FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby latious34 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:05 pm

Just asking because it seems close to working but i can't seem to use any of the commands. I've installed it (at least i think i have with a different loading symbol and player models) but i can't seem to swallow bots or anything like that(nor do they swallow anything). Is there an option i need to enable or anything?
latious34
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:28 pm

latious34 wrote:Just asking because it seems close to working but i can't seem to use any of the commands. I've installed it (at least i think i have with a different loading symbol and player models) but i can't seem to swallow bots or anything like that(nor do they swallow anything). Is there an option i need to enable or anything?

Make sure the custom keybinds VT uses didn't become unset. This is a bug when you run vanilla Xonotic before running Vore Tournament. The solution and defaults should be in a previous comment here (I have to post about this one a lot).
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby TheBrokenOven » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:10 pm

SpyIsSpy wrote:
a crash may be related to a different issue. Is xonotic and the mod in the same folder?

That's definitely not the problem, as instructed Vore Tournament Data is placed directly above Data, and renamed to have all extra letters and numbers erased but not edited.

Hello hello, recently joined for reasons, but that's not important

Alrighty, since you're a windows user like me (heck I have linux on my other drive), it was a pain getting this working, and it still is a pain getting everything configured from the first release of VT

Long story short, create a shortcut, (control+shift+left click) or just right click. AFTER that, right click on the shortcut, enter properties, and you will find

"C:\Users\(your name here)\Desktop\Xonotic\xonotic.exe"

now if you are still with me here, because I did not see this simple thing (I'm sorry I'm blind...) paste
-customgamedirname2 data_voretournament <--- this AFTER the "parentheses", which took me almost half an hour to figure out. I actually opened the naked .exe from a different folder and the game crashed too. I hope this helps.
TheBrokenOven
New to the forum

Postby TheBrokenOven » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm also currently looking for a way to get the custom mod to only show up, such as map and controls because the entire game is kind of a mess with all weapons open. But I do want to expand on the game more with creating 3D characters. I can use blender and 3dsmax, but again, I'm still practically new to the 3D world, and I really wanted to make my own fps until I ran into this gem.
TheBrokenOven
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:35 pm

TheBrokenOven wrote:I'm also currently looking for a way to get the custom mod to only show up, such as map and controls because the entire game is kind of a mess with all weapons open. But I do want to expand on the game more with creating 3D characters. I can use blender and 3dsmax, but again, I'm still practically new to the 3D world, and I really wanted to make my own fps until I ran into this gem.

You can look at the source of the original anthro characters over here: https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... thro.blend I don't yet have a tutorial on how to make your own characters, that is a target for later at best. Unfortunately you'll have to play around with the exporter and see which settings work (sometimes materials aren't named correctly) then learn how to position the special models and what not.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby TheBrokenOven » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:29 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
TheBrokenOven wrote:I'm also currently looking for a way to get the custom mod to only show up, such as map and controls because the entire game is kind of a mess with all weapons open. But I do want to expand on the game more with creating 3D characters. I can use blender and 3dsmax, but again, I'm still practically new to the 3D world, and I really wanted to make my own fps until I ran into this gem.

You can look at the source of the original anthro characters over here: https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... thro.blend I don't yet have a tutorial on how to make your own characters, that is a target for later at best. Unfortunately you'll have to play around with the exporter and see which settings work (sometimes materials aren't named correctly) then learn how to position the special models and what not.

Oh you don't have to worry about that, I can either use the base character by importing the model and then messing around to make it into something else or I can just make one from scratch using my own sketched character. I meant the mod itself, such as menus and weapons. I have your original game now so I can find a way to mess around with that and see if I can't make VT 2.0 behave a certain way. That jump you made from the stand alone game to the Xonotic mod was a huge leap. It's great but also flawed. But I know you have that under control, I want to try and see if I can help out (maybe) and maybe insert more character design because I plan on using unity or the unreal engine for a different reason. I am just not good at coding as I am with drawing and modeling (kinda).
TheBrokenOven
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:10 am

TheBrokenOven wrote:Oh you don't have to worry about that, I can either use the base character by importing the model and then messing around to make it into something else or I can just make one from scratch using my own sketched character. I meant the mod itself, such as menus and weapons. I have your original game now so I can find a way to mess around with that and see if I can't make VT 2.0 behave a certain way. That jump you made from the stand alone game to the Xonotic mod was a huge leap. It's great but also flawed. But I know you have that under control, I want to try and see if I can help out (maybe) and maybe insert more character design because I plan on using unity or the unreal engine for a different reason. I am just not good at coding as I am with drawing and modeling (kinda).

Note that I may not include new characters by default. As mods however, sure thing! Also remember to make sure the models and textures are GPL compatible (CC0, CC-BY, or GPL).

Please see the latest posts in this thread for discussion on some of the most common problems with running the mod (most notably the shortcut parameters). I don't know if I can include Windows shortcuts in Git, which are agnostic to the full path where the directory is located... I hope I can find a better way to fix this as well someday.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby TheBrokenOven » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:54 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
TheBrokenOven wrote:Oh you don't have to worry about that, I can either use the base character by importing the model and then messing around to make it into something else or I can just make one from scratch using my own sketched character. I meant the mod itself, such as menus and weapons. I have your original game now so I can find a way to mess around with that and see if I can't make VT 2.0 behave a certain way. That jump you made from the stand alone game to the Xonotic mod was a huge leap. It's great but also flawed. But I know you have that under control, I want to try and see if I can help out (maybe) and maybe insert more character design because I plan on using unity or the unreal engine for a different reason. I am just not good at coding as I am with drawing and modeling (kinda).

Note that I may not include new characters by default. As mods however, sure thing! Also remember to make sure the models and textures are GPL compatible (CC0, CC-BY, or GPL).

Please see the latest posts in this thread for discussion on some of the most common problems with running the mod (most notably the shortcut parameters). I don't know if I can include Windows shortcuts in Git, which are agnostic to the full path where the directory is located... I hope I can find a better way to fix this as well someday.

That is my goal, well at least for the models, leaving them as mods so people can experiment because I suck at everything else :silly: and with windows, I see why you'd rather work with linux, it's got a better platform with pathing files, but windows, it's a cruel cruel system, isn't it? Well I'd love to see this development of your game, loved the first early releases and the new release (with it's funny bugs)
TheBrokenOven
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:35 pm

TheBrokenOven wrote:That is my goal, well at least for the models, leaving them as mods so people can experiment because I suck at everything else :silly: and with windows, I see why you'd rather work with linux, it's got a better platform with pathing files, but windows, it's a cruel cruel system, isn't it? Well I'd love to see this development of your game, loved the first early releases and the new release (with it's funny bugs)

The new VT works on both Windows + Linux + Mac. You just need to launch the executable with the custom parameters included, and of course that procedure differs. It should however be easy on each platform, just make a shortcut and edit :)
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MiegaFox » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:40 am

Not sure if its just on my end, but for what ever reason i noticed the Renamon and Krystal Bots do nothing but walk around and collect things until they ether die by a hazard or get eaten... (finally got around to updating the game and getting the extra characters "to work with bots") interaction attempts, such as feed, prompts a text pop us saying "Predator not using a player model that includes Predator Assets" and enabling team games doesn't change anything.

any idea on whats up? iv tried looking at the classic fox files (they seem to know what to do) for any helpful indication but its all pretty much over my head and looks no different to me...
Miega = asleep/sleeps... is called "SleepFox"
i like to sleep alot... *Sleeping until Proven(or Seen) Awake*
MiegaFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:21 am

MiegaFox wrote:Not sure if its just on my end, but for what ever reason i noticed the Renamon and Krystal Bots do nothing but walk around and collect things until they ether die by a hazard or get eaten... (finally got around to updating the game and getting the extra characters "to work with bots") interaction attempts, such as feed, prompts a text pop us saying "Predator not using a player model that includes Predator Assets" and enabling team games doesn't change anything.

any idea on whats up? iv tried looking at the classic fox files (they seem to know what to do) for any helpful indication but its all pretty much over my head and looks no different to me...

Are you sure it's only those bots? If so, look in the custom bots.txt file at the end: The last 4 numbers (bot skills) are vore related, the only reason is that they may have been turned down.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MiegaFox » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:07 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
MiegaFox wrote:Not sure if its just on my end, but for what ever reason i noticed the Renamon and Krystal Bots do nothing but walk around and collect things until they ether die by a hazard or get eaten... (finally got around to updating the game and getting the extra characters "to work with bots") interaction attempts, such as feed, prompts a text pop us saying "Predator not using a player model that includes Predator Assets" and enabling team games doesn't change anything.

Are you sure it's only those bots? If so, look in the custom bots.txt file at the end: The last 4 numbers (bot skills) are vore related, the only reason is that they may have been turned down.

The bots.txt I used to add them in is a copy of the normal bots just with the name/ID changed and no other edits, so it would look exactly like this for example:
Code: Select all
Renamon   renamon   1   -1   -1   0   0   -1   -1   -1   0   2   0   1   0   2   -1   -1   0.5   0.5   0.5   0.5
MiegaFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:56 pm

MiegaFox wrote:The bots.txt I used to add them in is a copy of the normal bots just with the name/ID changed and no other edits, so it would look exactly like this for example:
Renamon   renamon   1   -1   -1   0   0   -1   -1   -1   0   2   0   1   0   2   -1   -1   0.5   0.5   0.5   0.5

Okay. There should be no problem then. Maybe it's just coincidence that you aren't seeing them eat anyone?

Only other explanation would be some of the vore assets missing. You might want to re-check the Git repositories of those models, and make sure there are no errors when downloading the files.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MiegaFox » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:58 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
MiegaFox wrote:The bots.txt I used to add them in is a copy of the normal bots just with the name/ID changed and no other edits, so it would look exactly like this for example:

Okay. There should be no problem then. Maybe it's just coincidence that you aren't seeing them eat anyone?

Only other explanation would be some of the vore assets missing. You might want to re-check the Git repositories of those models, and make sure there are no errors when downloading the files.

Tried that, its weird because its only the Krystal and renamon skins not the classic fox skins which you would think they would have the same issue too but they don't, the classic fox skin bots can eat, be eaten or be force fed (feed your self to it) but the other two they can only be eaten, they ignore anything that isn't an item they can pick up or apart of the map and I cant even feed my self to them which results in that "Predator not using a player model that includes Predator Assets" to pop up above the crosshair, sorry about the lack of details regarding this as that's the only clue I have regarding the problem...
MiegaFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:54 am

MiegaFox wrote:Tried that, its weird because its only the Krystal and renamon skins not the classic fox skins which you would think they would have the same issue too but they don't, the classic fox skin bots can eat, be eaten or be force fed (feed your self to it) but the other two they can only be eaten, they ignore anything that isn't an item they can pick up or apart of the map and I cant even feed my self to them which results in that "Predator not using a player model that includes Predator Assets" to pop up above the crosshair, sorry about the lack of details regarding this as that's the only clue I have regarding the problem...

Please look at the following file lists:

https://gitlab.com/voretournament/vmdl- ... els/player

If you go to the relative directories on your drive, do you see every file listed there present? Namely *_body.* *_mouth.* *_state#.* (where # is 1 2 and 3). If you're missing any files you have an incomplete Git checkout, re-clone those repos from Gitlab. If not then I seriously have no idea what it could be.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MiegaFox » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:04 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
MiegaFox wrote:Tried that, its weird because its only the Krystal and renamon skins not the classic fox skins which you would think they would have the same issue too but they don't, the classic fox skin bots can eat, be eaten or be force fed (feed your self to it) but the other two they can only be eaten, they ignore anything that isn't an item they can pick up or apart of the map and I cant even feed my self to them which results in that "Predator not using a player model that includes Predator Assets" to pop up above the crosshair, sorry about the lack of details regarding this as that's the only clue I have regarding the problem...

Please look at the following file lists:

If you go to the relative directories on your drive, do you see every file listed there present? Namely *_body.* *_mouth.* *_state#.* (where # is 1 2 and 3). If you're missing any files you have an incomplete Git checkout, re-clone those repos from Gitlab. If not then I seriously have no idea what it could be.

i did check to make sure the one i had was the 'uptodate' version so i don't think im missing anything...

i probably need to just redownload and recompile everything from scratch like i original had used to and see if that makes a difference, as i recall i had done that shortcut someone mentioned some time ago where you just download the rar's drag/drop to where ever they have to go and make a xonotic shortcut with the " -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament" parameters... so i don't know if that has anything to do with it...

but yeah i don't know... something with those models (on my end atleast) just don't work... i assume they normally do work fine for other people... because if i use the skins as my active player skin they work absolutely fine... but if a bot using one of the skins enters the game they just Derp and wonder till they get eaten or kill them self because of this missing "Predator Assets" thing... what ever that's trying to refer to... :l
MiegaFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:20 am

MiegaFox wrote:i did check to make sure the one i had was the 'uptodate' version so i don't think im missing anything...

i probably need to just redownload and recompile everything from scratch like i original had used to and see if that makes a difference, as i recall i had done that shortcut someone mentioned some time ago where you just download the rar's drag/drop to where ever they have to go and make a xonotic shortcut with the " -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament" parameters... so i don't know if that has anything to do with it...

but yeah i don't know... something with those models (on my end atleast) just don't work... i assume they normally do work fine for other people... because if i use the skins as my active player skin they work absolutely fine... but if a bot using one of the skins enters the game they just Derp and wonder till they get eaten or kill them self because of this missing "Predator Assets" thing... what ever that's trying to refer to... :l

One thing you can do to be sure it's not the models, is selecting them from the player settings menu: If as a player you can eat people with them, the models are okay... if not you should get an error message complaining about missing assets. Use "chase_active 1" to see yourself in 3rd person and be sure it's the right models.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MiegaFox » Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:02 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
MiegaFox wrote:i did check to make sure the one i had was the 'uptodate' version so i don't think im missing anything...

One thing you can do to be sure it's not the models, is selecting them from the player settings menu: If as a player you can eat people with them, the models are okay... if not you should get an error message complaining about missing assets. Use "chase_active 1" to see yourself in 3rd person and be sure it's the right models.

they work fine if im the one using the skin its just the bots seem to have no idea what to do and cant be treated as preds...

Edit: hahahahaaaa...aaahhh why...? so i recompiled everything, which caused the VT mutator to not work... so i sorted that out and got it to work and... back to square 1 regrading the skins... *facepalms*

also, the classic fox skins are cool and all but would it be possible to directly import the old vixen skins some how?
MiegaFox
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:33 pm

MiegaFox wrote:they work fine if im the one using the skin its just the bots seem to have no idea what to do and cant be treated as preds...

Edit: hahahahaaaa...aaahhh why...? so i recompiled everything, which caused the VT mutator to not work... so i sorted that out and got it to work and... back to square 1 regrading the skins... *facepalms*

also, the classic fox skins are cool and all but would it be possible to directly import the old vixen skins some how?

The old (classic VT) characters aren't available in the new VT. Maybe someday I'll make a classic pack... no promises though.

Okay, so it's not missing model files. Really no idea in that case... must have something to do with the bot settings, or maybe it's just sheer coincidence that you aren't seeing them vore other players.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MiegaFox » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:31 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:The old (classic VT) characters aren't available in the new VT. Maybe someday I'll make a classic pack... no promises though.

sorry it was too good of an opportunity...

MirceaKitsune wrote:Okay, so it's not missing model files. Really no idea in that case... must have something to do with the bot settings, or maybe it's just sheer coincidence that you aren't seeing them vore other players.

i don't think its a case of not seeing, i tried playing with the 'g_vore_team_1 2' and 'g_vore_team_2 1' and making it so team 1 was prey only and team 2 was both pred and prey, and even after putting 3 teams in all with a renamon(bot) nether bot on teams 2(pred only) and 3(both pred/prey) actually did anything but walk around, i tried changing it once to a normal bot on the prey only team (team 1), and nothing happened... even if they stood near one another... all three remained.

EDIT: i have some good news... i think i worked something out but im still confused by...

so i had a random idea of playing with the bots behavior values, so after playing around a little with one of the normal bot's i thought... "why not the renamon skin? it probably wont change anything anyway"
configuration: name model skin shirt pants team keyboard use moving dodging ping weapon use aggressivity range aiming calmhand mouse fightthink aithink pred prey hostile friendly
Renamon renamon 1 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5

and that did something... im not entirely sure but the values seem to... break it, at least... somewhat... so... i experimented a bit... and i found this... but what ever the thing is... it seems to be as long as all 4 values are not balanced they seem to work like proper bots, at first i thought maybe its just the "pred" and "friendly" values as it seemed that way at first... until i started setting them all 0.5 and leaving 1 as 0.0
Renamon1 renamon 0 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.5 0.0 0.0 0.5
Ren(pred) renamon 1 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.5 0.0 0.0 0.0
Ren(prey) renamon 2 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.0 0.5 0.0 0.0
Ren(hostile) renamon 3 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.0 0.0 0.5 0.0
Ren(friend) renamon 4 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.5
Ren(prey/friend) renamon 5 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.0 0.5 0.0 0.5
Ren(pred/hostile) renamon 6 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.5 0.0 0.5 0.0

Ren(pred/prey) renamon 0 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.5 0.5 0.0 0.0
Ren(hostile/friend) renamon 0 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.0 0.0 0.5 0.5
Ren(not-F) renamon 0 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.0
Ren(not-Pd) renamon 0 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.0 0.5 0.5 0.5
Ren(not-Pe) renamon 0 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.5 0.0 0.5 0.5
Ren(not-H) renamon 0 -1 -1 0 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 0 1 0 2 -1 -1 0.5 0.5 0.0 0.5
Last edited by MiegaFox on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
MiegaFox
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game