FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore Tournament 2.0.0 has been released!

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:52 pm

This is it: Today is the day Vore Tournament 2.0.0 is finally released! After months of work on porting the base features, fixing the essential bugs, and setting up a default balance and configuration... we now have an official release, which is easy to download and run on top of any recent Xonotic installation.

Download Vore Tournament 2.0.0 for Xonotic 0.8.2

Instructions are now provided for both the development and release versions in the data_voretournament repository. VT 2.0.0 for Xonotic 0.8.2 can be installed by following the following steps:

• Download and install the latest version of Xonotic from http://xonotic.org You might want to try a vanilla game first, to make sure the base game is working properly.
  • Download the archive of the latest Vore Tournament release from this repository using the download button provided.
  • Unpack this archive inside the base Xonotic directory, so that the "data_voretournament-*" directory is sitting next to the "data" directory.
  • Rename "data_voretournament-*" to "data_voretournament", deleting the extra names and numbers from the directory name.
  • Launch the Xonotic executable with the parameters "-customgamedirname2 data_voretournament" from the command prompt or a modified shortcut. Example: "xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament".

If you want to enjoy yourself to a fun little video before giving it a try, here's the official release clip I put together last week, which briefly shows footage from both the old and new game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JYxtPYltYM
https://vid.me/rxgAW

Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby scottypilgrim » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Having trouble with this last step here I think. How do I Modify a shortcut or run this from cmd. I tried that text you quoted in there but it didn't run
scottypilgrim
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby thevoremorpher07 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:43 pm

bump Scottypilgrim's comment having the exact same issue here.
thevoremorpher07
Somewhat familiar

Postby scottypilgrim » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:53 pm

I got it to run now, putting the path to the program file into the cmd, but now I get an error screen. Not sure exactly what this says to do http://imgur.com/a/Y8vPK
scottypilgrim
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Larax » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:58 pm

If you are using windows - go to you xonotic directory. Right-click on xonotic.exe. Choose an option 'create a shortcut'. Go to your created shortcut. Right-click on it. Run 'options'. Somewhere there should be something like 'path to executable' that would look like "X:\games\Xonotic\Xonotic.exe", depending on where you have Xonotic installed. Replace it with X:\games\Xonotic\Xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament where instead of X:\games\Xonotic\Xonotic.exe - you write your path to xonotic.exe.
Larax
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:28 pm

scottypilgrim wrote:Having trouble with this last step here I think. How do I Modify a shortcut or run this from cmd. I tried that text you quoted in there but it didn't run

thevoremorpher07 wrote:bump Scottypilgrim's comment having the exact same issue here.

Please keep in mind I no longer have Windows, thus I don't remember the exact steps for editing shortcuts. I only know you make a shortcut to the exe file (control + shift + left-click drag it), right-click it and select Properties, then you should find an application target field which references xonotic.exe: Simply add the parameters after that exe and it should work! You will know it works by seeing the VT specific loading screen, instead of the one that says Xonotic. Hope this is helpful.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Bright » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:37 pm

I got it to work.
Haven't seen any servers up yet, but I guess that'll come eventually.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Mab17 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:29 pm

I can't seem to find any options for windowed mode--anyone know how to set it to windowed, or to launch on a separate display? (My laptop has a huge crack in the screen, so I use an external monitor.)
Already tried adding -windowed to the shortcut and setting "vid_desktop_fullscreen" to 0 in config, didn't do anything.

Edit: figured it out. In case anyone else needs to know, deleted vid_desktop and replaced it with just "vid_fullscreen" "0". Worked like a charm.
(Config is in C>Users>(Username)>Saved Games>xonotic>data_voretournament.)
Mab17
Somewhat familiar

Postby RC8015 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:14 am

Working just perfectly. Just missing the old roleplay version where you didnt deal any damage and you could get carried around by the pred together with a few other bots^^ But its fun to play again in a new way.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby seth270 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:32 am

Larax wrote:If you are using windows - go to you xonotic directory. Right-click on xonotic.exe. Choose an option 'create a shortcut'. Go to your created shortcut. Right-click on it. Run 'options'. Somewhere there should be something like 'path to executable' that would look like "X:\games\Xonotic\Xonotic.exe", depending on where you have Xonotic installed. Replace it with X:\games\Xonotic\Xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament where instead of X:\games\Xonotic\Xonotic.exe - you write your path to xonotic.exe.

the Run 'options wouldn't be properties now would it?
seth270
Participator

Postby Aickavon12 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:12 am

So am I typing in the last step wrong cause I can't seem to work. Some people have mentioned they got it to work but not HOW they got it to work.
This song is dedicated to Eka.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:16 am

Aickavon12 wrote:So am I typing in the last step wrong cause I can't seem to work. Some people have mentioned they got it to work but not HOW they got it to work.

Make a shortcut to the exe, right-click it and edit the properties, add the parameters in the target application field after the word "exe". I don't have Windows and can't offer more help than that with this one.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Aickavon12 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:18 am

MirceaKitsune wrote:
Aickavon12 wrote:So am I typing in the last step wrong cause I can't seem to work. Some people have mentioned they got it to work but not HOW they got it to work.

Make a shortcut to the exe, right-click it and edit the properties, add the parameters in the target application field after the word "exe". I don't have Windows and can't offer more help than that with this one.

I understand your limited help due to you using (mac? Linux?) It's just that I do those prementioned steps and it doesn't seem to accept it, saying it's an incorrect pathway. So I was wondering for those who did have trouble and fix it what they did do.

Never gonna give you up! Never Gonna let you down! Never gonna run around, desert you!
Aickavon12
???

Postby Aickavon12 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:42 am

FIGURED IT OUT!

"xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament". is incorrect

"xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 "data_voretournament" is correct

Aickavon12
???

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Aickavon12 wrote:FIGURED IT OUT!

Aha... interesting to know, thanks for sharing this. Once again I use Linux, and no longer have a Windows machine for testing; Over here the command "./xonotic -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament" works just fine, and from what I heard that's also okay for most Win users.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Aickavon12 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:52 pm

could be a difference between windows 10 and 7

Aickavon12
???

Postby Scaleyvore » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:04 pm

this is going to sound pretty stupid of me and very noobish but accidenty "reset" the key bindings and all the vore stuff has vanished x'D how do I fix?
Scaleyvore
Been posting for a bit

Postby Haysack » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Aickavon12 wrote:FIGURED IT OUT!

"xonotic.exe" -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament works fine in windows 10 too.
/Best regards Haysack (aka Swedish horse nommer )
Haysack
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Scaleyvore wrote:this is going to sound pretty stupid of me and very noobish but accidenty "reset" the key bindings and all the vore stuff has vanished x'D how do I fix?

Solution 1 - Find the Xonotic settings directory, which for Windows should be in a Saved Games folder somewhere in your user settings. Delete the directories "data" and "data_voretournament" from there; The engine will make new ones and you will have fresh settings.

Solution 2 - Find the inputs panel in the settings window of the main menu. Scroll all the way to the bottom, and you should find the vore commands there under a "custom keybinds" section, simply remap them there. I believe the defaults are: E = eat, F = feed self, Q = regurgitate, G = digest.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby GoldBerry » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:57 am

So i have installed both Xonotic and the Vore Tournament mod but i cant get the game to work correct.
When i start the game its starts like normal but when i hit instant action ( Random map with Bots )
there are no bots and i cant force them to spawn by going into advanced settings and adjusting the numbers from 0 to 9.
But if i start a local server i can play with the normal Xonotic bots and i can adjust the numbers in the settings
however its still the old bots and not the new ones from the mod.

I do have the old Vore tournament game and i have noticed
that the new vore tournament mod is sharing the same folder as the old one or its adding itself to the old VT folder in Saved games.
Im not sure if that is supposed to happen or not but i did delete it and reinstalled the game and the mod but its still the old bots.

If i start the game without the mod and hit multiplayer i can see a lot of servers but if i start the game with the mod there is none
so i guess it kinda works.

I did however find some things in the advanced settings that im sure is from the mod and that is CL_vore_cutvolume_music
CL_vore_vieweffects_idlescale_Predator CL_vore_vieweffects_idlescale_Prey CL_vore_vieweffects_idlescale_Stomach
and nothing more.

To be honest i have been trying to get the mod to work for over 6 hours straight now
and im not sure if its me doing something wrong or if its a bug.
My best guess is its me trying to do things i cant :silly:
But if anyone know what im doing wrong or know what to do to get the game working correct
please let me know.

And sorry for my bad english.
Im kind stupid and honest :)
GoldBerry
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game