Being the bad guy 1.01 (EvilOverlord)Updated 04.04.2021

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Being the bad guy 0.54 Updated 21.12.2015

Postby Tsubasa17 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Well, its about time i bump this, so bump!
Tsubasa17
Somewhat familiar

Location: Somewhere to the west and somewhere to the east. Not north, I'm a Southerner.

Postby Bright » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:03 pm

Haven't really worked much on the game lately.
That being said, I have watched through Let's Plays of it as to get some pointers on where to improve certains things.

I`ll make sure to come out with version 0.6 before 2017.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby tgcidolfus » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:10 pm

Just finished up the end of the current version, will say I am greatly enjoying the game so far. Some tough encounters (mainly early) throughout the game. A variety of characters each with their pros and cons in combat. Game has, right up until the end of the demo/beta, I found practically no bugs. (That being you are unable to spare Eowold as it doesn't teleport you to the next screen like the other options do.)

But overall, game felt very polished with a lot of options and decisions that may or may not affect later gameplay, and am eagerly awaiting a continuation of this series.
tgcidolfus
Participator

Postby Arthotus » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:46 am

Ok, I've just played through everything you have down so far, version 0.54. Overall, I definitely enjoyed it. I don't often enjoy RPG Maker games, but I was really drawn into the fluidity and humour of your story. Great job!

That being said, I'm going to very flatly and bluntly lay out my criticisms for it, as well as the bugs I found while playing through.

Bugs
1. First true bug I found was a fair way in, and came up when I defeated the Thief King and chose to let Jeeves devour him. For some reason, this re prompted the defeat of the theif king, and I was able to feed him to Jeeves repeatedly until I fed him to someone else or spared him. The crazy thing about this was that the bonuses stacked! After I tested it for a bit my level 16 Jeeves had 240 attack. Very exploitable. Didn't take the time to check all the other characters.

2. Similar bug to number one, when I defeated the Demon King and spoke to Sirrta, if I chose to devour her, I could infinitely feed her Lilah, as long as I respoke to the place where she used to be, as it would restart the entire conversation even though she wasn't there anymore. I actually ended up doing a few loops of the conversation and then added her to my party! I don't believe her bonuses stacked this time, but I didn't heavily test this bug.

3. Third bug almost became game breaking for me. At sea, after defeating the third captain(who sometimes refused to spawn until I went ashore and then set sail again) I would become locked in place as the sea monster floated around the screen. I couldn't do anything except ask Jeeves for advice, and the sea monster could only float around and under me, unable to engage the cut scene. I encountered the same problem three times in a row, until I finally didn't talk to the third captain after I defeated him. Only then did I not become locked in place while the sea monster attacked, and the scene worked properly. You should check over that sea section, as I believe it's a bit broken.

4. There is a section of wall(along the right of one of the houses of the final town) that allowed my characters to walk through it. I couldn't walk off screen, but I could stand on top of the section of wall that was usually solid.

5. The end credits do not actually end the game, they just leave the screen dark once they're done scrolling. you can move around and even talk to Talia to restart the scroll once more. Secondly, you can jump into the boat behind Talia without talking to her and get off at any shore, making the boat disappear forever. Then you can wander through the 'final' unfinished section of the game, unable to go into any towns except the guarded bridge, which will spit you out on the wrong side, putting you back into the beginning of the game area. Strange bug, but I assume this one will be fixed just by the game becoming more finished.

Those are the bugs I remember from a simple play through. I can try to recreate them for more specific details if you wish, just PM me.

Criticisms
*Disclaimer*
These are my opinions on how to improve the game, and I won't be offended if you don't listen or even read this. In saying that, I'm going to be as honest and blunt as I can be, which may sound harsh, but I do not mean anything offensively
*Disclaimer end*

I will start broad and go into more specific details later.

1. Easy. With the exception of the sewers and Vlad's Castle, I could auto pilot 'auto attack' almost all the enemies to death. This included more than a few bosses. In fact, by 'end game' the only reason I couldn't just spam the 'z' key was the counter mechanic. Even with that, the boss had zero chance against my characters. I might have been over leveled, ending the demo around level 20, but I never stopped to grind those levels, they just piled on naturally as I was playing. I was never starved for equipment or money either, as my weapons constantly progressed by found rather than bought items, and even the constant demands from NPCs for money was easily accommodated. Perhaps I just got lucky through the whole show, but giving Jeeves a decent amount of buffs, using his Vampire speed, and then just sending him into the enemies resulted in double hits of 900+ damage that destroyed even bosses. My only advice for this balance is maybe reel back the characters items progression, as I felt like almost everything was handed to me as I walked through the game. I honestly don't know though.

2. Jeeves = Over Powered. The Heir with the Demon Sword has nothing on Jeeves. Seriously. I didn't feed any captives to Jeeves and he ended up as the fastest, more consistent, damage dealer I had, and he was fast enough to dodge enough incoming damage that I would even say he was tankier than Heir. All of this would be fine, if he didn't also have his life draining moves. Not only did these somehow pierce all defenses, they didn't seem to be possible to counter by the countering bosses, but it ALSO healed him! Jeeves was way too good.

3. Vore 'Scenes'. Way too short. Any and all the vore stuff in your entire game was one or two line blips. I had to question to my self once or twice if this even was a 'vore game', but you allude to it all over the place so I had to grudgingly accept that it was. I'm all about imagination for the non-story centric vore stuff, but when you actually get to decide whether to eat an NPC or not, give me some meat! Try your hand at writing out the full scene, please! I realize that sounds like a great deal of writing, but I'm not asking for a novel for every single character for every other character, just more than a single, sometimes generic paragraph. Secondly, Sheesha didn't have any vore options, though I feel that may just not have been implemented yet, as she seems to be a later game character based on the level I was given her at (28!? I ended this demo at 21!)

4. Battle music! Make it longer! Make more! I had to turn off the music of the game after twenty minutes because of the battle music. Don't get me wrong, I do like it! Just not every single battle.

5. Opening Graphics. Please update/enhance your opening graphics. Next to the beautiful character portraits and professional sprites, the pictures of the backstory look like children's crayon. I almost didn't get past the opening when I saw that 'art', because I assumed the rest of the game would be similar. Luckily the sprites I was immediately introduced to proved that snap judgement wrong and I played through the game.

6. Story continuation. For the most part, story line indication and hints were well laid out and even subtle a few times, but one place I felt lost was repairing the lighthouse. I had no idea those orcs were there until I accidentally wandered across them. I think if I hadn't gotten lucky, I never would have found them as there was no indication from any NPCs that those carpenter orcs were nestled in the rocks near the castle. Maybe I'm wrong and there were hints, but that's how I saw it.

7. Buff and Debuff Displays. When there was a lot of craziness late game, some of my characters had upwards of four or fice buffs and debuffs at the same time, but I couldn't tell at all. The classic "rotation of flashing buffs" might be appropriate at times like that. Also, I really want to see what buffs and debuffs the enemies have, including how long it will last(if the player is supposed to know that). Finally, I would like to know, as a player, if my character can only he buffed or debuffed in a single stat twice, or if there is more than just two levels to pluses and negatives. For example, if Heir uses Focus three times, does he get three attack buffs? Or is the limit two? The icon only goes up to two arrows but I was never sure.

8. More Debuffs on the party! (I can't believe I'm asking for this) I bought 8 Cure potions as soon as I saw them, assuming this would be a normal RPG and I'd need them soon, but I only ever used one. Just a single antidote. And I never used any debuff removals. None of the enemies applied meaningful debuffs, at least not before I finished them, and the only enemy I ever fought that poisoned were the thieves in the destroyed stronghold, oh and the plants in the upgraded forest(I think, I didn't go through there more than once/I assume they do, though I was never actually poisoned.)

9. Does having a bigger horde every mean anything? Like I kept throwing people into my tavern of monsters to sit around and have funny interactions, but nothing ever came of them. Do they give you items later? Do they assist with bosses somehow? Or are you just giving up a permanent character buff for a few lines of dialogue in the tavern? I'm fine with that, I just don't want to get my hopes up that the 'spared' characters are something more than a missed opportunity.

10. What was with that guy you save in the desert town? He wakes up in prison and wanders home. You never get anything from him or his family, so I don't know if it wasn't coded yet, or if I missed it or what, but I felt silly. It would be nice if it was a bit clearer that you don't get any reward for that little side quest, if you're not supposed to that is.

11. Eowold switches stances too often, or at least, he's swapping more than intended I assume. During my fight with him, he would continually switch from defense to offense and then back to defense in the same turn, meaning he was always in a defensive stance. I thought it was just a quirk until he did it five times in a row. My melee characters just ended up being useless as anything other than potion chuggers for the entire fight because he never stopped countering them. I like the mechanic of the rotating counter, but it needs to be a bit more explicit about which mode hes in if you don't catch the text or are unable to read it fast enough.

Welp, that's about all I have. I could probably come up with a few more concerns/plot holes/personal wants but I'm tired and I've already typed enough. Have at 'er. Thank you again for the great 'half' game.
Surviving is such a terrible game of chance. No matter how many times you happen to win, it only takes once, and you lose forever.
Arthotus
---

Postby Bright » Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:48 pm

Thanks for your feedback tgcidolfus.
I appreciate it.

Ooh, a long reply from Arthotus.
Let's see if I can do it justice.

Bugs:

1. Well, that's not supposed to happen, that's for sure.

2 . Thought I had fixed that one.

3. Hmm, I have had issues with that one before. I might have to rework the whole thing into a non-interactive scene.

4. Someone has shown it to me already, but I am glad you mentioned it anyway.

5. Well, I kinda wanted one to be able to explore the world after you finished the demo. That it went black and the boat disappeared wasn't intentional.

Criticisms:

1. Valid criticism. I never liked grinding. Mu understanding of the RPG mechanics has only increased since I started, so "creep" is a bit of an issue with this project.
Will try to improve this until next time.

2. Most likely it is because Jeeves can dual wield fangs that make him such a killing machine. He was supposed to be able to dual wield knives, but only single wield fangs.

3. Considering that I have had other people on non-vore websites playtest this game, I haven't dared to touch too much upon the vore subject.

4. There are different battle music for the bosses. Should I turn off the battle music for the regular enemies? You may have to elaborate a little bit on this bit.

5. That art is getting a bit old now, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to update it.

6. In next update I'll fix some more hints for that particular part. The thing is, if you don't get Elea, and you don't get Vlad, there is only way out of the castle and that makes you walk straight by the orcs. The issue has been mentioned by several other people, so yeah,it's something that has to be done.

7. Might be a script to make this work. Not sure what the limit for buffs are.

8. Good point. This would also help with nr 1 and 2.

9. Some gives you items, some add hints, some add flavor text. Many of them were supposed to be interchangeable or perhaps to be used in a seperate party, but I haven't gotten around to that.

10. It was something I added to show that people were actually held prisoner in the keep and when you freed them it would have a positive impact on the city.

11. I am aware of the Eowold issue. That is a fault on my part because he's not supposed to do that.

I always read every bit of feedback I get for the game. If you have any more, I'd love to hear them.

(Progress is slow on the game because I also draw and play other games on my spare time. Finding time/inspiration and effort to work on the game is harder than it sounds.)
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Arthotus » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:42 pm

Wonderful! Thank you for taking my comments seriously.

Bugs:

5. You are allowed to explore so that works fine, but the boat disappears when you disembark, so if you're in a bad place you're stuck. Also after you initiate the credits, the screen stays black.

*New* 6. I just remembered, there was another bug with the thief king. You're allowed to flee from him, which may or may not be a glitch, but when you do, his position on the screen doesn't change, so if you re initiate combat with him, he takes another step forward. If you do this twice,(because you accidentally run from him twice in a row), he'll try to step forwards onto your character and the game will freeze. I assume it's a pretty easy fix for a very wonky scenario.

Criticisms:

1. Yeah, it's all up to how you want to balance the game. You can make it easier or harder on your own tastes and I can't hold it against you.

2. Oooh, that makes sense. He would likely still be powerful with dual knives, but that would balance him out a bit.

3. Roger, I understand. I had a feeling you were appealing to a broader audience.

4. Honestly, this point isn't really your fault. It's sort of a limitation of RPG maker. Repetitive battle music is a staple of RPGs and way more work than it's worth for you to try and find and incorporate a larger score.

5. Cool.

6. Speaking of Elea, I didn't find that many more places to use her after the volcano and the Mansion.

7. Eh, that's just my beef as a player who really min-max's stuff. If you're not spamming as many buffing spells as I was, it probably wouldn't be a problem. Don't kill yourself over this if it's a huge hassle to fix.

8. Yeah, with the exception of bosses, enemies had sort of a lack of variation in techniques in general. Few of the basic mobs tried to put me to sleep, or use magic or used sweep etc.

9. Roger.

10. Roger, but that wasn't definitely apparent. Maybe if you found a cool item or something or if he handed you some money? Meh, just seemed anti-climactic.

11. Roger.

I definitely know how it is to have a hard time plowing through huge projects. This is a very well made game so far, and if the rest is completed at the same standard, honestly, it would be hard not to look at it as almost professional.
Surviving is such a terrible game of chance. No matter how many times you happen to win, it only takes once, and you lose forever.
Arthotus
---

Postby rashnefein » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:39 pm

So I just wanted to check on something. I have completed Vlad's castle, castle town, desert town and upgraded camp. I haven't figured out how to repair the bridge or the light house. What am I missing? I swear I have gone everywhere that I can.
rashnefein
New to the forum

Postby Arthotus » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:56 pm

I had the same problem for a bit. The spoiler below contains the answer to your problem.

Go back to vlad's castle. Instead of crossing the bridge to enter the building, cut right. There is a side path with orcs. They'll state they are carpenters. Pay them and they'll do what you want. Alternatively, you can go through vlad's castle, up and around past the hermit merchant dude and then climb down a rope to get to them, but the direct way is easier.
Arthotus
---

Re: Being the bad guy 0.55 Updated 09.11.2016

Postby Bright » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:34 pm

There's been way too long since I managed to get some work done on this game.
This isn't a content update really, it's more of a fix random small stuff.

https://www.mediafire.com/?hc1tpjrch6it68t

I*ll try to get a version 0.6 done before new years eve.

Stuff I've done:
Deathspark feedback:
Check the troops in westeroth castle. 2X cleric 1. soldier. (Improved somewhat.)
Consider making a mage in the troops that cast magic. (Done. Also improved clerics.)
Make chat for the orc smith in your camp when situations not apply.
Take away face for catgirl in camp. (Gave her a name instead.)
Do something about monster spawn rate in minotaur cave. (Fixed spawn rate. Fixed spawn locations.)
Add more stuff different in Dysert city after defeating Rah'med.
Fix graphic failure.
Tell you what to do when stuck without having found the orc builders. (Jeeves comes with more clues if you talk to him in base.)

Deathspark feedback 2:
Do something about spawnrate in orverlord destroyed castle. (Changed a bit in how the spawn works.)
Fluffy unable to do something if you are highlevel against Fluffy. (Fluffy got a bit more resistances, but does the same attacks.)
Walk on table with wine. (Added block events)
Stone in front of dads room. (Added stone on other end)
Captain Rackert needs a powerup. (Added a bit more stuff to the battle. Also, a bit more resistances to Captain Rackert)
Rathole in poormans house. (Took it away)
Sleeping sob in expensive hotel room changes sprite when talking to him. (Direction fix.)
Blizzard might be OP. (Increased mana cost a little bit, and decreased damage a little bit. Added frozen sideffect for a small percentage.)

Deathspark feedback 3:
Maid sprite changing animation when talking to her. (Direction fix)
Change arena ticket text. (Should be a bit more reasonable now.)
Change arena ticket price.

Have a backside to the tent In the hunters camp.
Lighthouse exit in Easeroth exit event change.
Monsters at the gate south border guard.
Snowing in the mountains when you step out of the cave.
Reentering the arena after watching all the fights have an odd effect.
The coloumns in front of the arena have a weird walking to them.
Ice tower entrance door tile double black.
If Tinir didn't eat anyone, dont spit out anyone.
Left over harpy sprite when defeating the enemies at the arena.
Amasenpai feedback:
Elea skills needs looking.
Haunted armor can bleed.
Can walk over the table after mimic fight.

Amasenpai 4.
Tree looks odd by sewer Westeroth city.
Make sure that Heir is in front when entering Westeroth city
under a disguise. (Changed sprite for everyone.)
Misspelling when talking to Lilah. (Can't be bothered this time.)
Misspelling when talking to Eris after prison break.
Captain in outlook camp weird trivia.
Increase wind mana cost.

Amasenpai 5:
Westeroth town, allow to pillage the kitchen.

Amasenpai 6:
Add monsters to inn.
Mercenary in westeroth naga camp: “Chests fall OFF wagons.”
Heal orb can bleed?
Swamp damage spot in town east side.
Dysert town: Fire event in potion shop
Armorsmiths house: Walk on roof, bad.
Strange brew in dancers tent.

Amasenpai 7:
Confusing analyze of jeeves when fighting skeletons in the underground place.
Music vanished at Vlads castle.

Amasenpai 8:
Honor guard analyze talk implies going to prison first. (Reworked sentence.)
Jump might cause game breaking. (Caused by: Holding down button. Fixed by: Transfer event.)

Amasenpai 9:
If you don't take the bridge down in Dysert city, events won't go like they should.
Dysert naga camp. Graphical error on SW tent.
Change Heir to be front player when entering Inn.

Amasenpai 10:
When Gusto changes look, keep it instead of making it happen every chat turn.

Amasenpai 11:
If jeeves is in front, not turn into a ship. Everyone turns into a ship now.

AmaSenpai 12:
Minor graphic issues with stomach tiles.
Boss in the hunters camp will speak even though dead.
Rathole in poor mans house.

Amasenpai 13:
Tinirs head look big because she was made in the character creator. Consider making a different sprite for her.

Tinir message despite having not eaten anyone. (Variable fail)
Harpy returns to cage for some reason.
Can walk on the ceiling in the expensive inn.

Deathspark feedback 4:
Add more variety to enemy behaviour overall. (especially guards in the arena prison)
Can't get out of Arena. (Intentional, but could add text)
Extra harpy pops up from defeating the skirmishers.
Text plays on events even though they are dead.
Errors if not finishing off Eowold.

Arthrotus feedback:
Break loop applied to Robber king to avoid loopable devour.
Same applied to Demon King.
Sea monster scene is changed.
Tileset change for a building in Easeroth.
Tint screen change fix.

Took away overpowered Teeth.

Vlad
Efriitus
Robert
can now be partymembers.
Only Vlad and Efriitus got vore scenes since Robert ain't a monster.

Went through troop and monsters and tried to make them a bit more interesting to fight.
Still open for improvements.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Bright » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:18 am

If you want to chat about the game, you can meet me here.

https://discord.gg/t33GnKM
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby 0Anesthetic4u » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:22 am

Wow it has been a long time.
0Anesthetic4u
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Bright » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:34 pm

I've been busy drawing for the most time.
Kinda ran into a creative rut when it came to gamemaking.
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby SirThumpsyernuts » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:00 pm

As far as I can tell, the orc that builds bridges is glitched and won't allow you to build a bridge to the volcano anymore. Kinda sucks cause I liked Ms. Demoness as a party member in the older builds.
SirThumpsyernuts
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Hmm, that's weird.
Could you tell me where you are in the game storywise?

Any other info maybe?
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby SirThumpsyernuts » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:55 pm

I beat Vlad's castle, beat the destroyed Overlord's castle, released the prisoners from the town jail and blew the guard tower up, and have Elea, Lilah, Gusto, Vlad, and Jeeves as available party members. I recruited the Orcs to build the bridge to the destroyed castle, and now any time I talk to him he just says "Just waiting for more work" instead of letting me ask him to build a bridge to the volcano.
SirThumpsyernuts
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:44 pm

Could you try to progress the story by beating rashad and see what happens then?
What is the size of your camp?
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby SirThumpsyernuts » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:14 am

Camp size is currently at the inn level with only a few people in it atm, and sure, I'll get to Rah'med and beat him and check back in if afterwards.

*Edit*
Guess I was just used to the old build where you could tell him to build the bridge after beating the destroyed Overlord castle, because I beat Rah'med and sent the orc to the lighthouse, after that I talked to him there and THEN I could build the bridge.
SirThumpsyernuts
Been posting for a bit

Postby Bright » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:45 pm

Hmm, you should be able to build the bridge before the lighthouse. The lighthouse NPC response was more of a failsafe than anything else.

Do you see any problems when progressing the story further?

Are the enemies a bit more interesting to fight now than they were before?
Visit my artblog?
Bright
Heavy user

Postby SirThumpsyernuts » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:47 am

Attempted to get past the Eris section and couldn't proceed thanks to a bugged entrance/exit in part of the desert. Specifically the entrance that goes from "Middle Desert" to "Desert South".
SirThumpsyernuts
Been posting for a bit

Postby gizblah » Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:14 am

I've play tested as far as I could.

1: The desert town boss doesn't count towards prisoner count.
2: Eris section can be blocked if you accidentally move up from the bed, leaving you trapped in that square.
3: Eris retains all her snake skills after one transformation even after combat. Also, devour will work on any enemy and one hit kills anyone.
4: Attempting to recruit Hassad as Eris crops up bugs. First, his throne room has another clone of him and Eris in there, and when you switch to Heir after, Hassad appears with him.
5: Elea has vanished from the fish gut section, leaving you unable to obtain her again. (Unless she was moved?)
6: All party members besides Tailiha have become ship sprites in the fish gut, it's kinda funny. Hah.

I otherwise love all the little changes and additions so far. Fleshing out probably one of my favorite little rpgs right now.I love this game so much.
gizblah
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game