Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.7]

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Re: Vrogue: Vore Mod for Brogue (M/M) [Alpha Version 0.17.7]

Postby Eat meh » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:16 am

Myconid32 wrote:
Eat meh wrote:Been playing around with the new updates that introduced food-hunger/nutrition, and it feels like the amount of food to be found in the dungeon could be increase by just a hair. Most games I don't encounter any by the time I hit even floor six [admittedly as far as I can ever get], which makes things dicey in terms of sheer survival.

That's a bit strange. They're coded to appear every 2-3 levels. Are you thoroughly exploring each level? Also, the food is designed to keep you from abusing the Rest mechanic too much, so try to find other healing options like bloodwort before you start resting.

Ah, that explains it then. I do search each level extremely thoroughly, but I also DO abuse the Rest mechanic a fair bit because it allows me to heal up in safer, more cleared areas than where bloodwarts usually are. That makes sense though.
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33821&#p1544157
For a good laugh, THIS.

"We're all phaggots."
Eat meh
Participator

Postby Jadex » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:07 pm

Eat meh wrote:
Myconid32 wrote:
Eat meh wrote:Been playing around with the new updates that introduced food-hunger/nutrition, and it feels like the amount of food to be found in the dungeon could be increase by just a hair. Most games I don't encounter any by the time I hit even floor six [admittedly as far as I can ever get], which makes things dicey in terms of sheer survival.

That's a bit strange. They're coded to appear every 2-3 levels. Are you thoroughly exploring each level? Also, the food is designed to keep you from abusing the Rest mechanic too much, so try to find other healing options like bloodwort before you start resting.

Ah, that explains it then. I do search each level extremely thoroughly, but I also DO abuse the Rest mechanic a fair bit because it allows me to heal up in safer, more cleared areas than where bloodwarts usually are. That makes sense though.

honestly hunger doesn't even really hurt you by the time its even close to killing you, you can already get the predator perk thing and eat some Troggs
Jadex
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:02 am

Jadex wrote:
Eat meh wrote:Ah, that explains it then. I do search each level extremely thoroughly, but I also DO abuse the Rest mechanic a fair bit because it allows me to heal up in safer, more cleared areas than where bloodwarts usually are. That makes sense though.

honestly hunger doesn't even really hurt you by the time its even close to killing you, you can already get the predator perk thing and eat some Troggs

Also, starvation will no longer kill you, unlike the base game. It WILL mess up your accuracy (unless you're trying to eat someone, in which case starvation boosts accuracy out of desperation) and evasion.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InvalidResponse » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:22 am

I really like this game. Obviously I appreciate one of the only M/M games with disposal out there, and I've been playing this since the very early versions. I just have one critique having played through it several times. The difficulty progression seems off when you get to the later levels. The first ten levels are great because it keeps getting harder and the whole time it feels extremely dangerous and I constantly get eaten if I make a mistake or get unlucky. But past level 12, around the time that the hell caves start generating, the enemies dont get harder fast enough and I have enough equipment to take care of everything at that point. I feel like the Wyvern and Cyclops should both be at least twice as powerful as they are. I have to feed myself in order to get eaten in the later levels because for a weird reason, it almost feels as if the game gets easier the further I progress, if that makes any sense.
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Postby Myconid32 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:08 pm

InvalidResponse wrote:I really like this game. Obviously I appreciate one of the only M/M games with disposal out there, and I've been playing this since the very early versions. I just have one critique having played through it several times. The difficulty progression seems off when you get to the later levels. The first ten levels are great because it keeps getting harder and the whole time it feels extremely dangerous and I constantly get eaten if I make a mistake or get unlucky. But past level 12, around the time that the hell caves start generating, the enemies dont get harder fast enough and I have enough equipment to take care of everything at that point. I feel like the Wyvern and Cyclops should both be at least twice as powerful as they are. I have to feed myself in order to get eaten in the later levels because for a weird reason, it almost feels as if the game gets easier the further I progress, if that makes any sense.

Noted. I'll consider increasing enemy stats or introducing new difficulty mechanics.
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby Revx_Z » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:07 pm

I love that the game describes combo meals.

There seems to be a repeating crash if I swallow prey on one floor and digest/dispose of it on another floor.
Revx_Z
Intermediate Vorarephile

Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Myconid32 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:58 pm

There will be a hiatus on work for the game while I work on a coding project for a friend. I'll still try to get some progress in while I can, but I wanted to drop by and explain the lack of an update. Thanks for your time and comments!
Myconid32
Intermediate Vorarephile

Postby InvalidResponse » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:04 am

I don't know if this is a new feature, but I like how the text of prey characters turns pink when they become an ally. It's like I got a new boyfriend to follow me around. Too bad they get snatched up so fast.
InvalidResponse
Somewhat familiar

Postby wetcardboardbox » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:31 pm

Thanks for the heads-up on your hiatus :)

Bug report: on several occasions when I have had apex start on and scat turned off, when I anal-vore a creature that was full with another creature, I get an update saying i shat out what's left of x and x, then next time I try to vore something the game says I'm already full, then invariably crashes next time I descend the stairs.
wetcardboardbox
Been posting for a bit

Previous

Return to Vore game