FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:53 pm

SpyIsSpy wrote:Here's my first issue.
Now, to me, this is a complete moment of "I have NO IDEA what I'm doing at all."

However, to an experienced Command Prompt user, I best bet I look like a complete and utter idiot. So, maybe this chain of posts will help fools like me, who have no idea how a Command Prompt even functions, actually learn something

[Edit]
Hold up, I just realized there are around ten typos including naming Xonotic incorrectly as "Exotic."
I went back in and re-entered the codes with proper spelling, but the problem still is that it doesn't know what "Run" is, and I probably don't know what I'm doing either.

No need for run IIRC, just navigate to the Xonotic directory and enter: xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Entirely_Logical » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:24 pm

I tried updating my copy of Xonotic via the .bat provided with the game and it went through and deleted all the content related to VT. Looks like I'm installing that from scratch again.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:28 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:I tried updating my copy of Xonotic via the .bat provided with the game and it went through and deleted all the content related to VT. Looks like I'm installing that from scratch again.

Huh. Never used that one, no idea what it does. In a first instance, you will want to run the "./all update" command from the root Xonotic directory from within the msys2 prompt.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby SpyIsSpy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:57 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
SpyIsSpy wrote:Here's my first issue.
Now, to me, this is a complete moment of "I have NO IDEA what I'm doing at all."

However, to an experienced Command Prompt user, I best bet I look like a complete and utter idiot. So, maybe this chain of posts will help fools like me, who have no idea how a Command Prompt even functions, actually learn something

[Edit]
Hold up, I just realized there are around ten typos including naming Xonotic incorrectly as "Exotic."
I went back in and re-entered the codes with proper spelling, but the problem still is that it doesn't know what "Run" is, and I probably don't know what I'm doing either.

No need for run IIRC, just navigate to the Xonotic directory and enter: xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament

So, after playing a fun, vanilla 100-gib round with the bots using infinite ammo sniper rifles...
I went back and tried to type the coding in PROPERLY, as I had missed the U in tournament.
Then it "crashed immediately" like I often said it did. I took the screenshot.

Oh, and if it does come up, I didn't know how to make the Command Prompt navigate to other folders, so I moved everything directly into the default selection.
Attachments
The End.png
SpyIsSpy
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:51 pm

SpyIsSpy wrote:So, after playing a fun, vanilla 100-gib round with the bots using infinite ammo sniper rifles...
I went back and tried to type the coding in PROPERLY, as I had missed the U in tournament.
Then it "crashed immediately" like I often said it did. I took the screenshot.

Oh, and if it does come up, I didn't know how to make the Command Prompt navigate to other folders, so I moved everything directly into the default selection.

Sadly I don't know what to suggest there: If it crashes immediately upon start, it might be an engine or driver issue... I can't think of anything in the mod that should be doing that. I also don't have Windows any more so no way to test exactly :(

And you navigate using the cd command. For instance, "cd Documents" should take you to the Documents directory. "cd .." can be used to go a folder back instead.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby SpyIsSpy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:18 pm

Thank you for helping me through all the difficulties, even if it seems unfixable.

Just another reason for me to gun for a brand new computer, huh? :silly:
SpyIsSpy
Been posting for a bit

Postby MikhailOberchav » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:19 pm

enjoying the game after getting it to run but i have 3 questions. first is do you have to set a key to swallow other players at start? two is there a way to disable being turned around when getting eaten? and third, can you get kills with the weapons only? So far the game runs great but I can't seem to get weapon kills, i get turned around when facing an enemy already eating me which is disorientating, and alt fire doesn't seem to do much. either way, i'm still new to the new version of vt but man am i having a blast.
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby wood249 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:37 am

Where can I download this game?
wood249
New to the forum

Postby LostSeeker » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:10 am

Heya, just wanted to get some help with being able to play this game, as I'm definitely interested in it. I've read through many of the recent posts to figure out how to install it, which, I managed to get the whole modified shortcut thing working, which it shows the splash page for Vore Tournament.

Unfortunately, I'm now stuck at the "Cursor won't move at all" problem when the game is actually running, and that's kinda one thing I wasn't able to figure out from previous forum posts... I read the thing about making sure I had the latest versions of both Xonotic and Vore Torunament, as well as downloading the version from the link from what I read here
MirceaKitsune wrote:
MikhailOberchav wrote:i think i have the latest version of each. i have version 0.8.2 of xonotic and the latest edition of vtournament and i'm not getting a content not found error. i quickly get the voretournament banner and then it goes to the main menu but i just can't get my mouse to move.

Okay. VT 2.0.0 is supposed to work with Xonotic 0.8.2. Make sure you have the 2.0.0 release of VT, not latest Git master which is only compatible with Xonotic's own Git master... basically download it from this link:

https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... ?ref=2.0.0

Perhaps try loading up a map from the console? I'm sure Afterslime is included with Xonotic, so open the console with the ~ key and use: map afterslime

Sadly, this still didn't fix the issue either...

The keybind for pulling up the console isn't working either in Vore Tournament, but is working fine in the base Xonotic if that's any information that could be useful in figuring out what's wrong.

Sorry if this is almost the same issue as someone else was having, but nevertheless, I'm afraid I'm kinda stumped here...

Edit:

Ack, it may have been a lucky guess, but I managed to get it working! There was some "update-to-autobuild.bat" thing I found, and since I figured it couldn't get any worse from not being able to be played, decided to press my luck and fire it up. It deleted the data_voretournament data file in the process of doing... whatever it did. I decided to re-insert it into the Xonotic folder once more, and it's actually working now! Hopefully this might help someone who was a bit clueless like me.

Edit #2:

Looks like I spoke too soon The anthro models are all showing up, but none of the vore stuff is working. I saw in the menu there are clearly hotkeys for them, but none of them work, and it's currently playing out like a classic "shoot em til they're dead" game (similar to default Xonotic?). I took some more time to read deeper back into the thread, and there should be a vore mutator active, but for my case, there is none. I don't see how to activate it as well, so... Some help please?

... Nevermind, I actually got the vore to work by Cloning the voretournament-qcsrc.pk3dir-master file into the data_voretournament file. Also, I learned Cloning involved dumping the folder's contents into the data_voretournament file and not chucking the folder itself into there as well, heh. :oops:

But all in all, I hope recounting my story on getting this working may help some out there who are struggling to get this to work for themselves.
Last edited by LostSeeker on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
LostSeeker
New to the forum

Postby alegalaxy123 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:44 am

MirceaKitsune, hello, I have a problem, that is that I followed all the instructions, and when I open the game, the vore tournament icon appears, but when I'm in the menu, is the xonotic menu, and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
alegalaxy123
Been posting for a bit

Postby Grimbug » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:06 pm

I don't know what to do either I'm just about ready to give up. :?
Title:Self saboteur & Aspiring pixel artist
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Postby Grimbug » Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:26 pm

could I get a step-by-step YouTube tutorial? :?:
Title:Self saboteur & Aspiring pixel artist
Grimbug
Somewhat familiar

Postby Redpod » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:39 am

Wheree i can see the tutorial?
The eeveelutions are predators
Redpod
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:56 pm

Oh wow... I forgot to update this thread for a while now. Definitely a few major things I should get back to, so I shall list them in order.

- Updated 2.0.0 download link

First of all: The mouse issue was caused by a change in GitLab, which was causing the wrong version of Vore Tournament to be downloaded. I posted an updated link, please download data_voretournament from it in order to fix this problem:

blog.php?b=38891

- Voreception

Today I'm happy to bring you a very fun change for Vore Tournament, which will be available in version 2.0.1 upon its release. It's the first time this feature is ever implemented, it has never existed in either the old VT nor the new 2.0 mod. Some of you might remember this funny little code comment from way back:

// don't allow voreception (a player inside a player inside another player)

That comment has now been changed, and so has the reality behind it: Voreception is now possible and enabled by default! Implementing it wasn't hard as this was disabled arbitrarily out of fear that it may break things... I removed the limitation and tested, and it turns out there are no negative side effects to not removing prey from other prey! Here are the differences between the past and present functionalities:

• Old functionality: You could not have prey in your stomach as long as you were the prey of another player yourself. Predators could still be eaten by other predators, however their prey was instantly regurgitated and walked free the moment the pred got swallowed.
  • New functionality: Predators now keep their prey after being eaten, meaning you can be sitting in another player's stomach while having prey in your own stomach. If you regurgitate your prey inside someone's stomach, the prey will be transferred to your predator and joins you as a belly neighbor. Note that the stomach kicks you receive from your prey don't transfer to your predator as either force nor damage, although they will deal damage to you as usual.

The screenshot showcases this change in action: As you can see, the player is inside a stomach, but also has their own stomach bulging out. The stomach HUD panel in the lower-left corner of the screen also shows the stack accordingly... in this case I was eaten by Anthro Felidae Female, while my prey are Anthro Felidae Male and Anthro Lupine Herm.

- Micro / macro bounding boxes

This is the latest major update coming to Vore Tournament 2.0.1. It once more fixes a huge limitation, which both the ancient Vore Tournament as well as VT 2.0 have been subject to. The change marks the last milestone in terms of properly implementing all of the basic and essential functionalities.

First we need to talk about how the micro / macro system used to work: As you know, players shrink and grow based on the amount of health they have. Despite looking convincing, this effect has been purely visual up until this point: The visual scale of the player model was modified, along with other effects such as the giant footsteps or changing the weight... however the real size was never actually touched. Some could probably tell this from the fact that macros always had their feet poking into the ground, whereas micros slightly floated above the floor... this was due to players being centered from the middle of their bounding box at all times.

Real scale is determined by a bounding box (mins / max vectors) which affects the collisions of the player. Changing this box to non-standard sizes has always been very tricky for characters: The old Nexuiz based VT didn't even have CSQC players (they were engine based rather than QC based) and the box is hardcoded there, thus trying to change it broke movement prediction and more. The new VT mod for Xonotic did implement the ability to change bounding boxes a while ago, but whenever I tried using it in the mod it caused players to glitch making them float or perpetually fall through the floor. There was also the problem that if a player grew while standing close to a wall, they would remain stuck in that wall forever.

Last month I had a chat with one of the core Xonotic developers about this, who helps me a lot with questions regarding the integration of my code with Xon. He explained what and how I need to change in order to resize the player's real collisions. After fiddling with the code for a while based on his advice, I finally got the bounding box working flawlessly! The visual scale is now based on the same calculation as the bounding box scale, which is itself only updated once there's enough room for a player to grow in order to avoid crushing them. For instance: If you enter a tunnel at 100 health and get 150 health but can't grow inside because the tunnel is too small, you'll instead grow once you exit the tunnel and there's enough room to do so.

In a nutshell, this modification means that a player's collisions are now also resized correctly, not just the visual model. An example of why that matters: If you were a micro before this, someone shooting above your head would deal damage because your hitbox was the same, even if you appeared smaller and visually it seemed like the shot went right past you. Oppositely if you were a macro, someone could shoot your model right in the face and the shot would go through you like a ghost without dealing damage, since once more the hitbox was that of a normally sized player. This applies not just to projectiles but everything else: Your collisions with walls and other players, the range at which you pick up items, etc... all were off even if it wasn't noticeable, now it's no longer the case.

The most important change however is how this affects navigation: Macros can no longer fit inside passages too large for them... they'll have to crouch to fit through some normal sized doors, whereas some entrances will be entirely inaccessible to them until they shrink again (you may thus have to shoot yourself if you absolutely need to take a blocked path). Oppositely, micros can now enter tight spaces and cracks that normal players cannot, allowing them to hide or perhaps even take special shortcuts that only a tiny person can use!

I chose a screenshot that nicely illustrates this in action: It shows me as a micro now able to walk under a plank resting tightly against the wall. At normal size, no player is ever capable of fitting in there, not even by crouching! But when turned into a micro, you can simply walk under that plank and even have room to move back and forth a bit!

- Other changes:

• Predators may eat dead prey laying on the ground. Note that this is only enabled in theory, the trace may fail due to Xonotic disabling collision boxes on dead bodies.
  • Don't take damage from external projectiles if prey, unless the attacker is a neighboring prey.
  • Fix the vore flash showing while prey was being healed.
  • Truly fix predator progress getting stuck in some rare circumstances. The pred ring is now copied separately instead of being set by the prey.
  • Proper branding for the menu and console, which now have the Vore Tournament logo just like the loading screen.
  • Don't allow players to fire weapons when under or over a given size. This simulates micros inability to pull the trigger once the gun becomes too big, and macros being unable to press the trigger on a tiny gun.

- Patreon

I have to additionally remind everyone this is a Patreon project, and all of those changes were only made possible thanks to your support. If you enjoy those updates and want to see more, I still need your support greatly at this point in time! Working alone on such a project is anything but easy as much as I love doing it... especially while struggling with a still very nasty financial situation which isn't making it easier to put effort into it. Please chip in anything amount you can if you're willing to help:

patreon.com/MirceaKitsune
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Entirely_Logical » Fri May 04, 2018 10:43 pm

I'm a bit iffy on removing players' ability to fire weapons based on their health, but the other changes look great. I may have lost all my old files, but when this update goes through, I'll try to get my server running again.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat May 05, 2018 6:39 am

Entirely_Logical wrote:I'm a bit iffy on removing players' ability to fire weapons based on their health, but the other changes look great. I may have lost all my old files, but when this update goes through, I'll try to get my server running again.

It was needed to fix a bug after the bounding boxes for micro / macro were implemented: Rockets fired by tiny micros would get stuck in the ground because they get fired so low the rocket intersects the ground itself. You'll only be unable to fire weapons when under 70 health... for macros the limitation is disabled by default, you can still fire at full macro.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby LostSeeker » Wed May 30, 2018 11:24 am

Though a question... Will there be other optional vore mutators to adjust how it plays out? One of the simpler options could be to disable micro/macro sizing, while another would have your character accumulate belly pudge as they successfully digest prey, making them harder to eat possibly but increasing their gravity due to weighing more which may hinder movement. After all, vore can be quite fattening!

Others could possibly consist of new game modes, such as one where the combatants can't die, but instead becomes a game of having to hold prey within you as long as possible, as a sort of "King of the Belly" mode.
LostSeeker
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed May 30, 2018 5:15 pm

LostSeeker wrote:Though a question... Will there be other optional vore mutators to adjust how it plays out? One of the simpler options could be to disable micro/macro sizing, while another would have your character accumulate belly pudge as they successfully digest prey, making them harder to eat possibly but increasing their gravity due to weighing more which may hinder movement. After all, vore can be quite fattening!

Others could possibly consist of new game modes, such as one where the combatants can't die, but instead becomes a game of having to hold prey within you as long as possible, as a sort of "King of the Belly" mode.

There are a lot of cvars you can adjust from the console to change various settings. Look inside these files for them:

https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... voreVT.cfg
https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... anceVT.cfg
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby LostSeeker » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:30 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:There are a lot of cvars you can adjust from the console to change various settings. Look inside these files for them:

https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... voreVT.cfg
https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... anceVT.cfg

Well, I managed to disable the micro/macro, but I tried toying with the settings involving digestion after the prey's been killed, and I can't seem to make it where the predator retains gut size after their prey dies, unless I do the blockspawn thing and put a high negative health digestion limit, though that's no fun for those who died to digestion and have to wait it out... If only there was a way to leave a "fake corpse" in the predator's stomach after the prey respawns from dying to digestion, that would be neat.

Sigh, I guess I'm asking for too much...
LostSeeker
New to the forum

Postby ninjajoeman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:13 am

any plans of human model mods?
ninjajoeman
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game