FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:55 am

Zhao wrote:I am running the voretournament-windows.cmd, is the mutator supposed to be select-able, or should it activate automatically?

Automatically, it should be working in that case. Press the "i" key during a match: The message should list "vore" and "macro" in the mutator string.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Zhao » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:17 am

damn, I don't know why it's not working for me then. I dragged the contents of Xonotic to "my games" folder, then dropped the contents of Vore Tournaments into the main directory and changed the name to how it supposed to be.
Then I just just ran the cmd and started a multiplayer with bots on godlike difficulty, and no vore mutator activated while changing nothing else.
It sounds like that should be all there is, but it's not working.
This happened to me with the last version, and somehow I got it to work through troubleshooting. The damnedest thing is I have no of way researching what I did, and by the looks of it I didn't seek help in this post like I thought I did in the past.

Does it sound like I am missing anything from my steps? doesn't seem like I am though...
Zhao
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:14 am

Zhao wrote:Does it sound like I am missing anything from my steps? doesn't seem like I am though...

That description sounds rather odd. You simply need to put data_voretournament in the directory where you installed Xonotic (next to data and xonotic.exe) then run the cmd script in it.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Zhao » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:41 am

Actually it's just like how you worded it, I probably overdid my description of that part a little. The data_voretournament in is the same directory as the executable and the data folder of xonotic (along with Docs, gmqcc, misc, server and other folders and several different xonotic exe's), I even tried moving it around to see if it runs but it doesn't, so that step must be ok.
I even tried running the cmd as administrator but the mutator still won't activate.
Now that I'm thinking about it, with there being so many different exe's (there's the main one, a dedicated exe, wgl and x86 exe's) I wonder if i should delete some of those, but I don't think that would interfere with an activator.
But if it's working for others I must be doing something wrong, lots of troubleshooting...
Zhao
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:10 am

No... the exe files don't conflict, deleting anything could break the game. I'm confused why it might be doing that. Feel free to share a screenshot of the directory if you want, just to make sure nothing obvious is wrong.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Zhao » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:27 am

Sure, I will have do the screenshot tomorrow though as I am out of time. Thanks for the help too.
Zhao
Been posting for a bit

Postby Entirely_Logical » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:39 am

Zhao wrote:Does anyone remember the solution to this -
So i can get into the game fine, i can start a multiplayer with bots, but the ability to vore is not there. And the bots can't do it, they only shoot, and if that is taken away from them, then they only run around.
I remember having this problem, as well as others, in the last version back sometime ago.
I recall finally getting it to work, but i have since deleted the older version months ago. I recall something about a vore mutator, but that does not show in the mutators for me, only the original one, I'm not certain if that was the issue or not.

I also noticed someone mentioned that no one can be killed by weapons( won't damage you past 100 health) but bots still die by them in my game.
I should mention I am running 2.01 and Xonotic 0.8.2, on the github page is says for 0.8.3, but I can find that anywhere, even on the main website. Is there such a thing a Xonotic 0.8.3?

Just to add from looking through recent posts, the vore keys are bound, and while pressing "i" during multiplayer, the vore mutator is not available for some reason.

Regarding the bot thing, they cannot be on difficulty 0 for them to work. Frankly, I had to max out their difficulty to make to make them worth playing against.

Anyway, I now have a different issue regarding player models. Namely that, when a human player is swallowed, the predator's model disappears, leaving the prey model hovering awkwardly in the air. Furthermore, eating a human player results in seeing their model clipping through one's own while in first person camera. Is there something that can be done server or client-side to fix this?
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby Entirely_Logical » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:10 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:Regarding the bot thing, they cannot be on difficulty 0 for them to work. Frankly, I had to max out their difficulty to make to make them worth playing against.

Anyway, I now have a different issue regarding player models. Namely that, when a human player is swallowed, the predator's model disappears, leaving the prey model hovering awkwardly in the air. Furthermore, eating a human player results in seeing their model clipping through one's own while in first person camera. Is there something that can be done server or client-side to fix this?

Having done some testing with the help of a few players, it seems to be tied to the camera itself; if the prey's camera is set to first-person, it causes the pred's model - or anyone else's for that matter - to disappear, but on 3rd person it works fine.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:Having done some testing with the help of a few players, it seems to be tied to the camera itself; if the prey's camera is set to first-person, it causes the pred's model - or anyone else's for that matter - to disappear, but on 3rd person it works fine.

Yes, it's set to work that way. I tested 1st and 3rd person cameras in various circumstances, and they should be working fine. If the alpha of the stomach model is set to 0, you would see neighboring prey as floating.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Entirely_Logical » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:17 pm

I don't think I described it quite well enough. I'm saying that when a player is in first person, and they get swallowed, all other player models visually disappear, though they're still present as entities within the game; just invisible. From the outside, the predator has vanished, leaving the prey floating around awkwardly. It's worth noting that this does not happen with all players on all maps, but it is consistent enough to be concerning.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:27 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:I don't think I described it quite well enough. I'm saying that when a player is in first person, and they get swallowed, all other player models visually disappear, though they're still present as entities within the game; just invisible. From the outside, the predator has vanished, leaving the prey floating around awkwardly. It's worth noting that this does not happen with all players on all maps, but it is consistent enough to be concerning.

Outside players are hidden to prey and vice versa. When you're looking from the outside you should not be seeing that; You can only do such a thing in 3rd person mode (chase_active) which is configured to make the players render properly again.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby RakeVuri » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:36 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:I don't think I described it quite well enough. I'm saying that when a player is in first person, and they get swallowed, all other player models visually disappear, though they're still present as entities within the game; just invisible. From the outside, the predator has vanished, leaving the prey floating around awkwardly. It's worth noting that this does not happen with all players on all maps, but it is consistent enough to be concerning.

I think I've run into a similar bug, but I thought it was only because of using the "-sessionid" parameter so I could run two instances on the same PC. Lemme get a screenshot of one of the things that happens.

On the host instance, if the host devours the other instance, this is visible in first person on the host:
[reimg=600,500]https://i.imgur.com/mqagCZl.jpg[/reimg]

If the client devours the host, this is visible on the host.
[reimg=600,500]https://i.imgur.com/rPkXS73.png[/reimg]

Does this seem familiar?
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby Entirely_Logical » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:12 pm

RakeVuri wrote:

I think I've run into a similar bug, but I thought it was only because of using the "-sessionid" parameter so I could run two instances on the same PC. Lemme get a screenshot of one of the things that happens.

On the host instance, if the host devours the other instance, this is visible in first person on the host:
[reimg=600,500]https://i.imgur.com/mqagCZl.jpg[/reimg]

If the client devours the host, this is visible on the host.
[reimg=600,500]https://i.imgur.com/rPkXS73.png[/reimg]

Does this seem familiar?

Very. Seen by a third party, it would look like the prey floating around floating over the hitsparks from the predator's steps, but with no predator in sight.

You could probably see it for yourself by using another -sessionid instance.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:39 am

One thing I'm noticing in that screenshot is that both the pred and prey have the same name and colors. Somehow you might have gotten Xonotic to see two players with the same entnum (ID)... could be a side effect of messing with -sessionid perhaps? I know that in normal games this doesn't happen, and I have no idea what they might have changed that could lead to such weirdness at the moment. I'd advice against joining your own server from the same machine multiple times though.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Entirely_Logical » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:28 am

Except that it does happen in normal games, I've seen it happen so many times already on the server that I have set up.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby SquishySofty » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:50 am

I've played the older version of Vore Tournament, and it's good to be back to playing this game ❤

So, while it was my first time downloading the recent build of Vore Tournament, mostly everything was working. Except there is no Micro/Macro and Vore Mutators. I think i know why.

In the Gitlab, i was downloading the MASTER tag and not the 2.0.1 tag. I was stupid to realize it. :lol:

I downloaded the tagged 2.0.1 in the Gitlab, and everything is working as it should be. Just wish they were more models. :-D
Not feeling so well, don't expect much of me...
SquishySofty
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Entirely_Logical » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:28 pm

Here is a series of screenshots showing the bug from various perspectives and, probably more importantly, with different players. Particularly, this only happens with players in first person, probably because the bots don't actually have a camera.
Attachments
1stpersonpred.png
1stpersonprey.png
3rdpersonpred.png
3rdpersonprey.png
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby RakeVuri » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:03 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:Here is a series of screenshots showing the bug from various perspectives and, probably more importantly, with different players. Particularly, this only happens with players in first person, probably because the bots don't actually have a camera.

I notice those are all taken from your perspective. Are you hosting the server locally; as in did you create the server ingame and have them join?
And does the other player see everything going wonky?

In my experience with sessionid, the host instance is the one that sees all the graphical weirdness, the client instance sees everything normally. In fact, if the host eats the client, then the client's choice of first/third person affects if the host can see the body floating on top of them.
Attachments
xonotic_2019-08-01_11-00-53.jpg
xonotic_2019-08-01_11-00-58.jpg
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby Entirely_Logical » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:19 pm

While I am the one hosting the server via a separate instance using sessionID, that shouldn't somehow affect almost ALL player v. player interaction. Unfortunately, the only way to definitively test would be to use a listen server over LAN, and that's... not exactly practical.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:52 pm

https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... ain.qc#L25

This paragraph of code is responsible for customizing the player models, hiding prey from outside observers and vice versa. If anyone has the development version, feel free to mess with it and possibly make a pull request if you find a solution. Just be careful to test everything if you do... including how the system behaves when chase_active is enabled, spectating both pred and prey players to see their perspectives, as well as making sure that prey can see other prey inside the same stomach but no one else. Some clarification on what's happening there:

• "client" refers to the viewer.
  • "this" refers to the player being viewed, which we're deciding whether to hide or show.
  • "CS(client).cvar_chase_active" is true when the viewer's 3rd person camera is active and false when they're in 1st person mode.
  • "STAT(VORE_PRED, *)" represents the entnum of *'s predator. The entnum is an unique number identifying each player. Note: This value is negative if the pred is only swallowing the prey and hasn't yet eaten them.
  • "this.alpha = -1" is the decision to hide the player. The engine treats 0 alpha as 1 while -1 alpha is 0.

I can't test something I can't replicate nor logically explain at the moment, especially now that I'm busy with other things and can't attend to VT for a while. So all I can do at the moment is offer those hints for others.
MirceaKitsune
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game