krishna3ca's vgame help

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

krishna3ca's vgame help

Postby Serrow » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:01 am

Right, so I really want to try this game out, but every time I try to run it, a command window pops up for a split second then vanishes, and nothing happens.

I tried to follow the instructions in the guide, but the MS link brings up a 'could not be found' page, and I have the latest version of Java.

I'm on windows 7.

Please help? :<
Serrow
New to the forum

Re: krishna3ca's vgame help

Postby Seifens » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:45 am

What are you doing to try and run it? The version of run.bat that comes with the game doesn't work correctly in 64 bit systems due to database driver issues. You can get around this by just double clicking on test2.jar (or vgame.jar if you're using my mod).
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Serrow » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:03 am

Odd.. I don't see any test2.jar, and I'm still installing chapter 5 so I haven't had an opportunity to test your mod yet.
Serrow
New to the forum

Postby Seifens » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:18 am

test2.jar was introduced in chapter 3's release... it's basically an executable version of all the .class files that are in the Production directory. It should also be in the Production directory along with everything else.

If you're running on a 64 bit system, you should be able to make a small change to run.bat to make it work. By default the file looks like this:

Code: Select all
java -cp . TestApplication

You should just need to change it to this (though you may want to save it as a new 'run64.bat' file if you want to play things safe):

Code: Select all
%windir%"\syswow64\java.exe" -cp . TestApplication

That basically forces windows to use the 64 bit version of Java which can actually see the database drivers. However, you should probably just install all of the chapters before you start. Each new chapter was basically a patch on previous ones, and often included fixes for existing issues.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ptbptb » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:46 am

If you don't mind being a beta tester you could try the version I'm working on.

Basically it's to allow you to use Hiccup's mod with chapter 6 content. But if you use the original Hiccup's mod with Chapter 5 then your save files will not be compatible* with the original chapter 6 or with chapter 6 and my modified Hiccup's mod. I've also corrected a lot of minor English errors and added some tweaks to make things a little more logical in places. (e.g. You can now rescue Helen in the first town, and it has (minor) consequences later).

Double-click test2.jar didn't work for me. I used the following in the run.bat file

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java" -cp . TestApplication

Although I use Seifens' mod now so the current version of run.bat is

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\java" -jar vgame.jar -cp .

* Save files from CH5+original Hiccup's mod can be fixed, but it would be a fiddle to do and you need MS Access or similar.
ptbptb
Been posting for a bit

Postby Serrow » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:08 am

Right! So I got it working now, but the only isusue is that there's an annoying grey flashing every time I move. Thank you both for being so helpful thus far, xD.

I'd love to beta-test the version, but I want to play through the mod first to see how everything goes before I try to test something.
Serrow
New to the forum

Postby ptbptb » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:23 am

Serrow wrote:annoying grey flashing every time I move

I had that problem with the original interface. It was fixed for me with seifens' mod.

I'd love to beta-test the version, but I want to play through the mod first to see how everything goes before I try to test something.

Sure. The first parts are pretty well tested, though. It's after the first two towns that you're more likely to encounter stuff that's messed up. :wink:
ptbptb
Been posting for a bit

Postby Serrow » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:46 am

Sounds fun, it's just this annoying flashing that's bugging me. xD
Serrow
New to the forum

Postby krishna3ca » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:02 pm

The flashing bug happens with the new version of java and a old version of the engine. Installing the chapter 6 or using Seifens client mod should correct the problem.
krishna3ca
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby ptbptb » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:51 pm

It looks like attacks do the same damage regardless of how strong (melee weapon) or how intelligent (magic spell) you are. I think it would be nice if a level 50 character with strength of 20 would do a lot more damage with an iron short sword than a level 2 character with strength of 4.
ptbptb
Been posting for a bit

Postby boo » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:52 pm

Ive got this flashing bug too. You said that 6 chapter should be installed but here on eka's portal i found oly four chapters. where the rest can be downloaded. The flashing makes the game unenjoyable :(
boo
New to the forum

Postby krishna3ca » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:13 pm

krishna3ca
Intermediate Vorarephile

Return to Vore game