Echidna Wars Mini [UPDATE: 07/13/12]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Echidna Wars Mini [UPDATE: 07/13/12]

Postby Kjuzhren » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:11 am

WorldInThe wrote:
addonexus369 wrote:For those of you who are having trouble with java this is how i fixed it for windows:
(use Internet Explorer or Mozilla to run game it wont run in chrome)
1.Make sure your java is up to date

2.Go to the windows start menu and search configure java

3.In the config go to the security tag

4.Click "edit site list" at the bottom

5.Select add and type or copy and paste the sites URL(aka its web address)

6.Click ok then apply

7.Reload the webpage and enjoy~

It's also a good Idea to note that firefox 64bit doesn't recognize java so if you run 64bit then your only option is internet explorer.

Well the problem is that it's still not working, doesn't matter wich browser I use, or if I add the URL to the exeptions list, cuz java still just blocks the window! Can anyone post a winrar archive with the files or something, cuz it seems that 90% of us cannot play the game cuz java keeps blocking the site!!!!
Kjuzhren
New to the forum

Postby Ryan-Drakel » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:51 pm

Actually D-gate themselves have permanently removed the Mini. IT was a teaser for Echidna Wars.

As far as I know, they implanted the "Have Java Shut game down" code which we're all getting.
Ryan-Drakel
---

Postby whatsoooever » Thu May 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Uh, what? Just played the game a couple of days ago on Internet Explorer 11/Windows 10.

Also managed to download the applets and rehost them locally.
whatsoooever
Been posting for a bit

Postby Evil_Lord_Proteus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:42 am

Game doesn't seem to work anymore, regardless of Java updates. Strangely, Java will not accept those websites on the exception list anymore for some reason.
Evil_Lord_Proteus
Somewhat familiar

Postby RC8015 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:48 am

Doesnt surprise me, as it runs on an java version which must be old as time itself now. So your java version is more likly too new, not too old. Echnidna Mini wars has only been a teaser for the old milia wars game, and should be about 5 years old now. I'd recommend to buy the new milia wars game, Milia wars DX. Way more enemies, characters, finishers and more features anyways.
Nothing better than a warm, spacious womb to rest and relax in.
Posting necro memes below necro posts for fun.
RC8015
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Evil_Lord_Proteus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:19 pm

RC8015 wrote:Doesnt surprise me, as it runs on an java version which must be old as time itself now. So your java version is more likly too new, not too old. Echnidna Mini wars has only been a teaser for the old milia wars game, and should be about 5 years old now. I'd recommend to buy the new milia wars game, Milia wars DX. Way more enemies, characters, finishers and more features anyways.

I all ready have the new Milia Wars DX, and they're not the same at all. I'd rather have both. Also DX doesn't have the green slime and blue jellyfish, I love those monsters and I wish they were in DX.
Evil_Lord_Proteus
Somewhat familiar

Postby AuntieFloof » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:46 pm

whatsoooever wrote:Uh, what? Just played the game a couple of days ago on Internet Explorer 11/Windows 10.

Mind sending any sort of file to make it playable again? Its gone full dead for me.
AuntieFloof
New to the forum

Postby JohnKillinger » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:05 am

anyone hear any word from them if they're working on the next game yet? hope their final boss is more varied than Oroboros. kindof a letdown after the queen bee.
JohnKillinger
New to the forum

Postby tritrium » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:31 am

JohnKillinger wrote:anyone hear any word from them if they're working on the next game yet? hope their final boss is more varied than Oroboros. kindof a letdown after the queen bee.

I HOPE they gonna make a DLC or just a new chapter following milia wars DX :)
I refresh D-gates blog everyday to follow what he posts, he got a whole lot of underwater enemies & desert enemies.
So if i had to make a guess i would suspect a desert, underwater,...? areas
That is, if there is gonna be any follow up ofc!

I suspect there would be since the game sold so well :)
tritrium
Participator

Postby sizehunter » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:52 am

Underwater you say? I could imagine an utterly titanic mermaid just watching with interest as you fight monsters... The ocean's a big place after all. Lakes too. It could even have a portion of the stage inside the big girl, fighting enemies that she's already swallowed as you try to escape. Shame I can't really send this idea to the creator though, I'm sure D-gate would have a field day with this.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby tritrium » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:04 am

You should follow his blog then:
http://dgallon.blog75.fc2.com/

He updates it everyday with sketches and games (he finds interesting i think?)
Its off those sketches i go from.
I could be completely wrong tho, milia wars DX came out of nowhere for me, even tho i been following his blog every day for years now
tritrium
Participator

Postby sizehunter » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:07 am

tritrium wrote:You should follow his blog then:
http://dgallon.blog75.fc2.com/

He updates it everyday with sketches and games (he finds interesting i think?)
Its off those sketches i go from.
I could be completely wrong tho, milia wars DX came out of nowhere for me, even tho i been following his blog every day for years now

It's a language barrier that stops me, as I can't read, write, and I can't type japanese. I always have had trouble learning new languages too, ever since I was still in school.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby tritrium » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 am

Just use google translate in combination with the pictures posted?
Its not 100% accurate, but at least you will be able to get the big lines of what hes writing :)
tritrium
Participator

Postby sizehunter » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:19 am

tritrium wrote:Just use google translate in combination with the pictures posted?
Its not 100% accurate, but at least you will be able to get the big lines of what hes writing :)

I'll try, but I hope you could send the idea if it doesn't work, just in case. Like I said, I've always had a problem with languages, and google translate has sometimes been... Unreliable to me. I'll still give it a shot though.
sizehunter
Participator

Postby whatsoooever » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:26 pm

stickdude32 wrote:
whatsoooever wrote:Uh, what? Just played the game a couple of days ago on Internet Explorer 11/Windows 10.

Mind sending any sort of file to make it playable again? Its gone full dead for me.

It's online on the author's site and completely works. Just use a browser that still supports Java Web Start, like Pale Moon or something. Most modern browsers like Chrome and Firefox don't support JWS anymore and that's what the game is made in.

http://imgur.com/a/r7FYP
whatsoooever
Been posting for a bit

Postby VoreWin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:07 pm

Ok so I REALLY want to play this game, I have updated and double checked my Java, it is version 1.8.0_144 so MUST be up to date. However on EVERY browser that I attempt to play on, the page simply reads "Java plugin 1.4.2 or later is not installed" I have tried on the following browsers:
Google Chrome
Firefox
Internet Explorer
Microsoft Edge

I am running Windows 10 64-bit.

This is why people are probably asking for a direct file download, because so far endless fixes, none working.
VoreWin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nouvi » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:19 pm

From what I understand the java plugin MAY work better in 32bit browsers (java.com's autodetection does not work on 64bit so they can't check if it works for you then), and secondly security configurations of java itself has changed greatly as well. For example, higher restrictions have been set on "High/Very High" security mode, and medium security mode has actually been completely removed, defaulting to High.

To enable the game you will now have to go to security config in java control panel, then whitelist both the page the game is hosted on and (most of the time) the exact directory of the java applet itself. Plus you have to go into config of a 32bit browser you have and manually enable plugin activation, or allow java applet - from what I understand it won't like being set to always allow so set it to ask. Lastly, I'd recommend installing both 32bit and 64bit java, so whenever one is called it isn't directed to the other, which can cause issues (there's full compatability for having both installed, even recommended by java.com themselves for 64bit systems)

Ref:
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/e ... rowser.xml for making sure plugin is installed/activated properly in your browser.
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/w ... lpanel.xml to find the control panel.
https://www.java.com/en/download/help/enable_panel.xml the menu you actually need to enable java for browsers, and you need to whitelist the game page/applet in.

I got it to from non-working to working in Waterfox, a 64bit firefox derivative, on a completely clean profile going through these instructions myself.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby VoreWin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:51 pm

So none of these fixes were the "problem" I was running it in Internet explorer and next to the refresh button is a little "No entry" symbol, clicking that revealed that ActiveX Controls were blocking Java, turning said controls off enabled Java to load.
However the window is exceptionally uncooperative and freezes quite often on the "Now loading" screen, so this must be some other problem. Hopefully easier to fix!
VoreWin
Somewhat familiar

Postby Nouvi » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:19 pm

It's not freezing, just takes a goddarn long time to load.

Besides, my post mentioned just what you did to fix it, techincally speaking - enabling java in browser settings, as activex controls being IE's security/plugin settings. I generalized it as each browser has their method of doing plugin/security settings, be it icons, notifications, or other things when something is blocked. Sometimes a browser is completely silent not saying a thing or showing any icon you can click, that is when you need to dig through settings manually.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby whatsoooever » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:03 pm

VoreWin wrote:Ok so I REALLY want to play this game, I have updated and double checked my Java, it is version 1.8.0_144 so MUST be up to date. However on EVERY browser that I attempt to play on, the page simply reads "Java plugin 1.4.2 or later is not installed" I have tried on the following browsers:
Google Chrome
Firefox
Internet Explorer
Microsoft Edge

I am running Windows 10 64-bit.

This is why people are probably asking for a direct file download, because so far endless fixes, none working.

Did you ignore what I said above? Pale Moon. Or another pre-NPAPI-removal Firefox fork. Get it now. Also here are the direct downloads, which, unless rehosted won't do you any good other than maybe letting you look at game resources:

http://d-gate.sakura.ne.jp/mini_wars/hspini.jar
http://d-gate.sakura.ne.jp/mini_wars/mini_wars.jar
http://d-gate.sakura.ne.jp/mini_wars/hsplet.jar
Spoiler: show
Code: Select all
<object
             type="application/x-java-applet"
             archive="hspini.jar,mini_wars.jar,hsplet.jar,"
             classid="java:hsplet.Applet.class"
              width="512" height="448" >
<param name="startClass" value="start" />
</object>