FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:44 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:If you renamed them that way and put them in the data folder, they should work. You can put those in either data or data_voretournament, as the models are compatible with both vanilla Xonotic and Vore Tournament.

Please cycle through the characters in the character selection screen, which is the rightmost tab in the same window as the server list. For bots you'll need to make a custom bots.txt file (don't edit that file but make a copy instead), and define your own bots there... I'll add bots for these characters in their repositories later on.

Did not expect that to be in the Server Browser, but still a no go. I selected Renamon who looks untextured, and tried to pick her colors showing no change when I did.

And I think it just changes my character model. So when I went into a match it was still the Fur Suits, rather then Renamons.

Sorry I'm being such a hassle.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Entirely_Logical » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:33 am

The profile screen isn't really a good preview. For best results, go into a game and set your view to 3rd person. THEN you'll see the colours you've picked out for yourself.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Vore Tournament 2.0.1 bugfix release plan

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:46 am

Wow: The release of Vore Tournament 2.0.0 has been a blast! I could barely reply to all of the feedback and questions you guys had, which even now continue to flow. Thank you all for showing so much interest in this project! It really helps to know that it was a success.

Unfortunately a lot of comments also included bug reports. There are quite a few problems I had missed that other players noticed... nothing too bad or game-breaking, but they are still issues that will need to be dealt with. Currently I've noted up to 8 bugs of various natures, which you can read through over on our bug tracker:

https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... ent/issues

As such I've taken the decision to make a 2.0.1 bugfix release, before I start working on the things planned for 2.1.0. There is no specific date planned for this release, but it should happen within the following months. I don't know whether I will be able to fix all of the currently noted issues in it, but I will be trying to crack each one.

If you have a Gitlab account, you are encouraged to report any bugs you notice at the link mentioned above, in case you're not seeing them listed there already. If you're familiar with the Vore Tournament code, you may also make a pull request in case you come up with your own solution! I will give the 2.0.1 release additional pause, to make sure others have enough time to notice other potential issues that can be addressed in this update.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:09 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:Did not expect that to be in the Server Browser, but still a no go. I selected Renamon who looks untextured, and tried to pick her colors showing no change when I did.

And I think it just changes my character model. So when I went into a match it was still the Fur Suits, rather then Renamons.

Sorry I'm being such a hassle.

Entirely_Logical wrote:The profile screen isn't really a good preview. For best results, go into a game and set your view to 3rd person. THEN you'll see the colours you've picked out for yourself.

The character previews in the menu are plain images and not actual 3D model previews... currently some simplistic untextured previews at that. Indeed you'll have to go into 3rd person mode during a game to see them.

For bots it's more complicated, as they're configured to use specific models. You must basically create a copy of the file bots.txt (name it bots_whateveryouwant.txt). Open it in a text editor and change the models to those seen in the models/player folder (eg: models/player/krystal_normal.iqm), as well as any other parameters you want... make sure to keep the separators tabs and not spaces, else it won't work! Then before stating a game, open a console set "bot_config_file bots_whateveryouwant.txt" to use your new bots instead of the default ones.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Entirely_Logical » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:38 am

Here's a balance issue to consider. The Cryolink and the Hagar seem to be quite a bit too powerful against would-be predators. If you have either one in your inventory, it makes it a viable tactic to feed yourself to an opponent at full health and tear them apart before they even respond.
Proposed solution: Reduce belly damage specifically for the Hagar, and make the Cryolink's multiple shots count as only two?
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:Here's a balance issue to consider. The Cryolink and the Hagar seem to be quite a bit too powerful against would-be predators. If you have either one in your inventory, it makes it a viable tactic to feed yourself to an opponent at full health and tear them apart before they even respond.
Proposed solution: Reduce belly damage specifically for the Hagar, and make the Cryolink's multiple shots count as only two?

That's because the Crylink fires 3 - 5 projectiles in one shot, whereas the Hagar shoots rockets in a rapid succession (like a minigun). Currently stomach damage cannot be customized per weapon or projectile, this damage is constant for all guns. Finding a solution to this problem is now on my TODO list (issue #6)
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby FFSM3 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:20 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
FFSM3 wrote:Can you make it more then six people in 1 belly? ;p bassically true last pred standing? :p

Can probably be tweaked using cvars, namely weight and max-load related ones. Honestly though that's a lot, some servers don't have over 8 players in total :P

I know, but vs bots :p You know, if I get to be able to get more then 9 bots on a server I do imagine without dig damage, kick and regurg,

I tryd doing mass to 1 but that didnt change much, and I didnt see max load o.o

Will we get to see an RP mode liek the originally VT too? :3

THeres so many edits I wanna try like change macro to 200 instead of 150 for isntance but i no know how much to change ^^
FFSM3
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:48 am

I might be slower to work on 2.0.1 than estimated, though I still plan to make it happen during the next months so no need to panic. This is in part for reasons I explained in this blog post, due to which I'm less motivated to touch VT right now. In the meantime, users are encouraged to report bugs they find on the bug tracker in case they aren't already there, so by the time I get back to it I know of as many bugs as possible and can attempt to work on them all.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Aickavon12 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:09 pm

is there a way to turn off belly struggles?
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:12 pm

Aickavon12 wrote:is there a way to turn off belly struggles?

If you mean stomach kicking, set 'g_vore_kick 0' to disable it. At the moment there isn't a way to stop prey shooting weapons in the stomach, I need to rework how prey weapons are handled entirely.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:53 pm

Might I recommend actually removing the weapon when "In-Belly" is active and giving it back once "In-Belly" is disabled? Kind of a "De-spawn" and "Re-spawn"
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:20 am

Ryan-Drakel wrote:Might I recommend actually removing the weapon when "In-Belly" is active and giving it back once "In-Belly" is disabled? Kind of a "De-spawn" and "Re-spawn"

Wouldn't make much sense, but I could block weapons from being fired inside. I'm still debating how to solve prey shooting weapons, and if no better idea comes up I might do that for the time being.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Draupnir7 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:21 pm

Add me to the list of people what can't get this to work, I guess. It'll open, sure, but it's only ever the base game.

My Target line is:

"C:\Users\Your Emminence\Desktop\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe" "xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament

Is there something I'm missing? I unpacked, renamed, and changed as necessary.
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Draupnir7 wrote:Add me to the list of people what can't get this to work, I guess. It'll open, sure, but it's only ever the base game.

My Target line is:

"C:\Users\Your Emminence\Desktop\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe" "xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament

That second "xonotic.exe" should definitely NOT be there. Try either of the following, whichever works first:

Code: Select all
C:\Users\Your Emminence\Desktop\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament
"C:\Users\Your Emminence\Desktop\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament
"C:\Users\Your Emminence\Desktop\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 "data_voretournament"
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Draupnir7 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:15 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
Draupnir7 wrote:Add me to the list of people what can't get this to work, I guess. It'll open, sure, but it's only ever the base game.

My Target line is:

That second "xonotic.exe" should definitely NOT be there. Try either of the following, whichever works first:

Code: Select all
C:\Users\Your Emminence\Desktop\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament
"C:\Users\Your Emminence\Desktop\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament
"C:\Users\Your Emminence\Desktop\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 "data_voretournament"

Tried 'em all. Nothing doing. Still just the base game. Is there something somewhere in the menu I have to turn on...?

It should be noted that my ability with stuff like this is somewhere around "Oh God How Did This Get Here I Am Not Good With Computer".

Edit: I think I may have found the issue. When the instructions say 'extract to', they say nothing about removing the extraneous top folder.

Edit 2 - Electric Boogaloo: Now it's just deathmatches with more hair. Is there a post somewhere in here that can help me fix that?
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aiwindel » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:44 pm

Draupnir7, right click xonotic.exe and click "create shortcut". Right click the shortcut and click "properties". Paste "C:\Users\Your Emminence\Desktop\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament" into target, click apply then ok. Run the shortcut and you should be all set.
Aiwindel
Been posting for a bit

Postby Draupnir7 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Aiwindel wrote:Draupnir7, right click xonotic.exe and click "create shortcut". Right click the shortcut and click "properties". Paste "C:\Users\Your Emminence\Desktop\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament" into target, click apply then ok. Run the shortcut and you should be all set.

Thankee, but I got the issue sorted out. There was one more layer of folders than there should be. Now I just need to make the bots behave. ...that is possible, right?
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:27 pm

Draupnir7 wrote:Thankee, but I got the issue sorted out. There was one more layer of folders than there should be. Now I just need to make the bots behave. ...that is possible, right?

Depends on what behave means. I think you're looking for the skill slider, in the Create menu where you start the map; Begin from 1 (0 disables the vore AI altogether) and increment until you reach a difficulty that's too much to handle.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Draupnir7 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:29 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:
Draupnir7 wrote:Thankee, but I got the issue sorted out. There was one more layer of folders than there should be. Now I just need to make the bots behave. ...that is possible, right?

Depends on what behave means. I think you're looking for the skill slider, in the Create menu where you start the map; Begin from 1 (0 disables the vore AI altogether) and increment until you reach a difficulty that's too much to handle.

I mean, I can't seem to get them to stop blowing each other up. I'd like to test it all in singleplayer, but there doesn't seem to be an option for a custom gamemode in which ingestion is the main way to take other 'players' down. The hotkeys I set for the VT functions don't seem to be working, either. I set 'Eat' to 'E', and it produces nothing.
Draupnir7
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:00 am

Draupnir7 wrote:I mean, I can't seem to get them to stop blowing each other up. I'd like to test it all in singleplayer, but there doesn't seem to be an option for a custom gamemode in which ingestion is the main way to take other 'players' down. The hotkeys I set for the VT functions don't seem to be working, either. I set 'Eat' to 'E', and it produces nothing.

Is the vore mutator active? Press and hold "i" during a match to see server info, the string should normally include something like "vore" as well as "micro / macro".
MirceaKitsune
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game