Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R3

Postby Krieg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Hey guys, I'm not sure how many av fans there are but I'm editing some of the modded/added monsters of V3's monsterpack to be mostly av orientated, depending on reaction, I could upload them. Though I don't know how many I'll do really but I can try \o/
Krieg
Participator

Postby JustAQuinn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:23 pm

Krieg wrote:Hey guys, I'm not sure how many av fans there are but I'm editing some of the modded/added monsters of V3's monsterpack to be mostly av orientated, depending on reaction, I could upload them. Though I don't know how many I'll do really but I can try \o/

Are you saying you're making a monster pack expansion for Version 3? Or do you mean mine for OVRL Version 2? Or perhaps the Challace/lolcp effort? And if you feel up to it, go right ahead.
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krieg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:27 pm

JustAQuinn wrote:
Krieg wrote:Hey guys, I'm not sure how many av fans there are but I'm editing some of the modded/added monsters of V3's monsterpack to be mostly av orientated, depending on reaction, I could upload them. Though I don't know how many I'll do really but I can try \o/

Are you saying you're making a monster pack expansion for Version 3? Or do you mean mine for OVRL Version 2? Or perhaps the Challace/lolcp effort? And if you feel up to it, go right ahead.

Not making my own pack, I'm changing your texts of OVRL, I had no problems with it in v3 really. At least, I think it's v3, I have 3 different OVRL's on my computer so I probably got confused somewhere x3 though yeah, there are some of the monsters that still have the generic "You are eaten" "x-'s stomach churns" "You have been completely digested" texts still there so I'm editing them to av, I'll keep'em for personal use least I garner some interest from others 'round here. I'm also not much of a UB fan so I'll probably replace those as well. Though glad to have your green light already o:
Krieg
Participator

Postby JustAQuinn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:45 pm

Krieg wrote:
JustAQuinn wrote:

Not making my own pack, I'm changing your texts of OVRL, I had no problems with it in v3 really. At least, I think it's v3, I have 3 different OVRL's on my computer so I probably got confused somewhere x3 though yeah, there are some of the monsters that still have the generic "You are eaten" "x-'s stomach churns" "You have been completely digested" texts still there so I'm editing them to av, I'll keep'em for personal use least I garner some interest from others 'round here. I'm also not much of a UB fan so I'll probably replace those as well. Though glad to have your green light already o:

The latest release is V1.2. I always add VERSION 2 ONLY because my mods only work on Version 2. Thanks, though. And its cool. Just give it a snappy title like Krieg's Loli Butt Stuff mod or something. :P Ah, 4chan memes. As for those monsters, I only had the drive to do those. I don't really mind what you do, sides M cockvore. Her ass could house another dimension where all screams for naught and I'd still check out your mod, bro.

Anal vore totally rules, though
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krieg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Well, for a 'teaser' this is the reworked version, there's a big difference between the initial stuff and this, so if you like it that much, I hope you'll enjoy this c:
Attachments
elfnoble.txt
(4.15 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
Krieg
Participator

Postby JustAQuinn » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:08 pm

Krieg wrote:Well, for a 'teaser' this is the reworked version, there's a big difference between the initial stuff and this, so if you like it that much, I hope you'll enjoy this c:

>Reads first unique line

Wow, this author really knows his stuff, I enjoy his work and

>tfw no period after a paragraph of nice grammar

"..."

Spoiler: show
>Reads third vore scene

A problem I've had to correct in my work and other's a few times in the expansion pack, you made a complex statement with two parts that both end in "your face"

NEXTSTAGE

1: Elf random capitalization. Last sentence is a fragment, but I see what you were trying to do, and that requires hooking it onto the previous sentence with a comma or some adjustment.

2: Plural/singular error. Nice idea on sweet smelling slime, you don't see that often because, well, rectums stink

NEXTSTAGE

2. First sentence has weird fragments.

3. I swore for a minute I was reading a Bustah Rhymes line only with grammar errors. No one else busts sentences like that on me.

This work needs another look over for the errors that bring the action to a screeching halt and make you go "Whah" but the groundwork is solid and stable. The endings are varied and it really makes you wonder what you'll get in this chocolate box of doom. So give your work another once over after a time before final release and this should be pretty good. What exactly needs a relooking? Every. Sentence.

However, do not be discouraged, like I said, groundwork and ideas are nice.
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Krieg » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:01 pm

I appreciate the comments though bear with me, I suffer from dyslexia and I wrote these at 3am directly to the notepad file, I'll go ahead with properly editing them in word so I have spell checker etc on but good to see that you like it thus far o:
Krieg
Participator

Postby Dragonlord » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:19 am

Hmm, I can't seem to get these to open and I've tried on three different computers. Is there some program needed to run this game I'm missing?
Dragonlord
Participator

Postby JustAQuinn » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:58 am

Dragonlord wrote:Hmm, I can't seem to get these to open and I've tried on three different computers. Is there some program needed to run this game I'm missing?

Speak to me friend. What items are you talking about? The game? The art? The text?
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Dragonlord » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:26 pm

When I try to open what I believe is the game the computer promptly announces "Could not find the main class: core.Game. Program will exit.

When I try to open the game through "run" It extracts all the files and when I click run again I get a message saying the publisher can't be identified and when I continue anyways I briefly see a black box full of text whixh then vanishes and nothing else happens.

If I try opening with one of the others like OpenAL23.dll I get a message saying I lack the required program to open them.

I'm at lost for what to do.
Dragonlord
Participator

Postby JustAQuinn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Dragonlord wrote:When I try to open what I believe is the game the computer promptly announces "Could not find the main class: core.Game. Program will exit.

When I try to open the game through "run" It extracts all the files and when I click run again I get a message saying the publisher can't be identified and when I continue anyways I briefly see a black box full of text whixh then vanishes and nothing else happens.

If I try opening with one of the others like OpenAL23.dll I get a message saying I lack the required program to open them.

I'm at lost for what to do.

I know it may seem like I'm insulting you but check to see if you have Java installed on your computer. If you do make sure its completely updated, as having an outdated copy of Java can cause this. I have the latest java and each version runs like smooth butter.

Butter that explodes if you don't use the # symbol correctly.
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4

Postby Krieg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:41 pm

It's been a few days but here's another one up! I look forward to any/all feedback

p.s: Edit the monsterlist.txt file in data folder to arrange where you want your monsters to appear :3
Attachments
lilin.txt
(5.15 KiB) Downloaded 481 times
Krieg
Participator

Postby roleplayer » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:30 pm

Hey, I am having problems with this. It says that it cannot find the main class: Core.Game. then it exits the program. I recently upgraded to windows 7
roleplayer
New to the forum

Postby darkevilme » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:01 pm

typically this is caused by your java being out of date. update your java.
darkevilme
---

Postby maraudingmarauder » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:42 pm

Well, I've got the game running, but it seems to break when I try adding any of the monster add-ons - even if I pick individual monsters out and add them to the monsterlist manually.
maraudingmarauder
???

Postby Challace » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Most of the monster add-ons are broken as of R4, try R3.
Challace
Been posting for a bit

Postby JustAQuinn » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:07 pm

maraudingmarauder wrote:Well, I've got the game running, but it seems to break when I try adding any of the monster add-ons - even if I pick individual monsters out and add them to the monsterlist manually.

Better yet, try V2 if the mod appears before V3 came out. I try to help by putting a big VERSION 2 ONLY in my filenames.
JustAQuinn
Somewhat familiar

Postby Someone92 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:07 pm

About version 4:
- Not sure if it's intended but it seems the perk insides has to be negative to make escaping harder, a positive number makes it easier to escape.
- Something is wrong about the way art is imported; if I use 64x32x24 png I see a part of the second image in the first one; changing art <folder>/<filename>.png 32 to 24 solved this problem yet Dragon has the very same measurements yet he works fine with 32...
- The perk defence doesn't seem to work anymore, or very high settings (like 60-80%) are ignored.
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby darkevilme » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Someone92 wrote:About version 4:
- Not sure if it's intended but it seems the perk insides has to be negative to make escaping harder, a positive number makes it easier to escape.
- Something is wrong about the way art is imported; if I use 64x32x24 png I see a part of the second image in the first one; changing art <folder>/<filename>.png 32 to 24 solved this problem yet Dragon has the very same measurements yet he works fine with 32...
- The perk defence doesn't seem to work anymore, or very high settings (like 60-80%) are ignored.

1. Turns out I need to proof read my equations. I'll release a fix for this tomorrow.

2. Dragon has only two frames of art that are each 32 pixels wide. That is why it works fine with 32. If you have 3 24 pixel wide images on the sprite sheet then yes you'll have to adjust the width value.
edit: Just to clarify, what I mean is that nothing is wrong with the way the art is imported. It's working as intended.

3. defence isn't a percentage anymore. It's an addition to the miss chance. But that calculation will be amended tomorrow.
darkevilme
---

Postby Someone92 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:50 pm

darkevilme wrote:
Someone92 wrote:2. Dragon has only two frames of art that are each 32 pixels wide. That is why it works fine with 32. If you have 3 24 pixel wide images on the sprite sheet then yes you'll have to adjust the width value.
edit: Just to clarify, what I mean is that nothing is wrong with the way the art is imported. It's working as intended.

The image is 64x32 though, so two 32x32 images. I've added the image and data as attachments.
Attachments
lowersuccubus.png
lowersuccubus.png (1.4 KiB) Viewed 1906 times
lowersuccubus.txt
(659 Bytes) Downloaded 300 times
Someone92
Intermediate Vorarephile

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game