FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby FFSM3 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:17 am

What are you using? SKyrim doesnt require much nowadays, spore runs in ancients systems and tf2 runs on an old dual core.

Are you lusing a laptop or what? Specs.. and people may help you.
FFSM3
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:47 am

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:Also, checked the config.cfg, deleted it.. played.. still bad.. deleted the entire data folder for VT, still didn't work.. Just everything over and over, I set my settings as low as possible.. it just wants to run badly no matter what and I don't know why, it only does it for VT >~<

Any other game runs fine, skyrim on high, Fallout 4 on medium (Textures) TF2, spore, you name it.. it's just... VT no matter what wants to be dead now.

I think the problem might be the outdated engine: The old VT has a version of DarkPlaces from over 4 years ago! Unfortunately I don't have the means to generate a new one... though you can try downloading a nightly build of the DarkPlaces engine, renaming it to voretournament.exe, and seeing if that works.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:20 am

This is it: As of today, the stomach board HUD panel has all of the basic features that were planned for it! There only remain a few inexplicable bugs which I'll have to take a look at over time. There were also a handful of ideas that were considered, but unlikely to happen due to technical and aesthetical limitations... such as indicating health / armor per entry like the old VT.

Latest Git master implements two rings for the per-entry icon, once again similar to those of the crosshair indicator: The color is green for self, yellow for friend, red for foe... with the inner ring being darker to more easily distinguish the two. The inner ring shows predator progress or stomach load, whereas the outer ring indicates prey progress. Each can be disabled from the panel menu if desired, whereas the pred ring can be customized in any of the following ways:

• Indicate pred progress only: x
  • Indicate stomach load only: y
  • Indicate stomach load when there's no pred progress, indicate pred progress otherwise: (x ? x : y)
  • Indicate the largest value between pred progress and stomach load: max(x, y)
  • Indicate the average value between pred progress and stomach load: (x + y) / 2

In addition, names are also prefixed with the player color indicator icons. They are the same icons seen in the normal scoreboard during non-team games, which make it easier to identify a player in-world.

Spoiler: show
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:45 am

FFSM3 wrote:What are you using? SKyrim doesnt require much nowadays, spore runs in ancients systems and tf2 runs on an old dual core.

I have a Desktop, It is a "Cybertron PC" and I don't know if that helps but.. It just.. it just runs everything else fine, then again my most demanding game I think would Be Fallout 4... Maybe Fallout NV with a really nice ENB..
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AMCJavelin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:58 am

Reckon a full release soon? Looks really good so far
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:26 pm

AMCJavelin wrote:Reckon a full release soon? Looks really good so far

An announcement regarding that will come either this month, either the next. Indeed I plan to make a release soon at this stage, as the functionality and basic features to support one are indeed there. I'll slowly begin preparing for one, focusing more on bug fixes and filling in the final gaps now... the exact date of the release will however depend.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby AMCJavelin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:46 pm

Nice, I'm looking forward to that. Best of luck to you
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby RC8015 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:52 pm

ALL ABORD THE HYPE TRAIN (at least the ones who just suck at all the compiling and downloading stuff^^)

Really looking forward to the release, didnt expect it to come so soon :)
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Grapefruitfanfic » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:59 pm

Should I even bother asking for help about "git: command not found"?
Grapefruitfanfic
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Grapefruitfanfic wrote:Should I even bother asking for help about "git: command not found"?

Use Tortoise Git to clone data_voretournament first, then run the deps.sh script in it.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby FFSM3 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:17 pm

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:
FFSM3 wrote:What are you using? SKyrim doesnt require much nowadays, spore runs in ancients systems and tf2 runs on an old dual core.

I have a Desktop, It is a "Cybertron PC" and I don't know if that helps but.. It just.. it just runs everything else fine, then again my most demanding game I think would Be Fallout 4... Maybe Fallout NV with a really nice ENB..

It does nto matter what the name is. I dont know cybertron. The name sounds cool.

From the shop I gather its one of those overrpiced we built it for you shops.

You know what you ordered right?
FFSM3
Been posting for a bit

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:59 pm

FFSM3 wrote:
RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:

It does nto matter what the name is. I dont know cybertron. The name sounds cool.

From the shop I gather its one of those overrpiced we built it for you shops.

You know what you ordered right?

Um.. *Chough* YES I do know.. o~o

Defenetly didn't just buy it because some random website said it was nice for it's price..
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Zeldazackman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:43 am

@RossTheEmeraldFox

Search on google for a program called "Speccy" and it should bring you to the piriform website, from there you can download a copy of it to figure out what your computer's specifications are for the most part.
Zeldazackman
Somewhat familiar

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:46 am

Zeldazackman wrote:@RossTheEmeraldFox

Search on google for a program called "Speccy" and it should bring you to the piriform website, from there you can download a copy of it to figure out what your computer's specifications are for the most part.

I kinda prefer not to download things.. Just.. At all really.

Dammit so many problems.. I think I'll just wait for the new VT to fully release.
But I do appreciate everyone trying to help ^-^
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Vore Tournament 2.0.0 Alpha - Release Target Announcement

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:17 pm

The time has come to unveil my plans for the first Vore Tournament release. A lot of users have been waiting for this announcement, and asking when a release of the new Vore Tournament is going happen. I heard you and have not been ignoring this important public demand! However I needed time to think about the various aspects, as well as making sure there are no major bugs that would cause total breakage. Although I'm still working some things out, I believe I have decided on the primary points, and can announce what's going to be happening in principle.

I'll start with the important bit: The VT 2.0.0 release is going to be a Patreon target, and will happen after I hit the newly added goal. As I'm currently close to $300, my goal will be for $400 per month. While I don't wish to annoy my watchers with unnecessary details about my situation, I feel I need to explain a bit about why I took this decision first:

• As I've mentioned on multiple occasions, we're still in great need of money. This is in fact the target I've been trying to reach ever since I started my Patreon, as it represents the minimum income me and my mother need to live above the poverty line and begin climbing out of debt.
  • Vore Tournament is a project developed by one person (myself). Although it's built on top of the Xonotic code base and uses freely available assets, I still need to create and maintain the code as well as editing those assets to work as intended. This is no easy task, and many features have taken whole days of non-stop work to complete.
  • Unlike many Patreon projects, Vore Tournament is free open-source software and available to everyone, without any of the main components being hidden behind a paywall. Once a development update or release happens, it's immediately available to everyone out there! This is the only model I ever wish to work under, but doing so implies a slightly greater effort in drawing support for the project.

Most importantly, this target is temporary and does carry a limit! The release will happen either way at some point, even if the goal is not reached... however reaching the goal will make it happen sooner. I promised I'd publish a release until the end of the year, so the deadline is this December... if it doesn't happen until close to 2018, the release will occur regardless at that date. Obviously I'm hopeful this will not be the case, and believe I can achieve the goal within 1 to 3 months from this posting.

With that being clarified, here are the rules in more detail and the expected course of events to follow:

• The goal is officially considered reached at the beginning of the month! This is because my account doesn't use the "charge upfront" feature, since I consider it too limiting for new patrons... to compensate for that, I need to make sure the milestone actually gets charged, and no patrons pull out right before the 1st or are using invalid payment info.
  • Once it happens, I'll be going into feature freeze mode... excluding potential small features which can be kept under control.
  • I'll be dedicating a few days to thorough testing in less usual setups, and fixing critical bugs in case I run across any. The release package will have to be tested against Xonotic's own release build.
  • I'll want to hold at least one multiplayer session, with players who are running the development version and can connect to a Git version server. Testing thus far has only been done locally, we need to see how VT 2.0 holds up in an online game! I'll post an announcement about this at the time, and see at which hour others are free to have a bit of fun online.
  • The moment I'm happy with the results, I'll generate the zip for the mod and publish it. The version in Git will then be bumped to 2.0.1. A link to the download will be posted in a new announcement.

The release will be distributed as a single archive, which will run on top of the latest Xonotic release. You'll first have to download and install vanilla Xonotic, then simply extract the data_voretournament directory inside, and run xonotic.exe with the proper command line parameter.

Once this release is out of the way, I'll begin moving toward 2.1.0. Now that the base code and primary functionality is in place, the focus of the next major release will be the artistic aspect: New graphics, new music, new sounds, actual characters for the bots, and perhaps even an original campaign! I have quite a few ideas in mind, but will be keeping some of them for later.

https://www.patreon.com/MirceaKitsune

https://gitlab.com/voretournament

MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Big_D » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:30 pm

I feel ya Mircea, been trying to reach my goal for nearly 2 years now. Always short of it and always losing ground...and my goal is lower than yours, but I hope you make it I really do
Darkness entwines a foolish young heart but the brave will always ring true.......yeah right ;p
Patreon account https:https://www.patreon.com/Yubel
Big_D
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:53 pm

Big_D wrote:I feel ya Mircea, been trying to reach my goal for nearly 2 years now. Always short of it and always losing ground...and my goal is lower than yours, but I hope you make it I really do

Awh... I'm sorry to hear that, and I wish you luck! While I'm not into the type of vore in many of your renders, you are a good CGI artist and deserve support for it :) And thank you as well for the good wishes, we will see how this goes.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: Vore Tournament 2.0.0 Alpha - Release Target Announcemen

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:54 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:The time has come to unveil my plans for the first Vore Tournament release. A lot of users have been waiting for this announcement, and asking when a release of the new Vore Tournament is going happen. I heard you and have not been ignoring this important public demand! However I needed time to think about the various aspects, as well as making sure there are no major bugs that would cause total breakage. Although I'm still working some things out, I believe I have decided on the primary points, and can announce what's going to be happening in principle.

I'll start with the important bit: The VT 2.0.0 release is going to be a Patreon target, and will happen after I hit the newly added goal. As I'm currently close to $300, my goal will be for $400 per month. While I don't wish to annoy my watchers with unnecessary details about my situation, I feel I need to explain a bit about why I took this decision first:

• As I've mentioned on multiple occasions, we're still in great need of money. This is in fact the target I've been trying to reach ever since I started my Patreon, as it represents the minimum income me and my mother need to live above the poverty line and begin climbing out of debt.
  • Vore Tournament is a project developed by one person (myself). Although it's built on top of the Xonotic code base and uses freely available assets, I still need to create and maintain the code as well as editing those assets to work as intended. This is no easy task, and many features have taken whole days of non-stop work to complete.
  • Unlike many Patreon projects, Vore Tournament is free open-source software and available to everyone, without any of the main components being hidden behind a paywall. Once a development update or release happens, it's immediately available to everyone out there! This is the only model I ever wish to work under, but doing so implies a slightly greater effort in drawing support for the project.

Most importantly, this target is temporary and does carry a limit! The release will happen either way at some point, even if the goal is not reached... however reaching the goal will make it happen sooner. I promised I'd publish a release until the end of the year, so the deadline is this December... if it doesn't happen until close to 2018, the release will occur regardless at that date. Obviously I'm hopeful this will not be the case, and believe I can achieve the goal within 1 to 3 months from this posting.

With that being clarified, here are the rules in more detail and the expected course of events to follow:

• The goal is officially considered reached at the beginning of the month! This is because my account doesn't use the "charge upfront" feature, since I consider it too limiting for new patrons... to compensate for that, I need to make sure the milestone actually gets charged, and no patrons pull out right before the 1st or are using invalid payment info.
  • Once it happens, I'll be going into feature freeze mode... excluding potential small features which can be kept under control.
  • I'll be dedicating a few days to thorough testing in less usual setups, and fixing critical bugs in case I run across any. The release package will have to be tested against Xonotic's own release build.
  • I'll want to hold at least one multiplayer session, with players who are running the development version and can connect to a Git version server. Testing thus far has only been done locally, we need to see how VT 2.0 holds up in an online game! I'll post an announcement about this at the time, and see at which hour others are free to have a bit of fun online.
  • The moment I'm happy with the results, I'll generate the zip for the mod and publish it. The version in Git will then be bumped to 2.0.1. A link to the download will be posted in a new announcement.

The release will be distributed as a single archive, which will run on top of the latest Xonotic release. You'll first have to download and install vanilla Xonotic, then simply extract the data_voretournament directory inside, and run xonotic.exe with the proper command line parameter.

Once this release is out of the way, I'll begin moving toward 2.1.0. Now that the base code and primary functionality is in place, the focus of the next major release will be the artistic aspect: New graphics, new music, new sounds, actual characters for the bots, and perhaps even an original campaign! I have quite a few ideas in mind, but will be keeping some of them for later.

https://www.patreon.com/MirceaKitsune

https://gitlab.com/voretournament

[ http://i.imgur.com/FWg1qTp.jpg ]

Yeah lemme j.. *Opens wallet* Oh.. Forgot I'm super poor..

Dammit money... ;~;
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AMCJavelin » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:01 pm

I just can't do monthly support on Patreon dude, if I could do a one time of like, 20 dollars, I can do that.
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Re: Vore Tournament 2.0.0 Alpha - Release Target Announcemen

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:15 am

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:Yeah lemme j.. *Opens wallet* Oh.. Forgot I'm super poor..

Dammit money... ;~;

AMCJavelin wrote:I just can't do monthly support on Patreon dude, if I could do a one time of like, 20 dollars, I can do that.

It is fine, no worries if you can't! I'm hopeful there are enough interested users to reach this target soon... if not, the hard limit is there to make sure it happens this year regardless. I'll slowly be preparing VT for release anyway till then.

As for one-time support, I can do that as well! Please PM me if you're willing to do that, and I can give you my Paypal. Thank you :)
MirceaKitsune
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game