Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R2

Postby Cerolas » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:25 pm

*blinks* ... Wait ... Java doesn't have class destructor methods??

*dons Vader helmet*

NOOOOoooooo!

*EDIT: scratches head and materializes disembodied floating glowing lightbulb above head*

I'm thinking far too C style, Java is garbage collected, so no destructors, but so is Lua! I can do what I need to do using a weak table!

*EDIT2*

Okay, it's not fully implemented, but I've got it to the point where it would compile. Before I go any further, I used to be comfortable with C#, and I'm poking at C and C++ now, but I'm a Lua fanatic. This is my FIRST time toying with Java source code, so if you see something dumb, or just un-Java like, I'll take any and all constructive critism I can get. (and given that the vast majority of the stuff I'm finding in my search for AI, ALife and Multi-Agent systems is written in Java ... I'm spending far more time thinking about coding in it than I ever thought I would).

I present to you a child class of the ovrl.core.AI class, the LuaAI class. In theory, all you will need to do to get it working in the engine is a call to the LuaAI.InitLua function when starting things up, passing the file name to a lua script written for it. At this point, the file I've linked should work, and the resulting monster might 'think' in Lua, butI have yet to implement any callbacks from Lua to the functions called within the core.AI class to make a monster 'Do' things. Furthermore, such a monster would still be blind, unable to perceive anything ... with the exception of what other LuaAI driven monsters are thinking.

Not much use in putting up something half written, I know, but I'm flying blind (and having fun) with Java ... I figured I'd throw this up now in the event that someone who is more familiar with the JVM would notice something that I wouldn't, that and for general feedback on the idea. Hell, even if I did finish the class, I wouldn't expect people to use it, I'd just be content, and very pleased with myself, at the fact that I managed to cram a working Lua environment into the brain of an OVRL monster.

As far as dependencies, the only thing outside of the original OVRL source is the luaj library, available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/luaj/.

For a lot of the 'Lua' type stuff in the source, I've put comments next to lines with the Lua equivalents in single quotes ... helps me write it. And outside of the fact that I'm writing it, I make no claim to the source itself ... I consider it a part of this project.

I've run out of steam for the night, but I'll be sitting down and looking at how to implement the rest of the AI class's functionality in a manner that preserves it's intended purpose without requiring any modifications to the original source outside of the single call to InitLua().

Now, more X-Com.
Cerolas
Been posting for a bit

Postby Vizix » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:19 am

As I said I would edit some monsters and give them custom content. I have made some changes to a few monsters, I cannot remember all which but some are: Centauress, Witch, Giantess, Knight, amongst others. The content is mostly UB a little bit of AV though,and perhaps some OV. I also made the vore less fatal, more entrapment/containment. Enjoy!
Attachments
Orvl Monsers.zip
(7.03 KiB) Downloaded 711 times
Vizix
Participator

Postby DragonsFTW » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:52 am

Hey all,

I like the open modding of this game very much and i would like to try my hand on a modification of my own, with all kinds of animals/monsters. Only problem is, im not experienced at making sprites and don't know where to find any. Does someone know about some sprites that work for this game?
DragonsFTW
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby FurFoxar » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:49 pm

from what I see anything works for that game, as long as it is .png and not too big.
All you need to know is that it take for "hitbox" the first 32x32 pixel from the upper-left corner.
Please excuse my bad speilling... English is not my first language. Thanks !
FurFoxar
Been posting for a bit

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R3

Postby Cerolas » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:43 pm

Looks like R3 is up ...
Cerolas
Been posting for a bit

Postby HuskyDocherty » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:32 pm

R3 has a crashing but just coming in contact with the imp for some reason
HuskyDocherty
Been posting for a bit

Postby Firon » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:36 pm

HuskyDocherty wrote:R3 has a crashing but just coming in contact with the imp for some reason

same crash here

here's the error info I had to use command prompt for to retain

Code: Select all
Fri Nov 23 20:34:22 GMT 2012 INFO:Slick Build #274
Fri Nov 23 20:34:22 GMT 2012 INFO:LWJGL Version: 2.8.4
Fri Nov 23 20:34:22 GMT 2012 INFO:OriginalDisplayMode: 1280 x 1024 x 32 @75Hz
Fri Nov 23 20:34:22 GMT 2012 INFO:TargetDisplayMode: 800 x 600 x 0 @0Hz
Fri Nov 23 20:34:23 GMT 2012 INFO:Starting display 800x600
Fri Nov 23 20:34:23 GMT 2012 INFO:Use Java PNG Loader = true
Fri Nov 23 20:34:23 GMT 2012 INFO:Controllers not available
Fri Nov 23 20:34:31 GMT 2012 ERROR:null
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at java.io.StringReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.Scanner.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at core.Artcore.addString(Artcore.java:74)
        at core.Player.receiveAttack(Player.java:189)
        at core.Monster.doAttack(Monster.java:129)
        at core.AI.Run(AI.java:32)
        at core.Monster.AI(Monster.java:228)
        at core.World.update(World.java:261)
        at org.newdawn.slick.state.StateBasedGame.update(StateBasedGame.java:268)
        at org.newdawn.slick.GameContainer.updateAndRender(GameContainer.java:657)
        at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.gameLoop(AppGameContainer.java:408)
        at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.start(AppGameContainer.java:318)
        at core.Game.main(Game.java:25)
Fri Nov 23 20:34:31 GMT 2012 ERROR:Game.update() failure - check the game code.
org.newdawn.slick.SlickException: Game.update() failure - check the game code.
        at org.newdawn.slick.GameContainer.updateAndRender(GameContainer.java:663)
        at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.gameLoop(AppGameContainer.java:408)
        at org.newdawn.slick.AppGameContainer.start(AppGameContainer.java:318)
        at core.Game.main(Game.java:25)
Firon
---

Postby darkevilme » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Imp definition. go to 'You are weak and reel as the imp smacks you around' then add a # symbol afterwards so it matches the rest. You're being assailed by a typo.
darkevilme
---

Postby addonexus369 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:45 pm

any one know how to put the mods on my game i'm kinda confused. ^^;

also does anyone know if there's a second floor mine keeps crashing on the stairs to there(i can go to floors 0-1)?
Predator or Prey, Which are you?
addonexus369
Been posting for a bit

Postby Daredevil » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:36 pm

addonexus369 wrote:any one know how to put the mods on my game i'm kinda confused. ^^;

also does anyone know if there's a second floor mine keeps crashing on the stairs to there(i can go to floors 0-1)?

Modding the game is actually pretty simple - and this is the first time I've ever done anything even close to this.

Modding this game will either have you making your own events, or editing current ones. Lets to make our own in this tutorial because it can be applied to the later as well.
Now, the first thing you'll need is to create some sprites;
If you are modding R2, no sheets are needed, so one sprite per image. You will need at least two, one being X.imageformat and Xvore.imageformat. These will be inserted into the "art" folder in OVRL. Though the name doesn't really matter on the image, you'll still need it to be something you can type.
If you are modding R3, then you will be using a sprite sheet of sorts. All sprites will be put next to each other, in event order(Example: Normal Sprite, Vore Sprite, Unbirth Sprite).
R2 Setup:
Now that you have your two images, it's time to start implanting it into the game! You can do this by going to the "data" folder, and creating text document X. After that, your first lines should go something like this
art art/X.imageformat
art art/Xvore.imageformat
name X
strength #
dexterity #
endurance #
(optional)perk Y (This is not mandatory, and can be skipped entirely if need be, you can enter several perks aswell)
lexicon

R3 Setup:
art art/Enemies/X.png 32
artamount {ammount}
name X #
strength {#}
dexterity {#}
endurance {#}
lexicon

Note: The number sign after name is an actual number sign you need there. The stat #'s are just where you would put it's stat numbers(Example: strength 13)

Now, thats the very start of creating your very own monster! Whoo~! Now, unless you want a vegetable monster, you should probably insert some dialouge/text for it! This comes immediately after "lexicon". From this point on, R2 and R3 will be exactly the same in most aspects, besides one minor detail I'll mention later.

lexicon
X attacks you for DMG damage
#
X hits you in the junk for DMG damage
#
NEXTSTAGE
X makes a lewd comment about your mother for DMG damage
#
X punches you for DMG damage
#
NEXTSTAGE
X attempts to shank you, but you nimbly dodge out of the way.
#
You dodge all of X's strikes
#
NEXTSTAGE
X misses you by inches with it's demonic claws
#
You manage to evade all blows from X
#
END

Now, this looks like alot but it's all really simple! I'll try and break it down.
Each "STAGE" can hold three lines of text!
Each line of text needs to be spaced with a line containing nothing but a # (If it doesn't, it all counts as one action)
"NEXTSTAGE" is supposed to move you to the next stage of attacks, dodges, or other events!
You must have a # after each line of text, but you do not need one after NEXTSTAGE. See above for example.
NOW, the fun part. Making some vore scenes, and any type of vore depending on your sprite. You can insert more than one type of vore per event, but we'll get to it later. ;)
These aren't too different, but we'll use a piece of the last example so you don't end up breaking you event with the transition.

You manage to evade all blows from X
#
END

X eats you
#
X grabs you and swallows you whole
#
You are swallowed by X
#
NEXTSTAGE
You thrash inside of X
#
You struggle vainly in the stomach of X
#
X's stomach churns
#
NEXTSTAGE
With a final burp, X completely digests you
#
You are completely digested by X's stomach.
#
END

Ok, as you can see, the final "END" will be the end of the character. You may have under 3 events, but not over as far as I know. But oh, what if you want a X that eats AND unbirths?
Lets delve into this, starting with R2:
Keeping in mind the initial setup of R2's event, you'll recall how we needed to list the two images, in order, the normal and vore one. They would go "art art/X.imageformat", well, that leads to a simple insertion of another image!
Basically, for every path of action, you must have an image. The first one for the first string, the second for the second string, and so on. Thats why your regular sprite always goes first in the event. Normally, regular vore will follow. Etc, etc.
art art/X.imageformat
art art/Xvore.imageformat
art art/Xunbirth.imageformat
name X

Pretty neat, right? With this, all you need to do is insert the unbirth path after the vore path, like so:
You are completely digested by X's stomach.
#
END

X spreads her legs and sticks you in her vagoo.
#
X unbirths you!
#
NEXTSTAGE
You squirm in X's womb!
#
The womb of X pulsates around you!
#
NEXTSTAGE
You die in X's womb!
#
Death meets you in the womb of X..
#
END

Hope this helps for the most part, let me know of any errors, I'm still pretty new to this. :)
Daredevil
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Well done Dare. But I'll put a few corrections (And upload amended datafiles for OVRL later, the ones R3 comes with weren't proofread and that's why OVRL R3 crashes) Note I am only talking about R3 here.

1. Each stage on the lexicon can actually hold more than 3 blocks of text about the subject matter. See the Nephilim's rather expanded digestive abilities for an example (5 flavour texts).

2. END is actually a command to the Lexicon reader, but seen as once it starts reading lexicons it wont stop until it has as many as it has images for the character so long as you have the same amount of END as you have art you're good (the number of images is defined by the line artamount, you gotta help it out it cant count them you see) and so technically it might be able to do more than 3 images per character I just haven't tested that.

3. The first lexicon of combat flavour text is laid out like so
If the monster hits you and you have >0 hp # (This is actually legal to not have it on a different line, the # just needs a space or new line before it so it isnt read as part of another word on the page)
NEXTSTAGE
If the monster hits you and you have 0 or less hp  (this is because under these circumstances you use time units, you're too weak not to have to recover from each attack)
#
NEXTSTAGE
If the monster hits you and your damage reduction from armour entirely absorbs the the blow
#
NEXTSTAGE
If the monster misses you
#
END

We have two seperate systems for defence you see. Damage reduction from armour and defence (Which is based on your level, dexterity and your shield if any) I suppose we could compact last two but mechanically there's a difference between a miss and someone being unable to breach your immaculate attire at the present time.
darkevilme
---

Postby Someone92 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Game crashes when you you have an full inventory and try to pick up an item (had only red potions and tried to pick up another one).
Maybe add perks for increased chances of devouring/denying escape simulate an enemy that uses deception and seduction instead of brute force to devour the player.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Inventory suffers if it overflows? guess that's what I get for only giving it ten slots. Anyway I'll try to tackle that in a new update. But seen as I'm doing a new update I open the floor for anyone to suggest new features that I might bundle in alongside the bugfix.

As a side note regarding deception/seduction I originally thought of maybe having a two energy bar approach. So you have health and you have resolve and while an orc giving you a punch would lower health and make you more likely to succumb a succubi shoving your face in her breasts would effect resolve making you more likely to submit. Could just make it flavour text and a bonus perk though I suppose, I originally didn't go for it cause i'd need two different batches of vorish flavour text for each vore type and that'd be sacrificing quality for quantity.
darkevilme
---

Postby DragonsFTW » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Well, what i'd mostly love to see is more sprites for the game or some way to easily make your own sprites as far as that is possible.

More/Varied weapons and/or armor could be cool as well. Other than that, i think the game is well built technically and the rest of the content can be added in by the players themselves. My mod is working pretty nicely, with lots of varied feral preds roaming around ^^. I keep dying on floor 8 or 9 though, might have to tone down the enemies there a bit.
DragonsFTW
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Someone92 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:46 am

darkevilme wrote:As a side note regarding deception/seduction I originally thought of maybe having a two energy bar approach. So you have health and you have resolve and while an orc giving you a punch would lower health and make you more likely to succumb a succubi shoving your face in her breasts would effect resolve making you more likely to submit.

I was also thinking if I should suggest to add some kind of a "Reason" bar but I think it's more interesting if those things are handled invisible to the player.

darkevilme wrote:But seen as I'm doing a new update I open the floor for anyone to suggest new features that I might bundle in alongside the bugfix.

Holding down a movement key makes you move into that direction until you hit a wall or an enemy; dunno if I'm the only one but my hand started to ache when I played this game for some time.
When opening the inventory and selecting one item pressing its stats should show up at the bottom of the help page; it shouldn't be much of a problem to read the stats from the "itemlist.txt" file.
The game remembers the position from which you have been eaten -or- you get out in the direction of your struggle.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby WilkFreeman » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:02 am

Needed some feral so just quickly made this except for the stupid friggin sprties, I spent at least an hour on it and still ended up like complete shit. I don't do art very good, even the most simplest. (If anyone has some sprites for wolves made, or can supply some. That would be really cool.)
And I loosely based some of the text off of the imp sorry for that bit of unoriginality.
Anyways why aren't more people contributing their work? Only 2 other people have posted new addins.

Contains OV, CV, and AV with M Wolf.
Name the file wolf.txt put in data folder and add "data/wolf.txt 0 10 4" to "monsterlist.txt"
Spoiler: show
art art/Enemies/wolf.png 32
artamount 4
name gaint wolf #
strength 12
dexterity 12
endurance 9
perk dodge
lexicon
The gaint wolf claws you for DMG damage
#
The gaint wolf bites you for DMG damage
#
NEXTSTAGE
The gaint wolf knocks you down
#
You are weak and reel as the gaint wolf tears at you
#
NEXTSTAGE
the gaint wolf's bites are unable to hurt you
#
The gaint wolf hits you but you feel nothing
#
The gaint wolf claws you and the blow glances off your side
#
NEXTSTAGE
The gaint wolf misses you
#
The gaint wolf fails to connect it's bite
#
The gaint wolf lunges at you but you quickly evade
#
END

The gaint wolf swallows you whole.
#
The gaint wolf lunges at you! You try to dodge it but are not quick enough, you are pinned down and help less as the wolf beings to swallow you.
#
The gaint wolf runs in for a hit and everything goes blank... you awaken dazed and confused you find yourself inside the wolf's stomach.
#
The gaint wolf has just incapacitated you, he sees this as an opportunity for a meal and starts to swallow you whole, head first. All you can do is watch helplessly as you slide down into his gut.
#
NEXTSTAGE
The gaint wolf murrs in content as you continue to digest.
#
As you struggle the gaint wolf begins to pleasure himself to your rubbing and squirming.
#
You are being digested by the gaint wolf, you squirm around in his gut, desperate to find a way out.
#
The gaint wolf rests, content as you continue to stew in his round, bloated stomach.
#
NEXTSTAGE
You have been fully digested by the gaint wolf.
#
The gaint wolf let out a howl, youre nothing more then another meal for this gaint wolf now.
#
The gaint wolf's stomach continues to massage you until you turn into nothing but another meal. Content, he takes a nap.
#
END

The gaint wolf leaps at you, and knocks you out cold. You awaken to find yourself inside the balls of the gaint wolf.
#
You tire, and fall to your knees pleading the gaint wolf for mercy, but in vain. As you lie keeled over the gaint wolf begins to hump your head, and you are slowly being engulfed into his cock. Soon you find your self trapped inside a fleshy prison.
#
The gaint wolf grabs your head in his mouth, but he does not swallow. Instead you can feel your feet being sucked into somewhere moist and slippery, slowly the rest of your body follows. When he finally lets go of your head you notice you are shoulder deep in his cock. You squirm about but all you are doing is stimulating him.
#
NEXTSTAGE
The gaint wolf howls in pleasure as you fuss around desperate to escape, cum soaking into your skin.
#
The wolf's balls squeeze around your body, bathing you in cum as you continue to digest.
#
As you flial about inside his ball, he cannot hold back the urge to play with himself any longer, producing even more cum and quickening your digestion.
#
NEXTSTAGE
The gaint wolf howls as the pleasure has become unbearable. He starts to suck himself off in order to quicken your digestion. In only a few seconds his balls are filled with cum, it's only a matter of seconds after that youre body is melted away. He releases his load into his mouth, content he falls asleep.
#
You have been full digested by the giant wolf's balls. The gaint wolf starts to paw off, the sensation amazing, he cums onto the ground, then laps it up.
#
The wolf's balls close in around you, your body dissolving into nothing but cum. The gaint wolf murrs as he begins to release what's left of you onto the dungeon floor as wolf jizz.
#
END

You have been knocked down! The gaint wolf continues to sit ontop of your head, you are being pushed inside the gaint wolf's anus!
#
Somehow in the heat of battle you ended up facing the backside of the Gaint wolf, before you can even react his anus has already fully engulfed you.
#
NEXTSTAGE
You pleasure the gaint wolf's prostate as you wriggle and pass through his intestine giving the wolf immense pleasure. He cannot control his urges and begins to play with himself.
#
You squirm and wriggle as much as you can but you seem to be getting nowhere, the fleshy walls of the gaint wolf's intestine closing in tight around you.
#
The gaint wolf is incredibly satisfied feeling your every move as you pass through his intestinal tract, hoping for you to become a permanent part of him.
#
NEXTSTAGE
Your lengthy journey through the gaint wolf intestines has come to an end, there is nothing left of you just goop inside the gaint wolf.
#
In your last few seconds you feel the flesh chamber walls around you contract and loosen as the gaint wolf begins to pleasure himself more rigorously, which gives a sensational feeling against your body, you can't help but pleasure yourself too, one. last.. time...
#
No matter how desperately you tried to escape it wasn't enough, you feel the walls closing in on you, dissolving you, youre shape losing form. Until youre just another part of the gaint wolf now.
#
END

Name this wolf.png put in art/enemies folder
WilkFreeman
New to the forum

Postby JustAQuinn » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:05 pm

I don't want this thread to die so...

Ahem.

WELCOME COMRADES! TO THE INDEX OPUM QUINTUM!

I put mods here, and will tell you if I add more. So far my Cheater-Cheater mod is up for those who want to be eaten by a certain monster or advance to the next stage without dying horribly. As well as my contribution, the BeaLOLIce quasi-port.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yrvjp7cqra1vv (Folder Link)

JustAQuinn's OVRLMonsters Expansion Version 1! http://www.mediafire.com/?x6xxdj65cjczbtt I've updated and "completed" the vore scenes and made unique ones for each character worked on before in the OVRLMonsters.zip and some that were left bare by Challace. With permission from Challace, this mod also includes the original art for each monster. See readme for more info.

EDIT: BeaLOLIce V1.2 is live! She now includes another version if you like your monsters to be within the 32 pixel range instead of where I feel is small enough, yet retains key details. She also has a changelog and her own, thought out set of perks.

EDIT: *drags himself from pit* I...it's done...Druiji....Eight Marbles...yeah. *slumps*

Mediafire has decided that my mods violate their terms of service. Mods which contain content produced by Duamutef and the makers of Ryonasaga, both of which are non commercial, abandoned projects for one reason or another, and I make no commercial profit off of. The remainder of content in said mods is text written by primarily me and other members of this thread.

I have been given two copyright strikes, so before my account is destroyed by these false flagging attempts, I have taken down all copies of these mods. I still have them on my computer so if you guys really want to see them again, feel free to let me know, I'll post them on Mega or something.
Last edited by JustAQuinn on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar

Postby mrcake413 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:04 pm

For some reason whenever I add any new monsters, once I add them into the monster .txt (I do put it in correctly) the game just crashes when I launch it...any ideas?
mrcake413
Somewhat familiar

Postby Someone92 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:24 pm

mrcake413 wrote:For some reason whenever I add any new monsters, once I add them into the monster .txt (I do put it in correctly) the game just crashes when I launch it...any ideas?

Which new monsters? Most of the ones that has been shared in this thread have been made for v2, without some tweaks you cannot use them with v3.

If you've made them yourself it could have numerous reasons:
The format of your <monstername>.txt is wrong, e.g. you're missing a "#", "NEXTSTAGE" or an "END".
The picture your <monstername>.txt refers to doesn't exist or there's a spelling error.
The number of vore types your monster has doesn't match with the picture; you need 1+#vores (one picture for each vore, if you don't have so much pictures you can simply reuse the same one).
The perk you've given your monster isn't specified in the perklist.txt or there's a spelling error.
The attributes of a monster cannot be too low (though if you've done that the game should crash if you enter the dungeon, not on startup). Not sure about the values anymore.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:37 pm

mrcake413 wrote:For some reason whenever I add any new monsters, once I add them into the monster .txt (I do put it in correctly) the game just crashes when I launch it...any ideas?

Show me your monsters.
darkevilme
---

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game