FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby GoddessViolet » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:37 pm

I'm pretty sure, given the fact that he's managed to create what he's created thus far, a simple if/then branch is doable. Have you ever seen a language with no such ability? I didn't think so.
GoddessViolet
Been posting for a bit

Postby Snorlaxkid » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:00 pm

GoddessViolet wrote:I'm pretty sure, given the fact that he's managed to create what he's created thus far, a simple if/then branch is doable. Have you ever seen a language with no such ability? I didn't think so.

Actually yeah, I have. And besides, she/he has yet to use a single if/then so far.
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby A Nonny Moose » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Could it be too hard? Just send allies there on default... He already had to make an eating/healing thing, would it be too hard to separate and put a different texture?
I was Miia before Miia existed!
A Nonny Moose
Somewhat familiar

Postby Snorlaxkid » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 pm

A Nonny Moose wrote:Could it be too hard? Just send allies there on default... He already had to make an eating/healing thing, would it be too hard to separate and put a different texture?

hmmmm.... >.> Maybe if there were different commands for eat/UB
Snorlaxkid
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby A Nonny Moose » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:49 pm

Also, we NEED MORE MODELS!
I was Miia before Miia existed!
A Nonny Moose
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Aah yes. I finally decided to join Aryion, and thought to leave a reply here too. I'm the developer of this project, which I started and released last autumn. I was inspired by another vore game called Voremon, which is really good and I warmly recommend it. Obviously, Vore Tournament was not made from a scratch. I forked it off an open source shooter game called Nexuiz (now Xonotic) which I've been a developer of for a few years. The goal was to make a detailed 3D game about vore (specifically furry vore) that would be playable, have several gametypes, and have enough detail and gameplay to not be just simple boring vore simulator.

I'm glad to see many people tried it, and I already know some of the concerns regarding it. The biggest is indeed the lack of player models. Unfortunately, I am a bad modeler, and had a hard time making the current vixen model as it is (which is a modification of an official female model in Nexuiz). So sadly, I can't promise more player models anytime soon... unless someone wishes to make some and propose them for inclusion. The project is open source, so any contribution is welcome and accepted. In case anyone wishes to model for VT, please let me know so I can send the Blender exporter & tools, as well as instructions on how it needs to be done for VT's engine.

Other than that, I have other things on my TODO list as well. I'm not sure when I'll be doing them, since I took a brake from development after releasing v0.4. I'm not abandoning the project, but after working for 4 months non-stop on it, I need a longer brake.

Either way, I hope you all have fun with VT and enjoy it! In case anyone wishes to chat more about it, you can find the IRC at irc.freenode.org channel #voretournament. I would appreciate any help with certain parts of it too, such as player models (please note I only accept furry ones officially), artwork (donated under GPL by any artist who wishes to, for placement around maps etc), and someone who can run and keep permanent servers for it (I don't host any official ones, but anyone can easily setup a dedicated server that will appear in the server list). Also, it would help a lot to spread the word about VT, to make it more popular and give it more players :)
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Maybe » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:21 pm

I actually modified a free model I found with permissions already a week or two ago for your game in the hopes I would find a backdoor way to add it into the game. I wasn't able to, but if you want to use it, please do! It's a generic low poly human model, so if you want modify it or add a few more layers to smooth it out.

There's models for empty, 1, 2 and 3 fullness, and a few alternates depending which suits your fancy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4863nl786ryraxh
Maybe
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:12 am

Nice. Maybe I'll check that model out, though I can't say for sure. I'm personally not into human vore, and can't say it's something I like. So I won't be adding human models officially in VT. Although, anyone can put them on their own server, and have people accessing their server to download them and therefore see them once connected. So nothing is lost or impossible otherwise.

As for adapting the model to VT, I don't know if I will adapt basic meshes not already linked to the required skeleton (for animations to work). Linking vertices to bones can be extremely painful, and I sadly can't make promises about that either (unless the model is of very high quality, so I can put in such an effort). If someone wishes to model for VT, it would be best to do that from the current vixen model (blend file for Blender included with VT). Either by modifying its mesh, or making a new mesh but linking vertices to the vertex groups of the same skeleton. Like I said, modeling and texturing are my weakest spots, so never any promises there.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:47 pm

Good news to all Vore Tournament fans! Version 0.5.0 was just released tonight, bringing a LOT of new features and improvements. Some features were back-ported from Xonotic... but hey, this is a game forked from Nexuiz which Xonotic is a continue of, so I really just updated everything :) Anyway, I'll let the release notes talk from here on:

0.5.0 Release Notes:

**** New features:

- Updated to the latest darkplaces engine, which has several changes and improvements (especially better performance compared to the previous VT engine). The 64 bit version is also stable now, compared to the engine a few months ago.

- Lots of new effects and eye candy! This includes the HUD damage blur (proposed for Xonotic too), screen splashes when damaged or in the stomach, over-bloom, and many other effects. You can also see your weapon model inside the stomach now, and Grabber alt fire now uses a swing attack. The green goo will also wash off players now, although slowly.

- When getting swallowed, the volume of sounds and music are smoothly reduced, and music is turned down. This gives a pretty cool effect.

- Special crosshair indicators. One is the "coloring by health" feature from Xonotic. The crosshair will also turn into a (!) symbol when you can swallow an enemy, a (?) symbol when you can swallow a team mate, or a (/) symbol when you cannot swallow a player, making it easier to know.

- Prey now stays in the stomach after being eaten, rather than the predator throwing up their dead body. Even while dead, victims can still see their predator's belly.

- Ambient autotaunts for predators and prey. Predators will laugh when having someone inside their belly, while prey will cry out for help.

- Re-integrated armor system. Vore Tournament now has armor as well! There are no armor pickups (and likely never will be), but armor is self-rechargeable if you don't take any damage for several seconds (similar to Halo).

- Reload system for Grabber weapon, with crosshair ring indicating load (uses my reload code from Xonotic).

- Multi-jump feature (jumping again in the air). Ported from Xonotic, original code by me. By default, you can jump a second time in the air, UT2004 style.

- True type fonts for menu and HUD, like Xonotic. MUCH prettier than the old ones.

**** Bug fixes:

- Only major bugfix I noted was a bug that VT always had. The server tried animating the stomach model like the normal player model (which is a static md3), which caused a lot of console spam. I finally managed to nail down this issue, and prevent the model from being animated. This saves a lot of console spam with "developer 1" enabled, and might prevent some deeper technical issues as well.

**** Known bugs:

- Prey staying in the stomach after they die has a bug. Sometimes, their dead body is still thrown up, and it also collides when it is. The reason for this is still unknown.

- In Keyhunt, if you are inside a player's stomach when the round starts, your team's key can still be given to you (since KH keys are only dropped when you are swallowed). Not a real bug, but it looks ugly and is incorrect. The reason for this is known, and to be fixed in a later release.

- While reloading the Grabber, you may sometimes go below 0 ammo, and be able to reload and keep going down in minus. The reason for this is still unknown.

- Swallowed players still appear on the radar. Not a bug, but it looks ugly and isn't right. To be found and fixed.

**** Planned features:

- Many players requested that swallowing is done slowly rather than instantly. Although this is harder for a 3D project, I will see what I can do in 0.6. No promises though!

- I plan to try improving the media and assets a bit in the next release. Although this depends on what content I'll have available, and to which extent I can adapt it.

End of 0.5.0 Release Notes:

Those are the main changes that come to mind. What would help a lot if anyone is willing, would be any feedback and bug testing of this version. I still don't test Multiplayer with anyone, nor can find all of the bugs by myself.

It would also help the project if players could spread the word about it! This is not a game for vore lovers only, and is currently quite advanced and fully playable for any gamer. Of course, you DO have to not mind vore and furries... but even if you're not specifically into them, VT might still be a game for you :D

Latest version can be downloaded from the SourceForge page. Either download the zip archive, or via the torrent file also posted there (if you do, please seed the torrent as well). Feel free to try it out and let me know what you think :D Have fun!

Screenshots and video below. The first two pics still contain the outdated HUD.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Video here
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Cerolas » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:05 pm

Sweet, I've been keeping my eye on this. Hoping to see servers up eventually.
Cerolas
Been posting for a bit

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:58 pm

I'm glad to see this project isn't dead but actually still roaring alive. ^.^

I'm happy to see such a wonderful game function...
Oh wait a sec.

Remind me, does this game require anything?
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Evilpancake » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:47 am

ok so is there some kind of secret im missing to getting this game to run smoothly, because it runs like molasses going uphill in January atm. Even if i turn every setting down to the minimum i get 1-2 fps, and my computer can run Mass Effect 2 on almost max settings so i KNOW it can handle this perfectly fine.

only thing i can think that might affect it is im running windows 7 64bit, /shrug
Last edited by Evilpancake on Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Firon » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:47 am

EDIT: ok I downloaded through SF instead

I can see the improvements and such and are all good.....but I was hoping you'd improve on the vore temple map as well
Firon
---

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:02 am

@ Ryan-Drakel: It is alive, sure. But since I'm the only developer, it takes a while to make new changes. As for requiring anything, no. It should even run well on old computers. And it's not a mod, but a standalone game. Just download it, unpack, and run it freely :)

@ Evilpancake: That is very weird, and I can't imagine the reason for that. Especially with minimum settings. Never happened here, nor heard about this before. I have Windows 7 x64 as well. Perhaps your video card or its driver might have an issue with the darkplaces engine, or are set to some high settings (such as Catalyst Control Center for ATI cards)?

@ Firon: I only fixed some issues with the secret area in Vore Temple. I know everyone's waiting for the NPCs to be improved, and although it's hard, I'll try to see what I can do in the future. I can't make any promises though... it's very hard to make a real NPC system for me alone (not the same as bots).
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Edward_Lapine » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:41 am

Awesome, an update. I'll have to check it out later. Very awesome, Mircea.

Though, this may or may not be a bug... and this is really nitpicking, Mircea. Not to mention, I don't know what your limits are in terms of coding and whatnot.

Usually in game modes where there's no clear objective and it's just free for all, team deathmatch, etc. I would noticed the NPC characters would usually congregate around the middle of most maps and/or they'd circle and strafe about as if they were aiming and shooting a gun of some sort at you (Like in UT, obviously). A good number of times, they won't come at you to attack you, just, circle strafe in place. They'll only attempt to attack/vore me if I get close. Then of course, this isn't all the time. I find myself observing such strange behavior... being distracted as some enemy vixen sneaks up behind me and noms me unaware :-\

Regardless, I look forward to it, and I'm already watching you on Fur Affinity!
Edward_Lapine
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:33 pm

Ok... so there's already an update again! I just released a 0.5.1 bugfix version (after releasing 0.5.0 last night), to fix the major issues listed last night. Fixes include:

- Prey not staying in the stomach after dying at times. It was caused by a VERY ugly code I used, which had an improper deadflag check in one spot and health check in another. Prolly one of my biggest recent fails in coding :P

- The issue with keyhunt keys is now fixed. If you're in a belly when your team's key is given to you, you instantly drop it. No better way I could think of, but now it works well.

- Fixed the minus ammo bug (one of the biggest issues in last night's release). It was caused by the Grabber not being force switched when having no ammo left (since VT doesn't have an infinite ammo gun like Xonotic has the laser, so there's nothing else to switch to). Due to that, the weapon could still fire when out of ammo. Ammo is now checked when firing, for each of the firing modes.

Other secondary changes apart from these fixes are also included in 0.5.1. You can no longer reload guns in a stomach, and if you are swallowed while reloading you will have to start reloading all over again once you're out. Also, players that have the spawn shield can no longer be swallowed by default (previously they could be, but digestion wouldn't harm them).

To those who downloaded 0.5.0 last night: Don't panic! The changes are few, so I'm also posting a patch that updates 0.5.0 to the new 0.5.1. Just download the patch and unpack it in last night's release. Otherwise, the latest full version is updated too. Files posted on the same SourceForge page. Keep in mind the patch is not as clean however, as it doesn't put the updated files in the data_xxxxxx.pk3 (but straight in the data folder), though otherwise it's fine.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Kitts » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:35 pm

First off, Mircea, I have to say this is an incredible project. Not only is it entertaining, but it's something incredibly 'sophisticated' for the vore community. From having played the previous version, and this newest version, I have to say the updates make a whole world of difference. Not seeing a body come flying out of your mouth when you digest someone is one heck of a great improvement, and even the mild updates (Taunting and laughing at the prey in your belly and hearing them cry for help? That is great.)

The only thing I find a little annoying about the current setup, is you take nearly as much damage digesting someone as they take while BEING digested. Get 2 prey in your belly and try to digest both, and it's just as likely they'll rip you apart rather than you actually managing to make a meal out of them.

Beyond that, the only other thing I'd like to see is a more 'in depth' RPG mode. Would be great to have objectives, or even make it where you could run around and randomly devour others (Or be devoured, if you prefer that route!). See the dialog, not have to worry so much about having your lungs kicked out, and steadily decrease the vixen population!

I'm glad this is a straight-up soft vore game. You rarely see games where there is only 'one style' of vore.

Overall, great job. I'll post more fix-its and bugs here as I come across them, when I have more time to mess around with it.

Once more, awesome work - can't see where it'll go, overall!
"If I wasn't supposed to eat you, you wouldn't be made out of food."
Kitts
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Edward_Lapine » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:57 am

Yeah, that always kinda bothered me how swallowing and digesting prey was a very taxing thing to do since the prey would do quite a bit of damage before I would digest them... leaving me at like <40 health or so... making me easy pickings for another predator to swoop by and gobble me up. I thought the "vampire" mod would solve this... as in, the predator would receiving health from digesting its prey, but it works the opposite to with the prey struggling inside! I can imagine a fox thrashing around in your stomach is gonna hurt a bit, but I feel like if I was playing this game seriously... I'm better off alt-firing that grapple gun and attacking them rather than voring them.

Once again, minor nitpicking. I love the game <3
Edward_Lapine
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:34 am

Thank you very much! I indeed did my best to make it a modern and sophisticated furry vore game, as I felt one should exist ^_^ As for the digestion and kick damage, the balance could perhaps be better. But that's easy to tweak and decide upon.

Anyway, yet another version has just been released! That's because me and other testers discovered a big issue in multiplayer earlier, that would cause players with high ping to brake animations on players who ate them. It would seem this bug always existed in VT, though I can't explain how it took place. Anyway, I did my best to secure against this issue, and my tests show it should now be fixed.

0.5.2 also fixes the timer background being positioned incorrectly when showing remaining time, and numbers in the map voting screen using the old HUD numbers which were removed. Just like 0.5.1, there is an update patch and of course a new torrent. If you still have 0.5.0 and wish to use the patches, apply the 0.5.1 patch first, then the 0.5.2 one over it.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Mech__Warrior » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:48 pm

I'd hate to sound like a nub, but do I simply extract the files to my old Vore Tournament folder?
Sorry for not posting, in college and stuff. Also, exams are this week. >.<
Mech__Warrior
???

Location: You could be proxy man. IMMA FIREWALLIN' MAH LAZOR!!

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game