FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby nnnddt » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:37 am

Hello guys,
Trying to install the game, but don't understand how i can run it.
I saw the tutorial of the creator, but i don't understand the last part :

"Launch the Xonotic executable with the parameters "-customgamedirname2 data_voretournament" from the command prompt or a modified shortcut. Example: "xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament"."

Tried to create a shortcut but it never works and modify it but without result.

The last things I tried is it : "C:\Users\nnndd_000\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (36)\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament" but it loads xonotic and only it.

Someone could explain me the last part step by step please ? I'm on windows 10.
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby RakeVuri » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:25 pm

nnnddt wrote:Hello guys,
Trying to install the game, but don't understand how i can run it.
I saw the tutorial of the creator, but i don't understand the last part :

"Launch the Xonotic executable with the parameters "-customgamedirname2 data_voretournament" from the command prompt or a modified shortcut. Example: "xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament"."

Tried to create a shortcut but it never works and modify it but without result.

The last things I tried is it : "C:\Users\nnndd_000\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (36)\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament" but it loads xonotic and only it.

Someone could explain me the last part step by step please ? I'm on windows 10.

You probably just have some bad quotation marks in your shortcut. Try:
Code: Select all
"C:\Users\nnndd_000\Desktop\Nouveau dossier (36)\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby nnnddt » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:25 am

Thanks, it works now ^^ I just need to find some skill now ^^
nnnddt
Somewhat familiar

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:26 am

I've played the game from an older version and had good times.
Though I feel I must ask this... given that I'm not fond of the screaming voices.

Is there a "Variation" file that actually replaces them with moans? [like the digestion is pleasurable?]

I Find myself having trouble starting the game because I cannot actually change the parameters of the .EXE.
I'm running Windows 8.1... I'ma keep looking.

Grahh damnit no matter what I do it just activates Xonotic instead of the addon! What the hell did I do wrong?!

I mean it LOADS with the V.T. emblem! [the wolf with the belly] But that's it!! Augh this is infuriating me. I never had this problem before!

WHAT AM I MISSING?!! .....
or is the mod actually loaded and I'm being just a giant dumbass?

Regardless, what I'm trying to say is....

HALP!!!
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:47 pm

Okay so I did an "Instant" game and it appears all the vore stuff has loaded in...
However, I find myself unable to select my own character/model...
As well as finding I'm unable to even change the matches.

So, it seems everything's loaded, it's just not...'standalone'ish as the previous version. [I remember when V.T. had its own campaign.]
Does it still have its own campaign?
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby RakeVuri » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:28 am

It does not have its own campaign yet in this version. You should be able to select your character model in the player options, not sure why it wouldn't let you unless you installed it wrong.
You should be able to right click and drag the .exe and "create a shortcut." Then just modify the shortcut to have the required line. "-customgamedirname2 data_voretournament"
It should look something like:
"C:\(some_folders_here)\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament
RakeVuri
Participator

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:04 am

RakeVuri wrote:It does not have its own campaign yet in this version. You should be able to select your character model in the player options, not sure why it wouldn't let you unless you installed it wrong.
You should be able to right click and drag the .exe and "create a shortcut." Then just modify the shortcut to have the required line. "-customgamedirname2 data_voretournament"
It should look something like:
"C:\(some_folders_here)\xonotic-0.8.2\Xonotic\xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament

Yeah I got it going. Mmph. Think i preferred the other version, the one with its own campaign. =3=;

I'll wait.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:37 am

It's been exactly two years since Vore Tournament 2.0.0 has been released, as a reboot of the now defunct 0.7.0 branch. During this time roughly 10 new features, 10 gameplay changes, 15 bug fixes, and many smaller modifications have been added to the Git repository. As of this month they're available to the community, with the second release of the project Vore Tournament 2.0.1.

You can find the list of modifications in the CHANGES.md file, here are the most important highlights since the previous release:

• Scripts for launching Vore Tournament under Windows and Linux are now included. Users of those platforms should no longer need to manually create a shortcut and add the parameters by hand.
  • Proper micro / macro bounding boxes. Previously we were unable to change the scale of the actual collision box, only the visual size of the player model was altered... having only the illusion of smaller / larger size caused many issues. Large players may now be too big to fit in some areas (without crouching) whereas small players can be tiny enough to enter tight spaces inaccessible to normal size players.
  • Machine learning for bots. The AI learns which players are usually a predator or prey during the match, and are more likely to chase or avoid individuals based on how they perceive them against the vore traits desired by that bot.
  • Recursive vore is now allowed. Predators can maintain their prey after being eaten, allowing players to be the prey of players who are themselves the prey of other players.
  • Convert the team healing system to reverse digestion, instead of automatically healing team mates when they're the prey of an ally. This allows team mates to safely eat enemies while also healing their allies.
  • Allow peeking outside the stomach and through the predator's mouth when using the zoom key as prey.
  • Fix prey being released at the respawn position of the predator instead of the location where the predator died.
  • Add a new set of default bots, based on characters with specific personalities and likes / dislikes. Each character is briefly documented inside the bots.txt file.

https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... CHANGES.md

Full instructions for running Vore Tournament are available on the official repository:

• Download and install the latest version of Xonotic.
  • Download and unpack the 2.0.1 tag of Vore Tournament from its Gitlab repository.
  • Place the directory inside the root Xonotic folder, then rename it to remove the version from the end of the directory name so that it's called just data_voretournament.
  • Run voretournament-windows.cmd on Windows or voretournament-linux.sh on Linux: This should launch the game on all 64bit versions of the OS.

https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_voretournament

Download Xonotic and Vore Tournament at:

Xonotic: https://xonotic.org/download
Vore Tournament: https://gitlab.com/voretournament/data_ ... -2.0.1.zip

Here are some screenshots iconic to the changes made between 2.0.0 and 2.0.1. Note that some are NSFW (player model nudity):

https://imgur.com/a/VBWCoOy

Spoiler: show

None of this would have been possible without your support. Thank you! If you like Vore Tournament and my other projects, please consider pledging 1$ or more on my Patreon page:

https://patreon.com/MirceaKitsune
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby forgreatjustice18 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:15 pm

Awesome! Is there a limit to how many people you can eat at a time? DLing and will try to install today!
forgreatjustice18
Somewhat familiar

Postby StopherTanuki » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:53 pm

Ok, i put the Vore_Tournament Data file next to the Data folder, created a modified shortcut then get a screen that says files are missing. I am not sure what i did wrong.

ok i tried again, now it runs but it runs the base game. Am i meant to put the shortcut in the actual Vore_Tournament Data folder?
Last edited by StopherTanuki on Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StopherTanuki
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:59 pm

StopherTanuki wrote:Ok, i put the Vore_Tournament Data file next to the Data folder, created a modified shortcut then get a screen that says files are missing. I am not sure what i did wrong.

Don't use modified shortcuts any more: Just place data_voretournament (make sure that's the name) next to data and xonotic.exe, then from it use the included launcher script voretournament-windows.cmd to launch it.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby StopherTanuki » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:19 pm

Ok thanks, it kinda works now. I think i have to rebind a bunch of keys but it runs now
StopherTanuki
Been posting for a bit

Postby CandySquirrel » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:45 pm

I don't mean to sound demanding or entitled - this project is already a huge work, that I'm really thankfull for. But ... is it possible to maybe consder adding disposal at some point ? >_> Maybe implied, non-graphic, optional, cartoonish ... but that would add so much to the humiliation factor of a competitive shooter
CandySquirrel
Somewhat familiar

Postby Entirely_Logical » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:21 am

Having played a few matches against bots, I'd say the tweaked values need further tweaking. The chance to regurgitate increasing for each bit of damage done up to a maximum is interesting, but combined with the change to swallowing - namely that you can no longer immediately re-swallow right afterwards - and the fact that digestion damage to same-sized prey seems to take forever - perhaps even being outpaced by kicks from a single prey; that's difficult to test with the bots - FURTHER combined with the fact that weapons do not do damage below 100hp makes the combat feel... almost arbitrarily difficult now.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:30 am

CandySquirrel wrote:I don't mean to sound demanding or entitled - this project is already a huge work, that I'm really thankfull for. But ... is it possible to maybe consder adding disposal at some point ? >_> Maybe implied, non-graphic, optional, cartoonish ... but that would add so much to the humiliation factor of a competitive shooter

Not a plan I have I'm afraid, sorry. The game is NSFW enough and I think many players might dislike that. The closest is predators regurgitating gibs after being done with the prey.

Entirely_Logical wrote:Having played a few matches against bots, I'd say the tweaked values need further tweaking. The chance to regurgitate increasing for each bit of damage done up to a maximum is interesting, but combined with the change to swallowing - namely that you can no longer immediately re-swallow right afterwards - and the fact that digestion damage to same-sized prey seems to take forever - perhaps even being outpaced by kicks from a single prey; that's difficult to test with the bots - FURTHER combined with the fact that weapons do not do damage below 100hp makes the combat feel... almost arbitrarily difficult now.

The balance is still in early stages. Regurgitating based on damage is probabilistic but requires a moderate amount of damage to be dealt. Remember that the bigger the prey is compared to the pred, the greater the damage... and vice versa.

The reason why digestion takes long and weapons deal limited damage is that VT is focused on the vore experience: I wanted prey to get to spend quite a bit of time inside the predator when getting eaten. Weapons also won't shrink players by default, and only serve to damage armor or bring macros back to standard size.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby NekoYuki » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:41 am

Can you post some images, or a short video, on how to install it, because i'm not sure which is the root folder, and what to edit...
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Entirely_Logical » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:51 pm

The root folder is wherever you have Xonotic installed, so [D:/Games]/Xonotic/ as an example. The game's executable and several folders pertaining to its files should be in there. When you extract the mod, it should appear as a folder labelled data_voretournament_2.0.1; that is what you want to rename.

In any case, I suppose that if one wants to run a server, they'd still have to use the edited shortcuts to bring up the proper console.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby Zhao » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:39 am

Does anyone remember the solution to this -
So i can get into the game fine, i can start a multiplayer with bots, but the ability to vore is not there. And the bots can't do it, they only shoot, and if that is taken away from them, then they only run around.
I remember having this problem, as well as others, in the last version back sometime ago.
I recall finally getting it to work, but i have since deleted the older version months ago. I recall something about a vore mutator, but that does not show in the mutators for me, only the original one, I'm not certain if that was the issue or not.

I also noticed someone mentioned that no one can be killed by weapons( won't damage you past 100 health) but bots still die by them in my game.
I should mention I am running 2.01 and Xonotic 0.8.2, on the github page is says for 0.8.3, but I can find that anywhere, even on the main website. Is there such a thing a Xonotic 0.8.3?

Just to add from looking through recent posts, the vore keys are bound, and while pressing "i" during multiplayer, the vore mutator is not available for some reason.
Zhao
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:23 am

Zhao wrote:Does anyone remember the solution to this -
So i can get into the game fine, i can start a multiplayer with bots, but the ability to vore is not there. And the bots can't do it, they only shoot, and if that is taken away from them, then they only run around.
I remember having this problem, as well as others, in the last version back sometime ago.
I recall finally getting it to work, but i have since deleted the older version months ago. I recall something about a vore mutator, but that does not show in the mutators for me, only the original one, I'm not certain if that was the issue or not.

I also noticed someone mentioned that no one can be killed by weapons( won't damage you past 100 health) but bots still die by them in my game.
I should mention I am running 2.01 and Xonotic 0.8.2, on the github page is says for 0.8.3, but I can find that anywhere, even on the main website. Is there such a thing a Xonotic 0.8.3?

Just to add from looking through recent posts, the vore keys are bound, and while pressing "i" during multiplayer, the vore mutator is not available for some reason.

VT 2.0.1 will work fine with Xon 0.8.2 too. You're likely running Xonotic: Start the game from the script now included in the data_voretournament directory.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Zhao » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:38 am

I am running the voretournament-windows.cmd, is the mutator supposed to be select-able, or should it activate automatically?
Zhao
Been posting for a bit

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game