Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.6]

Postby vsanomolyx » Tue May 02, 2017 6:50 am

._.
vsanomolyx
New to the forum

Postby KingKabal777 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:09 pm

fiddlesx wrote:can i ask what the gaurenteed first spawn for the dungeon room/boss would be? im kind of curious <3

Check the trello page for notes. I can't be certain, but it might be a dragon or a more powerful boss similar to the original
brogue game, if I can give my best guess. It could follow you down or upwards to your location no matter what and you wouldn't
have a way out.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Dragonvorelover135 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:19 pm

You doing alright Myconid? Been a while since the last post, but I hope all is still going well!
Dragonvorelover135
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:14 am

Sorry for the long lack of response. I've been struggling for a while with some life issues and I'm not sure if or when I'll be able to put out another update. I know the game is stuck in the middle of an overhaul and I really want to finish this project but it's hard to focus on anything. I'm sorry. I'll try to set some time aside for it in the future.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby betacygni » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:31 pm

Is there anything we can do to help? I'd be happy to assist if I can.
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:45 pm

betacygni wrote:Is there anything we can do to help? I'd be happy to assist if I can.

It's unfortunately just a situational/emotional thing, but I appreciate the offer.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby chefjellyguy » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:47 pm

Hey, I was just wondering if you could release a build where the player starts off as a predator. If it goes against a principle or is hard to code for some reason I understand, just thought asking couldn't hurt.
chefjellyguy
Been posting for a bit

Postby wetcardboardbox » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:53 am

chefjellyguy wrote:Hey, I was just wondering if you could release a build where the player starts off as a predator. If it goes against a principle or is hard to code for some reason I understand, just thought asking couldn't hurt.

If you use the debug version, it's easy to use the > key to descend stairs quickly to the appropriate levels to become a predator, then re-ascend wherever you like with <
wetcardboardbox
Somewhat familiar

Postby Winkle » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:03 am

I really enjoy this but im reaaly bad and can't get past the third floor without getting vored to death.

Any advice?
Winkle
New to the forum

Postby betacygni » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:02 pm

Here's a few tips:

Every time you get eaten and escape, remember to re-equip your weapon, because otherwise you'll just be fighting with bare fists.

If you're right next to a monster when they eat a prey, killing them before they digest the prey will free them- and the prey will become your ally. You don't have much time to do this though, because many preds will digest prey in only a few turns.

It's a good idea to make sure you're standing next to water when trying potions you don't know- that way if it's a potion of incineration you can put yourself out immediately.

Darts and ranged weapons are fantastic for injuring an enemy before they get to you, especially if you know that they're too fast to run from.

You don't have to kill everything on the level to move on.

Use potions of strength immediately, there's no benefit to waiting.
betacygni
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:17 pm

Poked around with the code a little bit today. I'm trying to finish the vore text expansion I started way back when. It will be slow going but I really do want to see this finished. Thanks for the continued interest, guys.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby AustinWolfclaw » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:46 pm

I'm glad you're still working on this... i need to see what version of the game i have, since i havent updated in a while...
AustinWolfclaw
Somewhat familiar

Postby Cygni » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:04 pm

Bump to encourage others to submit more content for the game :3
Even if it doesn't make the cut, people might enjoy reading it~
Cygni
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby SynxTheLynx » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:50 am

Keep up the good work Myconid32, it's an awesome game :3
SynxTheLynx
Been posting for a bit

Postby pussylover3 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:45 pm

why is the game so mean for instance I get to level 17 with a trogg mystic and a zealot and the god damn game crashes and now I lost the data I am so angry because the game is already hard with it's randomness
pussylover3
Somewhat familiar

Postby DigiThing » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:14 pm

pussylover3 wrote:why is the game so mean for instance I get to level 17 with a trogg mystic and a zealot and the god damn game crashes and now I lost the data I am so angry because the game is already hard with it's randomness

other than the crashing, losing saves and the tough encounter is what makes this a rouge like game.
sometimes the numbers arn't on your side
Remember to always have fun in whatever you do :3

DigiThing
DigiThing
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:06 am

DigiThing wrote:
pussylover3 wrote:why is the game so mean for instance I get to level 17 with a trogg mystic and a zealot and the god damn game crashes and now I lost the data I am so angry because the game is already hard with it's randomness

other than the crashing, losing saves and the tough encounter is what makes this a rouge like game.
sometimes the numbers arn't on your side

I still can't reproduce crashes, incidentally. Of course it works perfectly when I'm TRYING to find an error. At this point I can't even be sure if the mod is at fault.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby KingKabal777 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:22 am

If you're looking to reproduce crashes, identify the seed, record video, play the game as normal until the game crashes.

Few known problems:

Wyvern OV and AV death scene has warlock dialog. AV death turns to be CV death dialog of Warlock. New dialog please to
correct this issue?

Wand of Polymorphism has no good use, needs to either be able to transform preds/prey into preds/prey/apex preds. This could
also be useful on apex preds. Otherwise this wand can be removed or just flat out thrown on pressure plates.

Wand of Plenty can clone the player if the bolt hits at a certain angle on crystal walls, can the game crash if this should happen? The game could
crash if you vore your clones as far as I know.
KingKabal777
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:48 am

The problems you mentioned are known and rectified in my current version of the game, which isn't yet available for download.

As for seeds, even if I could get someone to identify their seed and send it to me, I would need to replicate their exact series of moves up to the point of the crash in order to find the correct error. It's borderline impossible to do by memory, and saves are corrupted between computers so I can't use those.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Winkle » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:50 pm

In a later version are you planning to add the option of to chose what vore occurs?
Winkle
New to the forum

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game