Felarya:Giant Terror is out

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Felarya:Giant Terror is out

Postby Dracon_Kitsune » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:42 am

Big D wrote:i'll wait for fixed version that doesn't have the .dll problem

There probably isn't going to be one, because you need a separate piece of freeware for the rpg maker, the rtp for it. Something mentioned on the first post.
Dracon_Kitsune
Participator

Postby MrX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:23 am

Okay, I updated my RPG MAKER XP RTP file and the game plays just fine now. I see what you mean now, demon. The sprites you have for the Giantess are the same size as the Main character. You'll need to make their sprites larger. If you can't do that I can if you want me to.
MrX
Been posting for a bit

Postby demon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:44 pm

MrX wrote:Okay, I updated my RPG MAKER XP RTP file and the game plays just fine now. I see what you mean now, demon. The sprites you have for the Giantess are the same size as the Main character. You'll need to make their sprites larger. If you can't do that I can if you want me to.

Well I 'm getting some help right now from xwarriorj,but still having the girls large would be cool let me look into that.Got to know how to do that before starting the next chapter called,Felarya:Foundation Wars.
There is light and there is darkness I am the darkness and i am the demon that haunts you in your dreams. beware the shadows for true evil hides in it.
demon
Somewhat familiar

Postby ian66613 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:01 am

Well, to make a huge sprite, it will be a bit complicated in comparison to a normal sprite. You know how in Skyrim when you use "setscale" they still have the same hitbox as if you were normal sized? Well, it's the same with huge actor sprites in RPG Maker, the sprite, even if enlarged, by default, still only takes up one tile this allows for bugs like your character walking over the other character's sprite (as they are on the same level as you by default.)

In RPG Maker VX, I still can't even import the Flesh stuff from here: http://aryion.com/sites/default/files/d ... yeka_0.png

It just won't import properly into one tileset, it just imports up to right before the fleshy stairs going down, I've asked how to import it, but no one ever replied. If I could import it, I'd be a lot more willing to help, as I'd try out VX Again.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby ian66613 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:44 pm

Your second link doesn't go to a download page, demon.
Ideal Vore Games · Vore Preferences · My OC (4 inch (10cm) fairy boy.)
I am NOT into Furries/Bestial/Animals.
ian66613
---

Postby demon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:28 am

ian66613 wrote:Your second link doesn't go to a download page, demon.

whoops,sorry bout that been having trouble sometimes wth media fire hoping that the links that are not highlighted actually work. will look into it.oh and I 'm currently into the development of the second game so look foward to seeing it it will be better than :-D the 1st.
There is light and there is darkness I am the darkness and i am the demon that haunts you in your dreams. beware the shadows for true evil hides in it.
demon
Somewhat familiar

Postby deej1011 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:27 am

The second file goes to some "cloud storage" page, and the first one downloads a version that only has the audio folder >.>
check out my DA for my writings and such:
Jessthenotsohotmess.deviantart.com
deej1011
Somewhat familiar

Postby SwallowMe » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:48 pm

demon wrote:
Dracon_Kitsune wrote:Sorry if I seemed a bit trollish there. I was trying to do a well rounded review, giving you some idea of things to fix if you continue on with this one, or make a new game. I make it a policy to, whenever I review something to give them both the things that I liked about it, and the things I think could be improved. I did like the game, it just needs a little refining in my humble opinion.

Don't worry bout it fixed it up and should be better but i can't make the girls look bigger you and every one else will have to imagene them 106ft tall.

Actually, I think I can help with that. I've had great success in making sprites bigger so that they can be used in game to look like giantesses. Granted they still won't look 106ft tall, but they are big enough that when one is standing still, the player can start out next to her level at her feet, then the player can take four steps up and the players head will be in a sense level with the giantesses head, though in prospective terms the player just walk up away form the giantess.

I can give you a few giantess spites I made from altering the original sprites from the RMXP resources. I'd been working on how to do it for part 2 of my game that I've been working on slowly for some time, since the characters in my game will be going to a giantess village.

You are welcome to use these sprites I've enlarged if you find them useful. And if you want me to try enlarging any different ones, I'd be glad to help. Sprites below, also with a picture that shows the scale size of actual in game implantation:

ian66613 wrote:Well, to make a huge sprite, it will be a bit complicated in comparison to a normal sprite. You know how in Skyrim when you use "setscale" they still have the same hitbox as if you were normal sized? Well, it's the same with huge actor sprites in RPG Maker, the sprite, even if enlarged, by default, still only takes up one tile this allows for bugs like your character walking over the other character's sprite (as they are on the same level as you by default.)

Actually making the sprites bigger wasn't that hard. I just loaded the sprite into MS Paint, clicked select all in from one of the menus, then when to the properties of the sprite group selected and changed the size to what I wanted. I did have to clear out some white lines that appeared around the sprites when I put them in game, but they work.

Also, while the giantess made by my sprite enlarging still has the one tile hit box, I don't get the bugs you are talking about. My character can walk right behind the giantess sprite and not be seen until the character gradually shows back up coming out form behind the giantesses head. I don't get bugs where it looks like the player character is walking on the giantesses top half. I think the program automatically compensates for how large the sprite is. Below are the sprites I enlarged.
Attachments
015-Giant2Warrior03.png
006-GiantFighter06.png
019-GiantThief04.png
120-GiantCivilian20.png
117-GiantCivilian17.png
116-GiantCivilian16.png
133-GiantNoble08.png
135-GiantMaid01.png
Giantess Scale pic.jpg
SwallowMe
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby demon » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:21 am

SwallowMe wrote:
demon wrote:
Dracon_Kitsune wrote:Sorry if I seemed a bit trollish there. I was trying to do a well rounded review, giving you some idea of things to fix if you continue on with this one, or make a new game. I make it a policy to, whenever I review something to give them both the things that I liked about it, and the things I think could be improved. I did like the game, it just needs a little refining in my humble opinion.

Don't worry bout it fixed it up and should be better but i can't make the girls look bigger you and every one else will have to imagene them 106ft tall.

Actually, I think I can help with that. I've had great success in making sprites bigger so that they can be used in game to look like giantesses. Granted they still won't look 106ft tall, but they are big enough that when one is standing still, the player can start out next to her level at her feet, then the player can take four steps up and the players head will be in a sense level with the giantesses head, though in prospective terms the player just walk up away form the giantess.

I can give you a few giantess spites I made from altering the original sprites from the RMXP resources. I'd been working on how to do it for part 2 of my game that I've been working on slowly for some time, since the characters in my game will be going to a giantess village.

You are welcome to use these sprites I've enlarged if you find them useful. And if you want me to try enlarging any different ones, I'd be glad to help. Sprites below, also with a picture that shows the scale size of actual in game implantation:

ian66613 wrote:Well, to make a huge sprite, it will be a bit complicated in comparison to a normal sprite. You know how in Skyrim when you use "setscale" they still have the same hitbox as if you were normal sized? Well, it's the same with huge actor sprites in RPG Maker, the sprite, even if enlarged, by default, still only takes up one tile this allows for bugs like your character walking over the other character's sprite (as they are on the same level as you by default.)

Actually making the sprites bigger wasn't that hard. I just loaded the sprite into MS Paint, clicked select all in from one of the menus, then when to the properties of the sprite group selected and changed the size to what I wanted. I did have to clear out some white lines that appeared around the sprites when I put them in game, but they work.

Also, while the giantess made by my sprite enlarging still has the one tile hit box, I don't get the bugs you are talking about. My character can walk right behind the giantess sprite and not be seen until the character gradually shows back up coming out form behind the giantesses head. I don't get bugs where it looks like the player character is walking on the giantesses top half. I think the program automatically compensates for how large the sprite is. Below are the sprites I enlarged.

Thanks for letting use the sprites and also for wanting to help.This idea will help a whole lot. :D
demon
Somewhat familiar

Postby SwallowMe » Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:23 pm

demon wrote:Thanks for letting use the sprites and also for wanting to help.This idea will help a whole lot. :D

No problem, glad I could help. I didn't want people thinking that this possibility would be impossible for these types of games. Since shrunken sprites have been used before, I knew there was no reason why giantess ones couldn't be done. If it helps make such games become more awesome, and inspires others to make more of such games, then I'm all for it. I saw no reason why I should hoard all the good ideas and breakthroughs for my game.

If you need anything else, just let me know. I know your new to this, but after playing the game, I would recommend that get some variety in the writing with each different encounter with characters that want to eat you, something more than just, "You look yummy", then the character gulps the player down and burps, it does get a little repetitive when something similar happens each time with different encounters. A little more in depth writing and characterization of both the prey and the devourer would go a long way.

Also, it would be good for you to watch some tutorials, maybe on youtube, on how to do scripting(learning how to use the menu items and abilities of the event menu when creating an event). The reason I say this is that when I reached the places where the town was burning, and you had placed fire on several sections of buildings, the fire was still and didn't move/flicker in place. I'm assuming that each one of those flames is an event of the fire graphic. It's actually very simple to get it to move/change look in place. Just go into each fire graphic event, underneath the fire graphic there are some check boxes. Both "move animation" and "stop animation" need to be checked. With that done, when the player is in those areas, the player will see that the fire looks like it is actually burning. What checking those boxes does is make the event somewhat quickly cycle through all the four different graphics of fire in the graphic line.
SwallowMe
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby demon » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:05 am

SwallowMe wrote:
demon wrote:Thanks for letting use the sprites and also for wanting to help.This idea will help a whole lot. :D

No problem, glad I could help. I didn't want people thinking that this possibility would be impossible for these types of games. Since shrunken sprites have been used before, I knew there was no reason why giantess ones couldn't be done. If it helps make such games become more awesome, and inspires others to make more of such games, then I'm all for it. I saw no reason why I should hoard all the good ideas and breakthroughs for my game.

If you need anything else, just let me know. I know your new to this, but after playing the game, I would recommend that get some variety in the writing with each different encounter with characters that want to eat you, something more than just, "You look yummy", then the character gulps the player down and burps, it does get a little repetitive when something similar happens each time with different encounters. A little more in depth writing and characterization of both the prey and the devourer would go a long way.

Also, it would be good for you to watch some tutorials, maybe on youtube, on how to do scripting(learning how to use the menu items and abilities of the event menu when creating an event). The reason I say this is that when I reached the places where the town was burning, and you had placed fire on several sections of buildings, the fire was still and didn't move/flicker in place. I'm assuming that each one of those flames is an event of the fire graphic. It's actually very simple to get it to move/change look in place. Just go into each fire graphic event, underneath the fire graphic there are some check boxes. Both "move animation" and "stop animation" need to be checked. With that done, when the player is in those areas, the player will see that the fire looks like it is actually burning. What checking those boxes does is make the event somewhat quickly cycle through all the four different graphics of fire in the graphic line.

Thank you this info will help alot for me.I am also going to fix the version of the game and make it better in the places that need fixing. :D
demon
Somewhat familiar

Postby Rixunie » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:44 am

Not to be a bad guy or anything, but am I the only one who noticed most all the vore was the same? One line of text>Vore>Game over. Lather, rinse, repeat.

That being said, the game itself is fun, and I enjoyed it and the story with it. The music choices were surprisingly good, even if they switched like an epileptic monkey at a disco was choosing them. (Suffice to say, they changed alot)

If I had to rate the game, and my OCD and psyche say I do..

Story/Immersion- 7/10
Music/Sound- 6/10
Vore- .. 4/10
Gameplay- 5/10

Overall- 22/40.. Not perfect, but not a total travesty. Keep up the.. Average work.

Also.. *bites demon* OM NOM NOM
Famous last words:

That doesn't look very safe..
- John Recroune, as he was about to be hanged.
Rixunie
Somewhat familiar

Previous

Return to Vore game