FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:10 am

This thing needs a Tutorial.

I have no clue how to Vore someone or counter their Voring of me.

Also weren't there other models for the characters being tossed around a while back.

These one's are way too much like IRL furry suits for my tastes. Not knocking anyone for likeing that kind of thing, I'm just not into it.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:07 am

HavocLordX wrote:I just got my first "Taste" Of vore tournament multiplayer, love it....a lot. more people should join.

Postscript: I'm serious, It's fun when people get on and the gurgle-fest begins.

Lucky you; Not even I got to try multiplayer yet :P The online testing event I announced didn't end up happening, apparently because few people had the development version running and even they weren't free during the hours I'm around at.

Entirely_Logical wrote:I'm having trouble getting the server app to work with this mod now; it crashes every time I try to launch it.

Try running it from a command prompt, then paste the output here. The server is started by simply launching the -dedicated exe file with the same parameters in my instructions.

torontofan wrote:What is this all about? It's a legit game where you can eat/be eaten?

Basically yes; It's a FPS game (Quake, Unreal Tournament, etc) which also contains vore. The previous reply to this explained it nicely.

0Anesthetic4u wrote:This thing needs a Tutorial.

I have no clue how to Vore someone or counter their Voring of me.

Also weren't there other models for the characters being tossed around a while back.

These one's are way too much like IRL furry suits for my tastes. Not knocking anyone for likeing that kind of thing, I'm just not into it.

A tutorial or wiki might happen later; This is an early 2.0.0 Alpha release, and some of the mechanics aren't even fully established altogether! That is one of the things that will happen later.

The current player models are the new defaults, but a few optional model repositories exist as well. The new ones are quite realistic in my opinion, definitely more so than the previous fox model.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Entirely_Logical » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:00 pm

So the problem was apparently trying to run the game and the server from the same computer. When I start the dedicated without the game running, it starts without a problem, but then the game complains about the sessionid already being in use. If I start it with it running, it closes immediately. I'll see if I can replicate it with the game running through cmd.

Edit: Here is the anomaly; everything else comes up normal. I'm going to try removing "2" from the custom game directive in the shortcut and see what happens.

Quake Error: session lock C:\Users\zwick\Saved Games/xonotic/lock could not be acquired. Please run with -sessionid and an unique session name.

Edit 2: No change there.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:54 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:So the problem was apparently trying to run the game and the server from the same computer. When I start the dedicated without the game running, it starts without a problem, but then the game complains about the sessionid already being in use. If I start it with it running, it closes immediately. I'll see if I can replicate it with the game running through cmd.

Edit: Here is the anomaly; everything else comes up normal. I'm going to try removing "2" from the custom game directive in the shortcut and see what happens.

Quake Error: session lock C:\Users\zwick\Saved Games/xonotic/lock could not be acquired. Please run with -sessionid and an unique session name.

Edit 2: No change there.

Ah, yes... I can vaguely remember; You need to start the server executable with a different session ID, if you plan on playing the game at the same time. I ran into this problem briefly long ago, but sadly didn't take any notes on it.

And no, don't remove the 2 from that parameter; That only says it's the second data directory being loaded. Doing that probably causes "data" to not be loaded at all, and VT can't run without the Xonotic assets.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby seth270 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:08 pm

Haysack wrote:
Aickavon12 wrote:FIGURED IT OUT!

"xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament". is incorrect

"xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 "data_voretournament" is correct

"xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament works fine in windows 10 too.

the Heck does One put this command in i'm as Stumped as anyone is it the actual Propteries page in the folder or the game cause it doesn't let me do it either way
seth270
Participator

Postby Haysack » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:52 pm

seth270 wrote:
Haysack wrote:
Aickavon12 wrote:FIGURED IT OUT!

"xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament". is incorrect

"xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 "data_voretournament" is correct

"xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament works fine in windows 10 too.

the Heck does One put this command in i'm as Stumped as anyone is it the actual Propteries page in the folder or the game cause it doesn't let me do it either way

You create a short cut to the exe first. Then in the field that says Target you will find "c:\thebestvorepfsever\Xoic\Xonotic\xonotic.exe" ( or what you named the folder to install into ^^ )

After the " in that line you add -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament

Now click ok to save the short cut and then double click it and VT should start up.
/Best regards Haysack (aka Swedish horse nommer )
Haysack
Been posting for a bit

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:08 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:A tutorial or wiki might happen later; This is an early 2.0.0 Alpha release, and some of the mechanics aren't even fully established altogether! That is one of the things that will happen later.

The current player models are the new defaults, but a few optional model repositories exist as well. The new ones are quite realistic in my opinion, definitely more so than the previous fox model.

How do I use those other models? And yeah thats Kind of the problem. These models look too much like real Fur Suits. I'm not into fur suits so it's just a turn off to see things that resemble them so closely.

Wasn't there a Renamon model a little while ago?

Also, What are the controls?

I mean telling me there is no tutorial, which I already knew, does not help me know what buttons to press to play the game.

Also, should all the characters be running around with guns and rocket launchers?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RC8015 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:43 am

You have to set new buttons in the controll settings in order to vore someone. So just go to your key bindings ingame and set the buttons you want to vore some, feed yourself to someone, digest prey inside you or spit them back up.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:13 am

seth270 wrote:the Heck does One put this command in i'm as Stumped as anyone is it the actual Propteries page in the folder or the game cause it doesn't let me do it either way

Please see the discussion in the last two pages of this thread, including the reply above. You create a shortcut to the executable, edit its properties, and add the parameters at the end of the field where the exe file is mentioned.

0Anesthetic4u wrote:How do I use those other models?

Uh... I never really made instructions for those. Basically go to https://gitlab.com/voretournament Click on every repository starting with vmdl in its name, then find the download icon on it (look around the upper-right side of the page). Extract the directory and once again remove any extras from the folder name so that it ends in pk3dir. Then simply copy it into your "data" folder (not "data_voretournament", the models are Xonotic compatible too) and it should work.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby GramzonTheDragon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:16 pm

Okay... finally tried it out.

Have a few questions.

1. is there a way to prevent the HUD shutting off when damaged? Or at least let it return after picking up armor or something? It's really annoying to be robbed of most of your information like ammo and base health. It's nice to know when you have enough health to get away with actually eating a person without getting kicked to pieces by your prey who had the same amount or more of HP. Which leads into the second point...
2. Every time I eat a bot as base size vs base size, I die a horrible death as they kill me from inside, when it seems like this shouldn't be the case? It's vore... and i like same size! Like.. maybe increase the health gain from digestion? Right now you can almost forget about multiprey, and finishing off someone with similar health will leave you tiny and in need of a medpack that's hard to access when you move at a crawl. And it even seems some dead bots are still causing damage after death. I also notice when i have a power weapon it seems to make it much easier to just eviscerate any would-be predator.
3. Can we tone down the speed loss from shrinking? or even have an option to disable size increase and decrease? Narrowly digesting a meal doesn't give you enough health back to get to 100 and so you move like a turtle trying to find a healthpack, and your weapons can't reduce anyone below 100 hp so you can't even vore your way to new health without being killed.
4. Can we get a quick gameplay guide for the mechanics? Like how weapons and health and armor interact with the vore system.

it's a nice start for sure, now if only the base game had a better third person camera. to see the guts.

5. Edit, you told me on FA that the default viewmodels were sfw, but there are definitely bits there on the male and herm ones. Speaking of which, is there a setting to restrict which genders are present?
GramzonTheDragon
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:02 am

GramzonTheDragon wrote:Okay... finally tried it out.

Have a few questions.

1. Set the cvar "cl_power 0".
2. Smaller prey does less kick damage, larger prey does more. Also remember that if the prey keeps a projectile weapon after being eaten, they can also use that to do additional damage.
3. Might tweak that and other settings later, but currently I'm okay with this speed. I need to strike a good balance between gameplay and some degree realism.
4. This is an early alpha, and many of the features are not yet established. An official wiki or guide or tutorial will have to happen later on.
5. The default player models are NSFW as they are nude. There are alternate ones, which you can download and install from https://gitlab.com/voretournament (vmdl-*).
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby FFSM3 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Can you make it more then six people in 1 belly? ;p bassically true last pred standing? :p
FFSM3
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:08 pm

FFSM3 wrote:Can you make it more then six people in 1 belly? ;p bassically true last pred standing? :p

Can probably be tweaked using cvars, namely weight and max-load related ones. Honestly though that's a lot, some servers don't have over 8 players in total :P
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Entirely_Logical » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:56 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
Entirely_Logical wrote:I know "mah immersions" are a thing, but that sudden locking of the camera in the opposite direction of someone who's eating you needs to not happen. More often than not it's disorienting and disruptive to the flow of gameplay.

Actually I found this to be a bit annoying as well. I still kept it enabled by default because it's more realistic, and also made it feel like the predator has more control over you. It's also logical because you see the mouth overlay covering you from behind, so it's natural that you are spun around to face the opposite way of your predator.

The spinning only happens when a pred first begins swallowing you; If you already have some swallow progress then it won't do that. The problem there is that bots are very good at aiming, as they use math rather than a hand controlling a mouse... so in bot games this makes the player a lot weaker since they can rarely strike first.

Now I'm REALLY annoyed by this, because while I seem to be able to turn it off on the client side, server side it's another story; changing the cvar in server.cfg apparently does absolutely nothing. Meanwhile, bots are unaffected by it.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:35 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
seth270 wrote:the Heck does One put this command in i'm as Stumped as anyone is it the actual Propteries page in the folder or the game cause it doesn't let me do it either way

Please see the discussion in the last two pages of this thread, including the reply above. You create a shortcut to the executable, edit its properties, and add the parameters at the end of the field where the exe file is mentioned.

0Anesthetic4u wrote:How do I use those other models?

Uh... I never really made instructions for those. Basically go to https://gitlab.com/voretournament Click on every repository starting with vmdl in its name, then find the download icon on it (look around the upper-right side of the page). Extract the directory and once again remove any extras from the folder name so that it ends in pk3dir. Then simply copy it into your "data" folder (not "data_voretournament", the models are Xonotic compatible too) and it should work.

So I did what you said, and put them in the Xonotic Data Folder. Which I'm a little worried about because they are litterally the only folders in that folder. Everything else is a .pk3 file

Still nothing happened. I don't know if there is some menu I need to go into to select them but the don't show up.

Here are the file names I gave them just to make sure you know I'm doing it right

vmdl-krystal.pk3dir
vmdl-renamon.pk3dir

Also the Readme tells me to put it into the VoreTournament folder.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:07 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:So I did what you said, and put them in the Xonotic Data Folder. Which I'm a little worried about because they are litterally the only folders in that folder. Everything else is a .pk3 file

Still nothing happened. I don't know if there is some menu I need to go into to select them but the don't show up.

Here are the file names I gave them just to make sure you know I'm doing it right

vmdl-krystal.pk3dir
vmdl-renamon.pk3dir

Also the Readme tells me to put it into the VoreTournament folder.

If you renamed them that way and put them in the data folder, they should work. You can put those in either data or data_voretournament, as the models are compatible with both vanilla Xonotic and Vore Tournament.

Please cycle through the characters in the character selection screen, which is the rightmost tab in the same window as the server list. For bots you'll need to make a custom bots.txt file (don't edit that file but make a copy instead), and define your own bots there... I'll add bots for these characters in their repositories later on.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Entirely_Logical » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:01 am

Here's a bug report! When a predator dies with prey inside them, instead of popping out where the predator was killed when they finally escape, prey instantly teleport to where the predator spawns instead.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:18 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:Here's a bug report! When a predator dies with prey inside them, instead of popping out where the predator was killed when they finally escape, prey instantly teleport to where the predator spawns instead.

Hmmm... interesting. I never noticed that but I can see why it happens; Prey is ejected from a dead predator when it respawns, while regurgitation is always done at the current location of the predator. I thought the respawn code executes before the pred actually spawns, but from what you're saying it might be before... so we might be getting the wrong position there. Will think of a fix, in the meantime putting this on the bug tracker (issue #8).
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Entirely_Logical » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Having experimented a bit with the extra models on serverside, I'm curious if anyone's working on other customs.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:Having experimented a bit with the extra models on serverside, I'm curious if anyone's working on other customs.

Highly doubt it; There's a whole procedure to making a fully working VT model, and currently I created no instructions for that. I might make plans for a few new customs later on however.
MirceaKitsune
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game