInjury » Wed May 13, 2020 1:25 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:Hi. Take a look at the existing models and what each one uses, you can find examples here:

For VT it's a bit more complex than just rigging a character to the Xonotic armature: You also need to generate the 3 belly states (which are their own player models), internal and external meshes. They need to be very precise to work properly. See the source containing the default ones for a full set (you should open them in Blender 2.79 as they're pretty old).

You should probably make your own thread for VT.

I have a feeling your OP would be much more usefull then the one here.
RandomInjury
Participator

Postby cybeast50 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:42 pm

hello ive place everything likes the directions have said i believe, but i cant get it to run, i try with command prompt and it starts up but says missing these try putting -basedir path/to/game which i thought i had. i also tried going to the .cmd thats in the new version and i cant get it to start from there at all, ill post pictures
Attachments
Screenshot (1).png
Screenshot (2).png
cybeast50
New to the forum

Postby Aurilika » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:39 pm

cybeast50 wrote:hello ive place everything likes the directions have said i believe, but i cant get it to run, i try with command prompt and it starts up but says missing these try putting -basedir path/to/game which i thought i had. i also tried going to the .cmd thats in the new version and i cant get it to start from there at all, ill post pictures

Seems like you might have downloaded the source instead of the release. The correct link was posted up above, but will repost here for clarity https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_voretournament/-/archive/2.0.1/data_voretournament-2.0.1.zip Your voretournament directory should look like this.

Data_voretournament.jpg
Aurilika
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby cybeast50 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:06 am

alrighht i tried what u said aurilika and sorry for long awaited reply if it was awaited at all, was busy throughout the days, but it still wont start, wonder if its cause their shown as being opened by notepad? unsure cause they still show as cfg files, but when i click the vore tournament-windows.cmd, a little window pops up, but instacloses and nothing starts up so im unsure whats going on
cybeast50
New to the forum

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:36 am

I can't believe this game's been in development for over ten years now and it still doesn't have its own topic on the forum.
MK needs to make a dedicated VT topic so the OP can be edited as necessary so we don't have to scroll through all these pages to find the relevant info.
AnonymousRandomAnon
Somewhat familiar

Postby princejaxonhellsing » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:42 pm

I remember when I first played the mod there were 2 servers I believe, now they're gone. I wonder what ever happened
princejaxonhellsing
Somewhat familiar

Postby GnomeishDelight » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:55 am

I recently tried the game out and ended up accidentailly reset the keybindings, which removed all the vore keybinds. Is there anyway to get them back?
Lover of things cozy, comfy, soft, adorable and cute.
Now on DeviantART http://almmia.deviantart.com/
GnomeishDelight
Participator

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:53 am

GnomeishDelight wrote:I recently tried the game out and ended up accidentailly reset the keybindings, which removed all the vore keybinds. Is there anyway to get them back?

Look in the input settings under the main menu. You can also use a special command I made for this exact scenario: Open the console (~ key) and simply type bind_vt then press enter.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby GnomeishDelight » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:22 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
GnomeishDelight wrote:I recently tried the game out and ended up accidentailly reset the keybindings, which removed all the vore keybinds. Is there anyway to get them back?

Look in the input settings under the main menu. You can also use a special command I made for this exact scenario: Open the console (~ key) and simply type bind_vt then press enter.

Okay i did this but the commands seem grey and dosn't say what they are supposed to do. I can eat other characters occasionally but for the most part even when i press or hold the button it dosn't seem to do anything.
Lover of things cozy, comfy, soft, adorable and cute.
Now on DeviantART http://almmia.deviantart.com/
GnomeishDelight
Participator

Postby Entirely_Logical » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:11 pm

I wonder if it would be possible to make the mod edit what happens when a player teleports on top of another; rather than immediately frag the player at the destination, maybe check for player size and place the smaller one in the stomach of the larger?
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby truck » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:35 am

i wonder if it will be possible for venomacer to edit the first comment to now include the latest version of the game because its no longer beta 0.4 but now 2.0.1 according to an earlier comment posted on this page.
truck
Participator

Postby MegaManFan » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:42 pm

looks like I'm some amount of time late to this. oh well, at least there's singleplayer.
MegaManFan
New to the forum

Previous

Return to Vore game