FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Lucca_Manadragon wrote:I have another question, since the crash thing is a common thing upon completeing levels. My new issue is that when i try to do the instant action feature, somtimes the map doesnt load at all and tha game crashes. Is it because these maps arent done? An example is the Anharia map.

No, all of the maps are completed. It's prolly some issue when completing campaign levels or something. I never had such crashes, and don't know how to reproduce this issue nor where it could be from :(
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby asae alpha » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:06 pm

Edward_Lapine wrote:I've noticed the Vore Tournament player counter up on the top right corner of the Eka website. Anyone know how it works? I'll see like 1-3 people on it, then excitedly jump on VT, and then I find no one on any servers or whatever... how does this work? Who's on? Does that counter just count people who are in the game, but not on a server? I know this isn't a popular game, but I'd love to play with someone or a small group of people one day! <3

I can understand how you feel. I wait for hours hoping to catch someone on the server but it is rare for me to catch someone on unless it is late at night.
asae alpha
New to the forum

Postby Lucca_Manadragon » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:58 pm

hmmm that might be it, since im stuck on reslimed (lvl 3) ^..^;
"By the will of mana, I shall protect the meek and helpless" ~Lucca
Lucca_Manadragon
Participator

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Lucca_Manadragon wrote:hmmm that might be it, since im stuck on reslimed (lvl 3) ^..^;

All single player / campaign levels are completely offline (just like custom matches with bots). So there shouldn't be any connection issue there. But like I said, I sadly don't know what's causing the campaign crashes on some computers. Wish I did...
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby ArrancarX5 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:11 pm

perhaps some new vixens, with a new female voretype?

Example: Breastvore, Unbirthing, and maybe Tailvore.
ArrancarX5
---

Postby asae alpha » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:30 pm

About the player counter. I'm almost 100% sure that it counts only those in the server dedicated to here. No other server.
asae alpha
New to the forum

Postby Olive » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:43 pm

I would be happy to help bug test and play, but I can't. I still have that black and white screen and I have no idea how to get rid of it... It can't be my computer is underpowered, I'm freaking running Bioshock 2 on it's highest detail with only a pinch of lag when there's a lot of enemies. :(
Olive
Been posting for a bit

Postby Genesis Slade » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:12 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:OMG! Thank you to those who added that counter... I just seen it now! Dunno what to say ^_^ I believe it should help a lot. Does it really track the player and server count of VT though? I haven't added any server stats or anything, just the default server list that Nexuiz used too, though it could track that.

And AFAIK, few people play it online so far. We need more permanent servers and players to play on them, and any help with that is appreciated. Especially since I get to do almost no bug testing in multiplayer.

For those who don't know, setting up a dedicated server is easy: Just copy the server.cfg file from the 'server' folder to the 'data' folder, modify it to your own server name and settings, then run voretournament-dedicated.exe (x64 version if you wish and have a 64bit OS) and let the console run. Anyone should then see your server in the server list and be able to connect to it, given they have the same version of VT.

I do that different, i start the normal game, but it requires me to change the settings the way i like, each time i start again and i use the x64 version. For opening up a "server" for others to play, i had to open a specific port, setup a dyndns and the one, who joined me, didn't see my game, he had to manually enter my address, but he could join my game, the first time, we did that, we used hamachi, where he could see my game.

Mostly, when i play, i create about 4 bots with the experience fox and let them swallow me and carry me around in roleplay mode.
Things i don't like are, that, when you're in a stomach and your pred jumps alot, your camera goes outside, of course, i make it impossible to hurt the pred as prey, or to be harmed by the pred, also i make it impossible to get out at all, except you press enter.

Would be nice, if this game would have all vore types in role play mode, with the whole digestive system to go through. Also i often change the rules, so you get a frag, when being digested, fits better for the prey side(ya, i'm full willing prey :3) of course.
As long as i, the prey can be happy with what the pred does with me, i'll be sharing my happiness/joyment with him/her.
Genesis Slade
New to the forum

Postby maraudingmarauder » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:20 am

See, I go into the console and enter the following:
Code: Select all
g_balance_vore_digestion_damage 0
g_balance_vore_kick_damage_min 0
g_balance_vore_kick_damage_max 0

So you can't be hurt by digestion, nor can you hurt the person who swallowed you - but you can still kick and struggle, and eventually escape if you're lucky. Another thing to do is to tinker with the health regen (can't remember the commands) so that if you ever dip below 10 health it immediately boosts you up faster than you can be digested - pretty much like the training dummies in the tutorial. That makes it interesting 'cause while you can't be digested, you can be wasted in one hit with the grabber when you get out...
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby eatmeplease » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:23 am

How the hell do you eat people!? I'm stuck on level one! :(
eatmeplease
---

Postby maraudingmarauder » Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:39 am

eatmeplease wrote:How the hell do you eat people!? I'm stuck on level one! :(

You don't get to eat anyone until level two. Luckily the level 1 guard can't eat you either :p
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby eatmeplease » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:04 am

maraudingmarauder wrote:

You don't get to eat anyone until level two. Luckily the level 1 guard can't eat you either :p

Huh. OK. Thanks! :)
eatmeplease
---

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:58 am

You can't eat people in the first two levels of the campaign. Just use the Grabber gun's alt fire to electrify and hurt them.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby maraudingmarauder » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:48 am

Actually, now that I think about it - how about putting the training mode in as a mutator? As in, it is possible to cause damage through digestion but not enough to ever finish someone off? Cough 'em up and give 'em the old one-two with the grabber afterwards...
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:00 pm

That mod sounds like it'd be good for beginners instead of dropping them into a level 8 Arena with only a grabber.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Olive » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:13 pm

OK... I still have the messed up screen, but I've managed to start a game somehow using tab and enter... I may have a fix if someone will tell me how to use tab and enter to up my game's resolution to 1366x768. Please help?
Olive
Been posting for a bit

Postby Link13112 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:11 pm

Every time i turn this program on i get a half black half white screen does anyone know how to fix?
Link13112
Participator

Postby Lancu » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:22 pm

Found a glitch.. holding down shift (or crouching) makes it so you cant be eaten by grabber or otherwise. It only works if your on a flat surface, or below anyone trying to eat you. I suppose its a way to make single-player easier for anyone having troubles beating it, but its also in multi-player too..
Lancu
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:22 am

Lancu wrote:Found a glitch.. holding down shift (or crouching) makes it so you cant be eaten by grabber or otherwise. It only works if your on a flat surface, or below anyone trying to eat you. I suppose its a way to make single-player easier for anyone having troubles beating it, but its also in multi-player too..

I think I remember this one. You CAN still be eaten, but harder. Not sure why... perhaps the bounding box of the player changes? Though IIRC, if you crouch as well, you can also eat someone who's crouching more easily.

On a separate note, I had a suggestion about something too: VT needs more permanent dedicated servers to be running, and visible in the server list. Perhaps Eka's Portal could have its own official VT server, kept running with the main site? If Eka and the admins like VT enough, perhaps they could consider this. It might help a lot with multiplayer. What do you think?
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Raru » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Mircea, I have a suggestion for a mutator.
A "Vore princess" mode.
Like the last couple levels in the campain, you have extremely fast kicking.
But that isn't what I wanted the mutator for, mainly.
I wanted the power to hold 6 people in your belly. And unless you know how I could code that in my server via command bar, I'd love you to add this in 5.3
[image=200]https://i.imgur.com/IFalUWt.png[/image] The floofiest 'vali boyo
Raru
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game