Are you familair with cheat engine?

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Are you familair with cheat engine?

Postby sniper_180 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:08 pm

i am playing an older game made by plinko and i wanted to see if i could lvl easier so i got cheat engine but i forgot how to find the exp address and i am stuck. could someone send me a pm or reply to this theard give me a detailed expanation how to locate the address and changing the value. thanks for your time. I searched youtube for vids and tried it from there and still nothing it didn't work could ya help a fellow gamer out please.
sniper_180
Somewhat familiar

Re: Are you familair with cheat engine?

Postby nyanyan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:59 pm

I use Cheat engine quite often(I'm not really good at it though) and when I look for an address, I do an 'unknown value' search first, then change the value I'm looking for in the game somehow(for exp, I usually get some from monsters or whatever I get 'em from in the game I'm playing) then use the 'increased value by' search to search for anything increased by the amount of exp I got,, then doing something that has no effect on the exp, using the 'unchanged value' search, and repeating those steps 'till there's only 1, or none left.

in the case of no addresses, I restart the search, with 'unknown', and instead of 'increased value by', I just use 'increased value' and see if that works, if not, then I switch to a different byte type, and try, if I can't find it after all that...I usually give up...I'm no good at finding processes that write to addresses...every time I try I fail horribly >.>...

anyway, I bet it's not the best way, but this is how I cheat with cheat engine on most games I cheat on.

and another thing I've noticed, is that once you have 1 address, most of the addresses are in the same basic address block, example: address for strength: 12345678, address for speed: 12345986, address for defense: 12345788, etc. there's usually a block of code where the addresses for certain things are all pushed together, like my example, for an easy search with the fewest results possible, and the most chance of finding a stats, let's say wisdom/intelligence, since the others are withing the 12345-ish area, the rest of the stats are likely there as well, so you can cut the search size down by setting the memory scan options to search between the addresses 12345000, and 12346000 and you'll still have a big search area, but it's a lot smaller, and thus the search'll go faster, and like I said, since the others were within that 'block' you're likely to find the related addresses as well.

long block done, hope I helped in some way.
nyanyan
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby sovet » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Experience is usually under a multiplicative algorithm. If you want to get stuff done quickly without hitting "increased value by" a billion times, you need to guess the algorithm. Surprisingly frequently, the value is plain; that is if you have 32 experience you can search for 32, and then if you gain four, you can search for "increased by" 4, or, exact 36. In other cases the algorithm is 8x the value, both exact and increased, or with rpg maker, it's usually 2x(value)+1 both exact and increased. If the value hasn't increased, you might as well clear up some of the other values by hitting unchanged a few times. When I am stumped, it's usually because the game uses an absurdly long value that is roughly 11-13 digits long. Games like armorgames corporation inc. do this to hide their money values.
Obligate carnivore.
sovet
Somewhat familiar

Postby sniper_180 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:24 pm

thanks a ton sovet i have figured out the adress and when i go and change the value the game stops working the game was made from Game maker VX. Is there a way to stop the game from failing after i change the value
sniper_180
Somewhat familiar

Postby sovet » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Remember that the value has to be multiplicative of 2n+1. So, if you are trying to get 4500 experience, you need to set the value as 9001. Any even number will cause it to crash. Sometimes, changing numbers at all can cause a game to crash, but oftentimes there's a way around it. With money, I just freeze the value and then buy a bunch of stuff, unfreeze it and sell it back.
Obligate carnivore.
sovet
Somewhat familiar

Postby sniper_180 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:03 am

sovet sorry to bug you but that was the problem. it was the even value killing the game and after a quick change bam it's working and maxed my level thanks a ton man.
sniper_180
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nibor » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:41 am

I've had experience with cheatengine, But most of the time, I have trouble finding the right value, which just makes me think that they put those extra values in just to *keep* us from cheating. I *know* that vorpal rabbit doesn't approve of cheating, because each time you die, your health bar is mapped to a different address, purposely making it hard for you to cheat and give yourself a lot of health.
Eka's resident lurker Yoshi!
My character list
Nibor
???

Postby sovet » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:56 am

sniper_180 wrote:sovet sorry to bug you but that was the problem. it was the even value killing the game and after a quick change bam it's working and maxed my level thanks a ton man.

Thanks for the information. Glad you got it working. Feel free to message me if you have any more problems.
Obligate carnivore.
sovet
Somewhat familiar

Return to Vore game