VGame chapter 7

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: VGame chapter 7

Postby DarkRain » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:00 am

chapters 1 - original game?
It is necessary to throw all the chapters 2-7?
DarkRain
Somewhat familiar

Postby Azirov » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:09 am

DarkRain wrote:chapters 1 - original game?

Chapter 1 is not the whole game just a part of it.
Azirov
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:59 am

Azirov wrote:
DarkRain wrote:chapters 1 - original game?

Chapter 1 is not the whole game just a part of it.

It's not strictly necessary to install them all right away with my latest client. The only parts of the install it uses are the assets (images and sounds), which, if you have chapter 1 installed, should get you through chapter 1 without needing to install chapter 2. Once you pass a certain point in the story though, you'll start missing graphics again.

My recommendation would be if you're not sure about it, grab chapter 1 and try it out, and if you like it then you can download the rest.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby therusted » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:42 pm

Hello,something strange is happening on my game,first it only works with seifens's client and i get lots of errors if i try without it,second i edited the database file but changes ae not seen ingame but if i replace any image it shows ingame the changed image,and third even if i remove the mdb files from the game folder things continue the same like the game is not reading the mdb files when using seifens's cient or not being able to read them with the normal client.

any ideas how to fix that so i can make my database edits work ingame?

therusted
Somewhat familiar

Postby Seifens » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:02 pm

therusted wrote:like the game is not reading the mdb files when using seifens's cient or not being able to read them with the normal client.

This is it exactly.

It may or may not be a comfort to know that things are working just as they should. My latest update took the contents of the game data and exported them to another file called vgame.dat, which should be in the directory alongside vgame.jar. That takes the place of vdata.mdb when using my client. Saved games are likewise written individually into a files in a new directory the game creates.

You can read the first post in my client thread for more information about why, but the short version is that newer versions of java/windows don't support mdb files, so it can be a royal pain getting vgame to work on them as long as it relies on the databases. So I updated the client to not require them. This theoretically will allow the game to work on mac and linux as well, though I have no confirmation of that.

This unfortunately means mods won't work the way they used to, but there are details in my thread about how to create a new vgame.dat with your changes. Unfortunately it requires that you are set up to run from mdbs, which those errors you're getting indicate you are not.
Seifens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby therusted » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:17 pm

Yay,thank you Seifens

i unistalled java 8 and installed java 7 and magic happened,mods work again

Thank you again :D
therusted
Somewhat familiar

Postby bledthorn » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:33 pm

anyone have the full game of this need to reinstall it and having trouble with the whole chapter thingi so would like to just have one download to install that way
bledthorn
Somewhat familiar

Postby zombieking125 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:05 pm

FurFoxar wrote:I found a way to run the game without downgrading. On 64bit computers.
We need to use an old portable version of JAVA to make it work, like Jportable.

So we go in this repo: http://sourceforge.net/projects/portabl ... 0Portable/
And download any Jportable_update_7.
Then, we install it in a folder (it's not really an installation: It's a portable app, so it doesn't make any registry entry).

After the installation, we go into our our installation folder, search for something like: CommonFiles\Java\bin.
You copy this path (full path).

Then, you go into your Vgame folder, open the run.bat with any text editor and just paste the path before the 'java'. Which give you something like this:
Code: Select all
E:\Jportable\CommonFiles\Java\bin\java -cp . TestApplication

Then, you run the bat. And it should work.

EDIT: You can also type this, if you have any mod, or jar:
Code: Select all
E:\Jportable\CommonFiles\Java\bin\java -jar vgame.jar

If only i knew about that little code trick a while ago, i would've saved myself a lot of trouble.Still a valid solution! Thanks!
zombieking125
Been posting for a bit

Postby FurFoxar » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:37 am

And, of course (as I just edited in my OP), remember, for those that wants to use this solution, to change the command path to the actual path where you installed Jportable, it won't work otherwise (you can copy the path when you are in Jportable folder by clinking on the adress bar of Explorer, in windows).
Please excuse my bad speilling... English is not my first language. Thanks !
FurFoxar
Been posting for a bit

Postby karmicOnion » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:07 pm

So I used the Dark Elf Ring towards the end of the game to enter the Dark Elf city and now cannot change back. Is there anyway to remove the polymorph effect?
karmicOnion
Been posting for a bit

Postby Midir » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:18 am

You cannot.. this is a curse, not the spell.

I like how this game has the possibility to play any of the possible races.. maybe we could use its opensourceness and make something new on its basis? ^^" I mean the same system, just a new plot, some open world and such!
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby momonari » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:39 am

Certainly the greatest asset of the game is how extremely customizable it is ... I myself have invented a handful of spells... But story events... judging by the sheer amount of entries dedicated to story events in the "vdata" file .... that sounds like A LOT of work !!
momonari
Participator

Postby Midir » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:16 am

I am a huge fan of procedural generation I am sure we can figure something out if we make characters deep enough ^^"
Well it would require further tweaking with the code though...
Midir
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby player1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:39 pm

Hey there,

I recently went back into vgame and ran into an issue which quicly became problematic. i made the mistake of saving while shrunk and paralyzed, when loading the save, the effect seems to never vanish

Is there any command that can remove the shrunk and paralyzed effect? i don't want to revert to another save since the last one is far from where i am actually
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AuraDrak » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:00 pm

krishna3ca, Can you provide a link to the full upload again?
AuraDrak
Been posting for a bit

Postby kirbyblade » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:56 pm

AuraDrak wrote:krishna3ca, Can you provide a link to the full upload again?

You can find all seven chapters in the Vore Download page.

Here is a link https://aryion.com/content/vore-downloads
kirbyblade
New to the forum

Postby karmicOnion » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:21 pm

Midir wrote:You cannot.. this is a curse, not the spell.

Ah that sucks, I don't think I have a save from before I put the ring on. Suppose I'll have to start over.
karmicOnion
Been posting for a bit

Postby RediQ » Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:40 am

Flamingojoe wrote:
Midir wrote:You cannot.. this is a curse, not the spell.

Ah that sucks, I don't think I have a save from before I put the ring on. Suppose I'll have to start over.

I am almost certain that the dark elf ring effect eventually wears off over time, you just have to wait kind of a while.

IIRC the visual effect might not update properly when it wears off, like you might still retain the appearance of a dark elf until you reload the game, but you'll know it's gone if some of the dark elves/guards start turning hostile again
RediQ
Participator

Postby momonari » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:27 am

player1 wrote:Hey there,

I recently went back into vgame and ran into an issue which quicly became problematic. i made the mistake of saving while shrunk and paralyzed, when loading the save, the effect seems to never vanish

Is there any command that can remove the shrunk and paralyzed effect? i don't want to revert to another save since the last one is far from where i am actually

go into cheats and use the script command:

RemoveBonusSource(BonusID,0)

In "Bonus ID" you need the list number of the effect you want to remove, for paralysation it's 9, so you go to cheats and type:

RemoveBonusSource(9,0)

that should remove the paralyzation

But for the shrinking it's a little more complicated, because the ID for the shrinking effect varies depending on how you got shrunk:

by a river faerie (31) so
RemoveBonusSource(31,0)

by a faerie mage (255) so that would be
RemoveBonusSource(255,0)

by Lilith (498) so that would be
RemoveBonusSource(498,0)

by a potion, (113) so that would be
RemoveBonusSource(113,0)

shrink spell (189) so that would be
RemoveBonusSource(189,0)

If you're not sure how you got shrunk, just try them all, one of them has to work !! xD
momonari
Participator

Postby Psycho_wolvesbane » Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:41 am

Hi, I'm not sure what chapter I'm on at the moment but I get a game freeze when I try to activate the east gate in Ornan after I've come back from the southern desert and the underwater temple, and its been a while so I can't remember where to go next in order to get the Queen to open the East Gate, can you help?
Psycho_wolvesbane
Participator

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game