Making a game with Vore, need tips :)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Making a game with Vore, need tips :)

Postby diablodevil2 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:14 pm

Well, based on the health...I'd assume it'd be some sort of acid-vomit. Or, you know, ahm. If the AV character was considered, a large gassing.
diablodevil2
Author

Postby Pegadygor » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:27 pm

MegaManSE wrote:What do yall think about the idea of a super attack that costs health to do? And what would you imagine something like that would be?

Sounds good to me.
Either that, or a seperate energy that fills up with each devoured prey, depending on how difficult it'd be to adjust the program for that.

As for the attack itself.. I think it would depend on the controlled character. In general, should act like a smart-bomb and clean the screen of enemies.
A blob-like creature could spray goo everywhere, a snake slams it's tail to the ground to cause an earthquake, a plant could extend tendrils and whip everything out of the way, etc.
Pegadygor
Absent-minded glitter-dragon
Absent-minded glitter-dragon

Postby MegaManSE » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:21 am

Uploaded the engine so far: http://aryion.com/content/godzilla-proj ... 17882307=1
You are the black box, people are the colored boxes. Click on the people to grab them. Then you have 3 options:
1. click in the sky somewhere to throw them
2. click on the person in your hand to crush them
3. click on yourself to eat them

It still has a long way to go but figured I would put up what's been done in about a day and a half of work :)
MegaManSE
Been posting for a bit

Postby Firon » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:45 am

it'd help if you didn't disallow access to content......I can't view it in order to test and rate it
Firon
---

Postby MegaManSE » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:50 am

This is my first time uploading stuff here. Did I forget some setting that allows other people to access the file?
MegaManSE
Been posting for a bit

Postby MegaManSE » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:12 pm

BTW the game is a flash file, swf so just pop it in your browser and it should run. There is *no* artwork in it yet, just physics and game engine stuff.
MegaManSE
Been posting for a bit

Postby Nibor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:17 pm

MegaManSE wrote:This is my first time uploading stuff here. Did I forget some setting that allows other people to access the file?

i think you did ;) :P
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby MegaManSE » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:50 pm

Admin said I need to fill out more info and reupload the game so it will be approved. Will do that when I get home tonight.
MegaManSE
Been posting for a bit

Postby Gah » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:41 am

Couldn't Download it Megaman.

Still, this sounds promising. I wish I could help but I'm already booked on other projects. All I can do is wish you luck and tell you I'll probably play it when it's done.

Hell, I wanna try out what you have now just cause it sounds like it might go somewhere.
Gah
Participator

Postby MegaManSE » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:31 am

OK, reuploaded the game with proper description text. I think it will be approved this time. The link is here: http://aryion.com/content/godzilla-game?1463623209=1
MegaManSE
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sehnsucht » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:14 pm

MegaManSE wrote:OK, reuploaded the game with proper description text. I think it will be approved this time. The link is here: http://aryion.com/content/godzilla-game?1463623209=1

Hmm :\ Unfortunately, same again. I imagine you can test it by logging out. Does the link work for you?
Sehnsucht
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby MegaManSE » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:49 pm

MegaManSE
Been posting for a bit

Postby starshower » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:47 am

for me its only showing blocks of bule and qink is something worng with the game?
starshower
Somewhat familiar

Postby Firon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:58 am

ok the game is working.....but it gets extremely laggy extremely fast.....it's very bad practice to not have self deleting obejects

and since you decided that all mobs throw off a ton of gore if you kick them or crush them then it adds to very quickly

my other gripe is that your game will not load outside a browser....now I don't know why but a lot of flash stuff does that lately
Firon
---

Postby mr_dawg » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:56 am

starshower wrote:for me its only showing blocks of bule and qink is something worng with the game?

It's a demo of the engine, he's still looking for an artist so the boxes are placeholders. He stated that multiple times and it's even on the page where you downloaded it from :|
mr_dawg
Somewhat familiar

Postby Gah » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:58 am

Seems like a good start. I hate to be overly critical at this stage, but have you given thought to exactly what the objective of the game will be? I mean, I like flinging people around and being a big massive monster as much as the next guy (Using imagination, I see basically what your illustrating).. But, even Rampage had something you had to do to progress and alike. Given any thought about what will be the 'Game' of your Vore game?
Gah
Participator

Postby MegaManSE » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:16 am

@Firon - I have to compile it as 'air' to run outside the browser which is a separate process but doable
@Gah - yes I have put thought into this, you will get points for the amount of destruction you cause. Eating people just regains life because there will be enemies that are attacking you taking your life down. The objective will be get the most amount of points before A) you die or B) time runs out. I was also thinking of putting in a global ranking system where you can see in real time your global score rank as you gain points but other than that I'm not sure what other social elements to include yet. Usually some way to have user generated content does really well but I'm not sure how that would fit in.
MegaManSE
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dragonlord » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Well I was unable to acess the game, I think for not having the right software or something despite having followed all the links to the site and downloading it, but I have this to say about the game.

*I agree that scat sould be optional as it disgust me.
*There should either be multiple characters or unlockable characters.
*Each character should have their own kind of vore (unbirth, anal, absorption, ect)
*You wanted a sexual aspect added to the game, why not set it in a nudist colony and have characters make 'satisfied' sounds when voring?

I hope these help you and that I'm eventually able to see the finished product.
Dragonlord
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Vore game