FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:00 pm

Okay.. So.. I've been wanting to Kinda not talk about this, feeling it was "Taboo" or something (But then again, the whole Vore site thing.) But.. Why do their arms look so... Wonky?

Like they just seem to be too bent in the elbows, it doesn't look.. natural..
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:25 pm

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:Okay.. So.. I've been wanting to Kinda not talk about this, feeling it was "Taboo" or something (But then again, the whole Vore site thing.) But.. Why do their arms look so... Wonky?

Like they just seem to be too bent in the elbows, it doesn't look.. natural..

Because moving an existing player model to a new rig and using its animations is not easy nor error proof :P Though that's a problem I can't say I've noticed, the arms seemed okay to me. If anything, the legs poking through the tail and belly is a visible annoyance that can't be easily solved.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Yolo360480 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:25 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
Yolo360480 wrote:When ever I try and load the Krystal or Renamon playermodels on the bots, it says "Predator is not using a player model that includes the predator assets". Can someone please help?

Their repositories contain all models needed to use them, so this shouldn't happen. The only explanation I can think of is that one of the default Xonotic player models is being used for them server-side, and you are only enforcing the Krystal / Renamon models client-side. This depends on what cvars you used to make them show.

The correct way is to create a copy of bots.txt (do NOT edit the original or any of the files checked out by Git), create your own entries with the names of the models, then before starting a match open the console and set: bot_config_file "my_bots.txt" (where you use the name of your copied bots.txt file). Make sure to keep the tab character as your separator, do NOT use spaces in between settings! Here's my own custom bots.txt for these models, feel free to simply copy-paste it into an empty text file and use that:

Code: Select all
//bot configuration: name   model   skin   shirt   pants   team   keyboard use   moving   dodging   ping   weapon use   aggressivity   range   aiming   calmhand   mouse   fightthink   aithink   pred   prey   hostile   friendly
//default team values (team-override): 1 = red, 2 = blue, 3 = yellow, 4 = pink                                                   
//use -1 for shirt-color or pants-color to get random colors                                                   
Krystal Normal   krystal_normal   0   -1   -1   0   0   -1   -1   -1   0   2   0   1   0   2   -1   -1   0.5   0.5   0.5   0.5
Krystal Armor   krystal_armor   0   -1   -1   0   0   -1   -1   -1   0   2   0   1   0   2   -1   -1   0.5   0.5   0.5   0.5
Krystal Suit   krystal_suit   0   -1   -1   0   0   -1   -1   -1   0   2   0   1   0   2   -1   -1   0.5   0.5   0.5   0.5
Renamon   renamon   0   -1   -1   0   0   -1   -1   -1   0   2   0   1   0   2   -1   -1   0.5   0.5   0.5   0.5

Nope. Still didn't work. Also, it seems like the only model that works for me are the anthros, and the fox player model. Non of the others work.
Just in case you are wondering, I am running Windows 10. Maybe that will help you.
Yolo360480
New to the forum

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:38 am

Yolo360480 wrote:Nope. Still didn't work. Also, it seems like the only model that works for me are the anthros, and the fox player model. Non of the others work.
Just in case you are wondering, I am running Windows 10. Maybe that will help you.

Is the bots file I posted above in use? If you press and hold Tab to see the scoreboard, do the bots have the names seen in that file?

I'm quite mind blown as to what it might be: All of the required assets are in the models repositories, and myself and others can use them just fine! Windows 10 shouldn't be a problem, the engine and game code work the same way for everyone... unless we're somehow talking a file permission problem, which I doubt is the case here.

Can you please check that the extra assets exist in your local clone? For instance: In vmdl-krystal.pk3dir\models\player you should have the 3 files: krystal_normal_state#.iqm (where # is 1, 2, and 3).

If all else fails, navigate to your "Saved Games\xonotic\data_voretournament" directory (should be somewhere in your user folder) and delete your config.cfg. Obviously this will erase all your settings, so possibly make a backup first. I can only imagine some cvar might be forcing one of the default player models in an invisible form.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Does anyone know anything about the OLD VT suddenly running like total ass?
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AMCJavelin » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:06 pm

I wouldn't know about that, could be your machine, but I'm not sure. I am looking forward to a full on release, sounds like things are coming along well
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby Artemis » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:28 pm

Seems to be running fine for me. Speaking of the old and current version of the game, we have a Vore Tournament Discord for people looking to play. It has channels dedicated to providing features that aren't offered in-game such as a roleplaying channel for much easier RPing than the in-game text chat and places to show off your characters.

https://discord.gg/Jy66V9y

We can't really help you install the prototype build, but y'know. Whenever that gets released I'm sure there will be people who are interested in playing that too.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:53 am

So nobody knows? I have a good desktop.. But now it has trouble going on the lowest settings..
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:34 am

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:Does anyone know anything about the OLD VT suddenly running like total ass?

I can only imagine it might have to do with the ancient version of Darkplaces engine that the old VT uses. Make sure to turn down all effects and see if that fixes it, then enable them one by one and check which is responsible for the low FPS. If that fails, find the settings folder of the old VT, and delete config.cfg... this will erase your settings obviously, but it might also fix the problem.

Artemis wrote:Seems to be running fine for me. Speaking of the old and current version of the game, we have a Vore Tournament Discord for people looking to play. It has channels dedicated to providing features that aren't offered in-game such as a roleplaying channel for much easier RPing than the in-game text chat and places to show off your characters.

https://discord.gg/Jy66V9y

We can't really help you install the prototype build, but y'know. Whenever that gets released I'm sure there will be people who are interested in playing that too.

Woah... nice! I didn't know that this existed actually. Thanks for making and maintaining said group :D Is it only for the old project, or also for the new mod?

By the way: I've been looking to let you know that there are now alternative player models available (for the new VT). If you're still avoiding it due to the nudity concern, clone any of the vmdl-*.pk3dir repositories from https://gitlab.com/voretournament inside either the data or data_voretournament folders (the models are both VT and vanilla Xonotic compatible). After that use a custom whatever_bots.txt file, which you reference by changing bot_config_file to the new file (I posted one below)... then of course select the character from the player settings menu for yourself. Note that doesn't enforce them if it's a public server and other players can join, as those players can still select the default anthros: You can use the sv_defaultcharacter cvar to fix that, type it in the console and press "tab" to get the full list of cvars... I might post instructions on using it later if anyone still needs them. Hope this helps with that problem!

Code: Select all
    //bot configuration: name   model   skin   shirt   pants   team   keyboard use   moving   dodging   ping   weapon use   aggressivity   range   aiming   calmhand   mouse   fightthink   aithink   pred   prey   hostile   friendly
    //default team values (team-override): 1 = red, 2 = blue, 3 = yellow, 4 = pink                                                   
    //use -1 for shirt-color or pants-color to get random colors                                                   
    Krystal Normal   krystal_normal   0   -1   -1   0   0   -1   -1   -1   0   2   0   1   0   2   -1   -1   0.5   0.5   0.5   0.5
    Krystal Armor   krystal_armor   0   -1   -1   0   0   -1   -1   -1   0   2   0   1   0   2   -1   -1   0.5   0.5   0.5   0.5
    Krystal Suit   krystal_suit   0   -1   -1   0   0   -1   -1   -1   0   2   0   1   0   2   -1   -1   0.5   0.5   0.5   0.5
    Renamon   renamon   0   -1   -1   0   0   -1   -1   -1   0   2   0   1   0   2   -1   -1   0.5   0.5   0.5   0.5
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 am

I have it on the lowest settings and it still runs badly, But I'll go file exploring for config.
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Artemis » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:03 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:Woah... nice! I didn't know that this existed actually. Thanks for making and maintaining said group :D Is it only for the old project, or also for the new mod?

No problem! It's for both versions. Whatever people want to play, really. As for me personally, 0.7.0 will probably still be my preference. The offered solution is a step up from unwanted animal bits all up in my grill, don't get me wrong, but completely disabling character customization is a bit of a double-edged sword. I'd really enjoy being able to tell other players apart and with 0.7.0 I won't have to do nearly as much explaining why I didn't know someone's gender or species.

That being said, I may very well give it a try. When it's released, though. Compiling stuff is a bit much for me.

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:I have it on the lowest settings and it still runs badly, But I'll go file exploring for config.
Sounds like some form of hardware or software failure where the graphics card isn't doing its job for some reason. It could be overheating, a software error offloading the game onto a weaker integrated graphics, or anything else.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby ian66613 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:07 am

Is it still a thing where you can make allied bots eat you even near full health and keep you near-forever inside them? I liked that :3c

Or making it so that enemy bots would have extremely low digestion rate so that I could just sit around inside them.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:09 am

Will any force feeding be in this? Y'know, Play the prey side of things, Hop in a weak pred and burst out, alien style?

... It is late when writing this.
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:10 am

Artemis wrote:
MirceaKitsune wrote:Woah... nice! I didn't know that this existed actually. Thanks for making and maintaining said group :D Is it only for the old project, or also for the new mod?

No problem! It's for both versions. Whatever people want to play, really. As for me personally, 0.7.0 will probably still be my preference. The offered solution is a step up from unwanted animal bits all up in my grill, don't get me wrong, but completely disabling character customization is a bit of a double-edged sword. I'd really enjoy being able to tell other players apart and with 0.7.0 I won't have to do nearly as much explaining why I didn't know someone's gender or species.

That being said, I may very well give it a try. When it's released, though. Compiling stuff is a bit much for me.

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:I have it on the lowest settings and it still runs badly, But I'll go file exploring for config.
Sounds like some form of hardware or software failure where the graphics card isn't doing its job for some reason. It could be overheating, a software error offloading the game onto a weaker integrated graphics, or anything else.

The problem is that I run all my other games fine, TF2, Skyrim, Fo4, Spore (ect.)

It is ONLY vt that has problems.
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Artemis » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:30 am

Perhaps it's a software issue, then. You could try messing about in the settings of your graphics card program to check on any settings that might apply to Vore Tournament specifically. Else, you could try simply getting rid of and reinstalling Vore Tournament.
Artemis
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:39 am

I did try reinstalling it.. still didn't work.. also I can't find the Config.cfg file..
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Haysack » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:24 pm

RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:I did try reinstalling it.. still didn't work.. also I can't find the Config.cfg file..

You running it 64 bit or 32 bit? the exe that is. I have noticed that you can get performance hits at times one or the other. So if you are running 64 now try the 32 and see if that changes anything. And the other way around too ofc ^^;
/Best regards Haysack (aka Swedish horse nommer )
Haysack
Been posting for a bit

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:14 pm

Haysack wrote:
RossTheEmeraldFox wrote:I did try reinstalling it.. still didn't work.. also I can't find the Config.cfg file..

You running it 64 bit or 32 bit? the exe that is. I have noticed that you can get performance hits at times one or the other. So if you are running 64 now try the 32 and see if that changes anything. And the other way around too ofc ^^;

I have tried running both 64 and 32, it seems to run BETTER with 64, but still runs badly..
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Haysack » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:46 pm

:( that’s no fun
/Best regards Haysack (aka Swedish horse nommer )
Haysack
Been posting for a bit

Postby RossTheEmeraldFox » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:38 pm

Does anyone know where the Config.CFG file is though?

"If that fails, find the settings folder of the old VT, and delete config.cfg... this will erase your settings obviously, but it might also fix the problem."

Where is it? "Find the settings" doesn't help me a whole lot.. >~<
RossTheEmeraldFox
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game