Sample spritesheet from my new game

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Sample spritesheet from my new game

Postby SpencerDragon » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:11 am

Ok, last new post today, really.

This here file included is a .png that I hope saved right, that shows my future game players the kind of stuff I, and my iconists if I get any, will be up to making. I personally love how I did on this.

Players of my first game will reconize this green wingaling critter, only now with many more animations.
Attachments
spritesheet2.PNG
spritesheet2.PNG (44.31 KiB) Viewed 5836 times
SpencerDragon
Been posting for a bit

Re: Sample spritesheet from my new game

Postby AEthian » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:31 am

Well the hurt recoil animation needs some work but other then that, everything else seems in order.
AEthian
New to the forum

Postby SpencerDragon » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:35 am

AEthian wrote:Well the hurt recoil animation needs some work but other then that, everything else seems in order.

It plays better then it looks. ^_^;
SpencerDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Geno » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:11 am

Here's my question: Are you wanting people to make their own sprite of whatever for this, or do you have lots of monster sprites already that you just need someone to make animations for? I'd love to take a shot at making an animation page like this for ya... I just need to know if you'd be sending me a small sprite sheet to work with!
Geno
Participator

Postby SpencerDragon » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:22 am

Geno wrote:Here's my question: Are you wanting people to make their own sprite of whatever for this, or do you have lots of monster sprites already that you just need someone to make animations for? I'd love to take a shot at making an animation page like this for ya... I just need to know if you'd be sending me a small sprite sheet to work with!

I have actual movement and, for some, big belly animations as is, a good 100 of so, and going to rip/make more for the suggestions list I'm getting. I just need someone to make the gulping to get said big belly/digesting meal/attacking, and such. ^^;
SpencerDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby Geno » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:27 am

SpencerDragon wrote:
Geno wrote:Here's my question: Are you wanting people to make their own sprite of whatever for this, or do you have lots of monster sprites already that you just need someone to make animations for? I'd love to take a shot at making an animation page like this for ya... I just need to know if you'd be sending me a small sprite sheet to work with!

I have actual movement and, for some, big belly animations as is, a good 100 of so, and going to rip/make more for the suggestions list I'm getting. I just need someone to make the gulping to get said big belly/digesting meal/attacking, and such. ^^;
Hmmm... Well is there a way you could IM me? I'd like it if you sent me a monster that needed gulping stuff so I could give it a shot :3
Geno
Participator

Postby SpencerDragon » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:28 am

I'm on AIM...send me a message. Spencecutedragon ^^
SpencerDragon
Been posting for a bit

Postby BradRepko » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:11 am

Everything has to fit in a 32x32 box, huh? Well, theoretically, couldn't you put to sprites together and have the game look at them as one or something, or have it always keep it in the proper position annd stuff. Might be too hard to code though, oh well, just a thought. If you could, you'd be able to script different things for different sections, like tail whip in the back and chomp and glomp in the front. ^_^

EDIT: Regardless of any of that, I tried my hand at some sprite editting. Some of these are direct rips, others are slightly edited.
Attachments
Gulp Worm Sprite Sheet.bmp
copyright The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening by Nintendo
Gulp Worm Sprite Sheet.bmp (267.56 KiB) Viewed 5683 times
Butterfly Sprite Sheet.bmp
copyright The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons by Nintendo
Butterfly Sprite Sheet.bmp (88.71 KiB) Viewed 5681 times
Leotaur Sprite Sheet.bmp
copyright The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past by Nintendo
Leotaur Sprite Sheet.bmp (677.79 KiB) Viewed 5709 times
Fraaz, Master of Icy Fire

"Nooooooooooooo! The Demon King is going to run around in MY body? BLECH! That's too disgusting for words!"

My Interactives:
My Life As a Teenage Voraphile
Catering to Hungry Girls
Down the Hatch: Out the Egress
BradRepko
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby SpencerDragon » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:46 pm

BradRepko wrote:Everything has to fit in a 32x32 box, huh? Well, theoretically, couldn't you put to sprites together and have the game look at them as one or something, or have it always keep it in the proper position annd stuff.

Well, it is possible to make multi-tile mobs in the game...

But if one plans to make animated multi-tile monsters in Byond, it would take over a hundred lines of code, possibly a thousand, to get the icon to run smoothly together. Not to mention making multiple states over each extra tile for the monster more then 32x32...

I may try to make incredibly large 'boss' monsters once I got the game in a decent playing stage.
SpencerDragon
Been posting for a bit

Return to Vore game