FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby NecrolanceZX » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:34 pm

So I accidentally reset the keybinds for the vore stuff and now there's not even an option for setting keys for swallowing and such. Like, where they should be, they aren't there. I've looked through the thread and everything in regards to it doesn't really fix it. I've tried redownloading xonotic and redownloading the vore tournament files.
The signature that you are attempting to view is not here right now. Please leave a message after the beep. *beeeep*
NecrolanceZX
Somewhat familiar

Postby seth270 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:50 am

Ok Sooo I finnallly got VT 2.0.0 working and loading but have no clue what so ever what the controls are and what gametype to play to enable the bot's and myself to eat..
seth270
Participator

Postby MiegaFox » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:20 am

seth270 wrote:Ok Sooo I finnallly got VT 2.0.0 working and loading but have no clue what so ever what the controls are and what gametype to play to enable the bot's and myself to eat..

when you open the game, you will have 3 window panels in a triangle shape, click on the bottom window [Settings] then click [Input] for controls, vore controls are at the bottom, to close that window you can click the x in the top right or click outside that window, click the top right for game modes and character settings [multiplayer] > [Profile], click [Create], click any game type from the list on the left, maps on the right and bot settings are below the gametype list.

once you have started a match, hold down the [i] key for game mode info, it should say "micro/macro vore" if VT is working.
Miega = asleep/sleeps... is called "SleepFox"
i like to sleep alot... *Sleeping until Proven(or Seen) Awake*
MiegaFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:26 am

MK needs to make their own thread for this. It's a pain in the butt to dig through these pages just to find out if MK has updated anything or not. Speaking of which, is MK still focusing on those animations on Patreon, or are they back to being a game dev? 100% brutal honesty incoming: I was thinking about maybe donating to their Patreon until they started making those animations full time COUGHCOUGHprobablywhytheylost200$amonthindonationsCOUGHCOUGH.
AnonymousRandomAnon
Somewhat familiar

Postby seth270 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:57 am

MiegaFox wrote:
seth270 wrote:Ok Sooo I finnallly got VT 2.0.0 working and loading but have no clue what so ever what the controls are and what gametype to play to enable the bot's and myself to eat..

when you open the game, you will have 3 window panels in a triangle shape, click on the bottom window [Settings] then click [Input] for controls, vore controls are at the bottom, to close that window you can click the x in the top right or click outside that window, click the top right for game modes and character settings [multiplayer] > [Profile], click [Create], click any game type from the list on the left, maps on the right and bot settings are below the gametype list.

once you have started a match, hold down the [i] key for game mode info, it should say "micro/macro vore" if VT is working.

yeeaaa ii figured that out
seth270
Participator

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:56 am

Hey why not Kitsune make her own thread for this stuff
So it's all right there instead of "Oh yeah on page 36" or whatever.
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AnonymousRandomAnon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:54 am

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:Hey why not Kitsune make her own thread for this stuff
So it's all right there instead of "Oh yeah on page 36" or whatever.

Definitely agree, always strange (and painful) to have threads made about a game and the game's creator doesn't even OP the thread.
AnonymousRandomAnon
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:27 am

Perhaps Eka can create a dummy first post in my name to op the thread? This thread was started years ago by someone else, I believe before I even visited those forums much... it sort of stuck ever since.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:46 pm

Okay well It would be easier to make another
Also I wanna report a glitch, when you don't get digested and kill the pred but are still stuck inside the body it spawns you at the pred when you respawn.
Once you spawn with the respawned pred they will be at 100 and you'll be at like 5 and be at a super disadvantage..
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:51 pm

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:Okay well It would be easier to make another
Also I wanna report a glitch, when you don't get digested and kill the pred but are still stuck inside the body it spawns you at the pred when you respawn.
Once you spawn with the respawned pred they will be at 100 and you'll be at like 5 and be at a super disadvantage..

I believe I've already fixed this, and it should be solved in version 2.0.1 once I release it: https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... t/issues/8
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:00 pm

Oh really an update?
huh nice

Another glitch is that the bots can kinda be stupid, as in they will try to swallow prey WAY out of their league, And for teammates they will still try and swallow you even at 200 health which is really annoying.

And Small prey will try to swallow you too when you're much larger than them, which isn't bad persay but it's just so.. annoying.. especially with the camrea snap, Also level 19 on singleplayer is terrible to play because basically the only way to kill people is to vomit them off the edge.

That also brings me to explosives and those sorts still doing so much damage from the inside! There are about 5 weapons that can do that and having all of them makes you almost immune to being digested because you'll either do enough damage to escape with how much damage they do, or you'll be killing the pred either way and the only way to die is if you're at like 20 health and a 150 comes up and swallows you, even then you'll take them down to like 80 health!
Having just Death immunity is really annoying, Plus the fact that you push preds away because even at 150 health explosive damage will blow you across the map, away from any would-be prey.
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby HyperlinkError » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:16 pm

I downloaded it and it kept crashing until it wouldn't start anymore kek
HyperlinkError
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:22 pm

HyperlinkError wrote:I downloaded it and it kept crashing until it wouldn't start anymore kek

Does normal Xonotic start? Try running VT from a command prompt and pasting the output if any.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MikhailOberchav » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:32 am

so i've pasted the link in the shortcut and gotten to the vt login screen, but when i get to the main menu my mouse freezes or something. When i have the 3 triangle screens i can't move my mouse at all, and when i go back to the vanilla xonotic it's perfectly fine. Anyone else having this issue or have a fix?
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:48 am

MikhailOberchav wrote:so i've pasted the link in the shortcut and gotten to the vt login screen, but when i get to the main menu my mouse freezes or something. When i have the 3 triangle screens i can't move my mouse at all, and when i go back to the vanilla xonotic it's perfectly fine. Anyone else having this issue or have a fix?

Do you get a "content not found" error from the engine? Also make sure you're running the release version of VT against the release of Xonotic it was intended for, which is documented on its Gitlab page: Some things might have changed and incompatibilities may emerge if so.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MikhailOberchav » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:59 pm

i think i have the latest version of each. i have version 0.8.2 of xonotic and the latest edition of vtournament and i'm not getting a content not found error. i quickly get the voretournament banner and then it goes to the main menu but i just can't get my mouse to move.
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:32 pm

MikhailOberchav wrote:i think i have the latest version of each. i have version 0.8.2 of xonotic and the latest edition of vtournament and i'm not getting a content not found error. i quickly get the voretournament banner and then it goes to the main menu but i just can't get my mouse to move.

Okay. VT 2.0.0 is supposed to work with Xonotic 0.8.2. Make sure you have the 2.0.0 release of VT, not latest Git master which is only compatible with Xonotic's own Git master... basically download it from this link:

https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... ?ref=2.0.0

Perhaps try loading up a map from the console? I'm sure Afterslime is included with Xonotic, so open the console with the ~ key and use: map afterslime
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby SpyIsSpy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:30 pm

TheBrokenOven wrote:
SpyIsSpy wrote:
a crash may be related to a different issue. Is xonotic and the mod in the same folder?

That's definitely not the problem, as instructed Vore Tournament Data is placed directly above Data, and renamed to have all extra letters and numbers erased but not edited.

Hello hello, recently joined for reasons, but that's not important

Alrighty, since you're a windows user like me (heck I have linux on my other drive), it was a pain getting this working, and it still is a pain getting everything configured from the first release of VT

Long story short, create a shortcut, (control+shift+left click) or just right click. AFTER that, right click on the shortcut, enter properties, and you will find

"C:\Users\(your name here)\Desktop\Xonotic\xonotic.exe"

now if you are still with me here, because I did not see this simple thing (I'm sorry I'm blind...) paste
-customgamedirname2 data_voretournament <--- this AFTER the "parentheses", which took me almost half an hour to figure out. I actually opened the naked .exe from a different folder and the game crashed too. I hope this helps.

Unbelievable! Little oversights like this are monstrous! Thank you so much for explaining that tiny little feature!

...On another note, though, it still crashes. I double click the shortcut, and it flat out crashes, no loading, just an immediate "stopped working" message.
And to boot, if you put a " at the end of -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament then it just runs vanilla Xonotic.
So, is it the game, my computer, or a problem with what I'm doing
SpyIsSpy
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:29 am

SpyIsSpy wrote:Unbelievable! Little oversights like this are monstrous! Thank you so much for explaining that tiny little feature!

...On another note, though, it still crashes. I double click the shortcut, and it flat out crashes, no loading, just an immediate "stopped working" message.
And to boot, if you put a " at the end of -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament then it just runs vanilla Xonotic.
So, is it the game, my computer, or a problem with what I'm doing

Please try running it from a command prompt, and post the console output at the time of the crash here.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby SpyIsSpy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:00 pm

Here's my first issue.
Now, to me, this is a complete moment of "I have NO IDEA what I'm doing at all."

However, to an experienced Command Prompt user, I best bet I look like a complete and utter idiot. So, maybe this chain of posts will help fools like me, who have no idea how a Command Prompt even functions, actually learn something

[Edit]
Hold up, I just realized there are around ten typos including naming Xonotic incorrectly as "Exotic."
I went back in and re-entered the codes with proper spelling, but the problem still is that it doesn't know what "Run" is, and I probably don't know what I'm doing either.
Attachments
The beginning.png
SpyIsSpy
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game