Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.20.2]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
Don't ask about updates. If there is an update, it will simply be posted. If someone is committing to a timeline, they will just tell you the timeline without needing anyone to ask.

Use Looking for master thread when you are not posting about an existing game.

You use this forum and website at your own risk for all links and uploads. There is no quality control or malware scanning or testing done here. Proceed with caution and use a virtual machine (VM) for any uploads strongly recommended. Virus/malware scanners alone are generally not good enough.

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.15.9]

Postby MikhailOberchav » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:40 pm

been enjoying the game very much, but man is it challenging. I would expect nothing less from a rogue like and just have a few questions. for when stealth range is displayed i constantly feel like i'm getting detected when a monster is sleeping or wandering, so is there a specific option to see like a vision cone to either dodge or stick behind them? and lastly is there a way to edit flavor text yourself in the game files, like a text document of some sort with all the lines. If not that's okay i just really want to know. Keep up the great work this game is quite the fun time.
MikhailOberchav
Somewhat familiar

Postby Bradleymiddler » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:20 pm

I know this probably goes against the spirit of the game, but I've written up a bunch of M/F versions of the game's scenes over the years and would like to know if a gender-selection feature is ever on the table.
Bradleymiddler
Somewhat familiar

Postby Crazyman536 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:35 am

Bradleymiddler wrote:I know this probably goes against the spirit of the game, but I've written up a bunch of M/F versions of the game's scenes over the years and would like to know if a gender-selection feature is ever on the table.

If the frequently asked questions list on the first page is an indicator, then no it's not an option. Mind you, it does say that when the game is done, the source code will be released, allowing further modding.
Crazyman536
Somewhat familiar

Postby Jadex » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:15 pm

I'm sure you know already but it seems you can't struggle anymore, probably from the icon change unless I'm just missing something

Edit: Actually never mind you just can't click your way out anymore, now you gotta use the arrow keys to get out
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby pocketpie » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:17 am

Happy to see this is still being worked on. Been following since 2013!
pocketpie
New to the forum

Postby Myconid32 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:40 pm

pocketpie wrote:Happy to see this is still being worked on. Been following since 2013!

I'm surprised anyone is looking at the Trello (which I assume is how you know things are happening). Yeah, I'm picking away at it little by little in my free time.

Jadex wrote:you just can't click your way out anymore, now you gotta use the arrow keys to get out

I thought this was always the case, but I'll add click-struggling (back?) in.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby NorthernFish » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:44 pm

Myconid32 wrote:I'm surprised anyone is looking at the Trello (which I assume is how you know things are happening). Yeah, I'm picking away at it little by little in my free time.

Been a while since I checked trello, but this comment made me take a look. Certainly looks like you've been busy! Awesome to see you're still chipping away at the game.
NorthernFish
New to the forum

Postby Chiaroscuro » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:06 pm

So I was wondering if this was still being worked on. It's probably my favorite game on here, and I'd be interested in seeing more from it.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby xmarkx » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:37 pm

invidiasyren wrote:So I was wondering if this was still being worked on. It's probably my favorite game on here, and I'd be interested in seeing more from it.

Check the Trello link, it shows that work was done on it yesterday.
xmarkx
Somewhat familiar

Postby Chiaroscuro » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:35 am

xmarkx wrote:
invidiasyren wrote:So I was wondering if this was still being worked on. It's probably my favorite game on here, and I'd be interested in seeing more from it.

Check the Trello link, it shows that work was done on it yesterday.

Oh wow. I had checked that recently and there hadn’t been any progress in a while, hence the post. Cool to know it’s being worked on, but I guess I just had bad timing.
Chiaroscuro
Participator

Postby MarkusFreeman320 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:17 am

Is there any way to make a custom map and choose what monsters are in it?
MarkusFreeman320
Participator

Location: Western Scotland (That's as much detail as you're getting)

Postby Nouvi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:06 am

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Is there any way to make a custom map and choose what monsters are in it?

Not last time I checked, aside from some older releases featuring specific trial versions. Afaik it needs compiling the game with the monsters you want which... well, needs source. I don't think Myconid32 intend to release that until game is done though.
Still, using the test build's debug.exe should work pretty well as an alternative still. Just use > and < on your keyboard to quickly skip floors, while using clairvoyance ring you start with to quickly find your desired monster.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:36 am

MarkusFreeman320 wrote:Is there any way to make a custom map and choose what monsters are in it?

The debug mode gives you an amulet to clear a floor of monsters and has commands that let you spawn any creature you want. I included it to help people test enemy behaviors and description grammar/spelling.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Nouvi » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:14 am

Aw hell... completely failed to notice the text file relevant to that...

As, Myconid32 says, check out the SpawnCodes.txt for the specifics. "release charm" is the item used to remove all enemies - should be near the bottom of the inventory.
Lurked for Years!
Nouvi
Participator

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.16.0]

Postby Myconid32 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:01 pm

0.16.0: Details in the changelog.

Pushing this one out because of some updates to game mechanics. There are also a few creatures whose lines have been updated.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deioth » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:43 pm

Ooooh very good very good, glad you're still making progress on this ]:8D

Curious, did you ever decide on what to use when/if you're ready to full convert into an ideally less bug prone engine rather than modding the original game? Wonder if that Vore War game might be a good base, uses Unity I think?
Deioth
The second "Our One and Only" Minotaur

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:00 am

Deioth wrote:Ooooh very good very good, glad you're still making progress on this ]:8D

Curious, did you ever decide on what to use when/if you're ready to full convert into an ideally less bug prone engine rather than modding the original game? Wonder if that Vore War game might be a good base, uses Unity I think?

I'm in the middle of porting it to Game Maker (and giving it some sprite-based graphics instead of ASCII), but it's being a bit slow. I may consider using something else, but it would take time to learn how to use it.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deioth » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:06 am

I'll wish you all the best luck with it. Plan to try and convert straight to the Game Maker version or are you still going to finish this one first?
Deioth

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:00 am

Deioth wrote:I'll wish you all the best luck with it. Plan to try and convert straight to the Game Maker version or are you still going to finish this one first?

I have a tendency to get distracted for months on end, so I'm trying to put all my energy into finishing this first. It will also be easier to port if the main code is done.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Deioth » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:19 am

Apparent bugs:

Almost every melee attack appears to catch everyone unaware, even when they are aware, even enemies attacking the player.

Enemies also no longer seem to attack, they just suddenly make a vore attempt seemingly at random and it always hits.
Deioth

PreviousNext

Return to Vore game