Larapha: A Witch's Tale Vr. 34 --New Poll--

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Would you be interested/able to help crowd fund this game?

I would be interested, and am able to do so!
24%
I would be interested, but I don't have the funds to...
69%
I would not be interested
6%

Total votes : 769

Re: Larapha: A Witch's Tale -DEMO-

Postby Andrew_PT » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:57 pm

xwarriorj wrote:Theres a bug with the transforming. I always end up as a fairy. But besides that this is a pretty good game.

Are you still on the old version? The new version doesn't have that problem anymore.
Andrew_PT
Been posting for a bit

Postby The Saint of Ravens » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Alright, now that I have a bit of sleep and a lot of energy drinks, it's back to the grind stone for me ^^ I have the next five days off from work, so I'm going to try to get as much done as I can in that period! But, before I do, I'll do a bit of Q&A.

For starters, I've really been having fun with making this game, mainly because I've got an actual story/PLOT going for it but I also have a lot of room to mess around. If an idea comes to me, I go with it. Poking and prodding me with ideas is a good way for them to end up in the game. As she goes through her journey, Agni is going to get a lot of different powers and gain a LOT of forms. All of the ones in the demo are social or infiltration based forms, but she will get combat forms and predatory forms as I get the sprites for them (curse my artist friend for being so slow!) Some forms, as demonstrated with the child, will trigger their own being vored scenes with certain NPCs. Also, when I start making the under-city dungeon sections, losing to certain enemies will trigger scenes.

My next goal is to turn this demo into a true Alpha version with all of the bells and whistles. My goal is to have that completed by Wednesday night at the latest. The full alpha will include:

-A revamp of the Helena Estate infiltration. I feel that I did a very shoddy job with it, and there are many things that I wish to add. (Such as Lily the Maid, mwahaha) Completing it will be the official end of the alpha, with the Capote aiding quest ending wrapping up. ********COMPLETE********

-Implementing the scene with the neighbor kid. I was originally going to have that in the demo, but it was taking longer than I wanted so I cut it off and left it for later. It will be in the alpha. ********COMPLETE********

-Prettying up the world a bit more. Toward the end I cut a few corners and left some things out. Those will be fixed. ****COMPLETE****

-Completing the secret store scenario on Hawk Street. I actual left the start of the scenario active, and some of you with sharp eyes might have already found it. I'm a big fan of easter eggs and hidden areas, so have fun hunting them all down as I go along! *****COMPLETE*****

-Different dialog from NPC's depending on what form you are in. This is a big one, and is going to be a huge pain in the butt, but it's something that the game NEEDS to feel right. *****COMPLETE*****

-Checking spelling and grammar. A big thanks to Bright for editing through it already~ I'm annoyed with myself that I let so many mistakes slip through. **********Complete(ish)************

-Expanding the segment in the Fire Shrine. It looks like crap as it is and I have a few nice ideas for it, heeheehee.

Umm... I think that's it. I'll be using this post as a checklist for while I'm working, so I'll mark things off as complete while I go. Other than than, I'm glad people like it, thanks for your kind words, and stay jazzy everyone!
Last edited by The Saint of Ravens on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
No worries, I don't bite~
The Saint of Ravens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Andrew_PT » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:10 pm

This is going to become My favorite game ^^
Andrew_PT
Been posting for a bit

Postby justaname333 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:24 pm

The Saint of Ravens wrote:-Different dialog from NPC's depending on what form you are in. This is a big one, and is going to be a huge pain in the butt, but it's something that the game NEEDS to feel right.

This might turn out to be a show-stopper, especially if you're planning on having many, many more forms accessible throughout the game. Perhaps put some limits in place to cut down on how much dialogue that will need to be written, such as disallowing the player to go into certain areas as certain forms. (For example, monstrous forms in public areas). But this means putting having to write a bunch of different checks for map change points... which would be incredibly tedious, unless you can get the engine to categorize forms? No idea. But good luck!
justaname333
Participator

Postby Bright » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:37 pm

The Saint of Ravens wrote:-Checking spelling and grammar. A big thanks to Bright for editing through it already~ I'm annoyed with myself that I let so many mistakes slip through.

I like it when people give a good analysis of my game, so I think it is only fair that I do the same. I did not find any gamebreaking bugs, so it is very well done I think.

Don't over exert yourself on the game-making though. Don't want you to burn out.
Visit my artblog?
Spoiler: show
http://julienbrightsidesart.blogspot.no/
Bright
Heavy user

Postby Terrafox » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Man I can't play the game, but I want to play.
Terrafox
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby grim667 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:09 am

It is neat so far.. when talking to the cat at the temple I ended up in a loop I hit enter and the dialog came back and back and back where he said you can climb the vines
grim667
Heavy user

Postby TheGreatAndA » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:14 am

Alright, I'm stumped... How in the HECK are you supposed to take care of the boss? Apparently you're supposed to talk to him as a child, not as a cat, but... So far as I can tell, the only way to get in is as a cat, and there are no magic vents anywhere inside. She mentions something about poisoning food when you go in the dining area, but I can't find any poison either! I swear, I've looked everywhere there is to look, but it's just not here.

EDIT: Nevermind. Apparently talking to the guards as a child, who normally don't say anything at all, works. I thought they were serving basically as a brick wall, and you were supposed to get in as a cat.
TheGreatAndA
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kavvanshrike » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:23 am

wait there are 6 vore scenes in this?
did the fairy alone count as 3 or did I miss something?
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby Andrew_PT » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:01 am

Kavvanshrike wrote:wait there are 6 vore scenes in this?
did the fairy alone count as 3 or did I miss something?

1-Your cat
2-Flower girl
3-Elf
4-Fairy
5-Rose(go as a child)
6-Demoness(go as a child in the Mansion and explore a bit, you'll find her.)
Andrew_PT
Been posting for a bit

Postby Kavvanshrike » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:07 am

thankyou Andrew_PT
Kavvanshrike
Participator

Postby The Saint of Ravens » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:39 pm

There will be an update tonight, one way or another. O.o I have the heavy bits of the Alpha update done, I just need to connect everything and polish it a bit. Sometime before midnight EST I should have the update uploaded. Barring a meteor hitting my house. Then I might be a few minutes late.
The Saint of Ravens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:04 pm

No one answered my question.
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Be sure to say that ParaYumi refered you when you register for it. That's me.
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby The Saint of Ravens » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:No one answered my question.

Sorry about that ^^; The answer is yes, you can be prey in this game. Various forms will trigger various scenes, some voring, some being vored. The current demo has two such scenes.
The Saint of Ravens
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dracon_Kitsune » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Well, I played through it, and found that so far it is a pretty good game. I only have a few comments and sugestions
There is a slight error with the cat reappearing after you finish talking with him and causing him to join you. My suggestion would be a self switch event to change it into a blank event once he joins you. Also, is he supposed to follow you around everywhere? It gets annoying at times.

Also, the guards out front of the mansion. Maybe they can have a couple lines when you haven't talked to the sleazy guard as a child, so they don't seem like blank events.

And one more suggestion. If you could add the most recent version to the first post, that way once this thread grows past 10 pages we won't have to search and shift for links, that would be nice.
Dracon_Kitsune
Participator

Postby Genowing » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:55 pm

Can't wait for the Update! :gulp: Which program are you using? I have most RPG makers though Ive never made my own game, ive helped a few friends with little things.
Genowing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:22 pm

The Saint of Ravens wrote:
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:No one answered my question.

Sorry about that ^^; The answer is yes, you can be prey in this game. Various forms will trigger various scenes, some voring, some being vored. The current demo has two such scenes.

Ah good. ^_^
A link to a fun game I love playing: http://www.blankmediagames.com/TownOfSalem/

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:39 pm

I can't figure out how to get the child transfomation.

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

Postby Lawrence Craft » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:I can't figure out how to get the child transfomation.
You have talk to her and that you will help her with the flowers.
This should be no problem, you have only two options in the conversation with her. ^^"
You should always keep the following sequence in mind:
1. Read carefully
2. UNDERSTAND what is written (that's the most important point!)
3. Follow the instructions you have read AND understand before
4. Play the game and be happy!
Lawrence Craft
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Lawrence Craft wrote:
Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus wrote:I can't figure out how to get the child transfomation.
You have talk to her and that you will help her with the flowers.
This should be no problem, you have only two options in the conversation with her. ^^"

Problem: Where is she though? I can't seem to find her. The only child I see is the girl walking out in the open, and talking to her only has you complaining about social norms.Also, the lone boy in that room in the apartment will call yopu Agni even if you named yourself something different.

Pachirisu_And_Asmodeus
???

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game