Being the bad guy 1.01 (EvilOverlord)Updated 04.04.2021

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Being the bad guy 0.54 Updated 21.12.2015

Postby nattarit » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:21 am

how can I ask dryad to join? I have shovel already and give water to the dryad already. I don't see any switches there. Tell me where is the switches? Tell me how can I ask dryad to join?
nattarit
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:38 am

When I say "switch" is it not a literal term. It is a term used for the game project as an event that must happen before another event can happen.

If you have the latest version, it should be enough to ask the dryad to join the legion. But you have to do it twice.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby nattarit » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:08 pm

could you please show me the picture of the dryad when the dryad joined the party? I don't know how to do but i installed RPGVXACE already the latest one.
nattarit
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:13 pm

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=31658&start=640#p2409466

Check this post. It has links to the dryad events.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby nattarit » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:16 pm

I can do already thanks. Just put event 1 and put event 3 change event 3 to event 2. That's it.
nattarit
Been posting for a bit

Postby amestu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:26 pm

is there no way whatsoever to save fluffy?
amestu
New to the forum

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:31 am

I can't believe I forgot to play the latest update. I was still in the throws of playing FO4 in every free waking seccond, and put playing this untill I forgot, despite getting on my computer just before sleeping every day and realy wanting to spend the next day playing it.

No more excuses from me. I will play the latest version by the end of tomorrow.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:36 am

Ha. I was comment 666. Now I'm 667 Neighbor of the beast.

So I think I played through everything... Maybe. It didn't tell me it ended.

I got the giants on my side smashed through the gate, and got back to camp, and everyone says they're ready to go into battle. There's just no way to get them to go into battle, so I think that may be it.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:15 am

If you got the giants, the centaurs and the harpies, there should be a stairway to the west in the camp.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:36 am

Bright wrote:If you got the giants, the centaurs and the harpies, there should be a stairway to the west in the camp.

I met the centarus in their camp, but the were just like, "Oh hey bro... Wann buy anything", I just I left after talking to them, and just thought they were just another merchant. I'll go figure out what I am supposed to do now.

Was the giant woman supposed to be Scottish? Every line of hers I read, was in... Probably in an Irish Accent... I blame Fallout 4. I just assigned her Caits voice in my head, and couldn't shake it. Though I may have converted her accent in my head. Not sure.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:56 am

Go talk to all the centaurs.

I didn't assign her a nationality.
I just thought she would be easy to anger and have violent tendencies.
Read that as you want.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:42 am

Bright wrote:Go talk to all the centaurs.

I didn't assign her a nationality.
I just thought she would be easy to anger and have violent tendencies.
Read that as you want.

Realy? I just assumed because of the red hair, and the braveheart face paint.

EDIT

Oh my God. Ellowood is the cheapest boss I think I've ever fought.

I drop everyone on the way to him, but he has absolutely WRECKED me 4 times in a row now.

He hit's like a feight train, he can't be silenced, he counters EVERY atack every other turn, he hits every one at once on the turns he doesn't counter attack, he gets multiple attacks per turn, and he heals.

I spend the whole time healing, unable to even attack, and when I do actually get off an attack, I'm repaid with 1000 counter attack damage, folowed by a swift character death, because he then sweeps everyone.

EDIT

5th try is the charm. He can still attack while paralized, completely unaffected. The the only thing that saved me was that for some reason Elea's soul weaken was RAVAGING his health it was doing like 270 damage per strike at 4 strikes, and unlike anyone else he wasn't countering that ever. Soul Devour does like 100 points of damage, and paralizes him, he doesn't bat an eye, the attack thats supposed to lower his Mdefence ROCKS him.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Murderkarp » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:14 am

I think Bright, to counter paralysis abuse, made some attacks in boss fights events instead of attacks, which I admit, was pretty clever.
Murderkarp
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bright » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:57 pm

Sorry about your troubles 0Anesthethic.
Glad to hear that you pulled through in the end.

A curious question guys, do you show mercy on the enemy, or do you devour the bosses and burn their towns?
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby SirThumpsyernuts » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:09 pm

If I'm gonna be honest, I save, do both just to see what happens, and then spare the town in the end anyways because I hate losing places to go.

That, and there seems to be more events that can take place if you spare a town rather than burning it.
SirThumpsyernuts
Been posting for a bit

Postby Murderkarp » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:22 pm

I've been sparing. Except in the last boss fight, since it wouldn't let me, which was an event bug I think. Did I mention it? I cannot remember.
Murderkarp
Somewhat familiar

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:47 am

I was stuck with so much indecision after the fight it wasn't even funny, did I give him to one of my charaters, did I spare him, did I give hit the the giantess, then I get that and I think I picked Rape And Pillage the first time by mistake, I did it both ways but the way I ended up saving as was sparing the town.

Couple of questions though, whats the point of helping the giant before you fight the king, it just leaves you in a worse state before the final fight.

And why was the King SO much stronger then everyone else, seriously I could breze through the body guards, they weren't even close to a threat, but he was a damn monster. If weaken soul wasn't outputting INSANE damage like it was, there is no physical way I could have won at the level I was, any attack from him was either out right killing my characters, or putting them within a hundred points of death, wich necessitated healing them.

On turns where he blocked I could heal, but the next turn he'd attack everyone, meaning that I had to heal everyone again, and if he attacked one person as well like he always did, it would just be a continuous downward spiral, where every 2 turns I'd lose a character in combat, try to revive them and lose another.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:17 pm

Ah darnit.

The thing that was supposed to happen in the fight is the following:

When he changes to offensive state, he is vurnerable to magic, but he counters to melee attacks. He also does more damage with melee, but takes more damage from magic.

He is supposed to change to defensive state, which makes him counter magic, but makes him vurnerable to melee attacks.

Then he is supposed to alter between the two, forcing the player to pay attention to the monster and change their attacks accordingly.

If you help the harpies, they will throw rocks at Eowold.
If you help the centaurs, they will throw healing potions up at you.
If you help the giant, he will throw a rock at Eowold, doing a considerable amount of damage.

The fault in my event was that he never switched to the other stance.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:32 am

Bright wrote:Ah darnit.

The thing that was supposed to happen in the fight is the following:

When he changes to offensive state, he is vurnerable to magic, but he counters to melee attacks. He also does more damage with melee, but takes more damage from magic.

He is supposed to change to defensive state, which makes him counter magic, but makes him vurnerable to melee attacks.

Then he is supposed to alter between the two, forcing the player to pay attention to the monster and change their attacks accordingly.

If you help the harpies, they will throw rocks at Eowold.
If you help the centaurs, they will throw healing potions up at you.
If you help the giant, he will throw a rock at Eowold, doing a considerable amount of damage.

The fault in my event was that he never switched to the other stance.

No it said he was switching stances, and all that sutuff where the monsters were supposed to help was happening.

What was the problem was

1 the prompt that told you what his stance was, was gone in a microseccond, leaving me wondering what stance he was in half the time and being forced to wing it, and suffer the concequences.

2 On the turns he was vulnerable to magic I was busy healing, only to have him switch to offense next turn, and set me right back to healing while he was defending.

3 I couldn't exactly gauge when he was vulnerable and to what, because he hit so hard. I launch an all out attack, only to get it basically thrown back in my face at three times the force, and now every character is in exteme condition. Or he'd hit everyone, and then attack again, taking down a character, and I'd be saddled with 3 extremely hurt characters. I cant asses the enemy very effectively, when I'm in emergency mode all the time.

For some reason I was able to cast Soul Weaken every turn without reprocussion, but it felt like every time I tried to attack it was getting thrown back in my face.

I suggest taking away his damage buffs, he hits so hard, it disrupts any planning. You are thrown into a pannic immeadiately, not a good state to make decisions in.

I also suggest making his stances last more turns. Him alternating stances every turn, while mangeling you leaves you in such dissaray, you don't have the opportunity without multiple tries to figure out what is happening. If he stayed in Defence or attack for two to 3 turns you'd have an opportunity to see that he is sending all the attacks of a particular type back at you(I thought he was sending all attacks(normal and magic) back while in defense), and I thought he was completely open during offense.

Last I suggest changing his combat portrait. He looks like a barbarian. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't associate barbarians with fantastic magical defenses that can rock you.

If there is a way to change his portrait during battle when you want it to change, that would be great. So maybe when he is magic protected he has visible shields, or mirrors, and when he's not they go away.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:26 am

I checked the events, it was supposed to last 3 turns, then switch. But the events seemed to overlap.
That may have been the source of all these troubles.

I`ll change the text that comes to be: "He's defending against your melee attacks" or "He's defending against your magic attacks."
That should make things a bit more understandable.

Hmm, I ended up choosing his battler image as it seemed like the logical conclusion of a boss in a gladiator arena.
The image that was with the character portrait didn't really feel like it fit with the rest of the battlers so it was a difficult decision really.

I think there might be a script that one can use that shows when the enemy has buffs or nerfs on them.
May be some other stuff as well, though I am not sure if it would work to "change battler" as it seems to change the monster, but not the image.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game