Tifalover and Journeyman's Game - ANIMATOR NEEDED!

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Tifalover and Journeyman's Game - ANIMATOR NEEDED!

Postby Aesir » Wed May 04, 2011 8:52 am

Me and Journeyman wrote up our own version of the same ad, and sort of mishmashed them.

JOURNEYMAN-
Animator Desired!

We're currently working on a first-person shooter game and are looking for a volunteer assistant graphic artist who would be able to take character art from the lead artist and produce short sets of still images representing those characters in action. These would be provided to the programming lead for inclusion in the game.

Briefly, about the game:

The story takes place in Midgaia, a fantasy universe created by TifaLover.
Girls from the main character's home village have gone missing, and it's up to one surviving heroine and her loyal friend to find the lost girls before their fates are sealed by the ravenous forces outside the village!

What would be expected of the assistant graphic artist:

Image sequences in png format, 256x256 pixels (with transparency) or 512x512 pixels (with transparency) depicting movement, attack, and death of the various characters created by the lead artist.

Please provide...whatever TL needs to ge the feeling that the art skills will represent cuteness and general awesome. TL? :D

TIFALOVER-

After much discussion, myself and Journeyman have decided to bring on another member to help with this game project. Specifically, we need someone to make up the sprites and their animations.

Originally, I was going to do this, but as we discussed the game it has...Grown quite a bit. From an original concept of a couple levels with some hungry Preds, it's grown into a fully story driven game with illustrated cutscenes and some lovely little characters.

Basically, we both decided we wanted to make a game first. The vore stuff is still a main part of the game, but we both discussed problems we felt with these type of games lacking story or motivation, among other things. So we wanted to make a real feeling game. The kind of thing you care about playing, and eventually beating.

This is where the problem comes in. I'm going to need to focus on character designs and art, certain level concepts, and illustrating all of the cutscenes. If I have to do this, PLUS the sprite work, this game may take ages to make.

So we're proposing an audition system. The rules for applicants are as such:
-You should be able to mimic my art style. One thing we're both concerned about is inconsistent art.
-I will leave 3 examples of Sprites I've made up (Forest Naga, Bird Girl, and Amazon Catgirl), your goal will be to draw a Sprite set of one of them acting. Be it a Walk animation, an Attack animation, or whatever.
-The Sprite size should be 256x256 or 512x512. We'd prefer higher res sprites, but don't submit at 512 unless you feel comfortable using that resolution for ALL the sprites.
-The sprites must be saved as PNG's with a Transparent Background.
-It's best you have a Messenger for real time talk, should we decide to bring you on board. We both use YIM.

Send your applications (And any other info) in a Private Message to me.

One thing we'd like to make clear is that while we'll certainly consider suggestions, many things about the game have been decided already, and me (Lead Artist) and Journeyman (Lead Programmer) have the final say in matters.

Thank you.
-TL

Aesir
Participator

Re: Tifalover and Journeyman's Game - ANIMATOR NEEDED!

Postby ArrancarX5 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:21 pm

I have question, will there be breastvore, unbirthing, and some other vore-types?
ArrancarX5
---

Postby Aesir » Wed May 04, 2011 5:33 pm

That's not decided yet. For now, simply oral vore. There won't be any breast vore, but Succubus enemies may possibly Unbirth via a special attack. There are plant-like enemies as well, for those who enjoy that sort of thing.
Aesir
Participator

Postby ArrancarX5 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:12 pm

--
Last edited by Eka on Wed May 04, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post removed due to making unsolicited request.
ArrancarX5
---

Postby Gah » Wed May 04, 2011 7:14 pm

This seems like an interesting project. I'm considering trying my hand at it but I'm concerned on just how much of a work load will be involved.
Exactly how many angles will one be expected to animate? will it be the typical 5 points like in Doom (front, 3/4 front, side, 3/4 back, back) or could perhaps you contend with less? After doing a bit of math of some of the basic animations needed, It's beginning to look like this could become very overwhelming for one person very quickly.
Gah
Participator

Postby Zalzas » Wed May 04, 2011 7:16 pm

oh awesome-sauce! this looks like its going to be a heck of a lot of fun, and its right up my ally too! I'm working on my application right now. ^_^ By the way, do you have a slightly higher resolution of those sprites you could upload? its a little hard getting the finer detailing of your shading and line work right when it looks so pixelated up close ^^;
Zalzas
New to the forum

Postby Gah » Wed May 04, 2011 7:37 pm

Also, Not to bog you down with to many questions this early in the game; but just how many different character's would one be expected to animate for? Ball park.

I hope I'm not coming off as to demanding for info; I just wanna know what I'd be getting into if I auditioned and made the grade.
Gah
Participator

Postby ArrancarX5 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:59 pm

could be interesting to see what kind o' monsters you guys come up with!
ArrancarX5
---

Postby Aesir » Wed May 04, 2011 8:35 pm

Gah wrote:This seems like an interesting project. I'm considering trying my hand at it but I'm concerned on just how much of a work load will be involved.
Exactly how many angles will one be expected to animate? will it be the typical 5 points like in Doom (front, 3/4 front, side, 3/4 back, back) or could perhaps you contend with less? After doing a bit of math of some of the basic animations needed, It's beginning to look like this could become very overwhelming for one person very quickly.

Also, Not to bog you down with to many questions this early in the game; but just how many different character's would one be expected to animate for? Ball park.

I hope I'm not coming off as to demanding for info; I just wanna know what I'd be getting into if I auditioned and made the grade

At this moment, all is being animated as if it's looking straight at you. However, with the inclusion of a certain mechanic we've planned since the start but haven't yet implemented into the engine, each Pred will need a walking animation to each side.

I haven't sat down and figured out a real ballpark figure yet, and I don't want to reveal too much, but we're planning to take it a level at a time. There are perhaps 15 or so different regular enemies, who will each need movement animations, usually a single attack animation (I can only think of one monster atm I was debating giving a secondary attack to), and death animations. In addition, we planned for a animation for each of the monsters with them eating the main character in their own ways for game overs. The bosses will also have these animations, but often more than one type of attack.

I'm hoping it won't be too overwhelming, but it likely won't be a walk in the park. The current Forest Naga (First Boss) I have animated, however, only has a 4-frame walking animation and looks plenty fine. That may help for frame of referance.

Zalzas wrote:oh awesome-sauce! this looks like its going to be a heck of a lot of fun, and its right up my ally too! I'm working on my application right now. ^_^ By the way, do you have a slightly higher resolution of those sprites you could upload? its a little hard getting the finer detailing of your shading and line work right when it looks so pixelated up close ^^;

Unfortunately, I don't have larger versions of them. Feel free to ask me, however, about any specific details.
Aesir
Participator

Postby Evilpancake » Wed May 04, 2011 10:53 pm

--
Last edited by Eka on Thu May 05, 2011 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Post removed due to unsolicated request
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Kiyoa » Thu May 05, 2011 5:23 pm

You rang?

This is a bit of a test, just the linework for the Harpies "walk" cycle, to see if it passes muster. It strikes me as sufficiently fluid, but I rarely consider myself a reliable opinion on my own work.

So, yeah, what thinketh thee on my weird proportions and possibly unnecessary redesign of the bird gals "clothing." Also, I think the wing beat animation may need to be adjusted a bit.
Attachments
harpy_forward.gif
Dem hips!
harpy_forward.gif (12.94 KiB) Viewed 6174 times
Kiyoa
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aesir » Thu May 05, 2011 6:35 pm

I have sent Kiyoa the info for the next step of the process already. Me and Journeyman both love his animation, but are still waiting to see what other applicants show up.

Other applicants, feel free to PM or post your completed sets soon!
Last edited by Aesir on Thu May 05, 2011 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aesir
Participator

Postby Journeyman » Thu May 05, 2011 9:42 pm

Hiya folks!

I mentioned a bit back in the showcase thread that we are working on creating full-blown, actual game levels, but that I might release another tech demo before we buckled down and assembled the real thing with the animations that we're hoping to receive. I've been doing a sort of very large amount of programming, and we've got a lot of things in place in terms of moving, shooting, drawing stuff, etc.

So....to that end, here's the latest, and probably last, Tech Demo! (link below)
And please, please remember, this is not the game! It's not even a level from the game! This is a tech demo. Some of this may appear in the final game, or maybe none of it :D

The intent is to provide you guys with an idea of the kind of graphics and animations we're talking about here, and what they look like in-game, so that you can get a good sense of what we're asking for and what you'd be creating. We also want you to get a feel for the gameplay, and maybe even get a bit excited about it (we certainly are!)

(Probably) F.A.Q:
Q: How do I quit?
A: Press Esc. And while I'm answering that, Wasd to move, left-click to shoot, space to duck

Q: Why am I shooting puppies?
A: You are not. You're shooting baddies. That turn into puppies. Also, if you become our animator, you'll get to provide me with something to swap in for the puppies!

Q: Why isn't there <myFavouriteThing> in this. And will there be?
A: No. Ask, and...and ye shall not receive, out of pure spite? Don't make me not want to code this, please :)

Q: Why <insert anything>
A: It's unfinished, remember? :D

The tech demo is meant to show you that we really, truly have tons of code and some characters all done up, and it works as a game, and this can really happen.

So, let me know about problems with gameplay--those, I want to know. Don't let us know that you think thisAndThat type of vore would really be a nice addition. And let TL know about your animating skillz. He's all over this.

Ok, now, a link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14325048/LatestBuild4_1.exe

Partytime!
Journeyman.
Journeyman
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Firon » Fri May 06, 2011 5:23 am

alright I've had a good look over of the lastest tech build and all seems well in the techincal front........there were no errors during playthrough.....the look movement was nice and fluid.....walking wasn't impeded too much by scenery

I'd say you've done very well with this build
Firon
---

Postby Unfortunate » Fri May 06, 2011 2:47 pm

I would try but I don't think I am good enough in flash yet to have my anims stand beside Kiyoa's and not look awful... :(
Your friendly neighbourhood bad artist.
Unfortunate
Participator

Postby Gah » Fri May 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Great potential for a game here, that's for sure. The only thing I would suggest that isn't apparent to be approved upon in the final product would be making it faster.

I'm still working on thumbnails. I'm a slow turd :/
Gah
Participator

Postby Number-2 » Fri May 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Gah wrote:Great potential for a game here, that's for sure. The only thing I would suggest that isn't apparent to be approved upon in the final product would be making it faster.

Holding Shift makes you move faster :wink:
Number-2
Somewhat familiar

Postby Aesir » Sun May 08, 2011 8:14 pm

Alright, we're closing this topic since we've found our animator.

I will delete this topic once we make the topic to debut our true demo, which is also where you can expect to find the release of the game when it's finished.
Aesir
Participator

Return to Vore game