FPS - Vore Tournament

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: FPS - Vore Tournament

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:52 am

GoldBerry wrote:...

The new Vore Tournament does not have a campaign of its own, and the Xonotic campaign is not intended for it. For now only local matches with bots or online matches are available.

As far as directory structure goes, you should think of Xonotic as "loading data" and Vore Tournament as "loading data + data_voretournament"; data contains the normal assets, whereas data_voretournament is loaded on top of it adding new assets as well as replacing existing assets from if they existed under data. This is of course why you need to launch the exe with this parameter, otherwise only data thus vanilla Xonotic is loaded.

As for servers, there are a lot of Xonotic ones but no Vore Tournament ones yet; VT doesn't have the same user base as vanilla Xon, whereas this release just happened yesterday so who had the time to set a server up?

From what you're saying though, the mod is working fine. It's just some features from the old one weren't ported yet, whereas a few aren't planned altogether.
Vore Tournament - A FOSS vore FPS based on Xonotic.
Patreon - Please support me if you enjoy my projects.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby AMCJavelin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:32 am

I'll be downloading and playing this tonight
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby Entirely_Logical » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:21 pm

I know "mah immersions" are a thing, but that sudden locking of the camera in the opposite direction of someone who's eating you needs to not happen. More often than not it's disorienting and disruptive to the flow of gameplay.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby MirceaKitsune » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Entirely_Logical wrote:I know "mah immersions" are a thing, but that sudden locking of the camera in the opposite direction of someone who's eating you needs to not happen. More often than not it's disorienting and disruptive to the flow of gameplay.

Actually I found this to be a bit annoying as well. I still kept it enabled by default because it's more realistic, and also made it feel like the predator has more control over you. It's also logical because you see the mouth overlay covering you from behind, so it's natural that you are spun around to face the opposite way of your predator.

The spinning only happens when a pred first begins swallowing you; If you already have some swallow progress then it won't do that. The problem there is that bots are very good at aiming, as they use math rather than a hand controlling a mouse... so in bot games this makes the player a lot weaker since they can rarely strike first.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby HavocLordX » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:52 pm

I'm confused on how to add this mod into Xonotic, I don't see a command prompt launcher to add what you said in the initial release post for xonotic's version.
can someone point me in the right direction, please?
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby AMCJavelin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:14 pm

HavocLordX wrote:I'm confused on how to add this mod into Xonotic, I don't see a command prompt launcher to add what you said in the initial release post for xonotic's version.

Create a shortcut and right click that shortcut. Proporties and in the target field make the end of that feild look like this: xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament

The Vore tournament data folder should be placed in the xontic folder and next to the data folder. The vore tournament folder should be named this: data_voretournament

I got mine to work and will likely have a room open for multiplayer whenever I am online
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby HavocLordX » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:19 pm

AMCJavelin wrote:
HavocLordX wrote:I'm confused on how to add this mod into Xonotic, I don't see a command prompt launcher to add what you said in the initial release post for xonotic's version.

Create a shortcut and right click that shortcut. Proporties and in the target field make the end of that feild look like this: xonotic.exe -customgamedirname2 data_voretournament

The Vore tournament data folder should be placed in the xontic folder and next to the data folder. The vore tournament folder should be named this: data_voretournament

I got mine to work and will likely have a room open for multiplayer whenever I am online

Step 1 is done: i've extracted the vore-tournament data to the xonotic folder, all I need to know now is how and where I copy-paste the commandline into.
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby AMCJavelin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:23 pm

HavocLordX wrote:
AMCJavelin wrote:

Step 1 is done: i've extracted the vore-tournament data to the xonotic folder, all I need to know now is how and where I copy-paste the commandline into.

Create a shortcut by right clicking the launcher. Once the shortcut is made right click the short cut that says proporties. when you do that it should automatically take you to the right screen, there will be a text box labeled Target. in that text box at the very end of the existing text is where you add the command
ImageImage
AMCJavelin
???

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:55 pm

What does Deploy in Progress mean, and why is it preventing my download?
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:56 am

0Anesthetic4u wrote:What does Deploy in Progress mean, and why is it preventing my download?

No idea, never had that problem here. It might have something to do with Gitlab packing the zip for the Git commit, which I think it does in realtime for each download rather than maintaining the file on the server.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby HavocLordX » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:29 pm

Well, I got VT up and running, now I have to ask, when will we see OTHER voretypes, like vaginal-vore, Nipple & Cleavage vore, or even Anal vore? [all as selectable options.]
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:04 pm

HavocLordX wrote:Well, I got VT up and running, now I have to ask, when will we see OTHER voretypes, like vaginal-vore, Nipple & Cleavage vore, or even Anal vore? [all as selectable options.]

Not planned, sorry. Mechanics would be way too complex, and I don't wish to make the game even more NSFW and questionable than I already decided to :P
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby HavocLordX » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:41 pm

*Shrug* Just a thought, but OK. but you never know when those ideas'll pop up, I mean, oral is nice, but I like me some variety..

Another Question: Is anyone going to be hosting servers for this particular xonotic mod?
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby Belly4U » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:33 pm

D'oh...just seems to be one problem after another, huh? ^^;
I managed to download and install vore tournament correctly, all the furry models are there and work fine but, for some reason, I can't get the vore function to work. >.< Like the keybinds are there and in place, but the function itself doesn't work. As in if I press E to eat, it doesn't eat, or 'vore swallow' as it's shown.

I'm not sure what's wrong with it and why it won't let me consume my foes, I looked in the config and everything is fine. I am playing on low graphics settings, so maybe that's a thing?
Belly4U
Been posting for a bit

Postby MirceaKitsune » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:48 pm

Belly4U wrote:D'oh...just seems to be one problem after another, huh? ^^;
I managed to download and install vore tournament correctly, all the furry models are there and work fine but, for some reason, I can't get the vore function to work. >.< Like the keybinds are there and in place, but the function itself doesn't work. As in if I press E to eat, it doesn't eat, or 'vore swallow' as it's shown.

I'm not sure what's wrong with it and why it won't let me consume my foes, I looked in the config and everything is fine. I am playing on low graphics settings, so maybe that's a thing?

Are you standing close enough to other players, so that the crosshair turns into the (!) symbol? If the keybinds are there, it definitely should be working fine... no idea what it could be if there's a bug there.
MirceaKitsune
???

Postby Belly4U » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:25 pm

MirceaKitsune wrote:Are you standing close enough to other players, so that the crosshair turns into the (!) symbol? If the keybinds are there, it definitely should be working fine... no idea what it could be if there's a bug there.

After reinstalling the game, I figured out what my problem was. Apparently, some of the files were skipped over upon extraction them, some of which were required to use vore in the first place. It wasn't a bug, it was just an error during the process. Thank you for your response though! :D
Belly4U
Been posting for a bit

Postby HavocLordX » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:56 pm

I just got my first "Taste" Of vore tournament multiplayer, love it....a lot. more people should join.

Postscript: I'm serious, It's fun when people get on and the gurgle-fest begins.
HavocLordX
Participator

Postby Entirely_Logical » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:45 pm

I'm having trouble getting the server app to work with this mod now; it crashes every time I try to launch it.
Entirely_Logical
Somewhat familiar

Postby torontofan » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:51 am

What is this all about? It's a legit game where you can eat/be eaten?
torontofan
New to the forum

Postby ThisGuy127 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:12 am

torontofan wrote:What is this all about? It's a legit game where you can eat/be eaten?

You're quite late to this thread in particular, and it's direct sequel has just been released.

Essentially, take a typical arcade shooter akin to the good ol' quake era of gaming, and incorporate vore as (usually) the direct means of "fragging" enemy players. Mechanically speaking it's certainly an experience you have to spend some time around to fully get, and I haven't tried the sequel project yet.

Back in the day there were plenty of "RP matches" that took the gamemode out of the matches and left players to their devices, eating each other or NPCs out of pleasure, competition, or even as a fun "zombie" gamemode variant where the eaten become the hunters of the remaining few. Definitely go give the sequel a try (It's around here somewhere) and if you're really curious, the original is loads of fun too.
ThisGuy127
Somewhat familiar

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game