Suggestions/Rules for game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Suggestions/Rules for game

Postby SpencerDragon » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:30 pm

Alot of people don't bother/can't find these type of things, so I'll make a list here.

I have a list of 6 things that, if you suggest or mention, will likely get you ignored. If your suggestions do not fall into these 6 categories, I will take them into consideration. The list (and reasoning behind them) is as follows.

1) Alot of people have mentioned this, but my game like my art, though vorish, is NOT of the yiffy/adult nature. Do not mention or suggest anything to do with sex/rape/naughty bits. I am an underaged fur, and also of the genderless nature, and along with a more personal matter, so nothing mature, please. This also includes normally yiffy type vore, be it anal/cock/tit/etc.
2) Nothing to do with scat. My game will include clean digestion but will not feature bowels, excretion, or otherwise what remains after a normal predator is finished with their meal. Myself, I completely absorb my food, and in my game I assume everything else does too.
3) I will not be including myself as a playable character/enemy within the game, if anything a small cameo. I have recieved many a notes and messages wanting me to put myself within the game so they can beat/eat me. I'm PREDATOR ONLY. I dunno how many times I gotta mention this.
4) For non-furry people's sake, I will include humans within the game...however, I will not be making vorish humans. There is plenty of games featuring predator women and such, and my game will feature hungry furries.
5) Do not ask for me to put you in as cameo appearance/playable character. If I feel like you have earned it, via giving me lots of gift art or other such things, I may decide to include you. But don't ask, mkay? Making a character from scratch with over 100 different sprites to do takes alot of time.
6) Finally, remember, this is a one-dragon coding project. If I do decide to include your idea, don't ask me when it will be included, or tell me to hurry up with it. I'm making this for free, for the vore community, and being nice enough to let others influence it's development.

Now, with that being said...most of you may be wondering, "WTF so many rules what CAN I suggest?!" Well, here's a few things for you to choose.

-- Level themes
-- Types of monsters (again, don't say yourself. You can say, for example, rabbits. But don't ask for your rabbit character.)
-- Items
-- Skills
-- Mini-Games?
-- Interactives
-- Anything you can think of!

There's no limit to how many suggestions you can make, so as long as it's clean thinking, let me hear what you think. ^_^

EDIT

My current to-do list (Based on both Eka's Portal and FurAffinity suggestions, so you can see exactly what is planned and don't post it again)

-- Actual vore animations. IE gulp, big belly, digestion
-- Level theme: Based inside a stomach!
-- Level themes: Based on time periods in history. Prehistoric, roman, medieval, 17th century (pirates!), modern, future.
-- Possible skills that will enable long range attacks, like a yoshi's tounge.
-- Level themes: Snakes on a plane?
-- Level themes: Sketch world. Attacked by badly crayoned critters!
-- Level + Monster Theme: Digimon + Pokemon + Super Mario World!
-- Level theme: Country side. Yummy livestock, angry farmer.
-- Level theme: Creepy-type generic evil forest
-- Level theme: Sewers. Now you know why to not flush fish and gators...
-- Jobs, as in non-combat skills to increase one's wealth.
-- Daytime/Nighttime. May add in monsters that benefit from darkness/the sun.
-- Minigame: Feed the Spencer! Play well enough and he gives you a rare item!
-- Minigame: Snake Dodge! Try not to become lunch and steal the serpent's treasure!
-- Collectible Plushies that, depending on which plushie you hug, does cute things!
-- A very controlled PvP system. I'm working out the details, but it won't be open PvP. Those games cause too much chaos and attract n00bs and 1337's.
-- Level theme: DDR! 'Step' on the arrows before they hit your base!
-- Possible cutscenes of the vorish nature, if I can figure out how to make proper cutscenes.
-- Items to enable better hunting ability
-- Possibly another cameo of myself, besides the well suggested 'feed the Spencer' minigame idea, wherein players can purposefully get themselves eaten by me. *grin*
Last edited by SpencerDragon on Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpencerDragon
Been posting for a bit

Re: Suggestions/Rules for game

Postby Chirouso » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:46 pm

Belt of Greater Lifting: Lift Things easily double your weight, allowing you to gulp them down.
Ears of Hunting: Fake ears that triple your ability to hunt prey.
Chirouso
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby BradRepko » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:10 pm

SpencerDragon wrote:3) I will not be including myself as a playable character/enemy within the game, if anything a small cameo. I have recieved many a notes and messages wanting me to put myself within the game so they can beat/eat me. I'm PREDATOR ONLY. I dunno how many times I gotta mention this.

Well, if you do make a cameo, you could always make it in a place you are supposed to avoid or get automatically eaten by you. ^_^
Village Elder: Whatever you do, stay out of Spencer Canyon. Only death will await you there.
Signpost: <- This way Spencer Canyon. Warning: Ultimate Dragon Predator Ahead! Stay away.... or else!
Spencer: Hi, I'm Spencer. *gulp* Mmm.. you were yummy!

Something to that affect.Just throwing it out there that if you included yourself you don't have to be eatable.
Fraaz, Master of Icy Fire

"Nooooooooooooo! The Demon King is going to run around in MY body? BLECH! That's too disgusting for words!"

My Interactives:
My Life As a Teenage Voraphile
Catering to Hungry Girls
Down the Hatch: Out the Egress
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Jag » Wed Aug 30, 2006 11:18 pm

I always like to see level themes play out inside of a bigger monster, maybe that can be a thought. *Shrugs* If I come up with anything better I shall post again.
RAWR! I'm a kitty!
Jag
RAWR! I'm a kitty!

Postby SeruOmen » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:51 am

SpencerDragon wrote:4) For non-furry people's sake, I will include humans within the game...however, I will not be making vorish humans. There is plenty of games featuring predator women and such, and my game will feature hungry furries.

o.O Really? Could you point one or two of them out?
SeruOmen
I like sword

Postby SpencerDragon » Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:40 am

SeruOmen wrote:
SpencerDragon wrote:4) For non-furry people's sake, I will include humans within the game...however, I will not be making vorish humans. There is plenty of games featuring predator women and such, and my game will feature hungry furries.

o.O Really? Could you point one or two of them out?

Well, humans will be a playable character. You'll start pretty generic, but I plan to add features to make humans the non vorish, but more customizable, race. Also humans get weaponry, not skills.
SpencerDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Decitrex » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:44 am

Minigame: Poke the Spencer!
Decitrex
Participator

Postby SpencerDragon » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:08 am

Decitrex wrote:Minigame: Poke the Spencer!

I think I would always win that game. ^_^;
SpencerDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Decitrex » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:19 am

Well, that would be the point now wouldn't it. Poke him in a specific place and Spencer will eat you in a variety of different ways. From throwing you up in the air and catching you in his maw, to diving on on your head with his mouth wide open.
Decitrex
Participator

Postby KTA » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:09 pm

-- Level theme: Country side. Yummy livestock, angry farmer.

But what about the other way around? Isn't that cow following you a little too closely? And where is the farmer anyway?

Sorry, just had to make that silly suggestion. ^^
KTA
New to the forum

Postby BradRepko » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:36 pm

SpencerDragon wrote: Level theme: Sewers. Now you know why to not flush fish and gators...

Possible Enemy suggestion:
Giant Rats- Annoying non eating enemies that try to kill you. Wander aimlessly until you come to close. Distract with cheese.
Cerebrat- Three headed giant rat king. Boss of the sewer side dungeon. It can eat you, and does pretty heavy damage. Thee heads= no distract with cheese.
Gator- Enemies that seek you out from across the screen. Will try to eat you. Sometimes come at you in groups.
Giga Guppie- Flushed gubby, grown big. Will try to suck you up if you come to close. Attack from distance.
Sewer Dragon- It's breath is worse than it's bite. Will try to gulp you down if it can weaken you enough. Found in the sewer side dungeon.
Scuba Diver- Unknow species. Attacks with harpoon from two spaces away. Annoying, but not to dangerous if you are at a high predatory level. Cannot eat you.
Sewer Snake- Common enemy in sewer side dungeon. Snakes will eat you, duh! Try to eat them first, if you can.
Bloat Fish- Non moving enemy that block paths in Sewer Side dungeon. They have grown fat and got stuck in the tunnels. Fell it before it can eat you.

*Sewer Side Dungeon refers to a side dungeon that can be found within the sewers, not the sewers themselves. It contains both sewer enemies and a few unique enemies.
**The sewers could be used for quicker transport between various cities, provided you are strong enough to to make it through. Paths to cities not yet visited remain clogged until you can reach the flush valve, with can only be reached by entering the sweres from the city that passageway would take you to, meaning you no been to city, you know get there by sewers.

SpencerDragon wrote:Level theme: Country side. Yummy livestock, angry farmer.

Cows- Will not attack you. Free food! Farmers nearby become angry when cow is eaten.
Mad Cow- Diseased cow. Mutated virus strain made these cows aggressive, and very hungry. Sometimes found with regular cows. Disguishable by red eyes, and the fact that it will come at you rather than ignore you.
Bull- Male cow. Volitile, will chase when close. Will try to ram you down. Non-vorish.
Wild Horse- Once a common, tame horse, now a bottomless pit of hunger.
Riding Horse- You can ride these, duh! Only in certain areas, they take you to other areas. (on their back, not their belly)
Farmer- Perfectly tasty human, until you disturb there farm. Will become angry and attack if you eat something in their presence.
Angry Farmer- Pissed off farmer. Will attack with pitch fork. Still quite tasty! Non-Vorish.
Chicken- Annoying little buggers try to peck at you. Weak enemy, tasty meal. Regular or extra crispy?
Weasle- Sly little conartists that send you on quests involving chickens and leave you to take the blame. Get revenge at side dungeon, Weasle's Den.
Killer Tomato- Popular late eighties cartoon. Also a heavily mutated enemy that will try to eat you. Slow, but not as tasty as their non mutated cousins. Fears nothing! (except pizza)
Crows- Annoying, non-vorish enemies that will try to swarm you in groups. Medium threat level, big pain in the arse.

SpencerDragon wrote:17th century (pirates!)

Including one very annoying Johnny Depp look alike that is almost annoying as the real thing.

SpencerDragon wrote:Level themes: Snakes on a plane?

Possible Mini-Game Level: Must help Jedi Master Mace-Windu clear the plain of evil snakes intent on turning it's passengers into a smorgeshborg.

SpencerDragon wrote:Minigame: Feed the Spencer! Play well enough and he gives you a rare item!

Play badly, and he just laughs at you. Poke him, and you are dragon lunch. Try to eat him, well, become dragon lunch there, too. Level 99999 HP 999,999 Predator Level 999,999 meaning, you try to hurt him, and you go in the belly. Game creator, god moder! ^_^

My Own Level Suggestions:
Elemental Levels: Fiery Volcano, Sunken Ship, Subterrain Cavern, Breezy Mountain

Fiery Volcano: An active volcano filled with boiling lava and hungry enemies.
Sunken Ship: An ancient relic of the seas, deep underwater, filled with undead spirits and hungry sea creatures.
Subterrain Cavern: A massive underground complex filled with treasure and hungry critters.
Breezy Mountain: Home to windmills and avian predators, danger comes from above, swooping down with mouths wide open.

I would be morethan happy to suggest monsters for such area's too.

"Nooooooooooooo! The Demon King is going to run around in MY body? BLECH! That's too disgusting for words!"

My Interactives:
Catering to Hungry Girls
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SeruOmen » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:32 pm

How about a desert level?
Non-vore enemies could include scorpions , small snakes, camels, traveling caravans of people, people in harems, desert thieves.

Enemies that could eat you: furry desert bandits, larger snakes, giant ant lions, a Sphynx. Possibly add quicksand.
SeruOmen
I like sword

Postby BradRepko » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:20 pm

SeruOmen wrote:How about a desert level?
Non-vore enemies could include scorpions , small snakes, camels, traveling caravans of people, people in harems, desert thieves.

Enemies that could eat you: furry desert bandits, larger snakes, giant ant lions, a Sphynx. Possibly add quicksand.

Possible Desert Enemies:
Tiny Scorpion: Small swarm enemy with stinging tail. Annoying and non-vorish, these creatures could poison you, resulting in you taking more damage from attacks until you get healed.
Sidewinder: Viscious desert snake that blends in with the sand until something edible comes close, then it bites down with it's fangs and tries to swallow it whole. A small chance that when being eaten, will be paralyzed and unable to escape.
Camel: Rude, furry creature that would rather eats all who tries to ride it. Rather than just storing water in it's humps, it stores nutrients from the live and kicking meals it's consumed.
Foxen Bandit: Wandering desert bandit that have come up with a new way to steal goods from travellers, eat the travellers, spit up the goods. Rumor has it that there are hidden caches of treasure where bandits store their ill gotten goods throughout the desert.
Sphinx: Watchers of the desert. Unmoving sentries that puzzle travelers with their riddles, and devour those that get them wrong. Rumors abound of treasures awaiting those who answer their riddles correctly, but none have lived to verify such claims.
Giant Antlion: In the center of some quicksand pits lay an antlion, waiting for unwary travellers to fall into them. Using sharp mandibles to grip their prey and tear apart at their HP, their slow speeds force them to rely on the quicksands to keep their prey from escaping.
Great Thief: One of Ali Baba's forty thieves, these grey wolf/fox thieves carry a wicked curved blade and aren't prone to the simple slash gulp strategy of more common desert thieves. Trained as Ali Baba's personal henchman, they dwell in their hidden lair when not raiding caravans.
Ali Baba: The legendary scourge of the sands, leader of the fourty thieves, Ali Baba is a powerful wolf anthro that is larger than normal. His large stature alone didn't earn him his fame, his unrivaled skill in swordplay and incredible strength and girth have made him a daunting foe. He guards his treasure hoarde at the back of his lair with his life, and anyone who betrays him meets a fiery end in the pit of his merciless stomach.
Mutant Cacti: A cactus mutated by twisted magics, it appears just like a regular cactus, until someone gets close to it, when it lashes out with it's vicious thorned limbs and tries to push it's prey into it's mouth laying hidden within the flower on his hand.
Giant Worm: Almost useless when weakening a foe, it's danger lies in it's unsatiable appetite. It will try to devour it's prey immediately, and it's huge maw allows it to with a terrifying rate of success. They are dangerous, but slow moving, making running away the prefered method of dealing with these desert foes.
Night Wolf: Hungry wolves that roam the deserts at night. Rarely seen alone, these beasts travel in packs, using their beastial ferocity and overwhelming numbers to topple even large foes. Non-Vorish.
Night Owl: Small, airborn enemy that swoops down and strikes before flying off and repeating. This hit and run stragedy is the only way these creatures can survive the perils of the desert, and they only come out at night. Non-Vorish.
Mummy: Mummified dweller of an ancient city, these undead now roam the catacombs of the Pharoh's Tomb. These persistant advesaries will wrap an intruder in their bandages and digest them alive, using those nutrients to roam the tombs for another thousand years. Slow moving, but will actively hunt you down until you one of you is gone.
Anubis: Part dog anthro, part demon, all dangerous. These unholy warriors from the underworld wield dangerous magics and devour all who dare enter the inner chambers of the Pharoh's Tomb. Dangerous up close and at a distance, only the strongest of adventurers dare to combat these deadly foes.... or the most foolhardy.
Pharoh Tigranesse: Long dead pharoh of the ancient world, his curse transformed the once fertile valleys of ______(name of area) into desert. Living in eternal damnation trapped within the massive catacombs of his tomb has made the undead ruler very vengeful, and very powerful. His magic powers make him nearly invisible, and only one wearing the ______ (some type of ankh relic) can penetrate his magical defences.
Rot Dragon: For those unfortunate raiders that fall into the pits of the Rot Dragon, all that await them is death. These might beasts hail from an ancient time, but have long died, but continued to live on as zombified versions of themselves do to the pharoh's curse. Extremely resilient to damage and an almost insatiable appetite, it's no wonder these terrifying beasts are considered cursed.
Sand Wraiths: All those who dared enter the cursed halls of the Pharoh's Tomb have become these terrifying apperations. Cursed with a never ending appetite and no way to consume, these venegeful spirits despise the living, and desire to make all who enter the catacombs share there fate. Non-Vorish.

*The desert has two optinal side dungeons, Ali Baba's Lair and the Pharoh's Tomb. Ali Baba's Lair can only be entered at night, but is the easier of the two. The Pharoh's Tomb is a late game dungeon with powerful enemies, and those below level 60(?) should not attempt. The only way to enter the Tomb is to answer a Sphinx's riddle correctly, in which case it will gulp you down into the catacombs instead of it's stomach.
**The Pharoh's Tomb has tiled floors with curse marks on them. Different patterns have different effects, skull marks kill you instantly, minus signs diminish your health to 1/8 of what you have, rounded down(no lower than 1), X shaped cross bones fill the room with mummies or sand wraiths, and a spiral drops you into a room with either spikes, life draining gas, or a rot dragon.

The Poke the Spencer Mingame idea gave me an idea for another minigame. A carnival type miniigame, there are little target versions of different things sliding across three different rows of conveyer belts. You have to shoot certain ones to gain points, while avoiding certain ones and losing points. If you hit the Spencer dolly, you automaticly lose the minigame.

*laughs* geeze am I on a roll today. I've got enough ideas to fill the entire game. I think I'm going to stop adding more to my posts and making new posts unless Spencer likes them and really wants we to continue, otherwise I'm going to shut up now, since this is the Spencer Game, not the Bradley Game.

My Interactives:
Catering to Hungry Girls
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Decitrex » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:28 am

How about a pirate ship manned by cute vorish pirate dragons? :P
Decitrex
Participator

Postby SpencerDragon » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:19 am

Wow, quite alot of ideas. I'll be busy making icons it seems.

Brad Rapko: If I could make icons as fast as you can make up monsters, this game would already be on the epic scale. Alot of good ones but some sound abit too violent...might make cuter versions. If you want you can keep it up with monster naming. Also there are those kinds of hackers that would god-mod as well so I'm leaving myself within the game as statless and only interactive instead of combatant. And I noticed one of the first posts...Spencer Canyon, only death awaits you there...It's kinda hard to clasify death with me, since I'm such a cute, innocent predator. ^^; And my meals live to tell the tale, at least.

Decitrex: A pirate ship manned by cute vorish dragons? You mean the Spencer Armada? *grin* I might make such a level, myself at the steering wheel and unreachable, but my shipmates plan to get a filling meal of stowaways before shore. And as for the poking Spencer/get ate different way, that would require quiiiite a bit of iconing, and my only two iconers are schooling so I'm having to do icons myself. I'm sure more people would prefer fighting enemies they could win against. ^^; When my iconists are done schooling or I get new freetime iconers, we'll see about the multiple poke/eating set.

KTA: Already planned vorish cows. I mean...I even did a 20 page drawing series on a hungry cow character. ^^; (see my FA site if you don't know what I'm talking about)

SeruOmen: Desert rhymes with Dessert. ^^; Good suggestions for monsters, but some of the non-vorish ones you mentioned could be vorish. (camelhumps double as stomachs, yknow. I met a vorish camel character once, he got a bulgy hump from a mean rider and I got to pet it...hehe)

I'm just going to add these suggestions to my list instead of making an edit of the first post. Too many good ideas to edit into.

Keep up with the good suggestions. ^^
SpencerDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby BradRepko » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:52 am

I'm not good at drawing, or graphics, or anything like that. All I can really do is give supportive words and creative ideas, such as monsters, features, maps, ect.. I'll give you everything I've got though, so this time it will get done! ^_^

My Interactives:
Catering to Hungry Girls
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Praexon » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:40 pm

I realize that the scripting capabilities for byond might be limited, but I've always wanted to see a vore-themed game where escaping from digestion involves more than pressing the movement key and hoping your character has enough strength. Would it be possible to implement a script where pressing certain buttons was required to escape? For example, maybe when you're swallowed "up-down-down-right-left" or some other random sequence would be displayed, and you'd have to input that sequence before your character would attempt to escape (at which point strength vs strength or whatever the normal escape % formula is would be used). Your first game already had a version of this (the sequence was e-s-c-a-p-e-enter) but by making it random, the player would not be able to memorize the finger movements. If you input the sequence but fail to escape, another is randomly generated until you either escape or become nutrients.

Also, the more powerful the predator is compared to the prey, the longer the sequence. This would help immerse the player in the action, and it would help make bigger creatures more scary (the titanic dragon just swallowed you like a tic-tac, up-left-down-down-attack-up-down-left-left-attack-up-right-attack-left watch as you lose your place and panic sets in >;3)

If this sounds too difficult to script (I would help if I knew any byond), or more hassling than fun, perhaps there could just be a benefit for mashing the movement keys as fast as possible? It just seems to me that when your character is in a jam, tapping one key once a second doesn't produce the sense of urgency that goes along with impending death and digestion. Again, I don't know if this lies within byond's capabilities, but there could be a little rectangular "escape meter" that fills as you hit movement keys based on relative strength (it fills quickly against weak preds, barely fills at all against tough preds) and is also constantly emptying. If it fills completely you escape, though hopefully you don't run out of hp or stamina before this happens.

Hope you find these suggestions to be of value. I thought your first game was great btw.
Praexon
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SpencerDragon » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:39 pm

Praexon wrote:I realize that the scripting capabilities for byond might be limited, but I've always wanted to see a vore-themed game where escaping from digestion involves more than pressing the movement key and hoping your character has enough strength.

Well, this time around in this game, vore is more or less automatic and unavoidable if your HP drops to zero, or you fall victim to a skill.

The upside to this is once you learn vore, you have an option to turn on/off your hunger capability so you can switch between a good old fashion slaughter, or eat them to restore hp, but be temporarily frozen in the spot digesting your meal.
SpencerDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby SeruOmen » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:42 pm

SpencerDragon wrote:
Praexon wrote:I realize that the scripting capabilities for byond might be limited, but I've always wanted to see a vore-themed game where escaping from digestion involves more than pressing the movement key and hoping your character has enough strength.

Well, this time around in this game, vore is more or less automatic and unavoidable if your HP drops to zero, or you fall victim to a skill.

The upside to this is once you learn vore, you have an option to turn on/off your hunger capability so you can switch between a good old fashion slaughter, or eat them to restore hp, but be temporarily frozen in the spot digesting your meal.

Hey, I like that idea~!! Sorry, the ability to "escape" after you're swallowed never had me interested.
SeruOmen
I like sword

Postby SpencerDragon » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:55 pm

SeruOmen wrote:Hey, I like that idea~!! Sorry, the ability to "escape" after you're swallowed never had me interested.

Same for me. Food should stay where it belongs, am I not right? ^_^;;

Considering my food stays food, I'll be putting that factor into the game. Escaping lunch is just a big no-no to me but I put it in anyway for the first game to give players a fighting chance against the bigger monsters.

...This time around, you become food, you stay food.
SpencerDragon
Been posting for a bit

Next

Return to Vore game