Being the bad guy 1.01 (EvilOverlord)Updated 04.04.2021

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Being the bad guy 0.61 Updated 26.06.2017

Postby Cakepony » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Spoiler: show
Yeah, I did talk to Charles in the tower, I just thought I'd already clicked there when I hadn't. Whoops.

Also, the occasional item sprite turning into another when interacted with bug happened:
The note at the fountain turns into gold/seed
The note in the thieves hideout on the pass turns into the stuffed toy used for snuffles

Not sure whether it's an error or not but after you enter an area on the mainland exiting it brings you onto the Eris mission travel system.

Since this is post end-demo stuff it probably isn't bugs but I'll mention them for completness sake I'll:
When you get back home neither the Hermit or Chuck the bartender leave the party. Oddly Chuck, Vlad, Efreet and Bandit King are still in the bar, but Stu the blacksmith isn't back despite not being in the party.

Everybody acts as if you are Eris complete with her dialogue and face picture. Getting to the bridge in this mode has it reset to just before her battle but her unconscious sprite is still in the middle.

Fighting the battle takes you to black screen, using the lightswitch item reveals your in the bar you're supposed to show up in after the battle and it goes on like this.

After darkening for the credits the screen doesn't lighten back up once their done.

About the rats: I figured out what happened, for some reason the bit where you're seen and go down the sink didn't trigger for some reason so it just left me confused.

As for locations/bossbattles/characters/story?

I've been here since building the lighthouse got you Talia saying they'd be a ship in the next update and I've loved all of those so far. I'd say that prehaps the one exception was King Elowyn(?), who I found incredibly hard though I can't recall why exactly, sorry. As for the new areas/battles/stories and characters? They've all been good so far.

Though it is kinda funny you ask about characters because I did at one point try to create, like, ideas for minor legion members months and months ago. I ended up with like 3. I could send them if you're interested.
Cakepony
New to the forum

Postby MrQuarantine » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:49 am

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but how do I give water to the dryad? I beat the desert city boss but no opportunity ever reveled itself to be able to give her water.

Also perhaps I'm still too early in to completely beat him, but I destroyed all the mummy's orbs in the fight, yet he takes no damage once this is done. I'm not sure if I am wrong in assuming that is how you defeat him?

If someone could help me out it would be much appreciated.
MrQuarantine
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:07 am

Do you have water in your inventory?
Should be able to buy it from a vendor in camp.

Weird, the mummy should take damage when the orbs are destroyed.
I have no solution for this.
Visit my artblog?
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Bright » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:39 am

Is there still interest in seeing this game continued?
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby xwrath » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:25 am

Yes, it's a good game, really would like to see how it ends.
Awkward guy, so may not answer due to not knowing what should I say...
If I ever help you, don't need to credit me
[Bad english alert!]
xwrath
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Cakepony » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:02 am

Yeah, it's a good game and not just in the ''for a fetish-based game'' sense but for a game in general. It's got a good story, and characters which I'd want to see more of.
Cakepony
New to the forum

Postby Murderkarp » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:53 am

I still wanna see more. I enjoy it immensely.
Murderkarp
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Version 0.62
Fixed some events that registered you as Eris and not Heir.
Fixed some tileset.
Fixed paralell event that got you stuck.
Added text to some npcs.
https://www.mediafire.com/?yzowb5n5fzlzh4i
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Garz » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Bright wrote:Is there still interest in seeing this game continued?

Gah gah - I'm interested in seeing this game continue! ^_^ It is great! Definitely keep going with it!

...I've just been stupidly busy lately, and thus haven't had time to /play/ and see the new updates x-x I've been snagging them whenever I pop by, though!
Garz
Intermediate Vorarephile

Re: Being the bad guy 0.62 Updated 22.07.2017

Postby danmatt » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:39 pm

So my first time playing was version 0.60, which had the error of starting inside the fish. With only the shady merchant for a teammate and starting with no experience I had to grind up to level 15/16 to beat the pirate captain. From there I made it to the coliseum boss who ended up being impossible with just the main character and Gaston, who started at level 2 for me. I had a big rant typed up about arbitrary difficulty and overly grindy games when I saw you posted 0.61.

I ran into a few issues throughout the game. The skeleton jailer in the destroyed overlord's castle gets stuck repeating the same line of dialogue in a loop when you put him back together.

The items you can craft instead of purchasing are fairly underwhelming. Except for the giant weapons, if only because the Giant Iron Bar is glitched and not consumed when used, letting you create as many items as you want to sell for unlimited money.

The guards in front of the mansion north of Fiishis seem to only let you through the gate once each.

I'm currently stuck after the shrinking tower. I went there before talking to the guy at the blocked pass to the west who says to go there and get the shrunken mayor to help you and now it seems like I'm supposed to wait for them to finish rebuilding their town before they can open the pass, but it's unclear what I have to do for that to happen or if doing things in the wrong order may have blocked progress. Talking to Aria in the monster encampment in this area after clearing the tower gives the option to destroy the town or leave it, but choosing doesn't seem to progress this at all. You can still talk to Aria again and get offered the same choice even after the Abandoned Village is already destroyed. The messenger in the bar acts like I haven't been to the tower yet even though the townsfolk are all back and working on rebuilding.
danmatt
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:12 pm

@danmatt:
I am terrible sorry for the grinding you had to do. I've never been a fan of excessive grinding myself so I can only imagine the pain you had to go through.

The skeleton jailer, aka Steve, is fixed in 0.62.

I am not particularly good at sidequest material or coming up with interesting weapons.
The thing about the iron bar is an oversight that I don't actually have an event that removes it from your inventory. This will be fixed in 0.63.

The guards were done such with a self-event. Problem with these is that put the events back in the original place when you move away.
THis will be fixed in 0.63.

It kinda sounds like you need to continue your quest by going into Racudas mansion.
Would you wait for update 0.63 or reload a save?

(If you guys have suggestions for weapons crafting or sidequests, I'm all ears.)
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby danmatt » Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:40 pm

Turns out I did miss the content in Racuda's mansion, but after completing it I'm back to where I was before with the Abandoned Town not rebuilt and no apparent way to get through the western pass. The only difference now is the extra fish people in the monster camp and the option to raze the that town too.

Regarding the crafted weapons, I just meant that damage-wise they're a little less impressive than I would expect for something that requires extra exploration and attention to your environment. I think the vendor weapons you get around the same point as the crafted weapons actually do more damage. If you're looking for ways to make some weapons more interesting you can attach abilities to them like the with the fire ring. You can afford to make the abilities fairly strong since players will be forced to switch them out for higher damage weapons eventually anyways.
danmatt
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:34 am

Did you talk to Charles in the shrunken tower?
He's the one you find at the chessboard.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby danmatt » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:10 am

It's been awhile since I did the tower, but I assume I did. I'm usually pretty thorough about chatting with npcs. The tower is already completed and the townsfolk are returned to normal size and standing around the destroyed village now, so I can't access the shrunken part anymore.
danmatt
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:36 am

If you made Racuda flee in the mansion, go to the western pass and check the wall.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Cakepony » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:51 am

Now I'm going to go into this admitting that I used a save from 0.61 rather than play my way through the whole game for this one so it's possible that any bugs are from this instead of an issue with the game.

As an aside, there were only 53 save screenshots in the 0.62 folder so I had to copy/paste them from 0.61 to be able to load saves above that number.

Bugs and assorted notes

1. In Fiishis the guy blocking the church sidequest hasn't moved, but the version of himself that is no longer blocking it has also spawned.

2. Radcua's sprite is still in his mansions dungeon, just before he flees after the fight with his ogre.

3. The Guard Captain on the bridge who you scare off to reach the mainland appears when-ever you leave and return to his screen, though his men don't so you can either ignore him and go past or scare him off again.

3. When you go to Eris's camp the Orc you warn about battle still has his Eris dialogue and the Orc guarding her tent does as well.

4. At Home in the cells Radcua and the shrinking witch don't move and are thus un-interactable. Oddly despite 5 people being interactable the count says 4. As an aside with both this and the fact that the pathing for the prisoners seems to get confused the more there are maybe it would be simpler just to put them right at the cell wall, and stay still, so Heir can interact with them straight away.
The floor their own has an extra pair of cells so when one has a row filled the other could be used instead of having to make them move so Heir can talk to everybody.

5. Since it's post-game I'll just mention these here: You still go into Eris's tileset with wandering enemies the first time you enter a place on the mainland, Vlad/Efferet/Robert and Chuck still have their Eris recruitment dialogue, the Hermit and Ooulaf are still missing and going to the bridge leads you to Eris's boss fight rather than the other continent. Though I will admit it's possible that the Hermit missing is because I'm using a save from 0.61 where he, and Chuck, transferred over to my party post-Eris.

Other than that things seem in order, Fiishis have their post freedom dialogue, you're no longer repeatedly asked about sacking it and the mage village, no bits where items change when interacted with and Eris's camp, Hassad in Dysert town and Home seem to have their dialogue in order other than what has been stated above.

As an aside, I forgot to ask about this after playing 0.61 but I just remembered that I never figured out how to complete the Benjamin's Farm side-quest or whatever that is.
Cakepony
New to the forum

Postby Bright » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:48 pm

It's not much of a sidequest, more of a "oh look, these two are pretending to be humans." I'm not sure what to do with it.

The problems with Eris is fixed with an event that occurs when Heir starts in the fish.
Then the "play as eris" event is turned off.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Bright » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:05 pm

This update patch fixes some issues.
Probably adds some new ones.
Also adds three smaller temples where you eat or recruit someone.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/fk6kvia5 ... ord063.exe
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Firon » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:32 pm

can you provide a link to your game from somewhere that isn't mediafire?...that is ISP blocked for me
Firon
---

Postby Bright » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:48 pm

Maybe this one will work for you?
https://files.fm/u/z962y338
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

PreviousNext