Being the bad guy 1.01 (EvilOverlord)Updated 04.04.2021

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Being the bad guy 0.24

Postby Bright » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:53 pm

SerbianGoblin wrote:I know that this is a new game RPG. I'm impressed. But there's one thing I don't understand: Any vore scenes? Unbirths? Or those scenes weren't added yet?

For the most part, there's textual references to someone getting eaten.

Though, try to talk to a few npcs more than once and see what happens.

Also, defeating bosses are a good way to go.

Humbug wrote:
And it's really weird being treated like a celebrity. I don't feel like one. XD I just thought the premise sounded interesting, and I enjoyed what I saw enough to continue playing. You've done a good job with it so far. Little grindy for my tastes, but that's just it: Tastes.

...I'm gonna miss the Explosive Brew exploit. :< *Waves farewell to it.*

Glad you like it so far. Compared to the other vore rpgs on this board, it is very grindy though. Hehe. Though I could give the Main character a spell that lessens the chance of random encounters.
And yes, the Explosive Brew exploit will be gone in the next update hehe.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Humbug » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:18 pm

Lessening random encounters would just make it even more grindy, actually. You have a good balance of "If you fight the battles you encounter, you will be able to take on the bosses with only moderate difficulty." Reducing encounters would shift that balance so that you'd have to walk back and forth a bunch to make up the XP you missed out on by using the spell.

So yeah. Don't worry about it. I only mentioned it in case you weren't aware that it was necessary to take a bit of time before you can move on. It's not stupid-grindy like the original Dragon Warrior, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. ;)
Humbug
---

Postby Bright » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:38 pm

Ah, that's good to know. So far, I tend to make random encounters somewhat easy to beat whereas optional fights tend to be harder.

Just out of curiousity, how do you guys play? Like, are there any favourite characters, tactis and such you employ? Do you tend to spare the lives of the ones you defeat, or do you feed them to your party members?

Also, what levels do you tend to be when you fight bosses for instance?

I am just asking because I don't have a lot of time for playthroughs of my own game. I do take some time to test events and fights, but I don't really play through the game each version.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Humbug » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Bright wrote:Just out of curiousity, how do you guys play? Like, are there any favourite characters, tactis and such you employ?
I'm a buffer/debuffer kind of guy, so I'm glad to see that such tactics actually work in this game. Some mainstream games, they don't, which can get frustrating. As such, my favorite character to use is Gusto so far. Didn't get to use Lilah much before I ran out of stuff to do, so I can't say about her, and I played the version where Elea doesn't actually join your party despite the prompt, so I can't say anything about her.
Bright wrote:Do you tend to spare the lives of the ones you defeat, or do you feed them to your party members?
I'm a softie, so I save, go through the feeding options to see what happens, and then let 'em join.
Bright wrote:Also, what levels do you tend to be when you fight bosses for instance?
I fight bosses at as low a level as I can. I was ~ Level 12 when I fought Vlad (who is significantly easier than the Mimic King, btw. Fuggin' whole-party paralysis. D: ) and ~ 14 or so when I fought the Demon King. I don't remember what I was with the Mega Slime, but I know it was low. Probably ~ 4 or so. With Fluffy, I was probably around level eight when I fought him. Any way to not-kill him? I think he'd make a fine addition to the camp if possible. I didn't check to see if anything would work, like guarding, though.
Humbug
---

Postby Bright » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:04 pm

Ooh, nice feedback. Quite interesting.

I had a plan that if you talked to Fluffy at the very start, he`d recognize your voice during the battle, but I haven't been able to implement it yet.

Also, were you able to find the Robber King?
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Humbug » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:11 pm

Nope. Never found the robber king or "The girl you can steal from," actually. Mind you, I didn't do very in-depth exploring, so that's probably why. ;)
Humbug
---

Postby Bright » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:27 pm

Fair enough, he`s just an optional boss.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Humbug » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:32 pm

Figured as much. ;)

Maybe I should go find him to see what Lilah's version of eating someone is.
Humbug
---

Postby Shadowlyger » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:05 pm

InuyashalovesKagome wrote:I think I found a bug of sorts cause I can't seem to move on the world map and am stuck next to the ocean and my camp. Any tips on being able to fix it?

Sounds like a problem I had earlier. Do you have the latest version?
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:58 am

Oh right, I haven't introduced any Lilah and Sirrta means of eating anyone yet.
Next version they`ll have some means of eating people.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Shadowlyger » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:13 am

Humbug wrote:Nope. Never found the robber king or "The girl you can steal from," actually. Mind you, I didn't do very in-depth exploring, so that's probably why. ;)

She's in the castle town inside one of the houses. Open the chest to get 500g, then talk to her and say no. Doesn't work yet, mind.

For groups, I must say that Elea is a godsend, Banshee Wail to paralyze everything, heheh. Usually followed by having Jeeves and Gusto apply bleed/poison to things. Because percentage based damage laughs at your armor level.

I also tend to keep the defeated bosses with my legion, though I'd rather appreciate a way to retroactively detect those so I don't have to revert to a previous save should they be added to the camp at some point after I've already beaten them.

Speaking of which, that little camp's gonna get pretty crowded pretty quick. Perhaps moving into one of the copious abandoned fortresses in the area would be in order once you've gathered a sufficient legion. Then we can move from eating potential followers to eating pesky heroes.
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:17 am

Well its exactly like I said, when I leave camp to go exploring I get stuck between the grass area around the camp and the ocean. This is version 0.23 now as I haven't downloaded the newest one yet.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Bright » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:06 am

Strange. Is it right after you`ve defeated the mega slime?
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:12 am

Bright wrote:Strange. Is it right after you`ve defeated the mega slime?

Yes also I noticed that despite Jeeves being behind you that he is also standing next to one of the boxes in the tent where you can take a rest at.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby Shadowlyger » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:14 am

That... sounds like one of the really early versions. You sure you have the latest one?
Shadowlyger
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Maexam2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:24 am

How can I get Gusto to join me?
Maexam2
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InuyashalovesKagome » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:26 am

Shadowlyger wrote:That... sounds like one of the really early versions. You sure you have the latest one?

I'm downloading the newest version now. It took me a little while to get the download to start properly cause my internet was being a pain in the ass.
InuyashalovesKagome
Participator

Postby NekoYuki » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:08 am

i sitll have 0.23, but i recruited Vlad and Elena. but neither appeared in camp. only the orc and hermit. am i misisng out on something? (camp opulation is now 6)
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

Postby Avant » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:11 am

How far does this go? So far I've defeated Vlad, Robber Baron and the Demon King and got a party of Heir, Jeeves, Gusto, Elea and the succubus. I can't cross the bridge or enter the castle town place in the south so I imagine those are going to be added later? Nothing seems to happen in the ruined town and nothing happens at the outpost, forest or naga camp. Maybe I'm missing something as a few posts up there's talk of speaking to people in the castle town so I guess I've missed something? Version is 0.24.

Also I don't know if this is a bug but before I recruited the succubus Jeeves didn't have a "feed" option on the defeated bosses but once I recruited her suddenly one would turn up but there isn't a "feed" option for the succubus now either.

Oh and on the note of how I play, I'm sparing all the bosses in the hope they turn up again later. While +10 attack would be nice, I can simply grind for those stats or make use of buffs/debuffs. Elea's banshee wail is a God send for paralyzing enemies however i do feel it's a little overpowered as I managed to defeat the Demon King without taking any damage by keeping it paralyzed the whole time. Maybe (as with in most other JRPG's like Final Fantasy) bosses shouldn't be affected by paralyze?
Avant
Participator

Postby NekoYuki » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:28 am

Wail + explsoive brew = win
Ask to see my various OC and world setting
NekoYuki
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game