Vore Interactive Fiction.

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Vore Interactive Fiction.

Postby AlexBrymm » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:13 pm

Hi. A few of you may faintly remember a little project started up as a vore interactive fiction attempt, quite a while ago. Due to my own lack of interest, that project crashed and burned quite rapidly. But from the smoldering wreckage of that comes something new, something better thought out, something that is actually designed well enough that it doesn't cause permanent brain damage when you try to edit something!

Yes, like a phoenix from the ashes, thus returns THE VORE TEXT ADVENTURE!

...Too dramatic?

Eh. Alright, here's the base facts:

It's currently "functional": That is, you can eat things and things can eat other things.
It's almost empty. Nothing can eat you yet and there's only one real vorish scene so far.
It's designed so that new content can fairly easily be added without rewriting half the game.
It still needs work before it's actually going to be worth more than two minutes of playtime.
I'm officially referring to this as the proof-of-concept version

So, you presumably ask me, "For what reason should I actually play this thing? Also, can I eat you?" To answer your question, yes, you can. Everyone knows that writers are delicious. To answer your OTHER, more relevant question, here's a couple decent reasons:

It's a tiny file, and only requires a small software download to actually play it.
Playing it and reporting bugs, typos, or just plain bad writing helps a ton! Feel free to be as picky as you like: If you report something wrong, I'll probably fix it.
Finally, and most importantly, this game is going to prominently feature USER SUGGESTIONS. "What does that mean?", you probably aren't asking. But in case you do, here's the gist of it: You want something? You get it. Want some unbirth, or BV, or maybe even CV? You got it, if enough people want it you'll probably see it in the next version. Nagas, furries, giants, whatever? Pred or prey? Whatever you like! I'm going to rely on you folks as my wellspring of ideas. Are you a writer or an artist? You could even suggest that your own character gets a cameo appearance!

So, relying on my psychic abilities of precognition, I once again see you asking me a question: "So what's in the current version, and what's coming soon?" Allow me to answer both of those with another brief list, this one encapsulated in spoiler tags for those explorers among us who want to find things out for themselves:

Spoiler: show
Right now, there's some food you can eat and digest and a certain someone who you can feed to a certain someone else.
There's a small puzzle or two. It's still an IF game after all.
It's pretty obvious when you've reached the end. All told, there's probably only about ten minutes worth of gameplay here.
Most of the interesting content is in the kitchen south of the main area. Try eating everything in there, and experiment!

Not much so far. But what comes next?
Next, first of all, is finding a way to deal with the odd indigestible item or unusually resiliant that your character is sure to accidently nom down. I'm hesitant to include the obvious full-tour solution as the default (Although I'm sure it will interest some people, myself included), but I suppose that I can find a way to do it that avoids bothering those who aren't interested in the other end of the digestive process, so to speak.
After I figure out a way to solve that, the digestion mechanics need rewriting, slightly. Mostly just to keep the player from being spammed with messages every turn as they are now.
After that is three major things that need added: CONTENT, CONTENT, AND MORE CONTENT.
The set of portals in the main area will each lead to different areas populated with fun places and people to explore. Thus, new areas can be easily added without rethinking half the game!
Finally, an optional sequence might be added to the start of the game so you can pick your character's gender and possibly other options, such as the inevitable scat or no scat decision. The former will be important for any BV, UB, or CV that's added, and the latter for people who get grossed out by poo. Of course, it's likely that this might be skipped over until later.

There are a few things that WON'T be possible:
The way that I've made this, it won't be easy to simply mix and match predators and prey. Only preds that are specifically designated to eat a prey will do so: Otherwise, it gets a whole lot more complicated. This means that if you catch a mouse, you'll only be able to feed it to people or animals that are specifically programmed to do so. This means that interactions between preds and preys will be somewhat more limited, but it also means that I can easily add well made descriptive text to each and every possible encounter.
Of course, there's a silver lining to that: Since the game is so easy to modify, if you think it's odd that the bullfrog can swallow the pet rat but not the hamster, as a completely hypothetical example, just ask and you might find it possible in the next version.
As an addition to above, taking people through portals will probably be prohibited due to the likely possibility of nonsensical gaps in pred-prey relations. So yes, you'll have to find a way to get rid of your "passengers" before heading back to the main hub. Yes, that's kind of arbitrary, but you'd get a headache too if you had to consider what happens should the player smuggle a robot-naga from the future into the Ancient Den of the Tentacle Monsters. Trust me, it'll be easier for both of us if we avoid that sort of scenario.

A final predicted query, and perhaps the most important: "SO HOW DO I PLAY THIS, MR WORDS MC-TALKYMAN?" Easy. Download the attached file, and run it in an interpreter. What's an interpreter?
This is.
You want the download labeled wingit-128.zip. NOTE: I just updated this link: The original probably won't work. Redownload that if you're confused.

So download it, extract it, and have fun. Oh, that link might not work for non-windows systems. If anyone needs it, I'll take a peek around and see if I can find something else for Mac and Linux users, although I assume that if you're a linux user you're nerdy enough to find your own software.

So have fun, and leave your comments, questions, and suggestions here. Happy voring! is that our slogan?

DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://rapidshare.com/files/657568770/IFV_Test.gblorb

EDIT 1: Whoops. Pressed submit instead of preview. Have patience for a second while I wrap this up and add the download link.
EDIT 2: Fixed that. Enjoy. Also, the above note now makes no sense whatsoever! Something is probably still screwy here so expect more of these little notes.
EDIT 3: Man, am I psychic or what? The link to the interpreter was wrong, fixed it. Download from the new link if you're having trouble.
Last edited by AlexBrymm on Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
AlexBrymm
Been posting for a bit

Re: Vore Interactive Fiction.

Postby Tyrantofsyberia » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Hehe.
My seeking rp thread: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=23889&p=789440#p789440
Always open for rp.
不渡り裁判官グラシエラオルベラへ:

病原性細菌は、汝の表皮上におることがあります
Tyrantofsyberia
???

Postby AlexBrymm » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:34 pm

Fun fact: One of the last things I did before making the above post was remove the following line from the game file:

Code: Select all
Before touching the cat, move banana to your room.

I...Have no idea why I would want the banana in the starting room to begin with, much less what the cat has to do with it.
I'm almost a little afraid that that was actually an extremely vital failsafe that will result in great crashing due to its removal.

The things you find in your own code, honestly. I still have no clue, an hour after finding that, why I would have possibly wrote it. Perhaps some sort of early banana related debug command that accidently got appended to a cat related check?
AlexBrymm
Been posting for a bit

Postby Sehnsucht » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:42 am

Wa-hey! IF! I'll play around with your game when I get a chance but I love the idea of IF. So much so I have two overly complicated Inform7 projects, one a cat-and-mouse thing, one a demon-and-priest thing. What do you program in? Are you open to the idea of sharing the source in public, or between those interested?
Sehnsucht
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AlexBrymm » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:52 pm

Yeah, I'm using Inform 7. The nice thing about it is that it's already in psuedocode: No need to translate for people who aren't familiar with the language!

I'd probably be somewhat interested in sharing the code. The nice thing about my current approach is that, theoretically, anyone could write up their own new area without affecting the rest of the game, thus making it easy for guest authors or whatever to experiment. The downside is, of course, possibly needing to copy-paste a bit of code for each vore encounter, but I think it's worthwhile to avoid the inevitable chimera of a universal system for all encounters. This way, at least, authors can experiment with different approaches to vore and digestion without having to tango with a system designed to do things only in one specific pattern.

Anyhow, if anyone want to check out my (messy) code, send me a message and I'll send back the source.
AlexBrymm
Been posting for a bit

Postby AlexBrymm » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:08 am

A quick update: I ended up deciding to give full-tour as an option at the start of the game. If disabled, you simply won't be able to eat anything that you can't fully digest. (in time, your character might gain greater digestive ability, although it will be optional for full tour fans.)

Also, digestion messages are better. Each item now only gives digestion related text at certain, preset points (which could, theoretically, vary a bit should they become too predictable.). With that out of the way, the first real vore content for the game should be ready for the next version. Yes, you'll finally be able to eat people, hallelujah!

By the way, would you guys be bothered if I only allowed one item inside the player's body, by default? It would mean a whole lot less headache for a few things. Under certain conditions this limit could be bypassed for special events, should the need arise. It's just that the timing of certain full tour triggers is a bit hard to judge unless you measure exactly when something entered the body, and multiple items could easily throw the whole system out of whack unless it was VERY cleverly designed.

Oh, and one more thing. I hate to be impatient, but I've already gotten just over 100 downloads and yet only a few comments! I'm almost suspicious that there's some sort of awful gamebreaking mistake that's keeping people from playing properly. Either way, I'm still hanging on for a few suggestions before I start adding in new content. After all, if I only wanted to add things that I'M interested in, why would I bother uploading it to the 'net?

So to sum up: GIMMIE SOME FEEDBACK HERE! The more suggestions, bug reports, and requests I get, the better the next version is gonna be! So get playing!
AlexBrymm
Been posting for a bit

Postby Jit » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:31 am

----------
Last edited by Jit on Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jit
Somewhat familiar

Postby AlexBrymm » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:03 am

Thanks for giving some feedback: Actually, that's not even where the keystone is meant to be used! The portal it unlocks doesn't actually lead anywhere useful yet, though. I'll make it a little clearer how to use them in the next version: You need to place them in the generator room near the center of the main chamber.

Speaking of the next version, I've ironed out all the issues I'm aware of so I can go ahead and start adding in new content. I'll be fleshing out the Dragon Caves area, which will, in addition to the obvious dragons, will probably include a few other preds such as nagas and anything else that looks like it might hang out in a cave. A few preys might get scattered about, for the more predatory amongst us: It depends on what I get requests for!

I'll hopefully release this by early next week. Once the framework is in place, it will be easy to add tons of new content, so you can expect fairly regular updates with new areas and creatures. I'm not sure what area to add in next: Perhaps some sort of ocean area with sharks, squids, mermaids, etc.
AlexBrymm
Been posting for a bit

Postby Monopolus » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:39 am

Maybe we're able to choose what our character looks like in the beginning? Or is it going to have that air of vagueness about it. o.o
Monopolus
???

Postby linko736 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:26 pm

I'll be keeping my eye on this. Gonna wait until you're able to be a prey.

Also, it'd be nice if you would make the player unisex and unispecies, if at all possible. Not everyone here is a human, or into women.
linko736
Somewhat familiar

Postby komaru » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:48 pm

Looks good so far for a start, just playing through the kitchen part now :3
komaru
???

Postby ian66613 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:34 pm

All of these verbs will not make you go to the hall:

go
move
walk

Please correct this.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby komaru » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:27 pm

If I'm reading what you wrote correctly, and forgive me if I didn't, you're referring to the first room, if so, you need to type the direction you wish to move (I think it's east for the hall)

"Go east" for example worked perfectly fine for me. Hope this helped.
komaru
???

Postby Aleph-Null » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:05 am

The game runs fine, some suggestions below,

You should probably add in some interactivity with objects that people would expect to be able to interact with. For example, you can not sit at your desk, sit on/in your chair, sit or lay on your bed. Additionally, you can not look at the mouse.

I noticed there is no "help" command. I would recommend putting this in there, even if it is just a list of commands.

I would also recommend a vomit command for those indigestible objects. This could be a viable solution for those who do not want to play the full tour version of the game, without breaking the feel of the game.

Other than the above, everything seems like it works. But of course there isn't much there to break yet.

As to content suggestions, I will hold off for a bit to see what is feasible with the way the game is currently set up. But I would throw out a warning concerning the whole "anything goes" view. You may find that the writing bloats out a ton if you are going to try to fill every request. Just take for example, offering male/female and furry/human starting options will quadruple the amount of writing for certain scenes. It may be easier and more feasible to use the portals to set things like your species, and or gender. This could greatly reduce the amount of writing you have to do.

One last recommendation would be to link your source. You will probably see a ton of downloads, but heck, maybe someone will help out. (barring that, I would love for you to PM me a link to your source.)
Aleph-Null
Advanced Vorarephile

Return to Vore game