P0RTAL(RPGM:VXA)

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Did you enjoy this game?

Yes
23%
No
16%
It was OK
16%
It has potential, but it's lacking.
44%

Total votes : 43

P0RTAL(RPGM:VXA)

Postby Daredevil » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:12 pm

Note: You will need the RTP for Rpg Maker VX: Ace if you wish to play this game.
I have decided to make a game using RPG Maker: VX Ace for the macrophile/microphile/vorephile community, and eka's seems like a great place to put it. :D
Currently the game is nothing but a mere demo, found here. This is the 1st demo, as I plan to release a new one after I finish out some good new places and story.

This game contains no images. It will not contain the following things either:
Spoiler: show
Scat/Fart or anything like that.
Cock Vore
Loli/Shota - For some pretty obvious reasons.

Here's the plot synopsis, sort of:
In the world, a there is rumor about portals appearing through space and time, whisking people away to an extraordinary land full of treasure and adventure. You are one of these people, default name Kenji. Kenji is put into the world as your average human, nothing really special to show for it, and with no memory of his life beforehand, how will he do in such a dangerous place? He has been reduced to nothing but a mere inch(give or take) tall too, making the world all the more dangerous. After crawling from his hole, he meets a scout built by the Mages' Guild, working for Chester, mayor of Foreston. He gives him directions to a southern village built in a group of trees. Arrival there reveals a safe haven for tiny people, who call themselves humans, different from the bigger humans, known as Giants. Giants roam the land, and like the humans, come in a rainbow of colors and personalities. It's up to Kenji to survive this world, save some friends, and maybe, just maybe, bring down the horrible Megalo Company.

Some Characters:
Kenji:
[spoiler]A young, dapper man in his late teens/early twenties(as in, an adult teens). Kenji has no recollection of his past or why he has arrived in Termina. He must rely on himself and others to survive this harsh world, which is tough with all the interest he picks up from the people around him.

Isaac:
A mage who resides in Foreston to help restore it's protective spell. This spell is rumoured to help keep away "Hunters", a horrible species of monster that hunt tiny people, and kill them. Hunters are also the people who control these monsters, and are a type of exterminator. Isaac himself doesn't seem to care much for all the work it takes, and being near Kenji certainly involves a LOT of work.

Chester:
The Mayor of Foreston, he is an old Sod who has been too old for this crap for too long. He helps direct Kenji to Foreston, and gives him many quests to help keep Foreston and himself safe. A backstory reveals he was a loving father and a dock worker before he came to Termina, and the only of his family to get transported.

Cait:
Cait the Cat is a cat. She is also an optional addition to your team, one who is normal sized and is also magical. She can speak and was a hell'uva dancer, but now sits in the forest planning revenge against the mage who shrunk her. Surprisingly, she won't eat you.
[/spoiler]

Thank you for reading~I hope you enjoy this version, and future versions of my game.
PLEASE REPORT ANY GLITCHES YOU MAY ENCOUNTER
Attachments
foreston.png
A shot of Foreston
oldcoins.png
name.png
This was my favorite feature, personally. Though my own name can't fit it </3
Last edited by Daredevil on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Daredevil
New to the forum

Re: P0RTAL(RPGM:VXA)

Postby Eolwin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Hi !
Could you upload it on something else than MegaShares ? I can't download it.
BTW when you say your name can't fit in the rename screen... what do you mean? You should be able to add a name with 16 characters max.
Eolwin
Somewhat familiar

Postby xThunder » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi.

There is a loop bug that hinders game progression when you enter the library in the shrunken village to talk to the chief.
Another minor bug is enter the house directly south of the doctor you exit the house below it.
in for a head, in for the ride.
xThunder
New to the forum

Postby NezumiNom » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:07 pm

Looks interesting, dowloaded the game, but where can I find the RTP thingy to download and run the game on?
NezumiNom
Somewhat familiar

Postby Daredevil » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:45 pm

Eolwin wrote:Hi !
Could you upload it on something else than MegaShares ? I can't download it.
BTW when you say your name can't fit in the rename screen... what do you mean? You should be able to add a name with 16 characters max.

Sure, I'll upload it to a mirror too. As for the name, I put a limit for creation purposes. It's a lot easier to create text boxes with the smaller limit, and leaves
less of a gap that I'd have to account for the large names.

xThunder wrote:Hi.

There is a loop bug that hinders game progression when you enter the library in the shrunken village to talk to the chief.
Another minor bug is enter the house directly south of the doctor you exit the house below it.

Fixed that, turns out I had the ControlSwitch set after the Transfer, and while this would still work in regular VX it doesn't in Ace. Gahahaha. >.>
Fixed the transfer. I'd been moving the houses around somewhat recently so it must have slipped my notice. Thanks @W@

NezumiNom wrote:Looks interesting, dowloaded the game, but where can I find the RTP thingy to download and run the game on?

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package There will be several ones, but Ace is the only compatible one.
Last edited by Daredevil on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daredevil
New to the forum

Postby lilcooper » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:08 pm

A little confussed
When you go up stairs to get the crystals it won't let me go up, is this the end of the demo, or a glitch?
lilcooper
Somewhat familiar

Postby Daredevil » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:13 pm

lilcooper wrote:A little confussed
When you go up stairs to get the crystals it won't let me go up, is this the end of the demo, or a glitch?

Stand infront of the staircase, facing it, and then press enter.
Daredevil
New to the forum

Postby Evilpancake » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 am

I found this game to be not very enjoyable, i'll tell you why.

1. Random encounters...they're done, not even final fantasy series does them anymore. They are annoying and serve 0 purpose to any game anymore.

2. Vore scenes. My first vore scene i got was the witch which was basically "she massages(which was spelled manages) you with her tongue, tilts her head back and swallows....oh well i guess that's that"..... and that was pretty close to what the actual description was, that's not a vore scene...

I pretty much stopped after the witch scene, a game filled with "oh look you're eaten, too bad for you" type endings is just not something i'm interested in playing.

my 2 cents
Evilpancake
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby bmain86 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:48 am

Just cleaned out the northern part of Forestown of spiders. Seem to be stuck after the Mayor sent me off to 'have a good night of sleep'

There's a letter in my house but I can't do anything to it. It's immovable and unreadable.
bmain86
Been posting for a bit

Postby Dracon_Kitsune » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:21 am

Alright, since I think the letter is at the end of the demo, time for my review.
The good:
Interesting concept, I like it.
The cheat pillar was an interesting concept, that was a huge help.
The bad:
Rate. I don't think I need to say anything more about that.
The sliding scale of difficulty. From slimes that were difficult to beat, to rats you had to run away from, to easy spiders, there was a small balancing issue there.
Lack of early game healing. Early game is when you need healing, so you can go out and level grind, and not need the cheat pillar. Not to mention that once you have enough to pay for the 200 gold drink that heals you, you no longer need it...
Bad wrap around text. Some of the text boxes don't wrap around, so words get cut off.
Grammar. Early game had some word repetition and awkward sentences. something that has become a slight pet peeve of mine. Nothing a good beta won't fix.
Sound and noise correlation. Some of the houses make the door opening sound, then fade the screen to black and move you in. It feels sorta disjointed.
The Ugly:
The stairs in the cave. An easy fix, but a nearly game breaking glitch.
And what I wish: I would like to be an 'idiot' and go into the tent. Would I have to go there before getting the crystals, or is it just inaccessible until further notice?

All in all, a good first demo, and I patiently await more.
Dracon_Kitsune
Participator

Postby LilianiMirx » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:47 am

Evilpancake wrote:I found this game to be not very enjoyable, i'll tell you why.

1. Random encounters...they're done, not even final fantasy series does them anymore. They are annoying and serve 0 purpose to any game anymore.

2. Vore scenes. My first vore scene i got was the witch which was basically "she massages(which was spelled manages) you with her tongue, tilts her head back and swallows....oh well i guess that's that"..... and that was pretty close to what the actual description was, that's not a vore scene...

I pretty much stopped after the witch scene, a game filled with "oh look you're eaten, too bad for you" type endings is just not something i'm interested in playing.

my 2 cents

I agree with this post and I gotta say that the glasses on the main character was a turn-off for me personally.
LilianiMirx
Participator

Postby zaikou » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:31 am

slight glitching with the letter in the "dream", screen goes black after reading the letter.
also game freezes with nothing happening after pushing the jar down.

overall i think the game has potential.
zaikou
New to the forum

Postby antitheology » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 pm

I like this a lot! You created a unique and interesting setting, And you left plenty of it unexplored (Such as the Hunters, the lore and nature of the tiny people and Selena) which is very promising for future updates.

The level design is great, you made good use of the resources without overdoing it, whilst keeping it much more interesting than the typical dirt, grass and tree design.

There is a fair amount of optional areas to explore, as well as an optional companion.

An upgradeable home? That's something new, Only thing I can say is that some of the upgrades should be more than cosmetic.

All of the items seem to have well written/humorous descriptions.

A few nitpicks..

No way to revive Cait (that I can find).

Some important items are missing, I could not find any items to cure poison or revive party members.

Isaac's heal spell, I can't think of a situation where I could generate 100 TP, let alone choose to spend that amount on heal instead of spending 1/10th of it on Lightning.

Too many situations where we cannot go somewhere because Isaac/Kenji says so. It's understandable with blockages or tough enemies, but I think that the player should be able to go into stupidly dangerous areas (and die) if they really want to.

A few bugs, Both of the "No" options with the Witch result in being unable to move. after breaking the jar you are unable to move, reading the letter as the detective causes the game to be stuck too.

Overall, a really great and unique game, which is primarily lacking in content. I truly hope that you continue this and I will definitely be watching this thread.
antitheology
New to the forum

Postby Daredevil » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Evilpancake wrote:I found this game to be not very enjoyable, i'll tell you why.

my 2 cents

You're right. I haven't exactly finished that vore scene(thats why the batmobile thing), and it's on my list of rewrites. I understand and will work on it immediately! As for random encounters, I also find them annoying and somewhat bothersome, maybe I could try and work around it somehow. Would implanting sprites for the monsters(like a slime), and having them move around the map be better? They should reappear once you exit the map, but it could help avoiding them more.
bmain86 wrote:Just cleaned out the northern part of Forestown of spiders. Seem to be stuck after the Mayor sent me off to 'have a good night of sleep'
There's a letter in my house but I can't do anything to it. It's immovable and unreadable.

Yes, the demo does end around there. Though I did upload a bugfix after that which did include a (little) more content, it really doesn't.
Dracon_Kitsune wrote:Alright, since I think the letter is at the end of the demo, time for my review.
The good:
Interesting concept, I like it.
The cheat pillar was an interesting concept, that was a huge help.
The bad:
Rate. I don't think I need to say anything more about that.
The sliding scale of difficulty. From slimes that were difficult to beat, to rats you had to run away from, to easy spiders, there was a small balancing issue there.
Lack of early game healing. Early game is when you need healing, so you can go out and level grind, and not need the cheat pillar. Not to mention that once you have enough to pay for the 200 gold drink that heals you, you no longer need it...
Bad wrap around text. Some of the text boxes don't wrap around, so words get cut off.
Grammar. Early game had some word repetition and awkward sentences. something that has become a slight pet peeve of mine. Nothing a good beta won't fix.
Sound and noise correlation. Some of the houses make the door opening sound, then fade the screen to black and move you in. It feels sorta disjointed.
The Ugly:
The stairs in the cave. An easy fix, but a nearly game breaking glitch.
And what I wish: I would like to be an 'idiot' and go into the tent. Would I have to go there before getting the crystals, or is it just inaccessible until further notice?
All in all, a good first demo, and I patiently await more.

I'm currently in the process of writing enemies, and RPG Maker has it listed as a "Rate" by default, I never took notice of it before that. Odd, but an easy fix. I'm going to try and balance it out in the next few demos, but going back to the idea of "Random" but not encounters. Like the spiders, but respawning.
Yeah, the early game does need rewritten, but I'm finding myself dissatisfied with each attempt. It's the second on my list, behind completing the tent scene and some vore stuff here and there. I plan to add a vore scene with Cait by the next one.
Oh the healing! Gah, I never even thought of that! I feel silly right now. I'll try and add one to the starting cave or log. Perhaps it could be another use for the Chat Crystal :lol:
Wrap around text is horrible, I have reworded and exmained so much whenever I write anything, and it still gets through -_- I'll replay the entire game and try and find the small ones here and there.
The tent scene is a future thing that I'd like to keep you out of there UNTIL your original encounter there. Then much extra content with the girl throughout the game plans to be added, vore and among other fetishes I'm sure many will enjoy. \N[1] can be an "idiot" then.
zaikou wrote:slight glitching with the letter in the "dream", screen goes black after reading the letter.
also game freezes with nothing happening after pushing the jar down.

overall i think the game has potential.

Hm. Thats not supposed to happen, I've made it past that scene and I don't think I've changed it. I'll retest it. The game ends pretty quickly after that, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. After pushing it down the only thing that happens is:
You wake up and some people have moved. Northern part is semi populated. I don't really want to expand it with so much broken in this part, so meh.

antitheology wrote:I like this a lot! You created a unique and interesting setting, And you left plenty of it unexplored (Such as the Hunters, the lore and nature of the tiny people and Selena) which is very promising for future updates.

The level design is great, you made good use of the resources without overdoing it, whilst keeping it much more interesting than the typical dirt, grass and tree design.

There is a fair amount of optional areas to explore, as well as an optional companion.

An upgradeable home? That's something new, Only thing I can say is that some of the upgrades should be more than cosmetic.

All of the items seem to have well written/humorous descriptions.

A few nitpicks..

No way to revive Cait (that I can find).

Some important items are missing, I could not find any items to cure poison or revive party members.

Isaac's heal spell, I can't think of a situation where I could generate 100 TP, let alone choose to spend that amount on heal instead of spending 1/10th of it on Lightning.

Too many situations where we cannot go somewhere because Isaac/Kenji says so. It's understandable with blockages or tough enemies, but I think that the player should be able to go into stupidly dangerous areas (and die) if they really want to.

A few bugs, Both of the "No" options with the Witch result in being unable to move. after breaking the jar you are unable to move, reading the letter as the detective causes the game to be stuck too.

Overall, a really great and unique game, which is primarily lacking in content. I truly hope that you continue this and I will definitely be watching this thread.

For the home, I have a LOT planned, here's some more things I plan to add:
In this game I'm going to have several towns spread out, that world map is pretty big. Don't want to walk all around it? Buy the basement in your two houses in each town, and connect those with a tunnel! Fast travel and more than cosmetic use.

I try with some humor here/there. You can even find a lamenting Daredevil in one point, who says; "It's 4:30 AM and I have insomnia. Probably won't affect my writing ability though."
It kind of does, my grammar/spelling mostly. xD
Yeah, lack luster on items and Cait does need to not die. Maybe I'll make a home for her...which could restore the whole parties health? That would fix two problems one blow, though I'd still have to implant one in Foreston or something for those who don't want Cait. I'll add something to the merchant too, he's pretty underdeveloped(really I had to do Isaac/Gotz/Him all at once and for some reason the others got more attention. I fell silly).
I see your point, but I'd like to make it seem like \N[1] can think somewhat. Don't worry, one character coming up can do some pretty suicidal stuff, and I plan to switch between them at some points before they team up. Also, on the matter of the giant town:
Everyone was murdered. Both big and small. Why? That I will not say, but no one leaves a skeleton in front of church without foreshadowing something. xD

The No option actually trigger a horribly long wait time as she falls back to sleep. Lousy drunk, I'll lower it to 120 frames. She needs to go through a major revamp, maybe even a new character.
Daredevil
New to the forum

Postby bmain86 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:42 am

I hear people saying they reached a Witch? I came across nothing like that so could someone point me in the right direction if I'm missing something? I'll still stuck in an endless cycle of sleeping and being unable to move that letter on my house floor.

Do I have to reload a previous save to reach it?
bmain86
Been posting for a bit

Postby LilianiMirx » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:48 am

bmain86 wrote:I hear people saying they reached a Witch? I came across nothing like that so could someone point me in the right direction if I'm missing something? I'll still stuck in an endless cycle of sleeping and being unable to move that letter on my house floor.

Do I have to reload a previous save to reach it?

The witch is in a broken pillar when you first enter the outdoors.
The area where the cat is walking around in.
LilianiMirx
Participator

Postby Daredevil » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:31 pm

Speaking of which, the witch has gone through a completely new re-write! Better vore scene, and another end scene of which I will not tell. Little unwinnable boss fight just for fun too. Had to completely redo the Cat-Sidequest thing, but it was so worth it. I'm more than satisfied with it now, and I may release a patched version of the beta. In addition, a NEW area is now available: Cait's Den! Asking her to go there will allow you to travel there, where the whole party and her may heal. I also added a Crystal to Foreston for some Free HP restoration. The Jem-Quest pillar should be fixed and some new items have been added. Not too bad for a night I think, and I have much more writing to do. I also redid the introduction with an Article to kind of shed some light on the game, but vague enough I can still do a lot. :D
Fixed some wordwrap text too, and a few grammatical things. Plus some more house stuff, just for the effort.
Daredevil
New to the forum

Postby warbrand4 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:32 pm

poison equals dead, I got attacked by hornets and now can''t do anythign as there is no way to stop the poison.

problems with game
to hard to start.
discourages exploration, having that I shouldn't go there hurts the game a lot.
lack of anything healing that is useful in the start.

things that good.
general story.

EDTI: also right after the cheat Crystal I crash every time.
just an RPG maker mapper,
warbrand4
Advanced Vorarephile

Postby Avant » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:00 pm

warbrand4 wrote:poison equals dead, I got attacked by hornets and now can''t do anythign as there is no way to stop the poison.

problems with game
to hard to start.
discourages exploration, having that I shouldn't go there hurts the game a lot.
lack of anything healing that is useful in the start.

things that good.
general story.

EDTI: also right after the cheat Crystal I crash every time.

Sounds like the game has balancing issues at the moment. I'll wait until the patched version is done before I give it a try.
Avant
Participator

Postby player1 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:22 pm

I would like to say something about this game if i weren't blocked after getting the gem in the bandit's lair. Now for the technical aspect i must say everything is fine though the slimes in the tunnel are in dire need of work
"wizards, no sense of right or wrong!" some spacemen wisdom.
player1
Intermediate Vorarephile

Next

Return to Vore game